sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I can be a lot of fun. Try it with a chainsaw sometime. :eek:
That's alright... if the tool is a tool :ROFLMAO: Also that would imply that you touch someone elses dick deliberately... DAWE tell em all ! : HOMO !!! :LOL:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Regarding Maya and that damned loan, a rather significant bit on info came to light at the end of episode 8: Patrick works at a used car dealership.

While it may be undeserved for many in the profession, used car salesmen have a bad reputation for being dishonest and tricky (not to be confused with Peachy and Tricky - that would be Maya & Josy). DPC pretty much plays on stereo types throughout the game, and this could just be a further shortcut to exposing Patrick's character.

We already know he's a controlling, religious type, with somewhat antiquated views on sexuality, but now we could also assume he's a dishonest sleazebag (if we didn't already get that vibe based on him blackmailing his own daughter in the first place).

Also, as a car salesman, he may have actually financed his kids through his own channels, rather than through typical student loan path, which explains how he may have managed more flexibility with the cash and possibly do some dodgy-dealings on the co-signer part of the loan, etc.

Of course a personal loan would come with higher interest rates and repayments would start sooner, but that's the price a blackmailer has to pay if he wants to fuck with his daughter's life.

Sure it's a reach, but it's something, and there really hasn't been enough discussion about Patrick's line of work. :unsure:

Oh, and here's a nice coincidence:

Just like the trusting Maya was duped by her used car salesman dad.

And now she has trust issues.

:ROFLMAO:

Not sure if someone has already said this to you, but since you've mentioned you've got an old laptop, are you running the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of the executable?

Since episode 8 came out, the game has switched over to the 64-bit engine. The filename is:

BeingADIK.exe

But you can still run the 32-bit version. The filename is:

BeingADIK-32.exe

Both are in the main folder of the game, so you don't need to do anything to get it.

So give both a go and see if it makes any difference.

From what I understand, if you're gonna get COVID, Omicron is the strain to get. Wishing a speedy recovery to DPC, because we care for his health of course, nothing to do with wanting The Interlude. :p

Maybe it's just me, but I feel a little uncomfortable discussing proper fucking "babies". :eek:
Well they say the devil is in the details, and I think that's something that DPC is learning the hard way. Deciding the ending at the outset and putting off deciding on the path or details is fraught with pitfalls.

Reactions: shazba

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
So I already have v0.7.2 installed and it's 15 GB. Is there a way that I won't have to download the whole 18 GB of the new update? most of it is gonna be the same files as the old update anyway.
The is no official update patch. There is an though.
with Ren´Py Games I have encountered similar crashes. What a legend for example.
I have a fairly old laptop on which I am playing
Problems with Ren'Py games on old machines are often related to graphics drivers issues, which you might be able to fix by . That seems unlikely in this case though, since you're only crashing at certain spots.

I notice the Windows error is in German. You aren't using a translation are you? No idea if there's one for this game anyway.

You might want to post the log files to see if there's anything useful.
  • Go to where the BeingADIK.exe is, and if there is an errors.txt or traceback.txt, delete them.
  • Then run the game and go and click on one of those things that crashes the game.
  • Then go back to the directory where BeingADIK.exe is, and look for log.txt, errors.txt and/or traceback.txt. Zip any of these files that are present and attach it to your post.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
The inheritance and the letter were probably sent by a Preps named Trend. He is the lawyer of the preps. In EP3 there is a scene where this Trend refers to two numbers, 4 and 5. The secretary should not forget this time, Trend said.:unsure:

I suspect that the MC is being cheated out of his inheritance with the check and the lawyer's letter, which Neil and the MC don't understand. Someone in Rich's family died. It could all be connected. You also have to remember Jill's circle of friends. We weren't aware of him in EP3, but he was there. So Lynette's diary and clothes could also be from one of Lynette's friends.:unsure:
Some of MC's new friends in the preps may be able to help out someday?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

STRIKO

Jan 24, 2018
Most likely it's the same as what we have here so Scrappy Mod should work. And you can always ask in his thread if it works for the gog version.
No it does not work, I already tryed. Console command works, but I need list of commands.:)

Jul 8, 2020
Hi, recently downloaded this new patch, but my game doesn't open for some reason. I'm using a mac computer with my game originally at v0.7.1. I've merged the files of this update into the games folder. Then downloaded and added the walkthrough mod. When I open the game app on my laptop it just doesn't open. Reversed back to the v0.7.1 game and it works once again.

Please help! Thank you all :))

Unofficial patch to update Being a DIK from v0.7.0 to v0.8.2.

This patch will upgrade your game from v0.7.x/v0.8.x to v0.8.2.

It only contains files altered in v0.7.1/v0.7.2/v0.8.0/v0.8.1/v0.8.2 (see Files_Updated.txt).

Windows/Linux (4.86 GB): Mega -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Note: The official v0.8.2 Update Patch won't work with the unofficial patch, due to how Ren'Py handles alphabetical filename precedence. So if you patched to 0.8.0 or 0.8.1 using a previous version of the unofficial patch, then use the following to update to v0.8.2:

Unofficial v0.8.0 to v0.8.2 Update Patch (53.9 MB): Mega -

openup212

Jul 23, 2020
No it does not work, I already tryed. Console command works, but I need list of commands.:)
I don't get what console command are you talking about, but if shift+o then here:
money=5, mansion_money=50, silver=50 (for D&G)
RPjosy - see your relationship with Josy. Same for maya,jill,isabella,sage,derek,diks,nerds.
dk(+10) - plus dik points, dk(-10) - minus dik points
dtype - to learn your status. dtype=(-1) - to change status. same for dtype=(3,2,1,-1,-2,-3)
affinity = u'DIK'
affinity = u'CHICK'
affinity = u'NEUTRAL'

always86

Mar 19, 2020

View attachment 1603678

View attachment 1603680

I have some bad news; I tested positive for covid today (Omikron variant).

I need to rest and can't work as usual this week. PCs are rendering animations, though, so there's still progress being made, thankfully.

I hope I will feel better soon and be back at it. I'm feeling ok, given the circumstances.

Aside from that, it's time for part eight of the Patron milestone reward.

Love

Dr PinkCake
Just a little off topic thought I had based on this post.

We’ve had some debate in the past about where DPC is from. Speculation has often been somewhere in Europe, based on when he is active and posting. Based on his spelling Omicron with ‘K‘ it suggests he’s not from the UK, and most commonly the ‘K’ is used in place of a hard ‘C‘ in Greece, Turkey, and Scandinavia.

It had often been suggested he was from Sweeden, I forget why, but this is a little hint that he is most likely from that region.

Last edited:

magi2080

Aug 8, 2021
根据这篇文章,我认为我的想法有点离题。

我们过去曾就 DPC 的来源进行过一些辩论。根据他活跃和发帖的时间,猜测经常出现在欧洲的某个地方。根据他与“K”的拼写 Omicron,这表明他不是来自英国,在希腊、土耳其和斯堪的纳维亚半岛,最常见的是用“K”代替硬“C”。

经常有人认为他来自瑞典,我忘记了原因,但这有点暗示他很可能来自那个地区。
[/引用]
那他为什么要在美国国庆日发布祝贺

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes