Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Three three year span is meaningless since that started from 0. Here are the last two years.

View attachment 1910547

Each release has resulted in a spike greater than the release before.

And the current state is still greater than the April release last year.

It looks like the Interlude caused a minor hump, not a spike, but that was to be expected (who would subscribe just for that?)

Currently we're in the slump between releases.

Wait until the next release to be able to make a better assessment.
I agree, I don't see any disaster here. Since the release of Episode 6, some people subscribe to Patreon for a month to get a legal version of the game, then cancel the subscription until the next episode. Episode 8 was such a boom because it's the end of the season and now the DPC has plateaued. With the release of episode 9, there will be another leap.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Embrace the fact that we're entering into 8-9 month per update cycle now. Gone are the 6 months per update.

Episode 9 - September 2022
Episode 10 - June 2023
Episide 11 - March 2024
Episode 12 - December 2024
And now if you cancel the Interlude, as well as the time to prepare the Season 2 release in Steam, and also the Christmas holidays, then you get the same 6 months.

Reactions: Redd23 and beategg

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
View attachment 1910614

There wasn't even a plateau: just started plummeting.

No need for more words.

Once again, I hope DrPinkCake realized he needs to release shorter and faster updates: for his own sake, for the game's sake, for the players' sake.
You have a very odd definition of plummeting because looking these number it is a Very Slow drop off and some times goes Up by definition this is the Opposite of plummeting. Which leads me to my point
Its-cute-how-you-think-youre-right-even-though-youre-wrong.jpg

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yes, but look at the quality of these newer episodes. More animations, longer animations, higher-quality renders, action-packed free roams, and engaging minigames. If DPC decided to just slap some writing and some stills together, he could probably bang out a new episode in about 6 weeks or so, but then it wouldn't be the most popular AVN title anymore.

I'm as excited and eager for the next episode as the next guy, but if we really like the BaDIK experience, then we need to develop some patience and let DPC do what he needs to do.

It also never ceases to irritate me when folks complain about delays here on this pirate site, anyway. It's one thing for patrons to complain--after all, we (I'm one of them) are the ones shelling out money month after month--but all most people on F95 have to do is just bide their time and wait.
I don't see anybody disputing the fact that the releases are jam-packed. What's being discussed is that the release time is becoming too long BECAUSE they are too jam-packed. It's getting perilously close to being too much of a good thing. As I said before, recent episodes could easily have been split in more or less equal halves and come out more or less twice as frequent without too much effort.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Meh
DPC is raking in cash. He takes his time. He does wonderful renders and animation. Great music. I do not particularly like the story and his writing needs help, but the rest is amazing. I do not feel I wasted my money when I bought the steam releases. I do not regret doing Patreon for a while. I don't regret getting banned here a few times. I don't regret expressing my opinion.......I only regret that I didn't screenshot him losing his shit on me when I pointed out some story errors..
Peace

• Red Heart
Reactions: SomboSteel

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I don't see anybody disputing the fact that the releases are jam-packed. What's being discussed is that the release time is becoming too long BECAUSE they are too jam-packed. It's getting perilously close to being too much of a good thing. As I said before, recent episodes could easily have been split in more or less equal halves and come out more or less twice as frequent without too much effort.
My suggestion for you is, hold out for the next episode. I can't help you before then. But when it comes out, just play for one hour, then save and close the game. Then the next month, play for another hour. Then close the game and so on.

There you go. You'll get your short updates every month.

But if you can cope with waiting two months between episodes, then play 2 hours each 2 months.

It's so amazing, you can actually control how much of the update you can play, and then you never need to complain about waiting again!

Everyone else can just play the game when it comes out as intended. That way everyone wins.

Reactions: Ilhares

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hey! I recently finished Acting Lessons and wanted to let you know that I started crying. This game is incredible, yet it tore me apart. How could you do it? How? :(
Hey dear TheLauraEWilson, I do not like Acting Lessons, I Love it , I adore it , or if you know stronger word , you started crying but it breaks my heart when I have to choose to save one of two innocent girls and leave the other to die of course you know I play it 3 separate times to save each one of them. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Reactions: StevenD90

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
And now if you cancel the Interlude, as well as the time to prepare the Season 2 release in Steam, and also the Christmas holidays, then you get the same 6 months.
You forgot Easter holidays, midsummer's day, the day his dog will snatch his HD and bury it in the garden, the days he will get sick, the imperative new Interlude spin-offs (Madame's new adventures; Magnar's D&G stories; and so on), next Xmas holiday.

Reactions: BorgiaBou

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Why is everybody sooo worked up on an already known intel that the releases come in approximately 6 months interval ?!? :unsure: And what really takes the biscuit is that the vast majority doesn't even pay a fucking cent for it ?! :eek::sneaky: If you all know that much better than DPC why don't you all create your own game which will be superior to this one in all aspect plus since you all are horndogs why doncha set the release dates biweekly ?! 2a9061a80882d8105b0d6066798e81fe.gif :unsure: Or better yet daily... or hourly !!!!! :oops::rolleyes:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Even if time between updates keep increase and even if DPC been losing patron, this game still have way more chance to reach the finish line than 99% of the western AVNs currently in development.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
My suggestion for you is, hold out for the next episode. I can't help you before then. But when it comes out, just play for one hour, then save and close the game. Then the next month, play for another hour. Then close the game and so on.

There you go. You'll get your short updates every month.

But if you can cope with waiting two months between episodes, then play 2 hours each 2 months.

It's so amazing, you can actually control how much of the update you can play, and then you never need to complain about waiting again!
Now why would I do that to torture myself? If the release takes too long to come out but I still haven't lose interest, I'll play it the normal way like any sane person would do. If it's been too long and I lose interest, I move on. It's not the end of the world for me or DPC. Your suggestion has got to be one of the silliest way to play the game.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Embrace the fact that we're entering into 8-9 month per update cycle now. Gone are the 6 months per update.

Episode 9 - September 2022
Episode 10 - June 2023
Episide 11 - March 2024
Episode 12 - December 2024
Dang, I've never seen such a truthful and factual statement make me sad and laugh at the same time.
I guess truth does hurt. :HideThePain:

Yes, but look at the quality of these newer episodes. More animations, longer animations, higher-quality renders, action-packed free roams, and engaging minigames. If DPC decided to just slap some writing and some stills together, he could probably bang out a new episode in about 6 weeks or so, but then it wouldn't be the most popular AVN title anymore.
This is true. The quality in episode 8 and the Interlude is so f-ing high.
I think DPC should take this as a turning point in his strategy because producing quality renders in high quantity isn't sustainable.

I've told this to other developers who has REALLY HIGH quality renders but insists on keeping the quantity of them high as well. I've told them, you always have to sacrifice something. You cannot do both at the same time. It's one or the other.

One of the devs I had a talk with, sacrificed overall content and the length of playing time because of this. So their latest update had like a lot of renders in high quality but had 5-10 mins. of playing time.
It was awful.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Now why would I do that to torture myself? If the release takes too long to come out but I still haven't lose interest, I'll play it the normal way like any sane person would do. If it's been too long and I lose interest, I move on. It's not the end of the world for me or DPC. Your suggestion has got to be one of the silliest way to play the game.
And yet that's exactly what you're suggesting DPC does. Release the game more quickly in smaller chunks.

• Haha
Reactions: sixart

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Even if time between updates keep increase and even if DPC been losing patron, this game still have way more chance to reach the finish line than 99% of the western AVNs currently in development.
Kinda his own fault he's losing some Patrons they were getting a solid two episodes a year. The interlude was by no means a good replacement.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
And yet that's exactly what you're suggesting DPC does. Release the game more quickly in smaller chunks.
Obviously you can't tell the difference between forcing oneself to take a break at a random point and not finish the release vs. finishing a smaller release at a logical break point in the story.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes