Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
The thing everyone forgets about the interlude is that DPC used it to test out the import saves system. If it didn't work he had plenty of time to work things out while starting the rendering for ep 9. I'd much prefer it as it is than ep 9 being released 2 months earlier but with an untested import system which could take months to fix.
Yeah i think that was one of the big reasons to release the interlude as a "standalone" episode.

But other than that... iam pretty sure, DPC just loves Zoey and write content for her, and wanted to do so a long time now. He even said it himself that it was a welcoming break from the being a DIK story itself and that he enjoyed making the interlude very much and writing for Zoey.

For making the importsystem and testing it, he could have done a very short Episode too... even without MC or any choices... only with side-characters.

for example.. i dont know, a review from the teachers about the midterms and some ridiculous answers just to have a little fun with it.

Like... ah did Dawe really wrote in his mid-term test: "i dont know what 1+1 is, i have a phone for that" He didnt have to write the whole interlude about Zoeys time in San Diego... it could be handled very well in Episode 9 just like the background story the MC tells Bella in the cafeteria... would have been more than enough. But he didnt, cause Zoey is his favorite i think. Well, no ti dont think so... iam sure of it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
It's just not one of those games. No incest, no harems, no futa, no bestiality (goblins are more humanoid than beast), no pissing, no scat, no pegging (almost, but no), no monsters, no aliens, no raping people in their sleep (Jill didn't count).

The kinkiest sexual thing to go down in this game is anal.

It's kinda just like, normal...
Rape while you sleep...Maya count? and later in the initiation with Quinn this is debatable :devilish: :ROFLMAO:
Lots of nameless girls sent to Steven also counts as rape as they go against his will...

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Is incest planned for game
DPC doesn't do incest, so no, it will 100% never happen.
It's kinda just like, normal...
If only people understood just how normal Riona was, maybe they'd work harder with their RL women. ;)
Rape while you sleep...Maya count?
No, MC wasn't having sex with her - and he woke up, he could have said no. He didn't.
and later in the initiation with Quinn this is debatable :devilish: :ROFLMAO:
Not really, for much the same reason. MC actually can say no and put an end to it. Whether or not you choose for your MC to do so, that's on you as a player, but the consent is implicit in both scenarios (Maya & Quinn).
Lots of nameless girls sent to Steven also counts as rape as they go against his will...
Again, no. There's never been any indication of how many of them have been "sent" to Burke, and the only real indication we've gotten as players was the scene with Mona, where she walked out.

The only evidence of any fuckin' without consent going on in this game is Tybalt's watermelon. And Jill's sleep humping.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yeah i think that was one of the big reasons to release the interlude as a "standalone" episode.

But other than that... iam pretty sure, DPC just loves Zoey and write content for her, and wanted to do so a long time now. He even said it himself that it was a welcoming break from the being a DIK story itself and that he enjoyed making the interlude very much and writing for Zoey.

For making the importsystem and testing it, he could have done a very short Episode too... even without MC or any choices... only with side-characters.

for example.. i dont know, a review from the teachers about the midterms and some ridiculous answers just to have a little fun with it.

Like... ah did Dawe really wrote in his mid-term test: "i dont know what 1+1 is, i have a phone for that" He didnt have to write the whole interlude about Zoeys time in San Diego... it could be handled very well in Episode 9 just like the background story the MC tells Bella in the cafeteria... would have been more than enough. But he didnt, cause Zoey is his favorite i think. Well, no ti dont think so... iam sure of it.
Another thing to understand is DPC didn't really get into creating the Interlude until around mid December last year, and he was still organising the release of the Steam and GOG versions of the game.

So while episode 8 was released around mid November, he worked on bug fixes, the game walkthrough, and the Steam and GOG releases for the next month, while slightly dabbling in the Interlude.

He then took time off for Christmas.

The Steam & GOG versions were released in early January, and he created another Q&A in late January as well. So basically after Episode 8, he spent just shy of two months testing, bug fixing, behind-the-scenes work in preparation for the Steam/GOG release and customer support (and he did find some time to work on the Interlude too). After all that, he then went 100% into developing the Interlude.

By mid January he'd finished most of the writing and half the renders.

Then he got COVID.

With a week or thereabouts he was back at it, and the end of Jan he was done with music, sound effects, and by early Feb all he had left to do was finish animations and polish.

And by mid Feb he was done, with only beta testing and proof reading to be completed. But a major factor of the beta testing was making sure the import stuff worked well. The game was released on March 4.

So if he really started in earnest around early Jan, and released around early March, subtract a week for COVID and a week for the unique testing that would have had to happen for episode 9 if the Interlude didn't exist, all in all, the Interlude took about a month and a half to complete.

If he released it as a shorter prologue like many other episodes have, he may have saved a month. Not really that big a deal.

I think the biggest issue we're seeing with his development is his desire to add more and more extended animations (at least a third of the Interlude development time looks to have been animations), and we're seeing the same trend with episode 9... :unsure:

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
DPC doesn't do incest, so no, it will 100% never happen.
If only people understood just how normal Riona was, maybe they'd work harder with their RL women. ;)

No, MC wasn't having sex with her - and he woke up, he could have said no. He didn't.
Not really, for much the same reason. MC actually can say no and put an end to it. Whether or not you choose for your MC to do so, that's on you as a player, but the consent is implicit in both scenarios (Maya & Quinn).
Again, no. There's never been any indication of how many of them have been "sent" to Burke, and the only real indication we've gotten as players was the scene with Mona, where she walked out.

The only evidence of any fuckin' without consent going on in this game is Tybalt's watermelon. And Jill's sleep humping.
Sage exposes her "stepfather" at that party saying that he is licking asses of young girls. In summary this is not new for Sage and if MC pulls the thread at the end of chapter 8 he reaches two conclusions Sage is helping Burke or Sage is the woman stupidest in the game, Quinn, Burke, Chad .... She never realizes anything theoretically ,we just have to wait and see what happens.

But I'm still looking for the third glory hole, does anyone know where it is? o_O

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Sage exposes her "stepfather" at that party saying that he is licking asses of young girls. In summary this is not new for Sage and if MC pulls the thread at the end of chapter 8 he reaches two conclusions Sage is helping Burke or Sage is the woman stupidest in the game, Quinn, Burke, Chad .... She never realizes anything theoretically ,we just have to wait and see what happens.

But I'm still looking for the third glory hole, does anyone know where it is? o_O
You may have your wires crossed a bit. Sage was saying her dad was sucking up to other business men at the party (trying to get more business for himself). She never mentioned him in regards to other girls asses.

Rape while you sleep...Maya count? and later in the initiation with Quinn this is debatable :devilish: :ROFLMAO:
It was consensual. My mc consented in his sleep. :sneaky:

But to be honest, I deliberately didn't say there wasn't any rape, just the sleep rape shit that goes on in so many creepy games here. Rape is possible, but it won't be the mc who is doing it.

• Haha
Reactions: ffive and myukimo

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
You may have your wires crossed a bit. Sage was saying her dad was sucking up to other business men at the party (trying to get more business for himself). She never mentioned him in regards to other girls asses.

It was consensual. My mc consented in his sleep. :sneaky:

But to be honest, I deliberately didn't say there wasn't any rape, just the sleep rape shit that goes on in so many creepy games here. Rape is possible, but it won't be the mc who is doing it.
That's why I said it was debatable if you are Dik well if there is no rape but if you are Chik MC exposes everything and says that it goes against his own will. Then MC gains popularity for his "magic cock" and many girls are interested in him just for rumors. Although MC have to be careful with Sarah because in chapter 8 she gave a lot to think about Sarah's recording, Possible blackmail, or MC becomes the glory hole star without earning benefits and Sarah earning money at her expense? :unsure:
Also that scene may not be anything since it adds a character from another game and maybe it's just a bonus scene and that's it :ROFLMAO:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Another thing to understand is DPC didn't really get into creating the Interlude until around mid December last year, and he was still organising the release of the Steam and GOG versions of the game.

So while episode 8 was released around mid November, he worked on bug fixes, the game walkthrough, and the Steam and GOG releases for the next month, while slightly dabbling in the Interlude.

He then took time off for Christmas.

The Steam & GOG versions were released in early January, and he created another Q&A in late January as well. So basically after Episode 8, he spent just shy of two months testing, bug fixing, behind-the-scenes work in preparation for the Steam/GOG release and customer support (and he did find some time to work on the Interlude too). After all that, he then went 100% into developing the Interlude.

By mid January he'd finished most of the writing and half the renders.

Then he got COVID.

With a week or thereabouts he was back at it, and the end of Jan he was done with music, sound effects, and by early Feb all he had left to do was finish animations and polish.

And by mid Feb he was done, with only beta testing and proof reading to be completed. But a major factor of the beta testing was making sure the import stuff worked well. The game was released on March 4.

So if he really started in earnest around early Jan, and released around early March, subtract a week for COVID and a week for the unique testing that would have had to happen for episode 9 if the Interlude didn't exist, all in all, the Interlude took about a month and a half to complete.

If he released it as a shorter prologue like many other episodes have, he may have saved a month. Not really that big a deal.

I think the biggest issue we're seeing with his development is his desire to add more and more extended animations (at least a third of the Interlude development time looks to have been animations), and we're seeing the same trend with episode 9... :unsure:

The interlude had 794 renders and 36 animations... the writing was not complex... and branching wasnt really there too. So yeah, considering that, to make _only_ the interlude would have taken 1-2 months nothing more... thats not a thing to complain about regarding the release of episode 9 i think. And i think the renders and animations were more likely done sideways, i think DPC was way more busy setting everything up for the "new" system and such...

But other than that... i just dont like Zoey, the interlude was not interesting in any way, and we learned only that she cant surf, graduated, realised that she loves the MC more than she thought and met boring people in San Diego from whom i dont even remember their names and dont want to see them again...

Well that could have been handled in 3-4 lines during epsiode 9 too :D

So i would have prefered a short "Interlude" about some other sidecharacters... or maybe a Main-LI too... i mean, we get a whole interlude with 794 renders about Zoey, but for the maingirls so far... most of the time we only can guess what they where doing before college started... and well even during the time this game goes we almost can only guess whats going on with them cause the MC cant ask questions for shit like... "hey whats your name Sage?" "Burke, why?" *puke*

ihak

May 16, 2018
Wait holy shit, I just noticed that part of MCs SHITFACED shirt is written in swedish, and it just says "knew you would translate this". Is DPC connected to sweden in any way or is it just because it's an obscure language?

• Haha
Reactions: allanl9020142

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The interlude had 794 renders and 36 animations... the writing was not complex... and branching wasnt really there too. So yeah, considering that, to make _only_ the interlude would have taken 1-2 months nothing more... thats not a thing to complain about regarding the release of episode 9 i think. And i think the renders and animations were more likely done sideways, i think DPC was way more busy setting everything up for the "new" system and such...

But other than that... i just dont like Zoey, the interlude was not interesting in any way, and we learned only that she cant surf, graduated, realised that she loves the MC more than she thought and met boring people in San Diego from whom i dont even remember their names and dont want to see them again...

Well that could have been handled in 3-4 lines during epsiode 9 too :D

So i would have prefered a short "Interlude" about some other sidecharacters... or maybe a Main-LI too... i mean, we get a whole interlude with 794 renders about Zoey, but for the maingirls so far... most of the time we only can guess what they where doing before college started... and well even during the time this game goes we almost can only guess whats going on with them cause the MC cant ask questions for shit like... "hey whats your name Sage?" "Burke, why?" *puke*
I definitely agree that it doesn't feel like the Interlude needed to be so long.

Previous episodes have hit us with a bomb at the end, and then the next episode has a prologue to fill in the gaps. Definitely the same could have been done, and a 2 minute prologue with the mc waiving her off, her bouncing around San Diego and then her returning, with no animations, one or two music tracks, and maybe 50 renders would have been enough.

My guess is DPC wanted to make a strong impact with Zoey since she's got a lot of catching up to do when compared to the other LIs. But it backfired for some people.

I don't care either way. I enjoyed it, and after replaying it a few months later for the second time, I enjoyed it even more (still not as good as the main game though).

I'm also not hanging out for any back stories of other characters (except to learn Bella's secrets - but it's obviously not time to expose that as an "Interlude"), so I don't have any preference for anything else to be covered in the Interlude.

Regarding surnames, I don't think I've ever asked a girl her last name until it was necessary. In school, college (uni for me) or at work, you might catch someone's surname from a role call or obviously from email or a business card, but worst case, some girls I didn't find out their surnames until I met their parents. It's not like we live in an incestuous world where we've got to be on the lookout in case we fuck a long lost sister or something.

So in this game, I'd expect the mc to have already seen (but not given a shit about) the surnames of students in his class, and that's about it.

I don't buy it that just because we don't know his mom's surname, he doesn't either. But regarding Sage, they don't share classes, so there's no reason to know her surname.

You just don't go running around asking hot girls for their business cards. :p

And the only time I started seriously typing women's full names into my phone was when I got married.

"Candice Smith (florist)"

Looks a lot less suspicious on your phone than:

"Candy"

Mrs Shazba: "Hey Fuckface, who's this 'Candy' on your phone? :mad:"​
Shazba: "Umm, err, would you believe she's the new mechanic? :whistle:"​
Mrs Shazba: "Oh, ok."​

Shazba: ":sneaky:"​
Wait holy shit, I just noticed that part of MCs SHITFACED shirt is written in swedish, and it just says "knew you would translate this". Is DPC connected to sweden in any way or is it just because it's an obscure language?
Yeah, he lives in Sweden.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Regarding surnames, I don't think I've ever asked a girl her last name until it was necessary. In school, college (uni for me) or at work, you might catch someone's surname from a role call or obviously from email or a business card, but worst case, some girls I didn't find out their surnames until I met their parents. It's not like we live in an incestuous world where we've got to be on the lookout in case we fuck a long lost sister or something.
Well, yeah... you are right about that... but let me ask you, how many times do you met a girl that claimed that her parents have enough influence on the college to help a friend to get a free tuition? :D If that is not a reason to ask about a surname... what is? Other than getting married ;) Or at least ask... "hey sage why do you think your parents can help?" "duh, they run this college, Burke, you know the burkes?" :D

There was a reason why i picked Sage for the "surname" issue... others complain about Jill for example, but yeah... doesnt really matter that she is a Royce? So what. and for all the others... the surname doesnt matter too... well, so far...

And yeah there was no point in asking Sage that UNTIL the end of episode 8 that is... but in this case? Just running around blindly like a headless chicken again instead of asking at least one meaningful question... sometimes... well... head meets table. If you get what i mean.

But well, it is what it is... and we will get the conclusion in episode 9 for that... will be a funny scene for sure. Especially if you fucked Jade... iam so gonna play that route first... have a playthough where iam sages fuckbuddy and bang Jade, this will be fun :D

And i noticed DPC has a thing to play around with "name dropping" and make funny business with surnames here and there...

Reactions: shazba

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

Hey hey hey... You dont think the melon loves Tybalt back? Come on... he even gave her panties! Iam sure the melon appreciated it very much... i mean, look how wet she is! No woman who doesnt want to have sex with you is that wet... :D

But Jills humping... yeah that was nasty no doubt... would be traumatized for life... (that she didnt wake up and going all the way for real instead of leaving me blue balled)

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
and he looks like this...

as shazba said, he lives in sweden... doesnt made a secret out of it.

Reactions: ihak
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes