AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I got a question. Is there a Josy only route? I'm not that into maya tbh.
At this point there is only the mayajosypath variable so if there will be a break who knows but prepare for the future

In fact DPC when he published this image has two different saves

Although he also has two of Jill so who knows what that means or he was just testing the saves and he doesn't have a hidden message

Reactions: Hinterhälter

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I appreciate the concern on your part but 10 runs are TOO MUCH for me to handle...
Since ep 8 basicly forces you to choose a LI, it's not really necessary to do a run for each...
I think effectively you should be able to see pretty much everything in just 3 runs ; the chick and neutral runs should get you Maya, Josy, Bella and Jill.... Dik path should get you pretty much the rest.... (Zoey not known yet though)

Maybe after ep 8 you'll end up with 5 or 6 saves if you choose to have 1 for Jill, 2 Bella, 3 Maya and Josy, 4 Sage, 5 Zoey, 6 everything that moves...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
At this point there is only the mayajosypath variable so if there will be a break who knows but prepare for the future

Although he also has two of Jill so who knows what that means or he was just testing the saves and he doesn't have a hidden message
I also have two saves for each LI, I have the faithful one and the one from the route in which I was carrying out all the LIs to see if there were any hysterical breaking scenes to delete and then pretend they never existed.:oops:
I appreciate the concern on your part but 10 runs are TOO MUCH for me to handle... sh** I think are too many even for a super enthusiast so I try to stick to 5 (total) that I actually save within the slots (not all others that I made to unlock achievements or collectibles).

The point that I don't think has been fully grasped of what I've post is that that I wish I could understand MORE about console commands, variable changings and the EFFECTIVE effects that one variable has on the other.

I struggled to find a single guide (here on f95zone OR anywhere else for this matter) that encloses them or that explains in the least how the bare minimum mechanisms work... or someone who has ever talked (in this thread) about the inconsistencies in the game that can happen if you change a variable that is linked to other variables you know nothing about it!

↑ That's my final point! ↑

No one in this thread (that I have been able to research or am aware of) has ever listed all the commands in the console or all the variables (sure there are some that have shared a few) but without having the big picture it's hard to figure out how to "act" without "undoing" everything...

So I guess I have to rely on the Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.8.2][scrappy] just for the reason mentioned above and I have to start learning slowly from that modification! I'm also looking for another mod (made by Sancho1969) that I think is about to be launched and that will give (I'm sure) a "hard time" to the current one of Scrappy... Should I wait for that?
two runs are enough to see 90% of the content

Then there is some very specific content that almost requires a specific run.

for example there is a variation of a threesome scene in the sixth chapter that you can only see if you refused to help Maya in the third one, I'm so lazy that I've never seen it

then there are a whole series of "game over" that need specific requirements, but dirie that one can also avoid them...:oops::ROFLMAO:

Apr 9, 2021
Hi guys... another more light-hearted question in order to know one thing: Where are the Being a DIK 0.8.2 transfer saves located? I can't find the actual files in the folders, can someone kindly tell me where they would be?

What is a trasfer save?
The transfer saves are those saves that will be stored for the new binary come Season 3 (image below) ↓

In this thread (that is the main one) there are official references to vanilla saves that are very useful and among those there is this file that I show you that would be what I should find so that I can back up the saves used for the transfer but if I search with Everything (fantastic program, much better than Windows Search) I can not find the same name or similar because it seems that there is not on my PC, why is that?

Below is a screenshot of me currently supposed to have 5, how come I can't find the file that I think are stored in or the exact names of the five individual files?

being-a-dik.png

1126320_20220114104553_1.png

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

It is strange that there is only one save with Sage, although there should be two. Sage with Jade and Sage without her. The same goes for Bella. And as for Jill, everything is clear. Apparently, one is Jill's walktrough, taking into account Josie's hidden jealousy and rivalry, and another is when Josie and Maya are just friends.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Hi guys... another more light-hearted question in order to know one thing: Where are the Being a DIK 0.8.2 transfer saves located? I can't find the actual files in the folders, can someone kindly tell me where they would be?

What is a trasfer save?
The transfer saves are those saves that will be stored for the new binary come Season 3 (image below) ↓

In this thread (that is the main one) there are official references to vanilla saves that are very useful and among those there is this file that I show you that would be what I should find so that I can back up the saves used for the transfer but if I search with Everything (fantastic program, much better than Windows Search) I can not find the same name or similar because it seems that there is not on my PC, why is that?

Below is a screenshot of me currently supposed to have 5, how come I can't find the file they are (I think) stored in or the exact names of the five individual files?

View attachment 1596274

View attachment 1596268
Where did you get it?

The transfer save... Maybe all 5 are there and do a full save because usually a single save doesn't weigh almost 1MB
It is strange that there is only one save with Sage, although there should be two. Sage with Jade and Sage without her. The same goes for Bella. And as for Jill, everything is clear. Apparently, one is Jill's walktrough, taking into account Josie's hidden jealousy and rivalry, and another is when Josie and Maya are just friends.
That's why I said at the end, it's probably just testing the program because if it were for the routes that the game has there should be more saves there :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
especially Sage fuckbuddy and Sage only after breaking up with Chad

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
It means season 3 will be a new standalone, it will be able to find your transfer saves so you can start with the choices you made in the season 1/2 game. Possibly the file you showed at the end of your post is the collective map for all your saves.
That shouldn't matter, the new season 3 standalone will be able to import them individually or even all of them at once...

Apr 9, 2021
Where did you get it?

The transfer save... Maybe all 5 are there and do a full save because usually a single save doesn't weigh almost 1MB
Very quick responses...those are my favorites.

I obtained the transfert save file from Stevey's post here but I can not find precisely MY transfer saves as you see from the previous image I have because I finished those runs...

Uhm, should I search in here %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy too?

P.S: No need to answer that, I found a solution, thanks again y'all!

Last edited:

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I have two of Jill as well, but only for one for telling Sage, and one not. Don't know how big the ramifications will be with that, but I'm not taking chances. I did the same thing way back for telling Jill about the mansion fire; one Derek, one "we"

Apr 9, 2021
It means season 3 will be a new standalone, it will be able to find your transfer saves so you can start with the choices you made in the season 1/2 game. Possibly the file you showed at the end of your post is the collective map for all your saves.
That shouldn't matter, the new season 3 standalone will be able to import them individually or even all of them at once...
Oh, I see... are you really sure? What you mean basically IS (If I understand correctly) that I shouldn't worry about backing them up because they might not be "common" saves files (with the extension .save) as those found in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy or Being at DIK\game\saves, right?

Are you saying that they're just supposed to be a set of variables (so even in or on the single file) that you're going to need to "check off" in Season 3 so you can start from the same point, right?

Thanks again for all the responses guys.... really appreciated!

Last edited:

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
especially Sage fuckbuddy and Sage only after breaking up with Chad

I'm in two minds about whether that choice should have a significant impact... though it's kinda moot given Sage's insistence it was all just sex in the early episodes.

I don't know if we should be penalised or rewarded for waiting for her to be single. It doesn't seem to change Sage's opinion on the MC (but that could be lazy writing). There's some genuinely nice moments between the two on the fuck buddy route that seem to be for nothing now. Maybe avoiding all the consequences of Sage cheating that I outlined recently would be reward enough. Keep the overall arc the same, just avoid one awkward (but in my opinion long overdue) conversation.

Reactions: ename144

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

This week I've been working on several different areas of the game, including renders, animations, and GUI/main menu updates.

I'm almost finished with the writing, I have a couple of more scenes left to write, and several coding tasks remain.

I believe I'm more than halfway done with static renders. I don't know how many animations I want yet.

Don't forget to submit questions for the Q&A event. It will be at least another year until you'll have this opportunity again. Ask your questions about the game and game development .

Patron milestone reward
It's time for part 6 of the patron milestone reward.

Each winning order has gotten a render so far, but there's more to come.

cr_7_quinn_sally2_4k.png

Enjoy and have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Are you saying that they're just supposed to be a set of variables (so even in or on the single file) that you're going to need to "check off" in Season 3 so you can start from the same point, right?
Yeah, it's basicly just needed for a fresh start in the new season 3 standalone, probably they wont appear in the new saves either, you will just start season 3 picking one of the saves from end of season 2.... Ofcourse any save you make after that will again appear in the season 3 saves screen.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm in two minds about whether that choice should have a significant impact... though it's kinda moot given Sage's insistence it was all just sex in the early episodes.

I don't know if we should be penalised or rewarded for waiting for her to be single. It doesn't seem to change Sage's opinion on the MC (but that could be lazy writing). There's some genuinely nice moments between the two on the fuck buddy route that seem to be for nothing now. Maybe avoiding all the consequences of Sage cheating that I outlined recently would be reward enough. Keep the overall arc the same, just avoid one awkward (but in my opinion long overdue) conversation.
at least for me it was a complete surprise scene.

I don't expect there to be much difference between the two runs (in fact I don't have the second one) but you never know.

and also it's hard to imagine which one should be better. the fuckbuddy surely knows her more, but he's "morally" weaker, but that shouldn't be a problem for Sage, and besides it would be quite punitive that whoever followed her from the beginning would have a lesser relationship than whoever jumped the run

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021

imo...
DIK + fuck buddy ... Break up when she graduates (or before if you messed around with Jade), Quinn thwarts things - bad end for some
CHICK + wait ... Can make it work and she helps Maya and helps bring down Quinn\Burke

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes