Sep 29, 2021
Hope you recover asap, you have been an influential beneficial figure for many of us, including me due to games such as Acting Lessons and BaDIK

We all pray for your recovery and hope that this period gets over soon with minimal to no impact

Also, take a well deserved break if you need, we DIKs will stay strong

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

View attachment 1603678

View attachment 1603680

I have some bad news; I tested positive for covid today (Omikron variant).

I need to rest and can't work as usual this week. PCs are rendering animations, though, so there's still progress being made, thankfully.

I hope I will feel better soon and be back at it. I'm feeling ok, given the circumstances.

Aside from that, it's time for part eight of the Patron milestone reward.

Love

Dr PinkCake
Get well soon. I hope he doesn't come back before he is healed though. Full recovery is the top priorty.
Cool maya outfit, but I was really hoping it would be her Halloween party attire...if they are not doing costumes.

Reactions: Redd23 and Catlyn

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020

View attachment 1603678

View attachment 1603680

I have some bad news; I tested positive for covid today (Omikron variant).

I need to rest and can't work as usual this week. PCs are rendering animations, though, so there's still progress being made, thankfully.

I hope I will feel better soon and be back at it. I'm feeling ok, given the circumstances.

Aside from that, it's time for part eight of the Patron milestone reward.

Love

Dr PinkCake

I hope the symptoms remain mild. It's not something to fuck around with. I hope he gets better.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Sage makes more sense if you basically ignore most of Ep7. I think DPC was stalling Sage until EP8 and all that “never saw you that way” from her and “I don’t wanna be a rebound” nonsense from him fucks with her story in the name of stalling them becoming whatever they are at the end of season 2.

She says in Ep8 how she was probably into the MC for a long time and was protecting herself by not dating him already. Make that her arc with him. It marries up with all the behaviour in the past. If it went straight from Ep6 to just more fucking before the MC gives his big speech in Ep8 it all hangs together better. Ambiguity is her friend in this regard.
you are right

all the LIs go through a moment that is good to forget in order to enjoy the game, at the end without the turn of the rebound guy, that besides being forced is in practice completely useless, Sage's story improves a lot

Reactions: mindern

Blue Milk

Apr 27, 2021
Get well soon. I hope he doesn't come back before he is healed though. Full recovery is the top priorty.
Cool maya outfit, but I was really hoping it would be her Halloween party attire...if they are not doing costumes.
Why would it be a Halloween outfit when we haven't seen it yet, it would spoil Ep 9 if we did, and the request for this set was for Maya and Josy to be in their outfits from the dorm party?

Reactions: Redd23

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
I don't know why this came to mind when I first saw this scene, but it plays in my head now whenever I re-watch it:

57 1.png
57 2.png
57 3.png

Summersnow

Jul 1, 2020
ok, I have read through a lot of the thread, and searched for the word "crash" and read the results, but so far I could not find a solution to my problem... not even sure if anybody else has encountered it. if there is a solution I must have overlooked it and I am sorry, in that case just gently prod me in the direction of it :)
I play a non-modded version of 8.2 and it ran ok so far. But in Ep. 4 (I chose to stay with Sage), it always crashes the game when sage leaves the room to prepare the movie night and I exit her room (the screen below). The task-app says to check out swyper, talk to sage, and then rest on sages bed. It does not matter if I used Swyper or not, it always crashes when I exit. I tried the compressed and not-compressed (18Gig) version, and I tried the hotfix. Has anybody got a solution or am I just fucked?
1642541143899.png

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
but isn't this basically the same dress she had on at the dorm party?

For the halloween party, if there ever is one, I would expect a little more.

aarbei23

Jan 14, 2018
ok, I have read through a lot of the thread, and searched for the word "crash" and read the results, but so far I could not find a solution to my problem... not even sure if anybody else has encountered it. if there is a solution I must have overlooked it and I am sorry, in that case just gently prod me in the direction of it :)
I play a non-modded version of 8.2 and it ran ok so far. But in Ep. 4 (I chose to stay with Sage), it always crashes the game when sage leaves the room to prepare the movie night and I exit her room (the screen below). The task-app says to check out swyper, talk to sage, and then rest on sages bed. It does not matter if I used Swyper or not, it always crashes when I exit. I tried the compressed and not-compressed (18Gig) version, and I tried the hotfix. Has anybody got a solution or am I just fucked?
View attachment 1604394
Like a lot of games on f95zone, Being A DIK (BaD) is made using the engine, which is written in the Python programming language. So you can try searching for Ren'Py fixes, which probably also apply to BaD. Personally I never had issues with this game, but from what I know these are some of the causes:
  • data corruption: the most obvious one. Sadly, the only way to fix this is to download the game again. Torrents and/or a paid Mega account might be better than the other sites.
  • mods: consult the forum page on the specific mod for support. Also, BaD really doesn't like mods, so using them is kind of a battle between you and the developer.
  • cache and bytecode: avoiding the in-depth tech explanation, you probably have some "*.pyc" files. Deleting these (make a backup first) might fix the game.
  • your OS, drivers, etc.: easiest way to find out if there's something wrong with your system is to try another game. Make sure it's a Ren'Py game ;).
  • Sage: she likes to mess with the player. Sadly, there's no way for any straight male to ignore her. I tried. I failed.
Also make sure to check the log.txt file (in the game's directory). Sometimes logs do tell you what's wrong.

Reactions: Meushi and QBaSS

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
You can prevent him from banging Arieth, but I do not recall the conditions it is based upon. I've had a few games where he's happy that he dodged the bullet.
For real? In every gameplay of mine Derek banged Arieth with Jacob, Chad and Dawe received that blackmail photos and in one of them we can see the "trio sandwich" and that funny s
Really? Fucked how? Do they take all of her assets? Maya doesn't have any assets. And what kind of country doesn't have bankruptcy laws? Do you live in the Middle-Ages?
Just one word... Actually name.... Romania. And probably you will understand what I'm saying
If it went to court, Patrick would be fucked. I can’t see what he’s doing is even legal.
Well, yes. But as she said, it costs a lot to start an conflict in court. Yes, you can recover the money (if you win), but still need to spend a lot before
View attachment 1604394
Well... At least for me, this one is a first... BaDIK usually crash with an "gray screen of death" or just shut down without errors... About your issue, I think is something with the executable

Reactions: vogelbeest

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Why would it be a Halloween outfit when we haven't seen it yet, it would spoil Ep 9 if we did, and the request for this set was for Maya and Josy to be in their outfits from the dorm party?
I'm not suggesting that it will be, only that orange makes me think of Halloween. When I saw Maya wear it in the ep. 8 previews I thought for sure we were getting a Halloween party, but alas it weren't true. Certainly Maya will have something esle when the party finally arrives. I'm just bemoaning the fact that we didn't get the Halloween party and her dress was just some random selection that she wore at the ep. 8 party. Looks good either way.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes