ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I still don't see a character flaw in that, sometimes you decide not to pursue somebody anymore, in Jill's case it might have been the fact she tried to do a nice thing and it didn't work out.... So end of story for her, it's her right to decide to pursue anyone or not... The MC can make his choices too.... Stop the train of thought Jill has to follow a protocol to be available at all time... It's the players that say Jill blames us for taking care of Sage, that stupid rich girl has to wait till i decide...

Even if you did everything right, Jill will tell the MC she was always thinking of him but she still doesn't know if that's the same for him.... And be fair.... MC has probably been fooling around with all LI's and perhaps even basicly half the female population of the campus....
She most likely had a very good reason to drop the idea of getting together with MC...
And yet in the end it doesn't matter who the MC is sticking his dick in, Jill can evidently roll with his promiscuity. But if a straight CHICK MC who has had eyes only for Jill feels he must prioritize helping Sage ahead of getting into Jill's pants, that one "mistake" ends all of Jill's feelings for him, period (at least through Season 2). This doesn't strike you as concerning?

You say it's only the players who feel Jill blames us for taking care of Sage, but I feel that's precisely what the game shows us. Consider a hypothetical situation in which the MC had been in class when Jill came calling for the picnic and so she was never even able to ask him. Do you really think she would neither have shown nor reciprocated interest in him again?

I don't. I think she would have considered that one more obstacle that her storybook romance was destined to overcome. She'd have kept trying asking him over and over again... right up to the point that the MC himself said no. When that happens - when he doesn't synch up with her fantasy view of courtship - that's when Jill would start looking for any and every excuse to call the whole thing off. :(

I've never felt that Jill needs to conform to our whims. If she'd rejected the MC for sleeping around, or for doing drugs, or even for something like fighting Caleb, I probably wouldn't object. I'm even willing to go along with her rejecting DIKs, despite the Affinity system being a hot mess. But when she chooses to make a scarlet letter out of tending to Sage? Well, it's her prerogative, but I'm certainly going to judge her priorities accordingly.

Or, as I said, ignore this sequence and hope it never comes up again because I much prefer an interpretation of Jill that isn't hopelessly naive.

No idea if this helps you are not, but think of it as DPC having finite time to put ressources into the game. So when he writes it and determines wether there is a choice or not, it may simply be for reasons that the time allocated for a certain episode just doesnt allow for it. We also have to consider that we are halfway into the story, maybe the Quinn vs MC confrontation is a big part in a future season and it just didnt fit earlier.

Season 1 & 2 if you just look at the bare bones of it is the MC getting popular with all the girls, now imagine a huge conflict between the MC and Quinn right of the bat. Sarah, Melanie, Rio, Camila scenes would disappear because he wouldnt be the chill, easy to talk too MC anymore, he would threaten their buisness. Then their is Sage and the other HOTs, with the MC beeing new and all, I have no idea how they would react.

In the end DPC drives the bus and we're all in the backseats, we can bitch and moan and point out flaws and discuss cool or in our opinion better options, but certain things are harder to understand when you only have 50% of the story. So my advise would be to enjoy the parts you like and discuss improvements you would like to see here with us, but in a somewhat respectfull manner. I failed at that too sometimes, especially after the interlude and that speechbubble disaster, but in the end there is a reason why we're on page 9252, because wether one likes it or not, the game makes us engage as a community of fans.
I think that explanation works fine for Season 1, but it falls apart pretty hard in Season 2 when Sage is praising the MC up and down for his support and honesty.

By Episode 8 the MC knows more than enough to realize that a) Quinn's antics are at least as dangerous to the HOTs as the jock feud is to the DIKs, and b) Sage almost certainly doesn't know what Quinn is getting up to. There's really no excuse for him to keep that information a secret unless he himself has used the restaurant.

I do my best to turn a blind eye to the problem since it would obviously derail the story DPC is trying to tell. And as you said, we should strive to keep our criticism respectful. To that end, I feel that DPC should have been more careful about what an MC who isn't using the restaurant knows. That, or he should have made Quinn a sufficiently skilled manipulator that she could plausibly cover up her vice racket even if the MC narks on her.

Last edited:

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
you are not teasing me right :( I am not motion blind, not all render are within those nice transitions (DPC did a excellent job in that aspect), which usually appear in part of conversation; other times they are discrete, I am talking about telling from still renders: if a certain part deviate from its usual resting place. hmm... sounds a bit insulting to Bella :HideThePain: but I've always loved Bella's expressions :love:
Me? Teasing you? :rolleyes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Catlyn and sixart

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
Is there any way to make it so that goddamned guitar riff doesn't play when you boot up the game and the DrPinkCake logo appears?

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
Replaying Chapter 7 tonight, I hate how the dance music keeps blaring during the scene in the HOT party where MC and Sage hash out their feelings.

DPC should have had the dance music fade out and put in something softer and slower, like the "confess to you" music from Season of the Sakura:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Of the myriad complaints I harbor regarding the game, (no game is perfect after all) the music choices are not on that list. I recall during my initial playthrough that I found the beginning of the game very unremarkable in almost every way. Then Maya kidnapped the MC, the music of the cumpetition kicked in, and I was hooked. Not all the choices are winners, mind you, but the large majority do a lot of heavy lifting to set the mood the author seems to be going for.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Best music cue of the game is during the surprise party

Just the bros chillin and drinking beers. Perfect song for that

Topper69

May 16, 2020
It could also be that Sage knows about the restaurant and tolerates it if it is hidden and voluntary. But what Sage will not like is that Quinn puts pressure on the girls and the MC knows nothing about it.
I don't think Sage knows about the restaurant because part of it is the deal with burke her step dad. I can't think of any scenario where Sage would accept something like this given her personality.
Rather, I think that if Sage found out about this, she would blow it up in some way.

Reactions: vogelbeest

Topper69

May 16, 2020
Question, do you have to take drugs to take the quinn path??
As far as I remember to get all available Quinn content you have to:
  • accept and use the restaurant offers to the fullest
  • prefer DIK affinity
  • smoke weed at the rooftop
  • be on Sage path.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I think that explanation works fine for Season 1, but it falls apart pretty hard in Season 2 when Sage is praising the MC up and down for his support and honesty.

By Episode 8 the MC knows more than enough to realize that a) Quinn's antics are at least as dangerous to the HOTs as the jock feud is to the DIKs, and b) Sage almost certainly doesn't know what Quinn is getting up to. There's really no excuse for him to keep that information a secret unless he himself has used the restaurant.

I do my best to turn a blind eye to the problem since it would obviously derail the story DPC is trying to tell. And as you said, we should strive to keep our criticism respectful. To that end, I feel that DPC should have been more careful about what an MC who isn't using the restaurant knows. That, or he should have made Quinn a sufficiently skilled manipulator that she could plausibly cover up her vice racket even if the MC narks on her.
As I understood it, the criticism of ImCursedJay was about the MC instead of just having the option to either accept or reject Quinns restaurant offer, he should have been given the option to confront Quinn.

Now if you want another option to confront Quinn later down the line ( Season 2 ), thats an entirely different matter alltogether, not unreasonable, but different.

In my opinion, DPC is saving the confrontation for Season 3, for players on the Sage path, so the MC is as involved as possible. The fallout will not only effect the MC and his relationships with the HOT girls, but it will have a huge impact on the HOTs themselves, and I dont think Season 2 was the place for it. The Josy joining, Maya not, plotline, Sage trying to help Maya plotline, Mona plotline, Quinn getting robbed plotline - they would all be moved to 3rd tier plotlines because it would be all about the HOTs imploding.

I also believe the MC needed the time to establish himself among his fellow DIK brothers, because they will be impacted too, we know JB&Elena and Tommy&Heather know about the drugs at the very least. The MC needed to have his voice heard and to matter, no matter what side on the fence he ends up on.

So would it have been possible to let that confrontation take place in Season 2 ? Sure, but I dont think it wouldve been good for the story we know so far. Im kinda looking forward for a big impact decision, as the web of connections and relationships around the MC grows bigger and tighter. I want a real BOOM, not some poof. :D

Topper69

May 16, 2020
Not necessarily. Sage might be cool with the girls voluntarily joining the restaurant to earn some money. Unless prostitution is forbidden in the BaDIK world. Then Sage would definitely object.
In my understanding it's forbidden given the college setup where even booze and parties are forbidden in public.
I don't think Stephen Burke is actively involved with the restaurant. Maybe he orders something from time to time. But then Sage would rather object because Stephen is cheating on her mother Jade.
Hmm, knowing the Mona story (free tuition) my guess is it's part of the deal. Burke stated to Jade that he had 3 college girls already (Mel, Sarah, Riona?).

Last edited:

fmaxityt

Mar 21, 2022
Hi guys, sorry for the trouble.
I just finished season 2, as for season 3 where can I find it? (the interlude)
And do you know when the final 3 will be released? Thanks!

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes