Rando121

Jan 27, 2018
This has probably been answered like 500 times by now, but I tried using search and that didn't really tell me anything and I'm not about to manually look through over 9600 pages. What the hell do I download here for the entire game? Do I just download the latest Season 3 interlude version, or do I need to download the Ep1-2 spoiler as well as the update in there?

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
This has probably been answered like 500 times by now, but I tried using search and that didn't really tell me anything and I'm not about to manually look through over 9600 pages. What the hell do I download here for the entire game? Do I just download the latest Season 3 interlude version, or do I need to download the Ep1-2 spoiler as well as the update in there?
Yes.
Season 1 - 2 -> Patch, - > play the game -> Save at the end of episode 8 -> , download Interlude -> Import your save from season 1-2 , aka the save file you saved at the end of episode 8 -> play the Interlude , save -> Wait for Episode 9 (y)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah I forgot that.

It's kinda strange that it pans out that way.

At this seemingly critical moment, where you have to choose just one relationship, I wonder why you can't choose to dump everyone regardless of the situation.

You can choose "others" over Sage or Bella, but not M&J nor Jill. Maybe it's something to do with them being on the "Chick" paths.:unsure:
I think it's an implicit acknowledgement that those two relationships are more committed than the others. With Jill, it's obvious she does *not* see the romance as a casual thing and the MC recognizes that (hence him berating himself if he's been dating other girls when looking at her picture in Episode 6). Breaking things off with her requires a better reason than wanting to sow more wild oats (insert picnic joke here). With Maya and Josy, the MC specifically asked to be part of their relationship; whatever cockamamie justification Maya might offer for letting the MC play the field, it makes sense the MC would want a solid reason to end things with them, too.

With Bella, the age (and authority) gap is large enough that the MC can always explain ending things as being 'the right move.' It would obviously hit Bella hard (as we can see), but at the same time it's something Bella has been steeling herself against the whole time (that's part of why she was so reluctant to act on the alleged attraction between them). Sage, meanwhile, has insisted on keeping things casual up to this point, so officially turning her down to avoid commitment is logical enough - aside from the whiplash it induces thanks to the blasted rebound guy discussion. :rolleyes:

Interesting that Quinn has as many images in the slide show as the main LIs, she's definitely trying to claw her way into the LI zone. She's also the only side chick to have her picture with the mc at the end of the episode during the summary:
I still say getting hung up on the label is a mistake. Quinn's importance to the story speaks for itself regardless of some technical distinction.

As of right now, the only thing in game that differentiates the LIs is that the MC can choose to start a formal (if potentially secret) relationship with them. Quinn is nowhere near ready for that yet, so of course she isn't going to be included with that group. I'm not sure we need to read anything more into her status than that. Obviously in the long run we'd like Quinn to get a proper ending, but that's still a long ways off. It's not like their official LI badge guarantee M&J a happy ending, either.

I've just started playing this, really enjoying it so far but had a question. Can I afford to take any Major DIK decisions when doing a CHICK playthrough? Will it screw me over or is it ok so long as I keep CHICK affinity? By 'screw over' I mean lock me out of some CHICK decisions later on.

Apologies if the question has been asked, I did search but couldn't find anything useful.
You'll eventually be locked into a permanent Affinity by the end of Episode 8. If you make 5 or more Major Decisions of each type you'll be stuck with permanent Neutral Affinity. So on a technical level, you can make up to 4 DIK Major Decisions 'safely.'

That said, there's a little more to it. First, when you make the decisions can matter; if you make them all at once, you could easily swing over to (temporary) DIK Affinity, which might screw you over in the short term (e.g. Jill's path has frequent checks to weed out DIKs).

Second, the Major Decisions themselves can potentially have their own consequences. Fighting the jocks in Episode 2, for example, is necessary to fight Caleb in Episode 5 regardless of your Affinity. So you should probably put some thought into how those DIK decisions might come back to haunt you even if there are only a few of them.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to what sort of playthrough you're looking for. So my advice is to not to think of it as simply a 'CHICK' playthrough, but to pick some overall goals and 'style' for the MC, then keep them in mind when facing tough major decisions. Or just have more than one playthrough and cover all the bases. :p

It only would be incomplete if there were things not solved/answered until the final chapter. You could do this in one or two episodes, to make it good (almost) every question should be answered (and this should not only be at the main story, also the side stories should be closed).
I mean sure, you could cram all the answers into the last couple episodes, but they'd feel unbelievably rushed. Just look at how trying to synch up the Fuck Buddy/friend approaches to the crossroad mangled Sage's path in Episode 7 and 8. Proper closure for the many open mysteries requires not only the answers to the questions, but also the context to make the answers matter and the time to reflect on the importance of the questions. If DPC leaves everything for the last minute it will implode and take a good chunk of the game with it.

You need both. Season 1-2 are the bulk of the actual game so far. Season 3 (which is currently just the Interlude) is a separate game file, but it will literally pick up where Season 2 left off: you'll need to create a special save file at the end of Season 2 which will then be imported into Season 3 to start the Interlude (after which you'll just save the game as normal).

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Yes I had heard that sometimes the hazing bordered on school bullying and that it went to suicide, but I thought it mainly happened in Southeast Asia
From what I've heard it's more like they die from alcohol poisoning and doing stupid shit
if anyone wants to know where I bet DPC got a lot of his influence for the game? check out a show called Blue Mountain State, its hilarious and similar in humor.
You ever think Tommy reminds you of that one kid from Rockstar's Bully game?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I still say getting hung up on the label is a mistake. Quinn's importance to the story speaks for itself regardless of some technical distinction.

As of right now, the only thing in game that differentiates the LIs is that the MC can choose to start a formal (if potentially secret) relationship with them. Quinn is nowhere near ready for that yet, so of course she isn't going to be included with that group. I'm not sure we need to read anything more into her status than that. Obviously in the long run we'd like Quinn to get a proper ending, but that's still a long ways off. It's not like their official LI badge guarantee M&J a happy ending, either.
Quinn is an unquestionably important character to the story. And she and the mc are definitely forming a relationship, one that even Quinn's friends haven't seen her in before. Tthere's no denying that.

But a degree of certainty comes with being an official LI.

We can all fairly confidently expect that DPC has always designed for a "happy" ending with each of the 5 main girls, whether Maya and Josy remain a package or can be split by the end is up for speculation, but we can be almost assured that if you've chosen a girl out of the 5, you will get your due when the game is done.

Quinn being on the outer, means there is no such guarantee. She doesn't give off the tragic vibes that Riona does, but that doesn't mean she gets to ride off with the mc into the sunset when the curtains close for the last time.

So those with a Quinn preference are looking for signs of reassurance that there won't be an inevitable gut wrenching twist in her story, that she won't amount to collateral damage with no redemption.

But right now, we don't have a "pathQuinn" variable, and what could amount to her "branch", is currently called "branchAlone".

This is not reassuring. :cautious:

Oh I actually didn't know there was a scene with Bella. I'm not that interested in her.
It's quite a touching scene. She handles the breakup well (over the phone), but when the call comes to an end, the camera pans out (in still images) to a solitary, silent Bella. :cry:

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Quinn is an unquestionably important character to the story. And she and the mc are definitely forming a relationship, one that even Quinn's friends haven't seen her in before. Tthere's no denying that.

But a degree of certainty comes with being an official LI.

We can all fairly confidently expect that DPC has always designed for a "happy" ending with each of the 5 main girls, whether Maya and Josy remain a package or can be split by the end is up for speculation, but we can be almost assured that if you've chosen a girl out of the 5, you will get your due when the game is done.

Quinn being on the outer, means there is no such guarantee. She doesn't give off the tragic vibes that Riona does, but that doesn't mean she gets to ride off with the mc into the sunset when the curtains close for the last time.

So those with a Quinn preference are looking for signs of reassurance that there won't be an inevitable gut wrenching twist in her story, that she won't amount to collateral damage with no redemption.

But right now, we don't have a "pathQuinn" variable, and what could amount to her "branch", is currently called "branchAlone".

I take your point, but I fear any reassurance you got from giving her the official LI imprimatur would be illusory. A certain redhead got end-of-episode status updates in Acting Lessons and that most assuredly did not end well. I don't think DPC will balk at subverting our expectations if he thinks it will better sell his story. But the good news is that works both ways; Quinn wouldn't be safe just by becoming a LI, but she's also not doomed to be pathless just because she's a side girl.

IMHO, Quinn's attitude and behavior are what makes a happy future with her so uncertain, and being an LI won't change that. So I say embrace the metagame and assume Quinn was made a side girl specifically so her happy ending would come as a surprise. :cool:

Granted, that's easy for me to say when I'm not really worried about being disappointed; Quinn isn't my type. But my point is there's no use worrying about things you can't control. Just hope for the best and try to prepare for the worst, same as with everything else. Fretting about Quinn's status is longing for a magical talisman that isn't actually magical.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
I take your point, but I fear any reassurance you got from giving her the official LI imprimatur would be illusory. A certain redhead got end-of-episode status updates in Acting Lessons and that most assuredly did not end well. I don't think DPC will balk at subverting our expectations if he thinks it will better sell his story. But the good news is that works both ways; Quinn wouldn't be safe just by becoming a LI, but she's also not doomed to be pathless just because she's a side girl.

IMHO, Quinn's attitude and behavior are what makes a happy future with her so uncertain, and being an LI won't change that. So I say embrace the metagame and assume Quinn was made a side girl specifically so her happy ending would come as a surprise. :cool:

Granted, that's easy for me to say when I'm not really worried about being disappointed; Quinn isn't my type. But my point is there's no use worrying about things you can't control. Just hope for the best and try to prepare for the worst, same as with everything else. Fretting about Quinn's status is longing for a magical talisman that isn't actually magical.
Speaking of that red-head, did she have a good ending?
I didn't play that daughter of a btch's route.

Because we might be looking at it all wrong.

'Cause Isabella might not be the Leah of this story... but Quinn.
We got introduced to her father and the drug ring, on or off of her path. She is going to be important for later dramas.
IDK, I don't have any solid evidences, just talking out loud.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Redd23

NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018
Greatest game on this site. now can someone please send me a Jill ending path and Bella ending path on DiK route save file? or is there like a harem cheat mod I can download to get the correct pathway ending? I only have sage ending.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
All this Quinn LI talk is pretty dumb imo. She's one of the more important characters in the game who always gets plenty of screen time and content, her relationship with MC is only surpassed by the actual main girls which in turn makes her out stand out from all the other side/non main girls. Worrying about her being given a meaningless tag by DPC (which isn't going to happen) given her already significant role in the game is pretty pointless. I don't like Quinn at all but if she was my favorite girl I'd personally be quite satisfied with what we've gotten of her so far.

As for an ending with her, I'm quite optimistic on that happening. Weather there's more than 1 or even good at all is entirely up to DPC though so I guess we'll have to wait and see how that plays out.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Greatest game on this site. now can someone please send me a Jill ending path and Bella ending path on DiK route save file? or is there like a harem cheat mod I can download to get the correct pathway ending? I only have sage ending.
You're not gonna get a DIK route with Jill. She will dump the mc if he's a DIK.

This link will give you an export file with all the girls, but not every permutation of DIK/Chick. It's got:
  • DIK Sage ending,
  • DIK Quinn (others) ending,
  • Chick Maya & Josy ending,
  • Chick Jill ending; and
  • Chick Bella ending.
But it's pretty useless until Episode 9 comes out, so why not just play the game yourself to achieve those different paths?

All this Quinn LI talk is pretty dumb imo. She's one of the more important characters in the game who always gets plenty of screen time and content, her relationship with MC is only surpassed by the actual main girls which in turn makes her out stand out from all the other side/non main girls. Worrying about her being given a meaningless tag by DPC (which isn't going to happen) given her already significant role in the game is pretty pointless. I don't like Quinn at all but if she was my favorite girl I'd personally be quite satisfied with what we've gotten of her so far.

As for an ending with her, I'm quite optimistic on that happening. Weather there's more than 1 or even good at all is entirely up to DPC though so I guess we'll have to wait and see how that plays out.
So far Quinn's role is very satisfying, but if we can't worry about what's gonna happen in the game down the track, what are we even doing here? :p

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
Loved the maya and josy route. Jill route was also pretty good on par with pure dik route. Waiting to see how it develops, hoping for no bs that breaks up the threesome ending.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

This link will give you an export file with all the girls, but not every permutation of DIK/Chick. It's got:
  • DIK Sage ending,
  • Chick Jill ending; and
  • Chick Bella ending.
But it's pretty useless until Episode 9 comes out, so why not just play the game yourself to achieve those different paths?

So far Quinn's role is very satisfying, but if we can't worry about what's gonna happen in the game down the track, what are we even doing here? :p
We can speculate on Quinn's role/fate, come endgame but worrying about whether she becomes a main girl or LI or whatever is just flat out pointless not because it won't happen but because it won't really change anything.

NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018

• DIK Sage ending,
  • Chick Jill ending; and
  • Chick Bella ending.

Bro how's it useless tho? Jill is the best girl in the game along will bella. I don't want to restart my game over again just to smash jll at the end ya feel me. Rather just get a save file with it. Plus it's dumb how its making us choose which girl we want when we aren't even done the game yet. Like idk why im locked into dating when there's still more episodes left.

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
This is my view too. To be honest there’s a lot of terminology that gets thrown around on this topic - MG, LI, SG, path, branch, ending etc - you can tell by how people talk about these things that not everyone defines them in precisely the same way, some use terms interchangeably, others make distinctions, so not only do expectations differ about what they mean but it’s also hard to actually get to the crux of the point sometimes.

From my point of view I think DPC is telling the story he wants to tell and he isn’t going to let himself be overly bound by technical distinctions. Not being an “MG” hasn’t stopped him developing a romantic path for Quinn, giving her a prologue, a hangout, or an animation at the end of episode 8. He didn’t say “well she’s down as an SG in the guide so I guess she can’t have the same things as the MGs”. There's no reason to expect this approach will change in the second half of the story.

Worrying about her being given a meaningless tag by DPC (which isn't going to happen) given her already significant role in the game is pretty pointless. I don't like Quinn at all but if she was my favorite girl I'd personally be quite satisfied with what we've gotten of her so far.
Well Quinn is my favourite girl, and you're right, I'm satisfied with what we've gotten of her so far.

This is a fair point and I guess does give me pause. It is possible that all the Quinn stuff is a big tease with no payoff. But if so it would be a hell of a lot of dev time to spend on something that he intended to jettison. He's leaned hard into Quinn's LI route; no one can deny that is there now as an option, in parallel with her story role as an antagonist. For me it just has to lead somewhere.

Great point.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes