sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Kinda already explained 50 times already. But since the Admins started deleting his posts, and eventually banned him, he concluded that the Admins are politically censorhiping him and anyone who stand against the LGBT lobby, wich is a form of modern dictatorship.
I get this part that you wrote down... but does he not realise what HE is doing ??? :oops:
Hence the WTF is THIS cancel culture...
I get that he went postal from one day to another but losing touch with reality this much... boy oh boy ! :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Lot of laughing for your comment, you didn't help here but I appreciate the goliardic nature of the post and I admit that it brought a smile to my face. But what I would like to do is totally the opposite... so do NOT fuck with the game but master it as much as possible (and if then explanations are attached in depth would not be bad at all in such a way then to build up a base of knowledge to apply to most games Ren'Py from now on)

My searches within the forum were yes fruitful but I could not totally answer my questions, that's why I care so much. I'll try to draw conclusions after these back and forth but I'm not sure I have the faculties to fully succeed.

So if possible I would appreciate if there were more technically inherent comments, I will keep you updated on the nature of my findings, thanks again.
What's there to master ??? :oops: This game was created in a way that you will have to do multiple runs to access all content there is... sure you can get more in one run if you know a thing or two but that won't change that you need ( not gonna count all possible scenarios ) at least 10 runs played different to get all there is ! Pick one route do it... start anew with a different one... but there was no kidding with the fuck up ! You reap what you sow remember it fair warning was given ( multiple times already but consider this an extra one :LOL: ) If you wanna make it easier on yourself then stick to the commands but no for the mods !!! ;)
Something to do with accounts being cancelled.... It all started out with a guy named SJW and he's worried about some gay in his lobby wich he thinks is a serious problem for nowadays gaming industry...
I wouldn't worry too much about it, just don't mention anything on-topic concerning Maya and you should be good... (appearantly the Mayans got cancelled too so that something of a sore spot)

Now back to things that really matter : Will Maya finally get her tuition in ep 9? i love that cliffhanger!
And what about the Incas ??? :oops::LOL:

Nope :p I don't think that will happen... you need shit for at least 8 more chapters... :KEK: Probably it will end in a very simple denial :WutFace:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
People often overlook the times she stood up to him.

She was fairly aggressive on Rooster more than once, telling him not to report MC‘s posts and saying he needs to leave her friends alone.

She also calls him out after their first date for posting the hearts picture. Comments during the date at her house about how Tybalt would just get someone else to lie for him makes me, personally, think it isn’t that Jill likes or tolerates him it’s that she tries to fight other peoples battles constantly and finds herself doing stupid shit. The absurdity of the blackmail just makes anyone not immediately laughing in his face almost inherently a push over. By taking him seriously she comes across as a naive or even tolerant of his cartoonishly over the top personality.

Had the blackmail been better executed by DPC I can see Jill’s personality being a bit more consistent. I saw her as someone who fights other peoples battles (taking the MC home after the fight, reporting Chad, intervening with Tybalt… even her first interaction with the MC) and gets involved in other peoples problems even when she’s zero help, or even a hinderance.

She doesn’t like or tolerate Tybalt. She throws herself between MC and Tybalt and makes a tit of herself trying to smooth things over when she doesn’t really even understand what’s going on… so she says yes to basically everything Tybalt says thinking it will help.
everything is fine except the last part

it's clear that Jill trusts Tybalt enough, otherwise she would have at least had a chat with Trent (who, according to Tybalt's account, is the most inflexible in his intentions to denounce MC). instead, she accepts everything, takes days to talk about it with MC (but having already decided to submit to blackmail) and begins to open her eyes only when Bella (a week after the blackmail) screams at her about everything...

if Tybalt had played his cards better, limiting himself to the truth (sabotaged fundraiser and damage to the Preps' house), without waving the useless threat of denunciation, he would have surely put MC at the door and increased his chances with Jill. instead, he has embellished his story so much that he makes MC look innocent, when in fact he is not innocent at all

secondly, I don't like Jill's reaction to the threat of a lawsuit and I don't find it coherent. She decides to cover up for MC, regardless of innocence or guilt, a "mafia" behaviour that in my opinion doesn't suit Jill who wanted to denounce Chad despite the fact that this could put MC in "physical" danger. But this is purely a personal opinion on the idea I had/have of Jill.

Reactions: DavDR
Apr 9, 2021
The use of MODs creates big problems in saving with new chapters, where you have to at least wait for the MOD update to be able to play the new content.

Furthermore, even without crashing the game (which you're likely to encounter if you overdo it) you risk distorting the story (which is not always very smooth) and living a compromised experience.
I know what you mean and I'm not trying to go against the ultimate experience that I'm trying to try and create for myself with one (or two, or three maybe) major saves.

What I am attempting to do is to have most of the possible issues covered by the knowledge that I am attempting to make myself of Ren'Py games but maybe I'm overdoing it by wanting to perfect something that was created for a completely different purpose and purposely created to have multi-runs with multiple save slots (also comparing myself to the answers you have given me).

I have already applied the MOD (copied the game from the Steam version folder into another folder and applied the fix for the Steam version specified → ) so I shouldn't have any problems until obviously I get to the last few episodes where I think it's still a no man's land for additional issues that I might find!

Actually I'm on Invidious (a great privacy-oriented front-end for Youtube) trying to list and copy and paste ALL the variables of the game in a txt file to begin to understand a little bit MORE what is possible to modify through the console. One of the latest tracebacks of a minor hicup has the following versions so I'm sure that I'm ON the latest version with both the Steam version and the Scrappy MOD.

↓ Latest traceback of Being a Dik ↓
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
| Being a DIK 0.8.2 |
Fri Jan 7 15:07:30 2022

Last edited:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Nope :p You got it pretty good down how to fuck up a game especially this one :LOL: With the exception of the walkthroughs ( Casiope or the Official one... does not make too much difference ) the rest will just create havoc sooo... do what you must do ! ;):KEK:

---
Please someone clear up on aisle 5 !!! JAL is BACK with vengeance ! :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:
By the way WTF is THIS cancel culture he's ranting about ?!? :oops::unsure:
Beat me, he's posting that thing everywhere, I just found it on two different threads...:oops::oops:

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Beat me, he's posting that thing everywhere, I just found it on two different threads...:oops::oops:
I've reported the guy more times than I care to count. Several F95 mods already know I'm gunning for a mod position once it opens up. I would love to whack out that guy myself here if I happen to see those posts, for now, I'll do my best to help clean this place up.

I guess we have to have some fun before the Interlude drops. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dylan741 and Redd23

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I've reported the guy more times than I care to count. Several F95 mods already know I'm gunning for a mod position once it opens up. I would love to whack out that guy myself here if I happen to see those posts, for now, I'll do my best to help clean this place up.

I guess we have to have some fun before the Interlude drops. :LOL:
Couldn't agree more with you, best wishes for becoming a mod then. :giggle:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
with friends like you, I don't need enemies...

in any case I sustained, and I sustain even now, that DPC has pushed to make Maya a controversial character (not an evil one...) putting in her mouth a whole series of sentences that don't have a particular narrative utility but that contribute to put her in bad light in different situations

on all of them, for example, the question of 100% honesty, arriving at the last chapter where she feels guilty for having taken advantage of the kindness of MC who has left the girls the room when their relationship has already been recomposed (in fact preventing the threesome that many were expecting)

after all a controversial character is much better than a one-dimensional one, it creates more discussion and therefore more interest

in many AVN the LIs are all perfect, soul mates, we have to choose only on the basis of aesthetic tastes, here as in other "evolved" AVN we have to weigh also the flaws we are willing to put up with.
I agree, it sounds very plausible that that was his intention, however I think he took it too far. Like it or not Maya Hate is a real thing. And I think it was a huge, unpleasant surprise to DPC and that he's been scrambling to fix it ever since.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I prefer Maya indifference. I don't care either way if she's here or there.

I'd prefer to have logical plotline that I can understand but maybe that's more a me problem than a we problem.

Arieth eats dog food, I get it she's stupid. Maya's dad took out a student loan that she cosigned, I don't get it, how a 40 something year old man take out a student loan, how does he get the money and not the school, I don't even.

Give me pregnant sea monster who eats dog food any day over that shit.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Reviewing the variables of the game, it seems interesting to me that Cathy has a path

Now when will she come back? And I say it now because when she comes back don't say that DPC is a bad writer blah blah blah

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Reviewing the variables of the game, it seems interesting to me that Cathy has a path

Now when will she come back? And I say it now because when she comes back don't say that DPC is a bad writer blah blah blah
Cathe appears in the final slide show of the last chapter after being completely absent in it, so I would assume that she will reappear in the next chapter.

Reactions: AchedCroissant

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I prefer Maya indifference. I don't care either way if she's here or there.

I'd prefer to have logical plotline that I can understand but maybe that's more a me problem than a we problem.

Arieth eats dog food, I get it she's stupid. Maya's dad took out a student loan that she cosigned, I don't get it, how a 40 something year old man take out a student loan, how does he get the money and not the school, I don't even.

Give me pregnant sea monster who eats dog food any day over that shit.
I think that's part of DPC's problem. I've heard vague mentions in the forum that there's dialogue from Maya where she apologizes for the 100% thing. I've never seen it because I don't play the M/J path anymore. If there is such dialogue then DPC has put it in the wrong place. Any efforts to make amends should have gone to an MC that was rejected by M/J, not to the ones on her path. Sometimes I think DPC doesn't realize that he's got a game here with multiple paths.

Reactions: Ostap Bender

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think that's part of DPC's problem. I've heard vague mentions in the forum that there's dialogue from Maya where she apologizes for the 100% thing. I've never seen it because I don't play the M/J path anymore. If there is such dialogue then DPC has put it in the wrong place. Any efforts to make amends should have gone to an MC that was rejected by M/J, not to the ones on her path. Sometimes I think DPC doesn't realize that he's got a game here with multiple paths.
probably refer to this dialogue, when they confront each other on the issue of the taser in the second chapter

my "I can't believe I used you this way..."
my "Can you forgive me?"
mc "What you did...it crossed a line..."
mc "...but it's not your fault that you got used."
mc "I believe in second chances, so I'll forgive you..."
mc "...but please think extra before you do something stupid, next time."
my "Thank you..."
mc "So, you're being 100%% honest with me now?"
my "Maybe 99%%..."
mc "Haha."

this does not seem to me to be an excuse as far as honesty is concerned, since the question of what Maya is or is not willing to tell him resurfaces immediately afterwards.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
probably refer to this dialogue, when they confront each other on the issue of the taser in the second chapter

my "I can't believe I used you this way..."
my "Can you forgive me?"
mc "What you did...it crossed a line..."
mc "...but it's not your fault that you got used."
mc "I believe in second chances, so I'll forgive you..."
mc "...but please think extra before you do something stupid, next time."
my "Thank you..."
mc "So, you're being 100%% honest with me now?"
my "Maybe 99%%..."
mc "Haha."

this does not seem to me to be an excuse as far as honesty is concerned, since the question of what Maya is or is not willing to tell him resurfaces immediately afterwards.
Oh OK, I got the impression that there was a scene in ep8 dealing with that, but I was probably wrong and I don't even bother with that path anymore.

Apr 9, 2021
What's there to master ??? :oops: This game was created in a way that you will have to do multiple runs to access all content there is... sure you can get more in one run if you know a thing or two but that won't change that you need (not gonna count all possible scenarios) at least 10 runs played different to get all there is ! Pick one route do it... start anew with a different one... but there was no kidding with the fuck up ! You reap what you sow remember it fair warning was given (multiple times already but consider this an extra one :LOL:) If you wanna make it easier on yourself then stick to the commands but no for the mods !!! ;)
I appreciate the concern on your part but 10 runs are TOO MUCH for me to handle... sh** I think are too many even for a super enthusiast so I try to stick to 5 (total) that I actually save within the slots (not all others that I made to unlock achievements or collectibles).

The point that I don't think has been fully grasped of what I've post is that that I wish I could understand MORE about console commands, variable changings and the EFFECTIVE effects that one variable has on the other.

I struggled to find a single guide (here on f95zone OR anywhere else for this matter) that encloses them or that explains in the least how the bare minimum mechanisms work... or someone who has ever talked (in this thread) about the inconsistencies in the game that can happen if you change a variable that is linked to other variables you know nothing about it!

↑ That's my final point! ↑

No one in this thread (that I have been able to research or am aware of) has ever listed all the commands in the console or all the variables (sure there are some that have shared a few) but without having the big picture it's hard to figure out how to "act" without "undoing" everything...

So I guess I have to rely on the Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.8.2][scrappy] just for the reason mentioned above and I have to start learning slowly from that modification! I'm also looking for another mod (made by Sancho1969) that I think is about to be launched and that will give (I'm sure) a "hard time" to the current one of Scrappy... Should I wait for that?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes