Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
The amount of salt on this thread is mindblowing...

A little reminder to 99.99% of the population of this thread (myself included) that we are pirates and therefore, not the official public to whom the game is made for.

Sure you can disagree with the guy on certain points, I certainly do.
For example, I think that his stuborness in doing everything by himself at this point of developpment is basically self-harm and I think that he keeps getting sidetracked on the last stretch of each release too.

But I am not hypocritical enough to assume that the game he makes is something that I'm OWED.
I'm not one of his patreons, my voice/opinion means nothing to him and that's absolutely a normal thing.

So many are acting as if they're the public for this game but never forget that you're not.
I'm not happy that I have to wait more but I'm not being a cunt about it at least.

DPC takes his first vacation in years (a very small one at that) and makes a status update about having more work before being done with release and suddenly there's a whole horde of idiots calling a money-crazed goblin...

I'm no simp to him, as I've said I do have some gripes with his work methods but I do admire his work in the end.
Acting Lessons is a very good game for a first attempt at making a game and BADIK, (HIS SECOND GAME!) is literally the best game on this site.
The branching of the story is also something that many of the people here seem to have forgotten (though at the time people were not complaigning at all)... Yes the developpment time has skyrocketted since episode 8 because of it and yes it is worth being patient for.

Y'all are acting like ingrates whining like fucking babies that want an out of stock toy on the shelf of the supermarket...

You want to critique the game or the developpment ? Fine.

Just do it while at the very least respecting thework of the guy you're stealing...
DPC doesn't own us or anyone a thing it is his game and no matter how it takes he is one of the best if not the best dev here. That being there isn't anything wrong with wanting faster updates. Most people agree the sweet spot is between the size of Eps 7-8 and if that meant having to do more Eps I don't think anyone would be upset with that

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019
DPC doesn't own us or anyone a thing it is his game and no matter how it takes he is one of the best if not the best dev here. That being there isn't anything wrong with wanting faster updates. Most people agree the sweet spot is between the size of Eps 7-8 and if that meant having to do more Eps I don't think anyone would be upset with that
I would take EP10 like EPS7-8 with a little bit more quality(Just because DPC wants MORE) over EP9 any day

LoneWaker59

May 16, 2020
Y'all are acting like ingrates whining like fucking babies that want an out of stock toy on the shelf of the supermarket...

You want to critique the game or the developpment ? Fine.

Just do it while at the very least respecting thework of the guy you're stealing...
I don't subscribe to Patreon for any game but I like to support the dev when the game comes out on Steam and play until I complete all the achievements, you know you can support beyond Patreon, right?

I don't think that only those who support it have the right to complain, otherwise this forum wouldn't have communication but only the downloadable game and that's it, you fanboys of VN content creators are quite stressed...

Season 1 = Feb 2020;
Season 2 = Jan 2022;
Season 3 = likely early 2025...

DPC is always updating his computer with 50 RTX 4090 Ti and even so the chapters take longer than the previous one to come out LOL

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
That's an extreme stretch. She's definitely a stubborn arsehole, and has a bunch of issues due to her upbringing, but I really don't feel "psychopath" or "narcissist" really apply to her. She likes people who fight her to much to be a narcissist, and while there are moments she comes across as a psychopath, there's enough hints that's just part of her front.
Not really, she is very much a text book case. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if DPC actually read up a bit about both and designed her after what that. :LOL:

TremoloBD992

Jan 1, 2023
after ep10 come out i wont come to reddit or here or dont think about avns in general for at least a year , i hoped that after he did "core of the season" with ep9 we will have updates 2 a year ( or 7 months time ) but no , even he started really good and at the time he started doing clone series it feels like he slowed down A LOT

I mean this game is amazing , it feel real and it have something for everyone ( romance , playboy lifestyle , kinky stuff , mistery ) , i will play it but after this episode i just dont want to feel optimistic about faster release circle and dont want to throw my money and time at this

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019
after ep10 come out i wont come to reddit or here or dont think about avns in general for at least a year , i hoped that after he did "core of the season" with ep9 we will have updates 2 a year ( or 7 months time ) but no , even he started really good and at the time he started doing clone series it feels like he slowed down A LOT

I mean this game is amazing , it feel real and it have something for everyone ( romance , playboy lifestyle , kinky stuff , mistery ) , i will play it but after this episode i just dont want to feel optimistic about faster release circle and dont want to throw my money and time at this
I don't pay for unfinished product, in that case only early access because it'll give me the updates and the final product because i supported the Dev when needed with early access(BG3). But paying him monthly ? No dude no way, and i believe with his attitude no one should right now.
This Update doesn't even give us a clue when is it gonna come out or event how much is the progress he wrote it like a fuckin diary

always86

Mar 19, 2020
All calculations have to take into account the testing and bugfixing tho, and with all this branching it can take a while. If he's done by the middle of September, expect an early October release
Yes October is possible. Beta testing normally takes him 10 days to two weeks. So that would still fit in the September window if he isn’t adding to much more in regards to animations.

The main frustration I’d have with October is that anything other than the first Friday would mean it’s taken him longer for this episode than 9. That’s despite the issues he had in episode 9s production, like the music issue, the family death, and the rogue seller he got all stressed about. With his upgrades that should have also made things quicker And he also said he’d pre-programmed some of the mini-games so IMO taking longer would disappointing, hell taking the same amount of time would be as well.

The part that he "still has important scenes to create" threw me a little. DPC seems to be lost in the very mind map he created for Ep.10. He might say next week he needs 2000 more renders. You can't trust if these 1000 renders will be enough. I bet the update for October.
Yes, I’ll be optimistic and presume the ‘important scenes are among the 20’. And that even if he is wrong by 50% and needs 1500 still renders, this could theoretically be done for a September release.

That all said I think the window has moved from early September to late, and the slim chance of August has gone altogether.

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
Guys, if Sage has no previews, it means Episode 10 will be HUGE for her story (Fuckface and her will still act like fuckbuddies and will have a threesome with a Pink Rose stripper)

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
The problem is that after he came back from vacation, he didn't really work, he was testing and looking at his flowchart.... It was quite difficult for him to start working again after his vacation and he probably decided to extend his vacation. Actually I expected something like that, gaming is more of a hobby than a job after all and he can have a little time off after his vacation.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The problem is that after he came back from vacation, he didn't really work, he was testing and looking at his flowchart.... It was quite difficult for him to start working again after his vacation and he probably decided to extend his vacation. Actually I expected something like that, gaming is more of a hobby than a job after all and he can have a little time off after his vacation.
he can have all the holiday he wants without even having to tell about it....

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes