JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
Oh, and we learn that the MC somehow invented Zoey's "boyfriend" by badly misinterpreting a cluck that was only online for a couple hours. What a maroon.
Not sure I would call presuming some dude she fucked was her boyfriend as 'badly misinterpreting a cluck'. Its not like he saw it broke up with her and refused to let her explain. She moved away, started talking to him less and less and then he saw a tweet implying she had a boyfriend now. The way he recites it to Bella comes off as that's just what happened with her life instead of the lynchpin in why he never saw her again.

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
Season 2 save files will not work in season 3. It will cause errors. You either need to save the season 2 saves into the binary when prompted at the end of Episode 8 then import them into the Interlude. Or use season 3 saves specifically.
ok can you share your season 3 save at the beginning

RagnarUCj

Apr 8, 2018
Yo guys, are there any torrent links for s1 and s2? Trying to download those via browser is a pain in the ass

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think that it is established that Zoey drops out and leaves during the school year before the summer that he met Zoey. She has already turned 19 and only has one class left before graduation. I'm not sure, but it might be that Zoey isn't in the same class as MC but rather the year ahead of him which would explain the incongruity. If this isn't true, maybe she was held back a year at some point. What we do know is that she went no contact for six months before that summer, so she would have left fairly early in the school year.
(I actually replayed the scene with Bella to just recap what happened.)

So IMO the following happened:
The MC saw the naked photo that was uploaded by Emma and her nasty comments about fucking her ex.
So the MC naturally assumed that Zoey is in a relationship now with the said ex.

I do not think that Zoey sent them to MC directly. Since Zoey tried to reduce her contact with MC after talking to 'Brian'? (the tattoo guy). It does not make sense that she would sent it to him especially given the negativity of that specific picture. Also the MC deduced from that picture that Zoey was in a relationship, so that only makes sense when taking the Rooster post into account.

Zoey left while the MC was still in High School, before meeting Josy. Zoey dropped out of HS without graduating, while the MC was still in school. He met Josy during the following summer vacation while working in the shop after graduating High school and before going to Uni.

Basically while MC was writing his 'mid term?' Uni exams, Zoey wrote and graduated from HS via correspondence course.
it is likely that Zoey is older than MC, she herself refers to flunking out.
but if MC and Zoey had dated in the penultimate year of school for MC, he would have been underage and it seemed that just to avoid this "problem" there was a small retcon in the story of their goodbye

from the interlude Zoey seems to have left in the middle of summer, well before school started (so she would have all the time she needed to learn how to surf), now MC has been in college for at least a couple of months, it should be the middle of October at least, so they haven't actually seen each other for more than a year and haven't heard from each other for 6 months, ok?

it seems to me that to keep it all in you have to keep a very elastic timeline....

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
If the "Others" path were instead called something like the "Being A DIK" path to represent the fact that the MC would be acting like he has for the first part of the game by banging every piece of tail in sight, I might have more hope that it would be a full and unique narrative experience like all the LI paths will be. But while my hopes are the same as yours, I feel that's just too much work. How can you include, for example, some interesting moral scenario like you describe with breaking up Josy and Maya, while also resolving Quinn's story, and Nicole's story, and Lily's story, and so forth? How can you squish all of the "Others" girls into one path and resolve them all without making the Others path 10x longer than any other LI path? It's a problem I still haven't figured out, and a problem I hope DPC has, but my current hopes for the Others path is for some nice Quinn scenes and I'll take what I can get.
Defeatist of me perhaps, but i think what someone has said about this big crossroads choice ultimately revealing itself to be a fakeout will likely prove to be true. I find it hard to believe all those new girls will be there for the taking solely on the 'others' path, and moreover i'd be quite surprised if there wasn't some overlapping still between the main ones.

Kind of like how in the E4 (S1) we had minimal contact with some of the LIs based on our choice in E3, yet by S2 everything was basically reset and, say, anyone going with Sage had virtually the same content available for Bella as someone who'd instead gone for her.

Plus, i'll be honest, before reading around here i genuinely thought S3 would be the final season, and based on the in-game presentation and build-up to the big choice that it'd adopt a much narrower focus than the previous ones, but now i'm left to lowkey wonder what the hell we'll be doing in this season as opposed to the last one, especially in relation to the LIs.

Maybe S4 will be alengthy epilogue of sorts, which would be cool in its own right. Only thing i can think of.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
In closing: Zoey is fully formed. She is compelling, and ladies and gentlemen, we thought the game was over, but what we have here is a brand new ballgame!
I thought the game was halfway even before this interlude. And yeah Zoey will be a factor of importance in the rest of the game but i don't see a certain role of LI for her, just an optional one. I'm sure we will be able to decide to pursue her or not and it's not unlikely a "Dik" Zoey will be aggressive in her attempts to win back MC, delivering some drama for MC with any (chosen) LI.
But it's clear whatever their relationship was, it isn't that anymore. Zoey is not the Zoey that left and MC is not the MC that watched her leave/let her go. There is a whole new ballgame, but that will be just a matter of reconnecting as friends first before we can even go for being lovers again. Their relation needs to be redefined, no matter what choices you made for MC.

Reactions: ename144 and D2M3

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I also give my 2 cents on the question of the contrast between the "crossroad" and the return of Zoey

as a situation it is realistic that the return of an ex (Zoey is an ex not a friend, maybe she will become one, but for now she is fully and solely an ex) will challenge the relationships in which MC would have officially dedicated himself.

it's not MC's fault, it's fate's fault. without Zoey Mc was convinced of his choice, with her return having doubts is legitimate.

the problem is that this backtrack (which will be there, it will not be optional), for how the events have been constructed, in some cases becomes really cruel, especially towards the two LIs for which there is a real statement (Bella and Jill), MC makes us a really bad figure to back off

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Zoey is about 1 1/2 years older than he MC.

MC will be 19 years old while he is at B&R. Emma's Rooster Cluck was 6 months ago. So MC was 18 1/2 years old at that time. Zoey's birthday was at this time and she turned 20. Age clarified.

Zoey had to repeat a course in high school because she failed trigonometry. The MC even says so in the Interlude.

That's probably why Zoey had to do detention, and that's how she met the MC. The MC was 15 at the time, maybe 15 1/2, which would mean Zoey was 16 1/2 or already 17. Zoey taught the MC to smoke, so I assume Zoey was already 17 at the time of detention.

Since Zoey failed trigonometry and had to repeat, it could be that Zoey and the MC took the same trigonometry class.

It is interesting that Zoey's old friends from high school have graduated and may already be studying when the MC goes to B&R. Zoey's old friends are probably all around 20 years old.

Some have already compared Zoey to Quinn in terms of personality, and you can agree with that when you look at Zoey from detention, where the MC meets her. Zoey from Interlude has spent more time with the MC, and if there's one thing we know about the MC, it's that it can influence people in a positive way.
no one gets put in detention for flunking out....

the reconstruction of the ages seems correct to me, but this leaves the problem of sex between minors...

I also think that the choices we made during the interlude will definitely "shape" his personality.
since it is possible to skip the interlude I would say no

Zoey will have a fixed character, or at least there is a "canon character" for those who skip the flashback

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
ah I forgot: ename144 , you have been overly optimistic, other than shy boyfriend, better no boyfriend!!! you never know how people are sensitive ... :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, bit of a rookie mistake on my part. (To be fair to DPC, the MC does specifically say he "saw" Zoey got a new boyfriend in his narration.)

I'll never doubt DPC's commitment to avoiding NTR again! Though I am now fascinated to see how he handles the vixens.

the interlude left me with two doubts:
When Mc talks to Bella about Zoey we see the photos that Emma took of her, this makes me think that MC has seen them, but did he see Emma's post or at a later time did Zoey shoot them to him directly? the first hypothesis would explain why Mc thinks she is in a relationship...

the second doubt is about the timing: when does Zoey leave? the summer before MC meets Josy? but didn't this create that problem with the age?
We know he must have seen Emma's cluck since there's no other way he could have thought Zoey had a boyfriend. It's possible Zoey had a copy of the pictures herself (they were supposedly something for Zoey to reminisce on when she got old), in which case she might have sent the first one (with her top on) to the MC herself. That would explain why the MC 'saw' it in his narration to Bella even though Emma only posted the topless pic.

As for the timing, I suspect that's being kept intentionally vague to avoid the age issue. She likely left during the school year, so somewhere in the October to May range one year before the present. The MC said he hadn't got a message from her in six months, and that was during the second week of classes. So his last contact with her was in ~February. But in the Interlude Zoey explicitly says she stopped writing Evan daily after the first few months, and then at least a couple more weeks passed before their final message. That moves us back to the November range at the latest.

So I'd say she left somewhere between October and November of the previous year. Of course, this makes her flashback sex scenes with the MC highly suspect, but we'll just shove that quietly under the rug. (That, or her total relationship with the MC was even shorter than his whirlwind romances with the main girls!)

I think that it is established that Zoey drops out and leaves during the school year before the summer that he met Zoey. She has already turned 19 and only has one class left before graduation. I'm not sure, but it might be that Zoey isn't in the same class as MC but rather the year ahead of him which would explain the incongruity. If this isn't true, maybe she was held back a year at some point. What we do know is that she went no contact for six months before that summer, so she would have left fairly early in the school year.
More likely Zoey got held back, I'd say. I suppose it's also possible she was no longer 'in' school and would have completed her trig class at home in much the same way she did in San Diego.

MC will be 19 years old while he is at B&R. Emma's Rooster Cluck was 6 months ago. So MC was 18 1/2 years old at that time. Zoey's birthday was at this time and she turned 20. Age clarified.
We don't *know* that the cluck was 6 months ago; it could have been even longer if it came after the MC and Zoey stopped messaging. I think it's likely that was what finally prevented the MC from reaching out further, but we can't be absolutely certain of that.

Either way, however, it really makes me wonder why Zoey didn't contact the MC in the next six months once she realized how much she missed him. She conveniently waited until he had a new phone with its retconned new phone number. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
I have mixed feelings about this interlude. It was overall ok, and while I appreciated the first part, the development of the second half felt too juvenile to me, and kind of broke my suspension of disbelief.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Her only friend in High School was the MC. That doesn't sound like a party girl who would have an easy time making lots of new friends. She lucked into a group of friends, spent all her time surfing, at the tattoo parlour and studying once surf season ended and still had feelings for the MC. Calm down.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah, bit of a rookie mistake on my part. (To be fair to DPC, the MC does specifically say he "saw" Zoey got a new boyfriend in his narration.)

I'll never doubt DPC's commitment to avoiding NTR again! Though I am now fascinated to see how he handles the vixens.

We know he must have seen Emma's cluck since there's no other way he could have thought Zoey had a boyfriend. It's possible Zoey had a copy of the pictures herself (they were supposedly something for Zoey to reminisce on when she got old), in which case she might have sent the first one (with her top on) to the MC herself. That would explain why the MC 'saw' it in his narration to Bella even though Emma only posted the topless pic.

As for the timing, I suspect that's being kept intentionally vague to avoid the age issue. She likely left during the school year, so somewhere in the October to May range one year before the present. The MC said he hadn't got a message from her in six months, and that was during the second week of classes. So his last contact with her was in ~February. But in the Interlude Zoey explicitly says she stopped writing Evan daily after the first few months, and then at least a couple more weeks passed before their final message. That moves us back to the November range at the latest.

So I'd say she left somewhere between October and November of the previous year. Of course, this makes her flashback sex scenes with the MC highly suspect, but we'll just shove that quietly under the rug. (That, or her total relationship with the MC was even shorter than his whirlwind romances with the main girls!)

More likely Zoey got help back, I'd say. I suppose it's also possible she was no longer 'in' school and would have completed her trig class at home in much the same way she did in San Diego.

We don't *know* that the cluck was 6 months ago; it could have been even longer if it came after the MC and Zoey stopped messaging. I think it's likely that was what finally prevented the MC from reaching out further, but we can't be absolutely certain of that.

Either way, however, it really makes me wonder why Zoey didn't contact the MC in the next six months once she realized how much she missed him. She conveniently waited until he had a new phone with its retconned new phone number. :rolleyes:
I like the misunderstanding about Emma's post, because it kind of gives the idea of an MC spying on what Zoey is doing anyway and giving up when he sees she's moved on, it's sad but realistic.

absolutely could also be that Zoey actually had him a boyfriend (not Bret), in the end she was in San Diego for a very long time and that she was all the time "alone" is as realistic as Sage waiting months and months is....

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
No.

Although I find it interesting that, Zoey was pretty, before the ruinous ink jobs.

View attachment 1691849
Yeah. I've dated girls with ink before, even lots of it. But chest tattoos are an absolute deal breaker for me.

Ems looked disgusting. She literally had tattoos AROUND her breasts. Zoey isn't much better, post interlude.

She could have been perfectly cute with a sleeve and those wings on her should blades.

Reactions: Siphon and endriux

StupidRabbit

Dec 30, 2018
I have played this entire game about 4 times, and only now I have discovered the minigames, because I always left them disabled. If you are one of the few who is playing this game now, play it at least two, once with and once without the minigames. Sure, the English and math minigames are a little boring, but the mansion minigame is worth it. Simple but cool.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes