Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
I'm not sure why everyone is immediately doomposting. Like 90% of the stuff we do takes place at the college, which Zoey (as a non-student) likely can't go to. It's past the March of the Rejects so she can't join until the next semester at best which is after Christmas...

Though now that I think on it why the fuck are we having finals (for gender studies) before Halloween? Are the semesters at B&R half the length of a standard semester?

Reactions: The Japanese

CosmoKram3r

Mar 4, 2022
Hey guys

Brand new to VN's and I'm loving the start playing Being a DIK.

I'm a bit confused about how this all works. I know there's 8 episodes, so can you only pursue one girl for each of the episodes?

Someone posted a huge save game file for each episode and labelled each of them as going down 'girl name' route. How does that work and what does that mean?

Do I need scrappy mod as well or is it better to just use the save files? or do I need both?

Or if I just wanted to play the game normally until I finish it do I just wing it and select whatever answers I want until the end, and then if I wanna try out the different story lines for the different girls do I use a save file along with scrappy mod to see which answers to pick?

Do the save game files unlock all the scenes?

Sorry I know I've got a fair few questions. Just trying to wrap my head around all the different girls and story lines etc because I thought I'd just go along and end up fucking each of them and unlock all scenes eventually as I just continued to play lol

Also in the save game files there's a 'persistent' file. What do I do with that?

Oct 13, 2020
And can someone tell me what the cartoonish speech bubbles are all about ? We introducing Marvel Heroes next ? Jeeesh, stick with what works and dont fiddle with childish crap, DPC !
Eh, as much as I didn't like this "update", I appreciated the different ways in which he portrayed dialogue, those speech bubbles and on-screen texting included. A breath of fresh air, I would say.

Reactions: jerrod_stone

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
And now one has to transfer every route through that crap
After finishing it once you can immediately skip to Chapter 9 with the game only asking how Zoey handled the one 'major' situation in her interlude. Since there isn't a Chapter 9 yet the game immediately ends, but still.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes. Just checked on a save where I never hooked up with anyone but Josy & Maya.

Roido

Jul 29, 2018
I'm still sad that DPC had to change how saves work. I mean it was already working, right? :'(

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Wow, did I call it or what? It's almost as if I can read DPC's mind at this point.
Flashback sex with Zoey/MC - check
Short departure/arrival scenes - check
No fooling around with dudes besides MC - check
Annoying mini games - check
Gay co-worker - check (although I incorrectly assumed it was Mr. Pink)
Lewd moments with Amy Winehouse - check
Sympathetic Zoey scenes with sad music - check

Overall, technically a very fine production. No reason why it wouldn't be a four or five star for someone coming into this episode blind with no preconceived notions of Zoey or the main B&R cast. I do really think DPC is becoming more interested in leaving the lewdness of AVNs behind and moving to more mainstream drama-type games. If you like the character of Zoey and/or a new beach setting excites you, then you will enjoy this Interlude. If you don't like the character of Zoey then you will probably just meh. For me, it wasn't worth the two month or so delay on ep. 9. But I'm glad DPC got a much needed breather.

Stream of consciousness thoughts about Interlude-----
Notebook was probably the most interesting thing for me in this whole Interlude.
Mini Games - Boop the dots, really?
The new texting setup is great. Easier to see and the design is much improved.
The plastic wrap over the tattoo looked very realistic.
The auto cycling SFW animations are annoying and unnecessary filler.
Music choices...fit the story setting I guess. Not my thing though. I would have preferred reggae or some kind of mellow ganja music.
No homeless meth-heads in San Diego apparently.
Surprise anal with Amy Winehouse (thanks DPC). :D But then close up of chickenpox or whatever that was on Amy's back, yikes! :eek:

Riona has been popular since episode 1.
So? That doesn't change the original statement on Zoey who is not really comparable to Riona. DPC can't show a girl (that he wants to be a popular LI) having sex with a bunch of dudes in the Interlude. And to date, Riona still has not been shown having sex with anyone other than MC and women. Prostitution is all off screen. In fact, almost all sex is focused on MC or women getting their lesbian on. Riona is a side girl that can be completely ignored romantically and sexually (that is a crime but it can be done). Zoey can't be ignored and DPC is actively trying to get you to like her so she can be inserted into a love triangle. Thus she cannot be shown to be a whore in Interlude. That is the point you are missing.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
A very strange ending. Apparently, simultaneous relationships with Jade and Sage are canon. There's no point going on the Sage route if you're not fucking Jade. Pink literally forces us to quarrel with Sage even if we were good guys.
By the end of episode 8, it was already clear. Pink has canonical paths that are the most logical and side paths of the players, in which there are a lot of plot blunders. The whole choice is essentially illusory. To enjoy the game we have to play as Pink wants.
The problem is that DPC has many such moments. There are canonical moments that are logically explained and there is a choice of players that looks strained. This is an illusion of choice. I wouldn't be surprised that even if we didn't make a sex video with Jade, it will turn out that Burke has this video, but with another student, for example. This is logical. DPC is easier to develop this way. He wouldn't do 10 separate branches when he could do two or three.
I just ran a total platonic run where the mc avoids relationships with everyone. So he turns down M&J, turns down Jill & Bella, Turns down Sage, and avoids Jade's flirtations. Then imported that into the Interlude and Sage is still banging on the door. Maybe she just really needs to take a shit... :unsure:

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
I'm a bit confused about how this all works. I know there's 8 episodes, so can you only pursue one girl for each of the episodes?
You can pursue any number of girls per playthrough up to a certain point, but there are mutually exclusive scenes so most people play through the game multiple times while focusing on a certain number of girls. In terms of pursuing girls there are 5 main love interests and a number of side ones that are mostly there for fun.

Someone posted a huge save game file for each episode and labelled each of them as going down 'girl name' route. How does that work and what does that mean?
Save files are for people too lazy to play the game themselves, who wanna start from a certain point (in this case the end of Episode 8), or who just wanna automatically unlock everything. If you are going into this and wanna actually experience the game you don't need to download save files.

I'm still sad that DPC had to change how saves work. I mean it was already working, right? :'(
Did he change how they worked? I figured the transfer feature is just to bring it between versions, with the version split because the game was too fucking big.

mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
Well, even before playing it i knew i'd give her a go, now i'm sure the others path is reserved for her (hell, maybe i'll even cheat on someone with her haha). Nothing wrong with the girl and no reason to hate her, but she's in for a shock in some of MCs drama filled paths.
She looks wild but isn't, while MC has gone full man slut in the mean time haha.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes