ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Sh0gvn ? :WaitWhat:

I've been posing animations, some static renders, and playtesting a lot this week.
I have 44 animations in the render queue and 252 completed ones.
I'm finishing up the lewd scene I've been working on this week. After that, I have a partial lewd scene left to pose a few animations for. Then I'm done with the planned art. I estimate that I have ~20 animations left to pose.
It will be a push, but I aim to complete what's left of the art in the upcoming week, and after that, I will test and polish like crazy while completing the remaining tasks and waiting for the PCs to render the animations in the queue.
Some of the remaining activities include:
  • Writing Bios for the episode
  • Fixing ending screens
  • Recapping the story in the intro section
  • Adding patrons to the credits section
Those tasks I mentioned shouldn't take more than a couple of days to add.
Before beta testing and proofreading can start, my personal playtests and the render time are the big things left.
Speaking of the credits section, I will lock the entries for v0.9.0 before next Friday. If you put your name as a comment before that, you will appear in the credits for Episode 9. If you already appeared in the Interlude or have commented on that post since you don't have to put your name on there again.
This week I played my game from start to finish for the first time since March. It's a helpful way for me to polish a new episode, and it's easier to feel how the new episode flows together with seasons 1 and 2.
It's always inspiring for me to do this, and each time I do it, I'm baffled by how big the game has become while knowing how much more of the story is left to tell.
Even though Season 3 is just starting, it feels complete in my head and notes. Ideas and scenes written four years ago will finally be a part of the playable game - to me, that's crazy.

I'm usually my biggest critic regarding the content I put out, but with episode 9, I can wholeheartedly say: FUCK ME, this episode is good.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
No numbers for statics this week; I suppose the full numerical monty was too good to last. But we did get animation numbers and those are by far the more important. So I'm not going to complain.

DPC completed 12 animations this week, bringing his overall average up to roughly 7.6 animations per week since the Interlude launched. He also posed 16 animations and adjusted the estimated target up slightly to 316. If you prefer the visual format, here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, the render rate did increase, but the target number increased slightly as well. We're now looking at completing the final animations in the second half of November, just about where we were last week. I'd say that makes a December release extremely likely. There's always the possibility of it being a little early (or a little late), but I think things are starting to stabilize.. If we're lucky DPC will keep up the numbers so we'll know which way things are going down the home stretch.

As for the update itself, I'm definitely glad DPC is enthusiastic, that's what we want to see in a game with so many chapters left to write. But as I recall DPC was quite excited about Episode 7 and Episode 8 as they were nearing completion. Episode 7 was fantastic and Episode 8 was a big letdown (IMHO, obviously), so I think I'm going to keep my expectations in check and see what we get, when we finally get it.

Last edited:

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
In part, I think, because the OT thread has a lot of cross-game comparisons and general fun, but also because so many members of the main thread have been banned (some for seriously stupid-ass reasons - though my ban was fairly earned, I was a dick) so they can only participate in the OT thread. It's a more relaxed environment.

On the positive side, when the update does finally come out, it isn't going to be the OT thread spammed by 600 morons asking why their game is crashing (because they used mods) or where to download the latest version (which is always in the goddamn first post), so it may prove to be quite relaxing as this place goes from 10 or so posts a day to several thousand (like it did with episode 8).
Don't forget the ones asking for saves.
I'm very new here but even I am already tired of said posts :KEK: I'm also gonna add the "Sancho/Scrappy update mod pls" literally 10 mins after update has dropped :HideThePain:

It's probably even worse for BaDIK since this is the biggest game here.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
If DPC wants to avoid deaths in this one (he has said it's less dark than AL), then it's likely she'll be arrested for the drugs and prostitution because the cops get more evidence against her than Quinn. If there are deaths then it would be probably when Rio rolls over and incriminates Quinn for a deal with the cops (or is suspected of making a deal of she gets released) then the higher ups in the drugs trade may kill her, which may be the push for Quinn to turn against her family and move to the road of redemption.
people can definitely die in raunchy, college themed stories....

"you're my boy, Blue!"

• Sad
Reactions: shazba and LMMFAO

Zeruhhh

Oct 2, 2022
some old topics get reanimated even though nothing new can be said there (Bella's mental state, MC's heritage, who posted Cathy's photo etc.).
So the sooner the update comes the better for our mental health
Hmmm... on the bright side, it feels like I haven't seen my personal favorite regurgitated in quite some time: "Is James a vegetable being housed in Bella's locked room?" That being said, fingers crossed Episode 9 is released in a timely manner, otherwise I will undoubtedly see it again.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
If DPC wants to avoid deaths in this one (he has said it's less dark than AL), then it's likely she'll be arrested for the drugs and prostitution because the cops get more evidence against her than Quinn. If there are deaths then it would be probably when Rio rolls over and incriminates Quinn for a deal with the cops (or is suspected of making a deal of she gets released) then the higher ups in the drugs trade may kill her, which may be the push for Quinn to turn against her family and move to the road of redemption.
Or maybe Camila gets arrested, and Rio threatens to do something if Quinn doesn't pay her bail.....that would work too....

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Or maybe Camila gets arrested, and Rio threatens to do something if Quinn doesn't pay her bail.....that would work too....
Since the out-of-left theory suggests it was Camila's pregnancy test (due to her needing to use the restroom after drinking water, or so she said) I'd like to think it would be somebody else who gets busted.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
people can definitely die in raunchy, college themed stories....

"you're my boy, Blue!"
I'm not saying they can't. But DPC saying that this game will be "less dark" than AL which had one (very dark) death, but only the one makes it unlikely.
Also possible, but the blue van is tracking Rio not Cam, makes her the primary candidate for arrest, especially as she does seem capable of doing something too out in the open. We only see Quinn dealing when looking at a scene focused on Quinn. We see Rio dealing in the background of a scene focused on someone else, she's not clandestine enough about it. I'm not sure Cam is actually dealing drugs as well as being a prostitute, like Mel and Sarah, it appears that might only be Quinn and Rio.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
In part, I think, because the OT thread has a lot of cross-game comparisons and general fun, but also because so many members of the main thread have been banned (some for seriously stupid-ass reasons - though my ban was fairly earned, I was a dick) so they can only participate in the OT thread. It's a more relaxed environment.

On the positive side, when the update does finally come out, it isn't going to be the OT thread spammed by 600 morons asking why their game is crashing (because they used mods) or where to download the latest version (which is always in the goddamn first post), so it may prove to be quite relaxing as this place goes from 10 or so posts a day to several thousand (like it did with episode 8).
Hmm ... what if we just posted the link to the mod thread in response? Or would that be considered off-topic? Lol. There seriously needs to be some kind of pinned comment or some kind of "troubleshooting" section. Then again, I can see the dumbest people still somehow bypassing those and flooding the thread anyway.
Yea some of my posts get deleted from time to time for being off-topic while some don't even though they're pretty similar contents. Meanwhile, there was a literal bot that posted on this thread a few months ago that copied and pasted one of my comments then added a weird link to the end of it. When I reported it for removal, I got denied. :geek:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hmm ... what if we just posted the link to the mod thread in response? Or would that be considered off-topic? Lol. There seriously needs to be some kind of pinned comment or some kind of "troubleshooting" section. Then again, I can see the dumbest people still somehow bypassing those and flooding the thread anyway.
That's actually a pretty good idea. Though I'm a bitter sort. Had I the power, I'd just make a thread called "Dumbasses who modded their games and don't read the fucking directions", and I'd move every single one of those posts into that thread and out of the main, then give every one of them a 48 hour ban off the main thread to prevent re-spamming it.

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
No numbers for statics this week; I suppose the full numerical monty was too good to last. But we did get animation numbers and those are by far the more important. So I'm not going to complain.

DPC completed 12 animations this week, bringing his overall average up to roughly 7.6 animations per week since the Interlude launched. He also posed 16 animations and adjusted the estimated target up slightly to 316. If you prefer the visual format, here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, the render rate did increase, but the target number increased slightly as well. We're now looking at completing the final animations in the second half of November, just about where we were last week. I'd say that makes a December release extremely likely. There's always the possibility of it being a little early (or a little late), but I think things are starting to stabilize.. If we're lucky DPC will keep up the numbers so we'll know which way things are going down the home stretch.

As for the update itself, I'm definitely glad DPC is enthusiastic, that's what we want to see in a game with so many chapters left to write. But as I recall DPC was quite excited about Episode 7 and Episode 8 as they were nearing completion. Episode 7 was fantastic and Episode 8 was a big letdown (IMHO, obviously), so I think I'm going to keep my expectations in check and see what we get, when we finally get it.
I think someone on the off-topic thread said DPC usually only starts grabbing names for the Patreon credit screen when the release is about a month out. Still, he also said that rate of progress for it to be completed by late November is (paraphrasing) very doubtful.

Reactions: ename144

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
That's actually a pretty good idea. Though I'm a bitter sort. Had I the power, I'd just make a thread called "Dumbasses who modded their games and don't real the fucking directions", and I'd move every single one of those posts into that thread and out of the main, then give every one of them a 48 hour ban off the main thread to prevent re-spamming it.
LOL. I just end up putting those people on "ignore" anyway. They're most likely transient and are only there because the game crashed on them.
A separate thread isn't a bad idea though. Have it on the front page and literally title it, "PLS HELP! NEW EPISODE MAKES GAME CRASH!" with its own little section so people can't possibly miss it.

thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
I have a save for Isabelle route after the Interlude, but since my two favorite girls (Sage and Nicole) are not main LIs then I am afraid of getting into a dead end with no real LI, and it seems tedious redoing routes now that you have to decide for an LI starting episode 9 instead of having several save with divergent paths.

I am not in the mood of redoing the Interlude for secondary chars save if it will be meaningless at the end.

So has DPC confirmed if all characters independent of main or secondary status will get endings?

Last edited:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I have a save for Isabelle route after the Interlude, but since my two favorite girls (Sage and Nicole) are not main LIs then I am afraid of getting into a dead end with no real LI, and it seems tedious redoing routes now that you have to decide for an LI starting episode 9 instead of having several save with divergent paths.

I am not in the mood of redoing the Interlude for secondary chars save if it will be meaningless at the end.

So has DPC confirmed if all characters independent of main or secondary status will get endings?
Sage is a main LI, arguably she's THE main LI as she's the only LI you can get on DIK, CHICK or NEUTRAL affinity. If she's one of your two favourite girls then I don't know how you managed not to have her as a choice at end of ep 8.

You don't have to redo the interlude, you can skip it with just a single decision to make Zoey CHICK (don't throw phone) or DIK (throw phone).

There's been no confirmation as to whether there's endings for the secondary LIs but there is still an option for others at the end of ep 8 so there's still a possibility of endings for the likes of Nicole, Quinn, Cam, Lily and Rio.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I have a save for Isabelle route after the Interlude, but since my two favorite girls (Sage and Nicole) are not main LIs
As anonnyscouse pointed out, Sage is a main LI. there are 5. Josy, Maya, Sage, Bella, Jill.

But no, DPC hasn't confirmed anything about who is going to have special endings, the game is only (maybe) at the halfway mark, so it's going to be several years before we see the resolution.

When you consider how many possible ending outcomes there were for Acting Lessons, a much smaller game with fewer characters, it seems quite likely DPC will have a smorgasbord of endgame sequences to draw upon, when we get there.

thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
Sage is a main LI, arguably she's THE main LI as she's the only LI you can get on DIK, CHICK or NEUTRAL affinity. If she's one of your two favourite girls then I don't know how you managed not to have her as a choice at end of ep 8.

You don't have to redo the interlude, you can skip it with just a single decision to make Zoey CHICK (don't throw phone) or DIK (throw phone).

There's been no confirmation as to whether there's endings for the secondary LIs but there is still an option for others at the end of ep 8 so there's still a possibility of endings for the likes of Nicole, Quinn, Cam, Lily and Rio.
As anonnyscouse pointed out, Sage is a main LI. there are 5. Josy, Maya, Sage, Bella, Jill.

But no, DPC hasn't confirmed anything about who is going to have special endings, the game is only (maybe) at the halfway mark, so it's going to be several years before we see the resolution.

When you consider how many possible ending outcomes there were for Acting Lessons, a much smaller game with fewer characters, it seems quite likely DPC will have a smorgasbord of endgame sequences to draw upon, when we get there.
LOL! my bad I meant Jade not Sage :LOL::LOL::LOL:... but thanks for the information, I really didn't want to redo Interlude.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Sh0gvn ? :WaitWhat:

I've been posing animations, some static renders, and playtesting a lot this week.
I have 44 animations in the render queue and 252 completed ones.
I'm finishing up the lewd scene I've been working on this week. After that, I have a partial lewd scene left to pose a few animations for. Then I'm done with the planned art. I estimate that I have ~20 animations left to pose.
It will be a push, but I aim to complete what's left of the art in the upcoming week, and after that, I will test and polish like crazy while completing the remaining tasks and waiting for the PCs to render the animations in the queue.
Some of the remaining activities include:
  • Writing Bios for the episode
  • Fixing ending screens
  • Recapping the story in the intro section
  • Adding patrons to the credits section
Those tasks I mentioned shouldn't take more than a couple of days to add.
Before beta testing and proofreading can start, my personal playtests and the render time are the big things left.
Speaking of the credits section, I will lock the entries for v0.9.0 before next Friday. If you put your name as a comment before that, you will appear in the credits for Episode 9. If you already appeared in the Interlude or have commented on that post since you don't have to put your name on there again.
This week I played my game from start to finish for the first time since March. It's a helpful way for me to polish a new episode, and it's easier to feel how the new episode flows together with seasons 1 and 2.
It's always inspiring for me to do this, and each time I do it, I'm baffled by how big the game has become while knowing how much more of the story is left to tell.
Even though Season 3 is just starting, it feels complete in my head and notes. Ideas and scenes written four years ago will finally be a part of the playable game - to me, that's crazy.

I'm usually my biggest critic regarding the content I put out, but with episode 9, I can wholeheartedly say: FUCK ME, this episode is good.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Better animation speed than I expected. 12 per week... I think next Friday we will know the final number of animations and then we can talk about the exact release date. December remains the most likely.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, I feel the opposite. I think ep. 7 is fine (and the free roam party is great) and ep. 8 is great.

A lot of important and very important things finally happened in episode 8, so why is it a letdown? :unsure:

LOL! my bad I meant Jade not Sage :LOL::LOL::LOL:... but thanks for the information, I really didn't want to redo Interlude.
As they told you, you can skip the Interlude after your first gameplay. You should know it if you tried.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes