Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
OK, here's a question for everyone. If you had known before you ever played BaDIK that it could take nine to eleven years to complete, would you have still played the game?
Yes, because it's not so much the conclusion of the game that interests me, but its development; that is, how Dr PinkCake manages (or fails) to connect the plots and the characters, and the numerous consequences of the player's decisions. But to know that one day Being a DIK will have a conclusion is a plus over other projects that mostly end up abandoned.

TotalSimp

Jan 29, 2022
The guide has been updated to Episode 8 – Crossroads: Who will be your loved one?

My walkthrough focuses on the player’s choices and features many links and references to better understand their longterm consequences in the story.

I wrote this guide first because Being a DIK is fun and because the official is sometimes confusing while omitting some useful data. Whether you want to maximize your success with the love interests, or you are playing the game for the first time, you will find the answers to your questions. Thanks for adding a Like if you value it. Enjoy the game and good reading to you!

Read it and download it from and Google Drive
(Players from China are invited to use a proxy.)

Choices & Outcomes | Rewards & Pack Quests | Art & Wallpapers | Vault codes | Renovation of ΔIK house | Timeline​
Best guide ever! Registered on this site just to get the latest version. Thanks so much for taking the time to make it.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
OK, here's a question for everyone. If you had known before you ever played BaDIK that it could take nine to eleven years to complete, would you have still played the game?
There's no question about that... if i have any regrets playing a game here it would sooner be the many games that did not even make it past first release and on top of that just did not deliver anything good...
If a game takes a long time to be completed it's no problem for me aslong the story is good... Badik delivers there, while i've seen plenty games getting boring when they were just dragging along for patreon fees....

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Yes, because it's not so much the conclusion of the game that interests me, but its development; that is, how Dr PinkCake manages (or fails) to connect the plots and the characters, and the numerous consequences of the player's decisions. But to know that one day Being a DIK will have a conclusion is a plus over other projects that mostly end up abandoned.
And you are so sure that this game will never be abandoned?

One of the things that concerns me most about a decade long development cycle is that I feel that it increases the chance that the game will be abandoned. A decade is a long time, both for an individual and for society in general. A lot of things can happen in that time. If DPC's supporters started bailing, for whatever reason, then I have little doubt that he would abandon the game.

Reactions: PashafromRussia

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
So the pregnant girl will either be a LI or the MC will be a father. Only this variation moves the story forward or creates a dramatic scenario.:D(y)
I can’t be the only person fond enough of Derek to think there would be impact if it turns out he knocked someone up?

Especially if it was Wendy and I’ve put the effort into hooking him up with Ashley.

Derek has made me laugh enough times and been a genuine friend to the MC long enough I’d care if he had to drop out or if it destroyed his relationship with Ashley due to a pregnancy.

Besides, I feel Derek needs some sort of arc in this. Otherwise he was just background comic noise. Him having an arc could work without disrupting much, he doesn’t come across like he’s gonna be all dramatic about it.

I made a passing comment before about this but if Dereks arc was something like he steps up and becomes a father, dropping out of college to work with Neil and Luis (using skills he picked up repairing the mansion) I could get on board. No drama, no bullshit, just decisive action.

Then again I hate contrived happy endings and Derek finding small happiness bro’ing it up with Neil at work and MC at the weekends whilst he works a dead end job having ruined his future is the kinda realistic ending I can get behind.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
No guarantee for a one-man project and with a contagious virus that mutates every five months. But I believe in his determination to end the story as he did with his previous game. And the day I don't believe anymore, I'll cut my ties, as I already did with others and without any regrets.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I can’t be the only person fond enough of Derek to think there would be impact if it turns out he knocked someone up?

Especially if it was Wendy and I’ve put the effort into hooking him up with Ashley.

Derek has made me laugh enough times and been a genuine friend to the MC long enough I’d care if he had to drop out or if it destroyed his relationship with Ashley due to a pregnancy.

Besides, I feel Derek needs some sort of arc in this. Otherwise he was just background comic noise. Him having an arc could work without disrupting much, he doesn’t come across like he’s gonna be all dramatic about it.

I made a passing comment before about this but if Dereks arc was something like he steps up and becomes a father, dropping out of college to work with Neil and Luis (using skills he picked up repairing the mansion) I could get on board. No drama, no bullshit, just decisive action.

Then again I hate contrived happy endings and Derek finding small happiness bro’ing it up with Neil at work and MC at the weekends whilst he works a dead end job having ruined his future is the kinda realistic ending I can get behind.
with the reputation I have, rightly, as a Derek hater, I don't know how believable it could be... but I too would love a serious twist on the character, like what seemed to be his depression in chapter six.

if Derek was the father, it would be an event that would necessarily involve MC without being forced

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

One of the things that concerns me most about a decade long development cycle is that I feel that it increases the chance that the game will be abandoned. A decade is a long time, both for an individual and for society in general. A lot of things can happen in that time. If DPC's supporters started bailing, for whatever reason, then I have little doubt that he would abandon the game.
This is a fair concern.
But as I have already said, the outflow of patrons does not threaten him. Icstor releases one small update per year and has another 3 thousand patrons. 14 thousand is a very large number. Even if he finished the game right now, all 14 thousand will not unsubscribe from him every minute, it will take years.

My biggest concern related to the game is the health of Pink. Before my eyes is the example of Miura, who, due to his health, had to constantly take breaks from work.
I think the game will be over. The developer is very professional, working for 10 or 12 hours. But I think this will be his last job. There were a lot of questions in Q&A about the next game, but he ignored them. But I noticed a stupid question about watermelon and Tybalt. I believe Dr. Pink himself understands that this is his last game after which he will retire.
Now the development is going well. I believe that this and next year will go smoothly. The biggest concerns about the fourth season, which should be the final.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
There's no real reason right now to assume it will be abandoned either, there's been a steady flow of delivering content, maybe not as fast as some would have liked but it's never fast enough if you're waiting for the next episode of one of the good titles.
So the question is : are you so sure it will be abandoned? And if so... what will you do with your spare time after that?
I am pretty sure you will be among the people that will mis it most. ;)

Garen

May 6, 2017
I never think about the how much is remaining when I start playing the game. I checkout the changelog and if it has enough content for 3-4 hours I go ahead and play it. If I enjoy the characters and the story, I play every big update; if the story starts feeling stale, I play every two updates; and if I see no hope, then I drop it.

Having tons of content to play in one sitting is great but when it comes to top quality games, I believe playing them update-by-update with player interaction and discussions as filler is just as good.

So to answer your question, if not for this forum, I would probably never pick up any incomplete game.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
This is a fair concern.
But as I have already said, the outflow of patrons does not threaten him. Icstor releases one small update per year and has another 3 thousand patrons. 14 thousand is a very large number. Even if he finished the game right now, all 14 thousand will not unsubscribe from him every minute, it will take years.

My biggest concern related to the game is the health of Pink. Before my eyes is the example of Miura, who, due to his health, had to constantly take breaks from work.
I think the game will be over. The developer is very professional, working for 10 or 12 hours. But I think this will be his last job.
Now the development is going well. I believe that this and next year will go smoothly. The biggest concerns about the fourth season, which should be the final.
I'm not even sure that the fourth season will be the final. And it's not so much DPC's health that concerns me as it is a general wait fatigue in the audience. Do we really know how people will react to a one update a year scenario? I check into the forums, Patreon, Redditt, Discord, etc. on a rugular basis and it seems to me that the complaints about wait times have been ever more frequent, usually answered by the loyalist with a mythic certainty that DPC will hire staff to speed up the game. Well, after the Q&A that hope is as dead as disco. We'll see how it plays out.

Scarpia

Jan 12, 2020
So many detailed walkthroughs, indepth this and that, and no can make an optimal path walkthrough to get the most content regardless of being dik or chick?

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
You right, just like you have your Tsundere history with DPC, that's obvious too:p.
Actually if you look at Josy's character logically it doesn't make much sense that she would be with Maya or MC. Josy's a Daddy's Girl, and by that I don't mean that she wants to fuck her Dad, but he is the most important person in her life. The Prep kid just seems like a much more likely choice for her.

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
In Sage's case, it's quite simple. Even if the MC is/was not Sage's fuck buddy, Sage told Chad in EP8 that she cheated on him. The question is when and with whom? :unsure:

This is also possible if the girls rely on birth control pills. Oops. Quinn made sugar pills out of that.:devilish:
If you're not Sage's fuck buddy then she says she tried to cheat on Chad, something along lines "I'm not better, i cheated on you too, well at least I tried/wanted to".

And the sugar pills theory actually could be funny if it turns out Quinn indirectly caused this pregnancy :D

I'd like to think I'd wait till it's done, but the truth is I wouldnt have patience. And in the end it's a good decision imo, at least we can discuss whole game here after each chapter, instead of playing it in one go.

Pipiowl

Aug 4, 2020
I just joined this game forum and I really like this game, a little bit of a story I don't like any 3dcg games because the 3d model is a bit scary in my opinion.

but after my friend recommend me this game, after I play it. I say this game is really amazing, the storyline is truly remarkable, the character development of the MC is really felt in every episode
and also other characters who are very interactive and have unique personalities like Derek, I always burst of laugh when I see his scenes with the MC or his random behavior with others and he is Truly the best brother!, Also Sage who become more mature after breaking up, Jill who managed to brave herself in the face of trials

I also sometimes feel sad every time I decide on something hard and it always makes me think what is the best choice for the MC, I didn't even look at the available guides because I really enjoyed the game

for the developer, thank you very much for your hard work I enjoy your game, I play this with my heart, its truly a roller-coaster game of feelings and changed my view of 3dcg games
I can't wait for season 3 comes out on Steam, please take your time to write this amazing game :)(y)

and maybe people in this forum can recommend any 3dcg game that you usually play because I want to try it.

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Actually if you look at Josy's character logically it doesn't make much sense that she would be with Maya or MC. Josy's a Daddy's Girl, and by that I don't mean that she wants to fuck her Dad, but he is the most important person in her life. The Prep kid just seems like a much more likely choice for her.
Actually , you just talk shits out of your ass. :ROFLMAO:. Even Dalix won't dare to say this stupid shit:ROFLMAO:.
so just because she said, "hi" to a guy, its mean she wants or already fucked him , in your mind :rolleyes:. Whatever, I crush you with an actual fact, directly from the game:ROFLMAO:

She's on birth control pills:p:ROFLMAO:and before you try. Don't !! . Don't try to reach with a response of, " those are not always work bullshit" :p:ROFLMAO: . so Josy is definitely out of this equation:cool:
BeingADIK 2022-01-29 15-36-43-97.jpg

I give you a free pass for this time , let this be a lesson.:ROFLMAO: . You don't talk Horseshit about My Girl

4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes