felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
so what happens if the Interlude is considered to be "crap" by the majority of players? if it does in fact end up as pointless filler content, and its sole purpose is to brute force MC's ex back into the main story in order to stir up drama even though MC literally just had to "make a decision", do DPC and this game face any negative repercussions?

he has been very consistent with his work since AL on many levels, but he has never made an abrupt detour like this before. explicitly pushing the main story and characters aside to tell a literal interlude about a previously unimportant side character. if it is short and it is "crap", people would likely be annoyed that any time was wasted on it in the first place and that DPC should have just kept working on the DIK story (especially if it is going to directly challenge the decision your MC was just forced to make).

sure it could be good, but most players here at least have already expressed their disinterest in this side story and character. it seems like he might be setting himself up for some unnecessary negative feedback for a game that is otherwise nearly universally praised across the board.

just curious what people think if this interlude ends up being shitty
Eh… take it or leave it is my opinion.

Im taking this interlude the same way I take Quinn content. Nice for those who want more of that character, not for me personally but I’m not gonna get bent out of shape DPC devoted time to her instead of something else.

The games overarching story has already laid out by DPC. He knows what role she will play. If she’s integral to the story then I’m kinda fine with an interlude… she needs to be fleshed out and id prefer this mini episode dedicated to her over some in game exposition dump.

If she’s just another LI route introduced late then… like I said, doesn’t bother me he devoted time to someone I’m not fussed about. A lotta people on here don’t like my LI choices. Can’t please everyone.
considering the low expectations it is very likely that the interlude will surprise positively. :ROFLMAO:

I expect that it will tend to be as insignificant as the other flashbacks, it will be the first step to make Zoey interesting, more than what she did in this time on the coast (uninteresting) I think it will aim to clarify the reasons for her return, the problems she found in her new life, or the repentance for what she left behind.

i think Zoey can be very interesting, as a secondary girl she should be synonymous with sex without big problems, instead it seems that she will be something different, perceived for now only as a problem coming.

i hope that she will turn out to be what for me can't be Derek, a positive presence, who knows better than anyone Mc, with whom he can confide in a deep way

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
In Sage's case, it's quite simple. Even if the MC is/was not Sage's fuck buddy, Sage told Chad in EP8 that she cheated on him. The question is when and with whom? :unsure:

There are 3 good candidates. Jacob, Anthony or JB. During the HOT party in EP7, when the MC rejects Sage again, Sage remains sexually frustrated. :cry:

When the MC brings out all the jocks, it will be John with Elena who invites Sage to a threesome. But that's unlikely because JB uses condoms. We see this in his party lighting at EP8's dorm party.:rolleyes:(y)

If the MC is Brav, it depends on whether he brings Sage a whiskey and if it's the right one. If so, Jacob will leave Sage alone because he is a coward. Jacob overhears Sage practicing martial arts with the MC, and at the party Sage tells the MC that he knows her well. Jacob would then be too scared to fuck Sage. So he goes to Arieth or Camila who is very drunk. Easy prey for a fearful hunter. Now when the MC talks to Ashley and then talks to Derek on the phone, Ashley goes to Derek and Anthony has to find a new fuck for the night. He doesn't know about Sage's relationship with the MC, but he does know that Sage is no longer in a relationship with Chad. Anthony likes redheaded girls. He had Arieth, Ashley, and maybe now Sage. If Jacob went to Arieth because he is afraid of the MC, Anthony is left with Sage.:oops:

The weird thing about EP8 is that all the girls who might be pregnant are wearing orange clothes. Sweet and fruity is what the MC says to himself while mixing drinks for Josy.:unsure:

Image 01: Ashley and Camila
Image 02: Sage
Image 03: Josy
Image 04: Maya

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It depends on our playing which girl is pregnant or not. The absolute gau would be, of course, if several girls are pregnant. This is also possible if the girls rely on birth control pills. Oops. Quinn made sugar pills out of that.:devilish:
I really don't think the pregnancy will have to do anything with the MC, so it's probably related to someone else like Derek or Tommy. Because the pregnancy test appears no matter what (even if you didn't fuck anyone in the game) or the other option is Zoey which is very very unlikely because the timeline doesn't fit (even though DPC changed the lines in the flashback, but that's because with the old version MC ended up being underage and that might have created problems for him with Patreon).

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
I just wouldn't rule out that the MC can't be the father in any case, because that would be so irrelevant to the story if someone other than the MC became the father, unless there was an important reference to the MC.:unsure:

The pregnant girl no LI and the future father, not the MC and also no reference to the MC, would just leave college. Boring. Even if the father was named Tommy, Derek, Rusty, etc., that wouldn't bother the majority of players when they leave college. The same goes for the pregnant girl. Even if it were a popular side girl, there are many others. So the pregnancy must have something to do with the MC. But that doesn't mean the MC will become a father. Not yet.:coffee::unsure::rolleyes:

So the pregnant girl will either be a LI or the MC will be a father. Only this variation moves the story forward or creates a dramatic scenario.:D(y)
The pregnancy is like the STD storyline, it was connected to everyone except MC :ROFLMAO:.
Same will happen here, its either, Elena, Heather, or Wendy.

Zoey, can be pregnant, but not from MC. She might recently discovered she is pregnant, and She come back, because her BF is a jerk or , but she wants to keep it, or something and come back for emotional support. That is the only way, how this story can connect directly to MC, but it is more than likely it is one of the girl I mentioned.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The pregnancy is like the STD storyline, it was connected to everyone except MC :ROFLMAO:.

Zoey, can be pregnant, but not from MC. She might recently discovered she is pregnant, and She come back, becasue her BF is a jerk, but she wants to keep it, or something and come back for emotional support. That is the only way, how this story can connect directly to MC, but it is more than likely it is one of the girl I mentioned.
I would add Sally

if she was Zoey she would be a dead character before being introduced.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Does anyone have a run where they failed a majority or all their classes? Because maybe Magnar isn't a dick at the party (and therefore Sally isn't grouchy) if he's not trying to beat MC in grades.

Just a theory.

Reactions: Lostanddamned

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I just wouldn't rule out that the MC can't be the father in any case, because that would be so irrelevant to the story if someone other than the MC became the father, unless there was an important reference to the MC.:unsure:

The pregnant girl no LI and the future father, not the MC and also no reference to the MC, would just leave college. Boring. Even if the father was named Tommy, Derek, Rusty, etc., that wouldn't bother the majority of players when they leave college. The same goes for the pregnant girl. Even if it were a popular side girl, there are many others. So the pregnancy must have something to do with the MC. But that doesn't mean the MC will become a father. Not yet.:coffee::unsure::rolleyes:

So the pregnant girl will either be a LI or the MC will be a father. Only this variation moves the story forward or creates a dramatic scenario.:D(y)
I think it's going to be someone related to Burke and the tuition though. Like something that might be used as evidence against Burke, but I think it's too early for that. So if it's going to be related to Burke somehow, it might be Mona.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

Zoey, can be pregnant, but not from MC. She might recently discovered she is pregnant, and She come back, because her BF is a jerk or , but she wants to keep it, or something and come back for emotional support. That is the only way, how this story can connect directly to MC, but it is more than likely it is one of the girl I mentioned.
It could be Josy, having a side thing with her Prep friend, whose name I can't recall.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
So what happens if the Interlude is considered to be "crap" by the majority of players? If it does in fact end up as pointless filler content, and its sole purpose is to brute force MC's ex back into the main story in order to stir up drama even though MC literally just had to "make a decision", do DPC and this game face any negative repercussions?

[...]

Sure it could be good, but most players here at least have already expressed their disinterest in this side story and character. it seems like he might be setting himself up for some unnecessary negative feedback for a game that is otherwise nearly universally praised across the board.

Just curious what people think if this interlude ends up being shitty.
I am quite optimistic about this game, although I do have some criticisms, some of which are that the characters are not developed enough and that the beat goes round and round (party, romance, sex, then another party). The interlude is, in my view, a good idea to experiment with, and likely to be repeated with other girls, rather than just sticking to short flashbacks.

There is nothing worse to kill a project than to dictate to the creator how he should compose the writing; supporting a project is not taking ownership. I can't imagine the amount of negative feedback Dr PinkCake would have received if he had first announced that his new game was going to deal with the sexual orientation question.

And even if this interlude is a failure, which is not yet proven, what do we lose, we players? Are four months of development in a game that will take years to be completed such a huge delay? Concerns about the interlude are fine, but to prejudge it and dramatize the consequences seems excessive to me; I trust Dr PinkCake's ability to learn from his mistakes.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
OK, here's a question for everyone. If you had known before you ever played BaDIK that it could take nine to eleven years to complete, would you have still played the game?

Reactions: felicemastronzo

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
OK, here's a question for everyone. If you had known before you ever played BaDIK that it could take nine to eleven years to complete, would you have still played the game?
Nope :p

In addition I still think that this will have some sort of backlash possibly from the end of season 3 and onwards...
People normally move on to new things and if other devs learned the lessons and are good as DPC they can easily snatch the horde away due to this huge time delay to complete a game fully...

Though hardcore fans will stick to it nonetheless :LOL:

Reactions: Squints

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
From day 1? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would. Being a DIK isn't the only piece of media that I'm waiting for. I'm sure there are other things to keep me busy while this gets updated over time.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've already abandoned a game for that very reason
And even if this interlude is a failure, which is not yet proven, what do we lose, we players? Are four months of development in a game that will take years to be completed such a huge delay? Concerns about the interlude are fine, but to prejudge it and dramatize the consequences seems excessive to me; I trust Dr PinkCake's ability to learn from his mistakes.
with the premise that we don't pay (generally) to play it, we absolutely don't miss anything, and we wouldn't miss anything if it never ended.

but every "loss of time" is a loss. waiting an extra month (estimated) for a content you don't like is a loss.

I still think this interlude is a one-time thing, due to a series of real setbacks that DPC had to deal with (the launch on GOG, the Steam version, and especially the save import system).

if it were to become the rule at that point I would definitely prefer 2 half chapters a year, rather than a soup waiting for the real chapter.

4.80 star(s) 1,524 Votes