felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's what you want to see in this diagram. If you wanted, you could make one that shows that he needs longer updates because that way he gets more patrons when it's released
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please don't sugest anything!!!! DPC reads everything!!! Please!!

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Stats aside, am I the only one who feels that DPC is pushing the limit of "time between releases" and is edging dangerously close to the cliff edge of "it's been too long, I can't remember half of my previous choices, my interest has waned, it's time to move on"?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Embrace the fact that we're entering into 8-9 month per update cycle now. Gone are the 6 months per update.

Episode 9 - September 2022
Episode 10 - June 2023
Episide 11 - March 2024
Episode 12 - December 2024
But but but badly interpreted and poorly calculated stats shows an average of less than 5 months between releases! I have illogical, stupid, and blind faith that episode 9 will be released soon! :p

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Stats aside, am I the only one who feels that DPC is pushing the limit of "time between releases" and is edging dangerously close to the cliff edge of "it's been too long, I can't remember half of my previous choices, my interest has waned, it's time to move on"?
I doubt that he's slacking off the updates to milk his patreons. I think his OCD just kicks in and he obsesses over everything to the smallest detail.

Though what worries me is that we clearly are getting very close to the one update per year schedule and if DPC ever starts losing motivation or hits an artist's block, this might be left on hold for some time or even be left unfinished.

We are still at least 4 years away from it being completed and that's a very long time to keep a project fresh and people interested in it.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I doubt that he's slacking off the updates to milk his patreons. I think his OCD just kicks in and he obsesses over everything to the smallest detail.

Though what worries me is that we clearly are getting very close to the one update per year schedule and if DPC ever starts losing motivation or hits an artist's block, this might be left on hold for some time or even be left unfinished.

We are still at least 4 years away from it being completed and that's a very long time to keep a project fresh and people interested in it.
I didn't say anything about milking. All I'm saying is that his episodes are too big and are taking too long to come out. In every episode in season 2 there was a somewhat logical transitional point that can split it into 2 roughly equal releases without much effort.

Reactions: Lostanddamned

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I didn't say anything about milking. All I'm saying is that his episodes are too big and are taking too long to come out. In every episode in season 2 there was a somewhat logical transitional point that can split it into 2 roughly equal releases without much effort.
There's also the issue about the episode size - like he has to put some limits to it. If he intends to do each episode bigger than the last one, by the time we get to episode 18-19 one episode will probably be the size of the entire season 1 and we'll have to wait 2 years for an episode.

• Sad
Reactions: Kellermann

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
There's also the issue about the episode size - like he has to put some limits to it. If he intends to do each episode bigger than the last one, by the time we get to episode 18-19 one episode will probably be the size of the entire season 1 and we'll have to wait 2 years for an episode.
By the time we get to Episode 18-19? No way. The entire season 1 was 6.1GB. Episode 8 by itself was 5GB. Even the interlude was 2.6GB and it wasn't even half of the size of episode 8. We'll have a single episode surpassing the size of the entire season 1 within the next episode or two.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
By the time we get to Episode 18-19? No way. The entire season 1 was 6.1GB. Episode 8 by itself was 5GB. Even the interlude was 2.6GB and it wasn't even half of the size of episode 8. We'll have a single episode surpassing the size of the entire season 1 within the next episode or two.
I'm still waiting for the 4K patch that will bring the game over 100 GB.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Maybe DPC has an contract with hard disc producers, so we need more space for the further episodes? :unsure:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The picnic is an artifact moment, mc tells about his mother death, he does that with every li, but with Jill it is so important!!!
That's weird to me too. The MC, if Sage's fuckbuddy and/or is on Jill's path, can tell either of them at the respective hang out what his feelings are on his birthday. In contrast, Josy, Maya, and Isabella do not have the opportunity to hear that from the MC at any time. This implies to me so that either Fuckbuddy Sage or Jill, are preferred to all other LI's.

However, you can balance all the LI's in that no LI gets to hear about these very personal feelings about their birthday.

In the official Walkthrought there is also something strange regarding the birthday. In EP5, after the MC has spent the night at Isabella's, the MC can call his father in the Freeroam event, who informs the MC about his birthday. So far too good. But in the Walkthrought it is not pointed out for the MC to text with his father and this is strange in that DPC writes in his Walkthrought exactly who the MC should communicate with via cell phone and/or Rooster. The joke is, even if the MC doesn't call Neil and thus forgets his own birthday, Arieth wishes the MC Happy Birthday.

The MC's birthday and knowing about his personal feelings on that day, seem to have a wider meaning for BaDIK. Now when I think of the story of Derek while shopping in EP8, where Becky sends a birthday greeting as an icebreaker to one of the two brothers, Rick or Paulie, I wonder if Arieth's Happy birthday was the same and if it was, how does Arieth know when the MC's birthday is?

Reactions: SomboSteel

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Embrace the fact that we're entering into 8-9 month per update cycle now. Gone are the 6 months per update.

Episode 9 - September 2022
Episode 10 - June 2023
Episide 11 - March 2024
Episode 12 - December 2024
Yes, but look at the quality of these newer episodes. More animations, longer animations, higher-quality renders, action-packed free roams, and engaging minigames. If DPC decided to just slap some writing and some stills together, he could probably bang out a new episode in about 6 weeks or so, but then it wouldn't be the most popular AVN title anymore.

I'm as excited and eager for the next episode as the next guy, but if we really like the BaDIK experience, then we need to develop some patience and let DPC do what he needs to do.

It also never ceases to irritate me when folks complain about delays here on this pirate site, anyway. It's one thing for patrons to complain--after all, we (I'm one of them) are the ones shelling out money month after month--but all most people on F95 have to do is just bide their time and wait.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes