SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah, those kinds of psychological links can be hard to break. The last two to three years have been tough for a lot of people. I would say it was a "dark" time for me, too, though I have a good job and a loving family. But I lost a couple of relatives and a few friends to COVID and the world got scarier, which tends to happen whenever people get scared. I also felt games like this helped me escape during that period, so my association is more gratitude, I think. Ultimately, BaDIK is like a long-running TV series. Just because life is returning to normal in many ways doesn't mean I'll stop watching. But I definitely spend less time here on F95 than when I discovered it in 2020.

Thank you for your response and your understanding; it means a lot. I'm really sorry for your loss during COVID. I was fortunate enough to not lose any of my relatives specifically to COVID, so I sometimes tend to forget that others weren't so lucky.

I believe that we all choose how we look at things and there are always many different perspectives on everything in life. And as I need to admit, your perspective on looking at BaDIK with gratitude is a lot better and even healthier than mine. I will try to look at it in this way from now on. Also, taking BaDIK as a long-running TV series is great. I just hope it will turn out better than Game of Thrones. That one really hurt me.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
One: Quinn's flashbacks of her life as a kid with her father by her side. If he were still alive and in a known location, Quinn would visit the man instead of remembering him. That's the logical approach at least.
if we don't see something happening doesn't mean it doesn't happen, especially if that narratively is meant to bring some surprise

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
if we don't see something happening doesn't mean it doesn't happen, especially if that narratively is meant to bring some surprise
That's a good point. But if that were the case here, don't you find her flashbacks about her childhood at the drug den with her dad at least a bit out of place? I mean, maybe it's only me who sees it like that, but if I were in her shoes and were seeing my father with some regularity, why would I need to periodically remember the milestones of my upbringing by the old man? Isn't that kind of nostalgic, the kind of thing you do when you no longer can see and speak to that person?

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
That's a good point. But if that were the case here, don't you find her flashbacks about her childhood at the drug den with her dad at least a bit out of place? I mean, maybe it's only me who sees it like that, but if I were in her shoes and were seeing my father with some regularity, why would I need to periodically remember the milestones of my upbringing by the old man? Isn't that kind of nostalgic, the kind of thing you do when you no longer can see and speak to that person?
This is a philosophical question. Although this is not surprising for this wonderful highly intelligent forum. I don't think it necessarily has to be memories of the deceased. Perhaps she just comes to mind some moments from childhood. It happens to me. Sometimes unexpectedly.

Reactions: Jumbi

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
suppose Quinn's father is in jail, either in the hospital or in a rehabilitation center, having Quinn visit him might be something DPC wants to play out further down the line (like the truth about Bella's husband).

then we're talking about 2 memories, one of which is not even necessarily a visualization of what Quinn is thinking at that moment, but could be a simple flashback at the beginning of the chapter that serves us to understand why Quinn knows Buddy and those places

Reactions: Jumbi and KАRАMBA

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
If Quinn's father is in jail it could be that he's out of state so Quinn can't visit him.

Putting tinfoil hat on maybe he is witness protection so for all intents and purposes he's dead. For some reason Quinn couldn't go with him when he went into protection and she's now working to try and bring down the people who want her father dead so he can come out of protection. If she's doing it without actually involving the police until she can provide the information needed then it would explain why she is doing illegal things.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jumbi

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
If she's doing it without actually involving the police until she can provide the information needed then it would explain why she is doing illegal things.
The police may know and turn a blind eye to some minor crimes, such as selling weed. As for the brothel and pimping, the organizer of this is most likely not Quinn. She only performs the duties of an administrator.

• Angry
Reactions: dalli_x

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
This is a philosophical question. Although this is not surprising for this wonderful highly intelligent forum. I don't think it necessarily has to be memories of the deceased. Perhaps she just comes to mind some moments from childhood. It happens to me. Sometimes unexpectedly.
You made me laugh with the part in bold. :D Not because I doubt there are highly intelligent people here; I have the suspicion that you yourself are quite more insightful that you let others know with your frequent humorous posts. I don't consider myself highly intelligent, though. But I appreciate it the same, dude. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: KАRАMBA

RohMadden

May 10, 2023
ut Lily, she is a first-year student. Shouldn't she be the same age as other fresh students?
It's the beautiful thing about college, You can be 18 in your first year but that doesn't mean that everyone is, I remember in my first year of college I had a classmate, an older man who started studying to teach his son a lesson that he could graduate first than him

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes