sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I'm not sure what that means. So absolutely.
Because your fuckbuddy from the past resurfaced you throw away all the things you built up in the meantime ? :KEK: There are some that might do that but as it seems you ( or me ) aren't one of those types... and a little sob story from Zoeys side won't change on that a thing :p Neither will this rooster mix up / revenge BS...

Reactions: ename144

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
Because your fuckbuddy from the past resurfaced you throw away all the things you built up in the meantime ? :KEK: There are some that might do that but as it seems you ( or me ) aren't one of those types... and a little sob story from Zoeys side won't change on that a thing :p Neither will this rooster mix up / revenge BS...
Ah, gotcha.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ostap Bender

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Ah, gotcha.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you have this impression from the sig I assure you it was a random choice... I don't " stan " anyone in particular but if I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO... I think I would go with Quinn too ( no reasoning behind the choice ! ;) )

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
In theory, sure. In practice, fuck that. If it was real life, be my guest and care more about some childhood friend who dipped out than for some newly forged thing.

Since it's an interactive story, and the MC's supposed to be my link to it, and Sage or Jill or Bella or Quinn i've seen grown closer to the MC, and "show don't tell", and fifty other storytelling things, shit like that is only bound to create a dissonance between the player and the character. 'Their' character, to be precise, which speaking personally would be enough to turn me off content even if it were decent enough by itself, because of the sensation it's being forced on me.

Plus, not to go off on a bit of a tangent, i dare say this interlude didn't land for a lot of people not because it told Zoey's backstory in San Diego, but because it rushed to it. It spent too little time setting up her relationship with the MC and a disproportionate amount of it tearing it down, especially considering no prior work was put into setting any of that up.

Which ultimately left those of us not too interested in filling the voids, or indeed not too willing to give Zoey herself a chance ('cause she hot or DCP big brain), with 5 to 10 minutes of one character we care about getting treated like shit (MC), a whole lot of superfluous, and no reason to care about the 'childhood friend' who did that, or even think of their relationship as anything more than convenient fuckbuddies.
I think you are confusing 2 things, I said it twice that there is no doubt that it will be the players choice if you want to forgive Zoey or not. So if you feel like you just stated, then dont.

The other thing is the story as DPC told it up to this point. Wether you feel the pacing is off or beeing forced is your call, I personally didnt like the whole interlude either, but it's pretty damn obvious how DPC views Zoeys role.

And I really have no idea how you get the "treated like shit" part from. Maybe its due to your dislike of the whole Zoey introduction in general, but what I read was "my very best friend in the whole world." At the very worst you can 'blame her' for unrequited love. She did ask him to join her, and offered to pay for him, and the fact that it took a break for her to realise that she is in fact in love with the MC is not unheard of either.

She lost her grandma, who she was incredibly close too and as many before her, ran away. That doesnt make her the devil or a saint, just a human being in crises, not knowing how to deal.

So if you wanna stick with your LI and tell Zoey to go fuck herself, I'm pretty sure you will be able to. The fact that cannon MC loved her with all his heart is just the 'story so far', what you make of it will be your call ... at least I cant see it going any other way than players choice.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
I think you are confusing 2 things, I said it twice that there is no doubt that it will be the players choice if you want to forgive Zoey or not. So if you feel like you just stated, then dont.

The other thing is the story as DPC told it up to this point. Wether you feel the pacing is off or beeing forced is your call, I personally didnt like the whole interlude either, but it's pretty damn obvious how DPC views Zoeys role.

And I really have no idea how you get the "treated like shit" part from. Maybe its due to your dislike of the whole Zoey introduction in general, but what I read was "my very best friend in the whole world." At the very worst you can 'blame her' for unrequited love. She did ask him to join her, and offered to pay for him, and the fact that it took a break for her to realise that she is in fact in love with the MC is not unheard of either.

She lost her grandma, who she was incredibly close too and as many before her, ran away. That doesnt make her the devil or a saint, just a human being in crises, not knowing how to deal.

So if you wanna stick with your LI and tell Zoey to go fuck herself, I'm pretty sure you will be able to. The fact that cannon MC loved her with all his heart is just the 'story so far', what you make of it will be your call ... at least I cant see it going any other way than players choice.
I quoted that bit because i was more replying to that part of your post. I of course also read the rest, your theory on what will happen et all, but i should have made that obvious. Sorry about that, and may you be right.

As for ded grandma, again it's a story and not real life, so for me that fell as flat as the childhood friends bit. To not reinstate what i already did, i believe expecting readers to care about some old fictional woman - whom they've only ever seen in a 1 minute flashback - because she died, and was old, and some newly introduced character cared about her... is a lot.

Like, she's not a character but a motive. And at that, a motive for a character i don't care about to do something i don't agree with, that furthermore only ended up hurting the one character in the interlude that i do care for.

I didn't buy any of that shit, to be brief, so while intellectualy i see what DCP was aiming for, emotionally i was just not invested in anything from beginning to the end (but maybe the MC's reaction).

Which is why, again, in my opinion this whole thing would have worked much better if Zoey had been a part of the story from the start. If i'd cared about her beforehand - say because she'd occupied Josy's role in the prologue, or because she'd kept in contact with the MC throughout those two seasons (thus making their fallout a thing we'd seen, rather than one we were off-handedly told about during some drunken ramblings) - then by proxy i would have at least given half a shit about her grandma, her own side of the story, and what she got up to.

I was just asked to care, so i just don't.

Last edited:

POVREVIEW

May 14, 2018
The real explanation is that the game has no [pregnancy] tag.
If this game had normal RL pregnancy then 90% of the girls there would already be pregnant, or on the pill, even before MC arrives.
I would normally agree but in recent years games have changed from FAPS style to SIMS and this game i reckon had at least seaosn 3 and 4 left in it. tbh
I use ScappyMod, no problems loading into the interlude, but then again i didn't use any cheat options... ;)
if you edit the options at the end just before he has to make a girls selection it changed it back to normal

Or just have 7 saves like me and edit who u want lol

Reactions: vogelbeest

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Plus, not to go off on a bit of a tangent, i dare say this interlude didn't land for a lot of people not because it told Zoey's backstory in San Diego, but because it rushed to it. It spent too little time setting up her relationship with the MC and a disproportionate amount of it tearing it down, especially considering no prior work was put into setting any of that up.

Which ultimately left those of us not too interested in filling the voids, or indeed not too willing to give Zoey herself a chance ('cause she hot or DCP big brain), with 5 to 10 minutes of one character we care about getting treated like shit (MC), a whole lot of superfluous, and no reason to care about the 'childhood friend' who did that, or even think of their relationship as anything more than convenient fuckbuddies.
To add to what you said, part of it for me was the "...little time setting up her relationship with the MC and a disproportionate amount of it tearing it down" that you mention - THEN her deciding "fuck this, I want him back" and throwing her into the middle of the life he's built now. Pointless, pointless, pointless.......unless the point is to create a bunch more drama, in a game that has more drama than 10 other games on this site combined.

Zoey's not a "shoot her in the head" level by any means, but more of a "Great to see you, I moved on after you bailed, bye-bye!" for me

Just my feelings.

IcemanVincy85

Nov 14, 2020
I don't wanna bring up personal examples but this is what happens when you don't get neglected and are actually happy ( or let's just stick with... your world has improved since... :p ;) )
The model used is improved a lot from the hair and face with time, just that...but the Sage model in the first episode was not that great...anyway I always find her interesting. And my DIK path is focus on her mostly, I have my path for the others HOT as well. But I don't know how much we can enjoy or if it's possible to have a Quinn path? A Lily path? Camila path? Riona Path?Sarah? Melanie? Maybe i just wasting time for them...but who knows?For the Hot the only one remaining is Arieth lmao...

Elena and Heather are more kind with the MC but i don't think they will be on the Others path...Tommy cheat on Heather often but John Boy is a friend and they are a great couple. I don't want to ruin their happiness, well if there is a chance i could do another save maybe. Just for the 100% of scene and rewards :sneaky::sneaky:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
A lot of people seem to be convinced that the MC and/or Zoey are in love. I remain unconvinced. That they miss each other deeply is beyond debate, but missing someone and being in love with them is not the same thing. The difference is that Tremolo has taken the opportunity to explore his feelings for other people (even in playthroughs without sex) and Zoey has not. This also doesn't mean that Zoey loves him more. Some people are just more social than others and have higher sex drives. All this isn't to say that Zoey and MC wouldn't make a good couple. A strong friendship such as the one they share is a better basis for a relationship than the infatuation he has with the main love interests. But the fact is that they both had ample time to define their relationship if either of them wanted more than friendship with some fun.

I'm not sure where the relationship is headed, but I would bet the farm that as much as she misses MC Zoey is still intending to come back only as his friend. Maybe work around the campus and live life as a townie. But when she sees him with the other girls this is going to change things for her. I see Zoey and their relationship as a slow burn story that is going to have some serious ups and downs. She might even get a love interest of her own if DPC is in the mood for a revolt and doesn't mind teasing a romantic foil in the vein of Tybalt (but maybe an actual nice guy this time). But if she just shows up intending to vomit her feelings and take her place as main love interest number 6 ... nah. That isn't going to serve the story in any meaningful way. So the TL;DR is that I am bracing myself for some serious Zoey blue balling. She's Julia Roberts in "My Best Friends Wedding" and if she does get MC it is probably going to be in the final scene.

I love Zoey, but I don't think Tremolo does. Not yet anyway.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I quoted that bit because i was more replying to that part of your post. I of course also read the rest, your theory on what will happen et all, but i should have made that obvious. Sorry about that, and may you be right.

As for ded grandma, again it's a story and not real life, so for me that fell as flat as the childhood friends bit. To not reinstate what i already did, i believe expecting readers to care about some old fictional woman - whom they've only ever seen in a 1 minute flashback - because she died, and was old, and some newly introduced character cared about her... is a lot.

Like, she's not a character but a motive. And at that, a motive for a character i don't care about to do something i don't agree with, that furthermore only ended up hurting the one character in the interlude that i do care for.

I didn't buy any of that shit, to be brief, so while intellectualy i see what DCP was aiming for, emotionally i was just not invested in anything from beginning to the end (but maybe the MC's reaction).

Which is why, again, in my opinion this whole thing would have worked much better if Zoey had been a part of the story from the start. If i'd cared about her beforehand - say because she'd occupied Josy's role in the prologue, or because she'd kept in contact with the MC throughout those two seasons (thus making their fallout a thing we'd seen, rather than one we were off-handedly told about during some drunken ramblings) - then by proxy i would have at least given half a shit about her grandma, her own side of the story, and what she got up to.

I was just asked to care, so i just don't.
I hear you and I understand where you are coming from, it wasnt that far off how I felt about the interlude, I mean you can read it about 8000 replies back.

But ALL of them are story and not real life, every single one of them fills a specific role that DPC wanted filled, Zoey is not different, just consistent with the rest.

The only thing that matters in the end is choice, I would be super pissed and disappointed if we couldnt X or move Zoey to the friendzone for good in episode 9. Obviously those that remained undecided after Ep08 should have the option to either date her or fuck and forget, but choice should drive the story forward, not predetermination and I think we agree on that.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Quinn path? A Lily path? Camila path? Riona Path?Sarah? Melanie?
To put it simply... OTHERS... It does not hurt if you are on good terms with them so do a targeted run for each of them but so far they are not " scored " so all of them belong to the future AKA others path... where it will separate only DPC knows so create saves for those occasions so simple as that ! ;) :LOL:
I love Zoey, but I don't think Tremolo does. Not yet anyway.
And what would change with time ? Fuckface levels up in being a manwhore or what ? :ROFLMAO:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
To put it simply... OTHERS... It does not hurt if you are on good terms with them so do a targeted run for each of them but so far they are not " scored " so all of them belong to the future AKA others path... where it will separate only DPC knows so create saves for those occasions so simple as that ! ;) :LOL:

And what would change with time ? Fuckface levels up in being a manwhore or what ? :ROFLMAO:
What would change in time? Any number of things. That's what time does, after all.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes