znar25

Apr 25, 2021
it was like that last year too
"yeah, they agreed they'll make a party and the DIK house, nice, can't wait for halloween 2021"
one episode and a year later....
If it looks like real world Halloween release might be missed, maybe hold EP9 for next year and do two more interludes....
1. Madame.
2. Cafeteria girl.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
If it looks like real world Halloween release might be missed, maybe hold EP9 for next year and do two more interludes....
1. Madame.
2. Cafeteria girl.
Won't be the badest thing having a Interlude with KRJ and the cafeteria girl. Having a threesome after the funeral of Madame, as a gentleman, you should give them consolation (and other things). ;)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
It's ironic that the Halloween episode will be released only on Thanksgiving. I think DPC itself already knows when the game will be released (approximately) and perhaps the unplanned 1000 renders will be associated with Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving isn't a hangout holiday. This is more of a family or romantic holiday, so a quiet romantic dinner with your family will be perfectly combined with a riotous Halloween celebration.
Something similar was already in episode 5. When the first half of the episode was a party and fun, and the second half was a calm and peaceful morning at Bella's house. Don't underestimate the power of contrasts.
In addition, it is a great way to reveal from the other side such party animals as Riona, Lily, Sage.
The DPC has said on numerous occasions that it does not tie episode releases to dates or holidays in chronological order. So the episode will still be about Halloween whenever it comes out, but I think it will be soon.
As for Thanksgiving. Are there young college-aged americans here? Do you even celebrate it?

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Americans of all ages celebrate Thanksgiving, yeah. Usually by going home to see their family, but 'friendsgiving' is also something that happens. Especially if in BaD John Boy is the one doing the cooking. Also with watching American football both on that day, and through the weekend, since that weekend there are a lot of rivalry college games.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
As for Thanksgiving. Are there young college-aged americans here? Do you even celebrate it?
Well.. I'm not young, but most of the younger folk I know still use it for the same reason I do. it's a good excuse to visit with family after you've moved out, and if you're a college kid, probably one of the few times you get a really nice big home-cooked meal at no charge. And there's almost always leftovers!

I don't blame a dev for not wanting to pin themselves to a deadline, but for "smaller, faster episodes", he's off to a really shit start.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Well.. I'm not young, but most of the younger folk I know still use it for the same reason I do. it's a good excuse to visit with family after you've moved out, and if you're a college kid, probably one of the few times you get a really nice big home-cooked meal at no charge. And there's almost always leftovers!

I don't blame a dev for not wanting to pin themselves to a deadline, but for "smaller, faster episodes", he's off to a really shit start.
It is clear that in about the same atmosphere we celebrate the New Year. A family holiday in a cozy atmosphere with lots of homemade food.
As for short episodes... I don't like them. It always infuriated me to wait a couple of months and get a point and click for half an hour. I love BaDIK for a huge amount of content, each episode is like a whole game for several hours. And this is only one route. So I'm happy with the long wait, knowing what I'm getting for it.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
looks like he is actually aiming more for Xmass than Halloween
So, would it be possible to, with a few minor adjustments, go over every piece of dev work for EP9, and replace anything Halloween themed with a Christmas theme. And gets released by 24 Dec this year? The update would include a story adjustment that eliminates any previous mention of Halloween party planning. :p

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
What family? :KEK: All the DIKs going home and Neil in a coma. MC gonna spend thanksgiving in the Pink Rose :BootyTime:
Probably, accurate. Stanley and some others probably celebrate it. However, if you are on the Bella path, you have plenty to give thanks for.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes