Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Or more likely Tybalt didn't bother to double check his presentation and just uploaded all the pics from his phone because he took the photos so naturally they're perfect. Only his lessors need concern themselves with something so crass as mistakes.
I mean, CLEARLY Tybalt didn’t check, which even when cheating one should always make sure, but I still think he had someone else do it.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Same thing for me, actually, I'm here for how invested people are in the game.

But I know we're not in the majority, I wouldn't know any of the games I play (and I support 5 of those artists in Patreon, no expensive hobbies, helps) if I didn't get them here beforehand.

Now, people getting it for free, that's publicity for DPC, he knows that, what I think angers him, is people making money on his name. That's a POS move, and I understand him.
I'm a Patron for some things, on and off, depending on what my financial situation is for the month. On the one hand, I don't mind supporting devs but on the other I have to stop at some point because I can't justify spending $100 on a title. Especially on titles that take years to finish. A dollar per month (minimum, and I feel like a piece of shit at that tier) for four years is a bad investment given my finances. I'll have spent $48 on an incomplete novel with no guarantee of a finished product.. I've had a dollar-per-hour rule when it comes to entertainment purchases for a long time. If pay $60 for a AAA title, I expect 60 hours of enjoyment.

Reactions: Sasanid

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Zoey only gets it spelled out for her if she talks Emma down, that's true. But it doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to work out why Emma went off like that, which still demonstrates that Bret's advice was not all it was cracked up to be.
It may not take a rocket scientist, but it's a fact that Zoey doesn't figure it out on her own. Heck, Brett doesn't figure it out on his own, either, and he has no excuse of being an awkward teenager with very little love life experience.

If Emma doesn't spell it out after the optional decision, Zoey never works it out. She hates Emma and considers her a crazy bitch, as evidenced in how she thinks about Emma for the remaining part of the interlude.

Plus the angry path makes it even more of a stretch that Zoey'd want to stay in San Diego for months when her tiny circle of friends now has a jagged hole in it.
Why would she put more importance on the one person she hates over the few friends she still has, especially when they're about the only friends she has at all? (not counting MC here, since she's in the "cut him off" mode) Being around Emma might be awkward, true, but not abandoning everyone else over it is hardly a stretch.

That's a false dilemma. What we should have seen was Zoey calling the MC on the train (if not sooner); we already know she won't get through, but that would at least establish that her relationship the MC is very much on her mind. Instead, it comes across as the sketch reminding Zoey that the MC exists - and she still doesn't reach out to him until she's settled in back home. It's just bad writing.
That's not bad writing; it's just character not acting in the way you want to see them act. And is it really so weird she might prefer to come home first, unwind a little and then let him know she's back and would like to come over? I don't think so. Like i've mentioned earlier, it's not psychologically unusual to be afraid to reach out to someone you've cut contact with, even if you want to patch things up very much.

It doesn't matter that her mother is her only family because this isn't reality, it's a story and Zoey's mom isn't even a a character in that story: she's just a foil for Zoey.
That's a bit... well, absurd take; they're *all* characters in the story and for Zoey her mother isn't some "foil" but her actual mother. So she acts towards her like an actual person would act towards an actual person that's her closest and only remaining relative. One she hasn't seen for months.

Unfortunately, what she reveals is that Zoey has reprioritized her mom over the MC - both in Zoey's earlier narration and again when she hugs her mom before reaching out to the MC. That not only fails to support the notion that Zoey has come to realize how important the MC was to her, it actually demonstrates the opposite: the MC is even less important to Zoey than when she left.
What makes you think there was any reprioritizing here, and that Zoey's mother wasn't always the more/most important person to Zoey? Expecting the MC to be ever more important than her is, again, just very narcissistic take to me. Note, i don't think it somehow shows that Zoey doesn't care strongly about the MC. Just like the MC clearly loving his father doesn't make his feelings for the girl(s) he's with somehow shallow, and the girl(s) unimportant to him.

Last edited:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
But you can't have it both ways. If the characters are just young and immature then their actions make sense, but the 'love' between the MC and Zoey is every bit the trivial crush it appears to be; if the MC and Zoey are mature enough for their relationship to carry genuine weight, then their behavior makes no sense.

This is made worse by the way we've seen the MC's relationship with the other girls develop into something that is approaching maturity. His conversations with Maya/Josy, Jill, Sage, Bella and even Quinn are only small steps toward sorting out the difference between an infatuation and genuine love, but they're lightyears beyond anything Zoey has attempted.

I know I keep harping on it, but that's the crux of my problem with Zoey's handling here. Her relationship with the MC is woefully underdeveloped, yet it's being forced to compete against well developed relationships that *we* personally have been nurturing for literal years. It's like presenting a professional cyclist with his old childhood bicycle (complete with training wheels!) and expecting him to angst over whether or not to stick with the bike he just bought in his next race. No one's saying the old bike wouldn't be important to the cyclist, but it just can't hold a candle to the real thing (unless the player happens to dislike all the bikes in the showroom, I suppose).

Zoey is being thrust into a role she's ill-prepared for and that's going to suck for everyone involved.
I get where you're coming from, and I agree with most of your concerns, I have some over how DPC will present her, too, I really hope he does it slowly, not with a 'boom', pretty sure he won't actually, it wouldn't make sense.

dalli_x earlier brought great points I think, about how much they know each other, they both know how they react, they've been cut from each other for about 4-6 months, and there was a big misunderstanding on top of that (2 in fact, one where Emma shared the picture of Zoey accusing her of getting her boyfriend, and the other Zoey thinking the MC didn't want to speak with her anymore because he didn't reply, he was in pain, and probably met Josy by the time), but other than that they were together, all the time, for years before that.

While I hope a relationship won't be forced unto the MC (that would be increasingly bad writing), Zoey could remain an option (for later, not right in Ep9, wouldn't make sense either) while keeping an eye on the MC whenever he's around. And, the LI he pursued, who don't know him anywhere near as much as Zoey does, could be jealous of their natural affinity, which will cause some drama, good one I think, cause Zoey probably will see MCs reactions to said LIs if she happen to meet them. And since, as far as I remember, only Bella knows about Zoey, she'd probably be the one who'd freak out the most in such a situation.

Overall, yeah, their relationship wasn't clear, but I think it was meant that way, they didn't know what they were doing, or what they were to each other, they were too young, and shit happened. MC learned a lot, like you said, since Zoey's departure, but Zoey coming back, he probably will be able to put in words what he never could before, same with Zoey actually, the whole Emma/Bret discussion will come into play.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I get where you're coming from, and I agree with most of your concerns, I have some over how DPC will present her, too, I really hope he does it slowly, not with a 'boom', pretty sure he won't actually, it wouldn't make sense.

dalli_x earlier brought great points I think, about how much they know each other, they both know how they react, they've been cut from each other for about 4-6 months, and there was a big misunderstanding on top of that (2 in fact, one where Emma shared the picture of Zoey accusing her of getting her boyfriend, and the other Zoey thinking the MC didn't want to speak with her anymore because he didn't reply, he was in pain, and probably met Josy by the time), but other than that they were together, all the time, for years before that.

While I hope a relationship won't be forced unto the MC (that would be increasingly bad writing), Zoey could remain an option (for later, not right in Ep9, wouldn't make sense either) while keeping an eye on the MC whenever he's around. And, the LI he pursued, who don't know him anywhere near as much as Zoey does, will be jealous of their natural affinity, which will cause some drama, good one I think, cause Zoey probably will see MCs reactions to said LIs if she happen to meet them. And since, as far as I remember, only Bella knows about Zoey, she'd probably be the one who'd freak out the most in such a situation.

Overall, yeah, their relationship wasn't clear, but I think it was meant that way, they didn't know what they were doing, or what they were to each other, they were too young, and shit happened. MC learned a lot, like you said, since Zoey's departure, but Zoey coming back, he probably will be able to put in words what he never could before, same with Zoey actually, the whole Emma/Bret discussion will come into play.
(y)

Reactions: Sasanid

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
To all the cunts (term of endearment, well, not really) who act like it's nothing to have your work hijacked like this turd on itch.io did, you probably never worked hard on anything in your lives.

I write engineering software for a living and discovered some other fuckhead from a competing company had stolen my software and passed it off as his own. That personally annoyed the absolute shit outta me. My bosses decided to play nice, and accepted the other company's lame excuse that they didn't realise it was copyright, and everyone sucked each other's cock and made up. But I wanted to beat that fuckers head in, not suck his cock!

So cocks aside, when someone steals your shit, or undermines your shit (I'm not talking typical pirates, but re-using your IP or selling your IP), that fucking hits hard. I get why DPC took it hard. And he's a control freak, so he would have taken it twice as hard... not the cock, the pain of the IP theft, what the fuck is it with you people and cocks?! :sneaky:

We have no control over the MC's texts in the Interlude (nor anything else MC-related for that matter), we can only determine whether Zoey calls attention to his short answers or remains oblivious to the potential problem.
Yeah, I got that the wrong way around, which means regardless of your choices, the mc is a sulking li'l snowflake.

Wow, AchedCroissant , N7 , Himself Burned you :LOL: , I dont even remember seeing him posting anything beside his usual, Status update post, or Renders, or updates:unsure:. That's a Big deal, I'm envy of your privilege, the power of being a Zoey simp, huh?:LOL:
It's not like there's many Zoey simps around to be targeted, it's basically AC and some other dude... :whistle:

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, I got that the wrong way around, which means regardless of your choices, the mc is a sulking li'l snowflake.
Who do you think he got that from, Lynnette, or Neil?

On a serious note, despite the ominous preview, I hope he stops being a sulking snowflake going forward, its getting old.

Reactions: shazba

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Since your doing this, you might be the one to answer a question I have: I want a playthrough/save where Jill rejects the MC at the Tybalt dinner. Anything I do to get Jill to reject me just prevents her from being an option at the Dik table, and whenever she become a viable choice she says yes to the mc. I thought affinity would be the easiest way to get her to say no, but at the end of ep7 you need neutral to keep her as an option 7D to 6C, and after 2 Dik choices in ep 8 I am now permanent neutral with 2 chick bars left 9D to 6C. Then I tried just helping sick Sage and in those runs Jill is never an option at the ep 8 table.

What is the chain of events/affinity/status I need to keep her an option and yet reject me.
Simply do a CHICK run aiming for Jill but help Sage when she's sick, that's what (accidentally) worked for me.

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
I'm no artist. Someone else using your own creative work must be special kind of devastating. Good on him for having it solved.

One thing got me wondering though. Usually when there's some sort of identity theft, you make it public asap so that friends/followers/customers are warned and can react/report. From what I've seen, DPC waited 4 days. Kinda surprising given he was losing out on money and customers were potentially getting scammed (malware, higher price).
And last but not least, the additional pressure from hordes of fans from various platforms was obviously pivotal to getting it solved today. He could've anticipated this reaction.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
If something bad is going to happen, it will. First Friday Prophets, now a scam. I think we can forget about the release in October.
I hate siding with the torch & pitchfork crowd, but yeah, this release is taking way too fucking long. It better be jam-packed full of goodness to justify it.
October? DPC takes ~9 months in between releases, this wasn't coming out until November-December. I don't care that the last release was the Interlude, he probably went out of his way to make sure he didn't work on anything for episode 9.
I say this with the utmost disrespect intended: Pull your head out of your ass. You can find his history of updates in this very thread, and they aren't 9 months between releases. I may be mistaken, but I'm thinking it was ename144 who had a list of them, as he tracks all the development and progress history.
Not all of us. Many of us are patrons. I'm here for the community, sad as that is to admit.
We're a mixed bag of nuts. So much better than only being given fucking almonds.
Dude, I don't want to offend, but... imagine that you are busy with your life's work and someone steals your work, passes it off as their own and sells it.
I'd straight-up murder a motherfucker over that. If you just take something I wrote and use it for yourself, I don't really care. If something I made can be of use, go for it (which happened, waaaay-back in the BBS door game days in fact). If you are selling my work and passing it off as yours? I'm going to end you. Fuck the consequences for me, it will send a very clear message to others like you.
A dead pet is definitely a cause for depression. You can trust me.
Shit, I lost one of my two ferrets after only a year, I hadn't felt pain like that since I was a kid when my first dog died. I had to give the remaining one away to somebody who had a full litter of'em, just so it would have company. Bonding with animals is great, but when they can't share our lifespans it's just painful. I'd consider a tortoise, but they aren't fluffy and soft, and I don't trust them to NOT bite off a toe or finger hanging off the bed at night.

I don't blame DPC one bit for being bent out of shape over this situation, but 'piracy' isn't the problem (as defined here). It was somebody trying to basically steal his identity and life's work in terms of making income, which supports himself/wife+(maybe kids? no idea there), for which he gave up his tedious regular job.

He does have issues, though, and I think he needs to talk to a shrink or somebody about it. It was his rabid fans here that helped build up that popularity with AL, and definitely the early days of BaDIK, now he treats F95 almost like it's a cancer-causing word, which isn't cool. At least we still get the nice updates from N7, so clearly he hasn't turned his back on the community completely.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
As a result of today.
Dear maggots and DIKs! An incredible event has taken place. We are faced with an evil that has united us all - people from different platforms who may not like each other for different reasons. Today a pirate stands next to a Steam license player or a Patreon subscriber to protect what we love! We put aside our differences and defeated the evil that threatened our existence. Any Being A DIK fan, wherever you are, no matter what platform it's on - I'm salute you. We won this war together. Family comes first.

bestteamever.jpg
scammerowned.jpg

solid-snake-salute.gif

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I hate siding with the torch & pitchfork crowd, but yeah, this release is taking way too fucking long. It better be jam-packed full of goodness to justify it.
Yes, I basically understand it. People react differently to situations like this, I think the DPC has Tommy's temper. Creative people are generally very emotional.

I'd straight-up murder a motherfucker over that. If you just take something I wrote and use it for yourself, I don't really care. If something I made can be of use, go for it (which happened, waaaay-back in the BBS door game days in fact). If you are selling my work and passing it off as yours? I'm going to end you. Fuck the consequences for me, it will send a very clear message to others like you.
Scammers are the most disgusting kind of criminals. They are extremely cowardly and can only cheat on the Internet or steal bank card data from gullible old people over the phone. Honestly, I would send them to life in the secret prison of Guantanamo Bay. Or to the gallows.

Shit, I lost one of my two ferrets after only a year, I hadn't felt pain like that since I was a kid when my first dog died. I had to give the remaining one away to somebody who had a full litter of'em, just so it would have company. Bonding with animals is great, but when they can't share our lifespans it's just painful. I'd consider a tortoise, but they aren't fluffy and soft, and I don't trust them to NOT bite off a toe or finger hanging off the bed at night.
I'm sorry about your loss. I buried a cat a few years ago, I understand how hard it is.

And I completely agree that F95 piracy is not a problem. We make the game more popular. After all, it's the biggest forum about the game, with over 200,000 posts recently, a stable community of theories, memes, and fan art. In Steam or GOG, there are not nearly as many discussions as there are here.
And as I already suggested, not all pirates are here. I look at this place more as a fan thread.

Reactions: Ilhares and myukimo

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Yes, I basically understand it. People react differently to situations like this, I think the DPC has Tommy's temper. Creative people are generally very emotional.

Scammers are the most disgusting kind of criminals. They are extremely cowardly and can only cheat on the Internet or steal bank card data from gullible old people over the phone. Honestly, I would send them to life in the secret prison of Guantanamo Bay. Or to the gallows.

I'm sorry about your loss. I buried a cat a few years ago, I understand how hard it is.

And I completely agree that F95 piracy is not a problem. We make the game more popular. After all, it's the biggest forum about the game, with over 200,000 posts recently, a stable community of theories, memes, and fan art. In Steam or GOG, there are not nearly as many discussions as there are here.
And as I already suggested, not all pirates are here. I look at this place more as a fan thread.
With so many supposed triple A games like Cyberpunk and the Ubisoft and EA industry it is better to try pirated games first and then compare them if the game is not broken :ROFLMAO: .
I have several F95 games purchased from steam and without a doubt this is one of them. In short, with so much manipulative press they will tell you that the game is a masterpiece and after five minutes you are asking for a refund.
This is the reality of this industry in the last 7 years or more ....
I still remember that 20 years ago they let you try the games for free with a limitation, and if you liked it you bought it, but today they don't even hire a beta tester, this job role is already dead, they split the games into 50 parts and they want to charge you 3000 dollars like the sims 2 or dead or alive... The CDs with 20 test games those were good times :cry:

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes