AM97

Oct 9, 2017
The Notebok was masterfully done. And Zoey seems like a fun gal.

I can get that this is not what people expected to get. But to hate on it ????? Wtf ??? The introduction to Zoey is great, I actually care about her and like people said she's extremely relatable.
Also the writing is good, the renders are good the charachter building we get is good.
And to the people saying the minigame is simple. What's your problem ? The minigame in the last seasons was literally a connect the dots. Why the fuck would you want a hard quicktime minigame?

Thanks DrPinkCake for this little story and can't wait for season 3

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I still think the pain is up to the players discretion to deal out as MC said. "Was it love, I don't think so." Meaning at the time of conversation he doesn't know if it was or wasn't.
But as we see from interlude she seems not to love him either. Unless the home blindness of course meant she was taking MC for granted for being there for her all this time and now she realizes she does love him etc. And the home blindness is why it was so easy to see him as a friend she had sex with.

The her moving on with another boyfriend also probably pushed him to think nothing was there as well.
Yeah, that's the rub. There was no other boyfriend, but he thought so because of the indiscreet post by Zoey's jealous friend and the shitty advice given by her boss to cut off contact with him. We know MC saw the post because the topless photo was burned in his mind when he was talking about it with Bella. It is easy to think that your love was just a mirage when someone else does something to make you think it was never real. Before the update, I told people that I suspected that Zoey's version of events was going to differ greatly from the MC's perspective and I wasn't disappointed In this regard. But even though she didn't move on, this helped him to do so first by opening his heart to Josy and then pursuing other relationships. Home blindness or no, Zoey is bound to find out soon why they say you can't go home again. She may be in the same place, but the ground moved out from under her. I've grown fond of her in a very short time and It is going to be hard to see her cry.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Not interested in playing a female avatar, or this character. It was annoying in Witcher 3 and Ciri was a much more interesting character, not interested in repeating the process.

I'll pass, maybe pick up the game later on if I can skip this bit and if the story doesn't go off the rails with the re-introduction of the long lost love.

*sigh* even with throwing a kitchen sink's worth of girls at the MC I somehow knew the dev couldn't resist the urge to soap-opera this story even more.

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Have you got multiple accounts? I swear I got into an argument with someone just like you in another thread, they even used the same "healthy sex life!" woke bullshit line. I'm not even sure why you felt the need to white-knight and pick up on the piece of throwaway "dialogue" I included to summarize what she was (probably) doing, but you need to get off your fucking horse.

As for your post, to be clear, I don't give a fuck. Let them fuck whoever in the past, but when the MC is in the story if they're fucking another guy and they're a potential target it's NTR and that shit can fucking burn.
Imagine being insecure about an imaginary person.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Not interested in playing a female avatar, or this character. It was annoying in Witcher 3 and Ciri was a much more interesting character, not interested in repeating the process.

I'll pass, maybe pick up the game later on if I can skip this bit and if the story doesn't go off the rails with the re-introduction of the long lost love.

*sigh* even with throwing a kitchen sink's worth of girls at the MC I somehow knew the dev couldn't resist the urge to soap-opera this story even more.
:KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: AssMan14 and sixart

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
can't import save data season 2 to season 3. very sad. I think I have to re-download season 2. Does anyone have save data for season 2? I play using emu joiplay
I did load my latest save in Episode 2 and saved it again. That worked for me to import it into the prelude then.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 3rop

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Someone once told me that if you are going to be saying all the time, for example, that you are not going to like a movie and you are going to be like that all the time for months and when you see it you keep saying the same thing over and over again, do not expect otherwise to what you have always looked for

Reactions: Ostap Bender

Gotlieb029

Jul 5, 2018
Ok. Call me a dumb. I surely desserve it.
But... Where's the link to download this interlude ? I can see only links to 8.2.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
The conclusion is what Zoey and the MC were to each other. Maybe will be again.
That ship has sailed my friend... if you are a Zoey zealot ( how could anyone be ??? she only got introduced now... ) you do it deliberately but if you played the game you most certainly found someone by the time you reached EP 8 endings that you like... and would love to see where it goes with her... NOW putting Zoya back in the picture is a shameless stirring on the shit pot :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Someone once told me that if you are going to be saying all the time, for example, that you are not going to like a movie and you are going to be like that all the time for months and when you see it you keep saying the same thing over and over again, do not expect otherwise to what you have always looked for
That's not 100% true. I didn't think I was going to like GOTG and Ant-Man. I was actually expecting them both to be garbage. I ended up liking both.

• Haha
Reactions: AchedCroissant

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The quality of the interlude is good, but the timing is not. Even if we believe DPC when he said that Zoey's story is integral, it only means that the storytelling is poor because we've had 2 seasons for 2+ years where Zoey simply doesn't exist. If we really need an interlude for whatever reason, IMO it'd make more sense to make it about the existing girls instead of introducing a new character. There are definitely some girls that could use more character background story.
Interlude:

"The definition of an interlude is a pause in something, such as a play, or is an intervening period of time in between two other things. A break in between your morning and afternoon work is an example of an interlude. An intermission between two acts of a play is an example of an interlude."

This "Interlude" comes at the midpoint of the game (DPC has said we're about half way through the game), so timing wise, as an Interlude, it comes at the exact right time.

An "Interlude" about the characters that have already been driving the game so far wouldn't be an interlude at all, it'd just be more of the same.

Was it enjoyable? It was fun. Did we need it? Possibly not, the same could have been relayed in significantly less time.

The big question is, did DPC need it? I'd say he probably did. He's been churning out BaDIK now, at breakneck speed, working long hours on the game with hardly any time off, for more than three years. Maybe he needed a change of scenery so to speak. Give the man his due.

My only real criticism of the Zoey story is it hasn't raised any new questions.

It's the unanswered questions that fuel the fan base, and this Interlude simply opened and closed a book on Zoey's recent past. But at the end of the Interlude, the only things people are wondering is what is up with Sage, and who are the Vixens (those two questions have stolen Zoey's thunder) . :unsure:

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
ok this is a kind of a joke you play a female cheracter that is very open mindet and adventoures and she never has sex and acts like a none ?? I actually dont understand how the dev can put so much effort in drawings and the notebook and the music that he choose and trys everything to make a relistic game but than goes for the generic harem game why so much hassel if he goes for generic harem game I actually wawnt to understand this guy???

varage

Jun 26, 2019
I find it strange that he used Life is Strange as an inspiration. I always thought that he took ideas from Bully, to be honest, but maybe it's from both.

Overall though, without going too much into spoilers - Interlude was better than I expected it to be. Zoey was well-written and defined, her motives were clear and we found out there were reasons behind each of her actions (unlike some other characters written in the story, which make you scratch your head).

But most importantly, Zoey was relatable, at least to me as a person, unlike other characters in the game like Jill, Bella, Rusty, Sage, Quinn or Chad.

We all have dreams and ideas and you have to be very brave to leave everything behind to chase them. Her Nana storyline is beautifully written and at the same time, it's heart-wrenching, it's emotional. I've already said it in an another thread, it's probably the first time I got so emotionally invested in a VN and it seems that DPC has kicked his writing up multiple notches (or maybe it's because the episode is smaller in size and he isn't as rushed as to get things done in time so he can outdo himself once again).

The part where we define Zoey's character is questionable, since she really isn't the MC, so we'll see the outcome of it in the next episode probably. I'm assuming it's going to be something related if she'll be a DIK or a CHICK character depending on our choices.

But overall it's been a very very good update, even though I was very sceptical of it at first. I'd even go as far as to say that its probably in the top 2 updates of the game in terms of storytelling.

But the worst thing is having to wait for the actual episode 9 again. I'm hopeful we'll get it sometime in July or August, since with the Interlude out of the way, it's going to be a smaller update, but my gut tells me that it will probably be a late-September or early-October release.
Something i wondered about the interlude. Is MC always a chick? I loaded in a neutral play through and the MC was always put down by Zoey for being girly does that change if you're a dik play through? You know song about two bowling balls next to the national monument.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes