Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
Does MC know what Dad's last name is, though?
His own dad (Neil)'s surname? It's never been given in the game, but it beggars belief to imagine he would not know it. They get mail to the house, people will call and say "Is Mr. <name> there please?" ... he couldn't possibly get to 18 and not know it.

Of course, if you want big enough drama, Neil could have been using a fake name since before MC was born.

Reactions: ename144

Summersnow

Jul 1, 2020
First of all, thanks for the replies.

Like a lot of games on f95zone, Being A DIK (BaD) is made using the engine, which is written in the Python programming language. So you can try searching for Ren'Py fixes, which probably also apply to BaD. Personally I never had issues with this game, but from what I know these are some of the causes:
  • data corruption: the most obvious one. Sadly, the only way to fix this is to download the game again. Torrents and/or a paid Mega account might be better than the other sites.
  • mods: consult the forum page on the specific mod for support. Also, BaD really doesn't like mods, so using them is kind of a battle between you and the developer.
  • cache and bytecode: avoiding the in-depth tech explanation, you probably have some "*.pyc" files. Deleting these (make a backup first) might fix the game.
  • your OS, drivers, etc.: easiest way to find out if there's something wrong with your system is to try another game. Make sure it's a Ren'Py game ;).
  • Sage: she likes to mess with the player. Sadly, there's no way for any straight male to ignore her. I tried. I failed.
Also make sure to check the log.txt file (in the game's directory). Sometimes logs do tell you what's wrong.
about the data corruption I have to see.... the download takes some time.... but i don´t know as the crash happens in both the compressed and big version.

Mods: I don´t use any.

cache and bytecode: I did not find any "*.pyc"files. The only ones i could find are within the python-zip in the lib folder. the python-zip is not unpacked though.

OS and drivers: this might be it.... with Ren´Py Games I have encountered similar crashes. What a legend for example.
I have a fairly old laptop on which I am playing. With What a legend a friend of mine has the exact same crash as me, with a fairly new and good machine.... so not sure there either. SummertimeSaga runs like a charm though. So does Tamaras exposure which both are Ren`Py games..... might be the memory since SummertimeSaga and Tamaras exposure are not that demanding. Again though the friend has the exact same crashes in what a legend with a way better rig than I.

Sage: same ^^

Well... At least for me, this one is a first... BaDIK usually crash with an "gray screen of death" or just shut down without errors... About your issue, I think is something with the executable
I have encountered this crash in two more spots so far. This time I chose to stay with Bella. And during the DIK Party when Rusty deleted the post of nude Cathy, the crash happens in rustys room while talking to him or clicking the door.
Also in the room with the black couches (their movie room I guess) it happens when I click the arrow in the room to zoom in.

All in all what I don´t get is, why it crashes after I played for this long. I mean Episodes 1-3 went by without a single crash, error or bug. And then suddenly it crashes but not randomly. Only in certain places.... oh well... might just have to accept maybe.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 1603678

View attachment 1603680

I have some bad news; I tested positive for covid today (Omikron variant).

I need to rest and can't work as usual this week. PCs are rendering animations, though, so there's still progress being made, thankfully.

I hope I will feel better soon and be back at it. I'm feeling ok, given the circumstances.

Aside from that, it's time for part eight of the Patron milestone reward.

Love

Dr PinkCake
Well, that's terrible news if not exactly shocking these days. Hopefully it will be a very mild case.

At least he isn't trapped in a foreign country like poor PhillyGames was.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
she does it for the thrills ofc! that would explain why Madame is so expensive!

herm i think Maya is being groomed into being an Anal slut... it seems she is enjoying the MC cumming inside of her but she is not up with getting preggers so...

-Maya is getting pregnant. By me.

Thanks anyway though.

Garen

May 6, 2017
All in all what I don´t get is, why it crashes after I played for this long. I mean Episodes 1-3 went by without a single crash, error or bug. And then suddenly it crashes but not randomly. Only in certain places.... oh well... might just have to accept maybe.
I'm not a technical guy but did you try getting past that scene by running the game in admin mode?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Regarding Maya and that damned loan, a rather significant bit on info came to light at the end of episode 8: Patrick works at a used car dealership.

While it may be undeserved for many in the profession, used car salesmen have a bad reputation for being dishonest and tricky (not to be confused with Peachy and Tricky - that would be Maya & Josy). DPC pretty much plays on stereo types throughout the game, and this could just be a further shortcut to exposing Patrick's character.

We already know he's a controlling, religious type, with somewhat antiquated views on sexuality, but now we could also assume he's a dishonest sleazebag (if we didn't already get that vibe based on him blackmailing his own daughter in the first place).

Also, as a car salesman, he may have actually financed his kids through his own channels, rather than through typical student loan path, which explains how he may have managed more flexibility with the cash and possibly do some dodgy-dealings on the co-signer part of the loan, etc.

Of course a personal loan would come with higher interest rates and repayments would start sooner, but that's the price a blackmailer has to pay if he wants to fuck with his daughter's life.

Sure it's a reach, but it's something, and there really hasn't been enough discussion about Patrick's line of work. :unsure:

Oh, and here's a nice coincidence:
Pretty sure DPC has said from the get go that he had the main plot points (and I'd say the student loan is one of them, as it's the primary device used from the very beginning to shape Maya's path) all decided before even the first release. It's the small details and "how do we get from a to b" that are continuously evolving.
You guys are remarkably trusting at taking the literal word of someone who is trying to sell you something. A used car salesman or an insurance agent would eat you alive.
Just like the trusting Maya was duped by her used car salesman dad.

And now she has trust issues.

:ROFLMAO:
First of all, thanks for the replies.

about the data corruption I have to see.... the download takes some time.... but i don´t know as the crash happens in both the compressed and big version.

Mods: I don´t use any.

cache and bytecode: I did not find any "*.pyc"files. The only ones i could find are within the python-zip in the lib folder. the python-zip is not unpacked though.

OS and drivers: this might be it.... with Ren´Py Games I have encountered similar crashes. What a legend for example.
I have a fairly old laptop on which I am playing. With What a legend a friend of mine has the exact same crash as me, with a fairly new and good machine.... so not sure there either. SummertimeSaga runs like a charm though. So does Tamaras exposure which both are Ren`Py games..... might be the memory since SummertimeSaga and Tamaras exposure are not that demanding. Again though the friend has the exact same crashes in what a legend with a way better rig than I.

Sage: same ^^

I have encountered this crash in two more spots so far. This time I chose to stay with Bella. And during the DIK Party when Rusty deleted the post of nude Cathy, the crash happens in rustys room while talking to him or clicking the door.
Also in the room with the black couches (their movie room I guess) it happens when I click the arrow in the room to zoom in.

Not sure if someone has already said this to you, but since you've mentioned you've got an old laptop, are you running the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of the executable?

Since episode 8 came out, the game has switched over to the 64-bit engine. The filename is:

BeingADIK.exe

But you can still run the 32-bit version. The filename is:

BeingADIK-32.exe

Both are in the main folder of the game, so you don't need to do anything to get it.

So give both a go and see if it makes any difference.

View attachment 1603678

View attachment 1603680

I need to rest and can't work as usual this week. PCs are rendering animations, though, so there's still progress being made, thankfully.

I hope I will feel better soon and be back at it. I'm feeling ok, given the circumstances.

Love

Dr PinkCake
From what I understand, if you're gonna get COVID, Omicron is the strain to get. Wishing a speedy recovery to DPC, because we care for his health of course, nothing to do with wanting The Interlude. :p
My manwhore MC in others path need give a proper fuck to these two babies. Glory holes don't count in my book

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe it's just me, but I feel a little uncomfortable discussing proper fucking "babies". :eek:

Last edited:

Garen

May 6, 2017
Choosing between Nicole and Lily was the cruelest thing DPC could do
That scene was a choice?
Imagine not using mod to fuck with the variables so much your biggest imminent enemy every new Episode isn't Tybalt or Chad but the unruly mess you've created in the code. Couldn't be me.

This post was made by the MODGANGgang

Reactions: Carvangar

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
My manwhore MC in others path need give a proper fuck to these two babies. Glory holes don't count in my book

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean I respect others' opinions, but the first chick looks seriously meth'd up. It's mostly that godawful makeup. The pink eyeliner gives off a "I've been up for three days straight" vibe and the cum-crusted lip gloss don't help.

chick # 2 has the most hilarious looking mouth I've ever seen. She should call guinness for the world record of fat fish lips.

But yes, I don't count glory hole stuff either. For all you know it could be Troy on the other end slurping down your meat sword love goo. Never glory hole without looking under or over the stall for confirmation.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
His own dad (Neil)'s surname? It's never been given in the game, but it beggars belief to imagine he would not know it. They get mail to the house, people will call and say "Is Mr. <name> there please?" ... he couldn't possibly get to 18 and not know it.

Of course, if you want big enough drama, Neil could have been using a fake name since before MC was born.
You mean we should be suspicious if MC thinks his surname is Nguyen?

• Haha
Reactions: Craterfire and OFT

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I mean I respect others' opinions, but the first chick looks seriously meth'd up. It's mostly that godawful makeup. The pink eyeliner gives off a "I've been up for three days straight" vibe and the cum-crusted lip gloss don't help.

chick # 2 has the most hilarious looking mouth I've ever seen. She should call guinness for the world record of fat fish lips.

But yes, I don't count glory hole stuff either. For all you know it could be Troy on the other end slurping down your meat sword love goo. Never glory hole without looking under or over the stall for confirmation.
But dude, did you see their tities? :ROFLMAO:

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021

It was a joke because MC seems to be about as dense as a black hole.

kakato13

Feb 16, 2021

View attachment 1603678

View attachment 1603680

Love

Dr PinkCake
It is bad, take some rest and hope come back soon

Reactions: magi2080
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes