Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
There is no denying that she is kind, almost to much for her own good a times. But on the other hand I can't help but think she is also incredibly selfish as well. She doesn't have to make a big scene, she is still secretly shutting the other person out. It's worse if you ask me because the MC thinks everything is fine. As for the picnic being pivotal sure, but she just springs it on the MC and expects him to just go with her. If you don't she basically says "Fuck it. It's not meant to be so why try at all?".
A dead horse topic for me to bring up again, but I have to say one thing that always bothered me about the Jill route. Once you refuse her picnic in horse shit field, she decides in her mind to 86 you. That is not the bad part though. The bad part is she still strings you along and lets you put everything on the line for her; the music concert especially and running to meet her at the restaurant, etc. Only then does she officially tell you to pound sand...in front of everyone...after you saved her hide in the name of devotion...in front of everyone.

And keep in mind, all of this was on my first Jill playthrough as a Chick, where I thought the Chick thing to do (that Jill would appreciate) was help a sick friend. I specifically remember thinking, what would a good person with a conscience do? :unsure:

After a trip to a remote Shaolin monastery, much deep thought, fasting, studying, personal reflection, and eventual internet searching of "how do good people act?" I chose to help Sage. DPC: "Wrong choice fucko!" Luckily, I had a save point at that decision. Angry as I was, DPC redeemed himself by including that ep. 8 scene of an emotionally crushed Jill watching MC balls deep in Bella on the very table that they all happily gathered 'round to enjoy pancakes on that oh so joyful Sunday not long ago. Might now be my top cherished render of Jill in the entire game (and the only one that includes her face). Most satisfying wank to that ever.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
A dead horse topic for me to bring up again, but I have to say one thing that always bothered me about the Jill route. Once you refuse her picnic in horse shit field, she decides in her mind to 86 you. That is not the bad part though. The bad part is she still strings you along and lets you put everything on the line for her; the music concert especially and running to meet her at the restaurant, etc. Only then does she officially tell you to pound sand...in front of everyone...after you saved her hide in the name of devotion...in front of everyone.

And keep in mind, all of this was on my first Jill playthrough as a Chick, where I thought the Chick thing to do (that Jill would appreciate) was help a sick friend. I specifically remember thinking, what would a good person with a conscience do? :unsure:

After a trip to a remote Shaolin monastery, much deep thought, fasting, studying, personal reflection, and eventual internet searching of "how do good people act?" I chose to help Sage. DPC: "Wrong choice fucko!" Luckily, I had a save point at that decision. Angry as I was, DPC redeemed himself by including that ep. 8 scene of an emotionally crushed Jill watching MC balls deep in Bella on the very table that they all happily gathered 'round to enjoy pancakes on that oh so joyful Sunday not long ago. Might now be my top cherished render of Jill in the entire game (and the only one that includes her face). Most satisfying wank to that ever.
There's no way any dude in his right mind would think his girlfriend would prefer him to hang out with another girl rather than go on the date she had just prepared.

Your brain was in "AVN-mode", trying to second guess what was right. You should have been in "dude-dealing-with-his-girl-mode", knowing you were screwed no matter what you did.

Obviously you can't tell the difference between forcing oneself to take a break at a random point and not finish the release vs. finishing a smaller release at a logical break point in the story.
So what you're saying is you've got no self control, so it's up to DPC to tailor the game for you personally. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen...

Reactions: sixart

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There's no way any dude in his right mind would think his girlfriend would prefer him to hang out with another girl rather than go on the date she had just prepared.

Your brain was in "AVN-mode", trying to second guess what was right. You should have been in "dude-dealing-with-his-girl-mode", knowing you were screwed no matter what you did.

So what you're saying is you've got no self control, so it's up to DPC to tailor the game for you personally. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen...
Girlfriend? Where? When?

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Yet strangely Jill is ok with you hanging out with women like Bella and Josy and others. Hmmm, curious :unsure: She even pushes it in cases. Tending a sick friend isn't really hanging out anyway. And besides, does MC ever even say his sick friend is a girl? I know he doesn't say Sage's name. You're just simping hard today mate and it has blinded you. You'll come back to your senses soon.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
The bad part is she still strings you along
That's a big part of what sours it for me as well. That and the fact that if you don't go on the picnic and she can't get off the the MC's picture she will say "The sparks not there.", even though every other interaction between the two has suggested otherwise. She jus pulls a complete 180 in a very unrealistic way.

They aren't "hanging out", and Jill's not his girlfriend. He is taking care of a sick friend. But because it isn't Jill that must mean he isn't devoted to her enough. I get the feeling if Jill did the same thing she would think it's the right thing to do and it would be fine.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Releasing/updating the game in smaller chunks isn't/wouldn't be desirable.

DPC's writing style is ill-suited for those type of releases.
One of the things that make BaDIK separate itself from the chaff is its episodic-esque updates.
When I first played the game, I was in agony finishing episode 7 and waiting for months because of its cliffhanger.

One of the reasons why binging shows in 3 hours is more satisfying compared to watching a 3-hour long movie is because you instead get what you would get from a 3-hour movie in three 1-hour episodes, so it feels refreshing.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Even if time between updates keep increase and even if DPC been losing patron, this game still have way more chance to reach the finish line than 99% of the western AVNs currently in development.
truth!
Because when we get down to the final LI, then someone dies... a house burns.... axes come out.... Jill's penis drops... And she is your aunt... and it finishes by the 10th or 11th chapter, 12th if he drags it out, so yeah almost done
Peace
:D

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Releasing/updating the game in smaller chunks isn't/wouldn't be desirable.

DPC's writing style is ill-suited for those type of releases.
One of the things that make BaDIK separate itself the the chaff is its episodic-esque updates.
When I first played the game, I was in agony finishing episode 7 and waiting for months because of its cliffhanger.

One of the reasons why binging shows in 3 hours is more satisfying compared to watching a 3-hour long movie is because you instead get what you would get from a 3-hour movie in three 1-hour episodes, so it feels refreshing.
I don't know Liza...
I :love: you.... DPC and chaff?? He digs in the mud a bit for his story too!
:D

• Haha
Reactions: LizaS

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
This could be because Jill knows Isabella and Josy. Jill has a biased opinion of Sage.:unsure:
True, but Jill has no idea who the sick person is. Could be Josy, could be Troy :BootyTime: , could be just about anyone she knows or doesn't know. I just don't understand the jealousy angle from Jill at that very moment, especially when you are trying to do something altruistic which is central to the character of Jill. On my Chick run, Jill has been given no cause to ever doubt me. I didn't even snap a dic pic on Tybalt's phone or so much as take a whiff of cunny in all my time at B&R.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
True, but Jill has no idea who the sick person is. Could be Josy, could be Troy :BootyTime: , could be just about anyone she knows or doesn't know. I just don't understand the jealousy angle from Jill at that very moment, especially when you are trying to do something altruistic which is central to the character of Jill. On my Chick run, Jill has been given no cause to ever doubt me. I didn't even snap a dic pic on Tybalt's phone or so much as take a whiff of cunny in all my time at B&R.
That ep7_jill_jealousy variable is weird though, so it certainly is going to be used in the future IMO (I suppose it's going to be used on her route, because if it's also used when not on her route it's going to be weird).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LizaS

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Girlfriend? Where? When?
Yet strangely Jill is ok with you hanging out with women like Bella and Josy and others. Hmmm, curious :unsure: She even pushes it in cases. Tending a sick friend isn't really hanging out anyway. And besides, does MC ever even say his sick friend is a girl? I know he doesn't say Sage's name. You're just simping hard today mate and it has blinded you. You'll come back to your senses soon.
That's a big part of what sours it for me as well. That and the fact that if you don't go on the picnic and she can't get off the the MC's picture she will say "The sparks not there.", even though every other interaction between the two has suggested otherwise. She jus pulls a complete 180 in a very unrealistic way.

They aren't "hanging out", and Jill's not his girlfriend. He is taking care of a sick friend. But because it isn't Jill that must mean he isn't devoted to her enough. I get the feeling if Jill did the same thing she would think it's the right thing to do and it would be fine.
OK, I'll put that down to "phrasing"...

If a girl, who really likes you, comes to your house and tells you she's organised a lovely day out for your birthday, and she (or one of her many servants) has made a picnic and everything. Do you think she'd prefer you to let her down to go see to a sick friend who is another girl (yeah, the mc lets on that it's a girl he's seeing), or that you go out on the picnic with her (and that she doesn't even know about the sick friend)?

Logically speaking, the mc already made his plans with Sage, so he hasn't done anything wrong by telling Jill:

mc: "I'm so sorry. You caught me at a bad time."​
mc: "I made a promise to a friend to come help her."​
mc: "She's sick and needs someone to take care of her."​

Now I know this game has DIK/Chick points, and that'd be the chick thing to do, and Jill likes Chicky boys, but tell me honestly, which response would a real life girl prefer? Of course she would prefer that you go with her.

However, if you told her that you'd already made plans, but you're happy to ditch the sick girl, that would complicate things.

A girl would want you to think they are reasonable and would say, "Of course, you should see your sick friend", but she'd want you to say, "You know what, she'll probably be dead by the morning, so there's no real point seeing her now anyway" to which she'd reply, "Are you sure? ... Yaaah, let's go!"

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

If a girl, who really likes you, comes to your house and tells you she's organised a lovely day out for your birthday, and she (or one of her many servants) has made a picnic and everything. Do you think she'd prefer you to let her down to go see to a sick friend who is another girl (yeah, the mc lets on that it's a girl he's seeing), or that you go out on the picnic with her (and that she doesn't even know about the sick friend)?

Logically speaking, the mc already made his plans with Sage, so he hasn't done anything wrong by telling Jill:

Now I know this game has DIK/Chick points, and that'd be the chick thing to do, and Jill likes Chicky boys, but tell me honestly, which response would a real life girl prefer? Of course she would prefer that you go with her.

However, if you told her that you'd already made plans, but you're happy to ditch the sick girl, that would complicate things.

A girl would want you to think they are reasonable and would say, "Of course, you should see your sick friend", but she'd want you to say, "You know what, she'll probably be dead by the morning, so there's no real point seeing her now anyway" to which she'd reply, "Are you sure? ... Yaaah, let's go!"
But isn't all this going back to what everyone is saying in principle? Jill's personality is like that, and through all your posts you tried to convince the others that she is not like that, and here we are, with a post that states that Jill has the characteristics that we have already said and started the debate...

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yes, she would prefer that you call your sick friend you already made plans to help and tell them "Sorry I can't help you anymore I have a surprise date to go on." That sound very reasonable to me. A real life girl with actual adult emotions would see that you are doing the right thing. They wouldn't blow it out of proportion and assume that because of that they shouldn't be together.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

A real girl wants her to be the center of attention of her boyfriend. A man can only compromise by bringing his girlfriend to his sick friend and later arranging and having a romantic date with his girlfriend.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Heycock and shazba

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
No, I never said anything about wanting DPC to tailor the game to me. I'm just stating the obvious (at least to anyone with an objective mind) that stretching the release cycle out so long runs the risk of people losing interest. This is especially true when there are now so many more games with at least equal if not better quality, either from a visuals or story perspective, and sometimes both, unlike when the game first came out and it was head and shoulders above just about all.

And unlike you, I have been around since way back when DPC was still here interacting with us, so I think I just might have a clearer idea than most do on what DPC will or won't do for his fans.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
But isn't all this going back to what everyone is saying in principle? Jill's personality is like that, and through all your posts you tried to convince the others that she is not like that, and here we are, with a post that states that Jill has the characteristics that we have already said and started the debate...
Not exactly. I've been saying two things.
  1. Jill doesn't end the relationship because the mc didn't go on the picnic. After not going on the picnic, one things leads to another (or rather one thing doesn't lead to another), and slowly she decides not to advance the relationship. Her decision was based on a lot of shit the mc had been involved in. But if the mc went on the picnic, strongly professed that he would fight for her (and told her directly how strongly he felt for her):

"Because you must be out of your mind if you think I'm gonna stop seeing the girl I think I'm falling for."

And this lead to other outings and her introducing him to her friends, eventually she decides to fuck him.

2. The other point I'm making in these last few posts is that if you were gunning for Jill, you'd have chosen to go with Jill.
No, I never said anything about wanting DPC to tailor the game to me. I'm just stating the obvious (at least to anyone with an objective mind) that stretching the release cycle out so long runs the risk of people losing interest. This is especially true when there are now so many more games with at least equal if not better quality, either from a visuals or story perspective, and sometimes both, unlike when the game first came out and it was head and shoulders above just about all.

And unlike you, I have been around since way back when DPC was still here interacting with us, so I think I just might have a clearer idea than most do on what DPC will or won't do for his fans.
You want the game sooner, so you're suggesting he release it in half episodes. You're projecting your desires onto everyone else, but it's really what you want, otherwise you wouldn't be suggesting it.

And it doesn't matter how long anyone's been here. It's obvious DPC is gonna do things his way, it's what he's always done. He is aware that the episodes are getting longer and he's trying to stop the ever expanding episode size, but he's not gonna shrink them by half the length.

Yes, she would prefer that you call your sick friend you already made plans to help and tell them "Sorry I can't help you anymore I have a surprise date to go on." That sound very reasonable to me. A real life girl with actual adult emotions would see that you are doing the right thing. They wouldn't blow it out of proportion and assume that because of that they shouldn't be together.
You guys constantly harp back at Jill dumping the mc because he didn't go on the picnic. That's not fair to the story. She didn't decide it was over because of that.

One thing lead to another, based on your choices at that point, and by the restaurant scene, Jill had decided, based on everything that had transpired, including his getting into fights and trying to burn down Tybalt's mansion, that she wanted to call it off.

That's definitely not the same thing as her thinking, "You don't wanna come on the picnic, fine, I don't wanna see you ever again!"

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes