Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Hahaha! You almost got me! Of course you're on his payroll! Nobody would be so naive, bordering the pathetic, to believe in all that crap. Or... Wait... Maybe you're just him, DPC himself! Dood! Go back to work! You're late on your schedule! People are stopping to take you seriously!
I wish I was on his payroll. Could do with the extra cash. Also the things I have said aren't naive. Just know what I am talking about. But if that is your rebuttal then you clearly fall in the category of "Don't know what they are talking about slash salty troll.". So interacting with you is akin to talking to a particularly dense brick wall. Bring me a reasonable argument. That is all I asked, yet you couldn't. *Shrug*

nuzzyfipples

Jun 20, 2023
Apart from the 2d art you get to unlock on your phone, everything is just him
IMO, that 2D art is the worst part of the game. Surely I'm not the only one that feels that way.
It's fine on its own as just fanart, it just feels very out of place in this game. I'd rather have some good renders up there hanging on my wall instead.

Last edited:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023

View attachment 2824424
This week I focused on lewd scenes. I mainly worked on animations and some static renders as I completed two lewd scenes for different girls. After that, I completed static renders for two shorter scenes, and that's where I'm at today.

I'm down to 11 events on my episode flowchart that I discussed in last week's update. Looking at it, the writing and art of all events of the first half of the episode should now be complete; the remaining events are in the second half.

Three of the remaining events are of a shorter kind; the other eight are medium to long.

Next week, I will work on a different main girl branch and start by playing and writing some planned content. After that, I will likely work on lewd scenes again to further extend my animation queue.

I didn't get my needed PC parts this week because of a shipping delay. Hopefully, they will be here next week.

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
It doesn't sound as apocalyptic as it seems at first glance. There are 11 scenes left, and 3 of those scenes are short and he'll probably have time to finish them next week with 8 scenes left. Assuming he does 2 scenes a week and the longest scene in a week (350 renders), that leaves about 5 weeks. Will add a couple more weeks for animation. The estimated start time of the beta test is September 25, and the game's release is October 13. This is of course all the usual speculation, but I think I'm pretty close to reality. Late October seems like a realistic release date to me.

Reactions: dav3knight

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
tbf DPC does work constantly. His problem is that he demands every chapter has to have more in it than the previous. Though when his machines are full pelt rendering all those scenes. I would have told him to go out and relax for a while.It is time consuming stuff.
I think he does enjoy stuffing every episode with any and all content he can think of, but at this point he has little choice. With all the branching and characters, even a smaller episode is going to take more time. And if he cuts back on content or quality too much, fans will be even more disappointed, as it was all the rich content that brought them to the game in the first place.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I think he does enjoy stuffing every episode with any and all content he can think of, but at this point he has little choice. With all the branching and characters, even a smaller episode is going to take more time. And if he cuts back on content or quality too much, fans will be even more disappointed, as it was all the rich content that brought them to the game in the first place.
It's the snowball effect, for sure. He wants to do more and more with each episode. But, alas, that means a longer development time with each passing update. He stated he wants to be the best in the AVN game. But to do that you have to keep pushing and pushing. The only downside to his work ethic is that he refuses to hire people and wants to do it alone. No reason to believe he can't. The sales, the updates and weekly progress are evident of this. However even just having a person on the payroll to do the marketing, or coding etc would take a load off of his mind to work more efficiently. But, as they say, "If wishes were fishes the world would be an ocean."

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It doesn't sound as apocalyptic as it seems at first glance. There are 11 scenes left, and 3 of those scenes are short and he'll probably have time to finish them next week with 8 scenes left. Assuming he does 2 scenes a week and the longest scene in a week (350 renders), that leaves about 5 weeks. Will add a couple more weeks for animation. The estimated start time of the beta test is September 25, and the game's release is October 13. This is of course all the usual speculation, but I think I'm pretty close to reality. Late October seems like a realistic release date to me.
This week he did 4 so 2-3 scenes maybe more seems realistic that can be done 3-5 weeks if it holds. I hope your right about the date Josy would be a great early birthday present :love::love::love:

Pussylickerooo

Apr 11, 2020

View attachment 2824424
This week I focused on lewd scenes. I mainly worked on animations and some static renders as I completed two lewd scenes for different girls. After that, I completed static renders for two shorter scenes, and that's where I'm at today.

I'm down to 11 events on my episode flowchart that I discussed in last week's update. Looking at it, the writing and art of all events of the first half of the episode should now be complete; the remaining events are in the second half.

Three of the remaining events are of a shorter kind; the other eight are medium to long.

Next week, I will work on a different main girl branch and start by playing and writing some planned content. After that, I will likely work on lewd scenes again to further extend my animation queue.

I didn't get my needed PC parts this week because of a shipping delay. Hopefully, they will be here next week.

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
We pretty much know where we’re at.

• based on last weeks update, some of the remaining 11 events have at least partially completed writing and art so they’re not all started from scratch
  • longest remaining scene required 350-400 static renders, which will basically eat it’s own status update, but at least we know none of the events will take weeks to make (ie. no big free-roams)
  • 3 are short, and short means short… these could be done in a single update
  • 7 remaining scenes range from medium to long, based on the longest remaining event and some partially done work… let’s say 1.5-2 can be be done in a week
  • beta testing takes around 2 weeks and he likes to release episodes on Fridays
There’s no minigames or other big stuff left to do that should require his attention, and he just had a vacation, so he should be working on these events without distraction. The only things that could stall dev time are sickness or change of heart on a couple events to make them longer than planned, but given the size of the remaining events it can’t be too egregious. We really shouldn’t see painful extra month added out of nowhere.

Sounds to me like 8 weeks is a possibility. Wouldn’t expect it to slip to more than 10.

Release on a Friday would be either September 29th, October 6th or October 13th.

That’s where my expectation is based on what we know. Let’s forget about the December talk at least

ibear1992 original poster in reddit

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Did you mention this site?
toobad0912: As a longtime supporter, I can reliably say that DPC is a bit of a control freak, to put it mildly. I'm guessing you didn't read the rules on the Discord, which I think would have warned you about a few things. One is that you NEVER make any mention of any pirate sites, like F95, and don't bring up anything you might have read or seen on the BaDIK sub on Reddit, etc. Questions and discussion about the game itself, bug reports, and friendly chitchat are about all that's allowed. While some AVN developers do this for fun and are happy to make any money along the way, DPC is all about the Benjamins. He takes the view that any acknowledgement of the game outside Patreon, Steam, or GOG "hurts his business." I don't blame him, as he quit his day job a few years ago to focus on game development full-time, but it also seems likely that a lot of people who discover the game here do go on to support him or buy the game (ironically, it seems the angriest trolls who complain about the length of game development time are those who have never and will never pay anything).

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
toobad0912: As a longtime supporter, I can reliably say that DPC is a bit of a control freak, to put it mildly. I'm guessing you didn't read the rules on the Discord, which I think would have warned you about a few things. One is that you NEVER make any mention of any pirate sites, like F95, and don't bring up anything you might have read or seen on the BaDIK sub on Reddit, etc. Questions and discussion about the game itself, bug reports, and friendly chitchat are about all that's allowed. While some AVN developers do this for fun and are happy to make any money along the way, DPC is all about the Benjamins. He takes the view that any acknowledgement of the game outside Patreon, Steam, or GOG "hurts his business." I don't blame him, as he quit his day job a few years ago to focus on game development full-time, but it also seems likely that a lot of people who discover the game here do go on to support him or buy the game (ironically, it seems the angriest trolls who complain about the length of game development time are those who have never and will never pay anything).
Some one who can think rationally. Hurrah, knew there had to be more on this forum.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
I don't know if there are any fans of Witcher games or Cyberpunk 2077 here, but the same thing is happening on CDPR official Discord servers. Full of egoistic CMs and their selectively picked moderators who are the best examples of what control freaks can achieve in place of any power. This came to the point of me and my mates proving that CMs are actually favouring their moderator friends in official polls and stuff.

My point being, I guess there is always a little madness in that huge creative process. And by playing his creation, the time between each chapter becoming bigger and me being similar in that regard, I guess that DPC is a huge perfectionist. That thing, in combination with the ability to control and censor, is the main cause of what we're seeing.

IMO, it's not a good thing; it sucks. Yet we're in no position to do anything about it. So as long as the end product is going to be of the quality that I expect from his previous game and previous chapters, I accept this thing as a necessary evil.

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
IMO, that 2D art is the worst part of the game. Surely I'm not the only one that feels that way.
It's fine on its own as just fanart, it just feels very out of place in this game. I'd rather have some good renders up there hanging on my wall instead.
I agree that it's the worst part of the game, but not because it feels out of place. It's because he hired a shitty 2D artist (FlowerXL).
If I had the money to commission a good 2D artist and the know-how to mod replacement images in, I would.
I'd love to see art of the BaDIK girls by someone like Zet13, CherryGig, Fuckit, or QueenComplex!

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Seems like a bizarre objection, since Reddit is just another place to discuss the game. Weird guy.
DPC is rather opinionated and has quite the ego. Reddit, like here, is full of people trying to tell him what to do. Or, at least, what that particular fan wants to see. DPC is also the guy who said "This is my project and my vision". So he made the decision to cut out a lot of the salty trolls (like the guy who thinks I am on the payroll LOL). His attitude doesn't serve him well. But it, seemingly, doesn't deter his 11k patreon subs nor the millions he made through Steam. So, as long as he sees the results I doubt he will see the need to change. So, yes, it can be seen as weird yet also justified, in his view, at the same time.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I don't know if there are any fans of Witcher games or Cyberpunk 2077 here, but the same thing is happening on CDPR official Discord servers. Full of egoistic CMs and their selectively picked moderators who are the best examples of what control freaks can achieve in place of any power. This came to the point of me and my mates proving that CMs are actually favouring their moderator friends in official polls and stuff.
Yep and I'd expand on this a bit with that developer. I didn't buy CP2077 but I own all the Witcher games on Steam. I've seen a ton of censorship and conversation suppression by their moderators on both CDPR forums and Steam - their key censorship czar is a dude named "Sardukhar". If he doesn't like your opinion, he will absolutely get rid of your post and if you say anything you will be gone as well. Their moderation teams are a key reason I will never buy a game from CDPR again, even though I'm a Witcher superfan. Everything from that developer will be a permanent high seas exclusive as far as I'm concerned.

As far as DPC...yeah. I used to be on his Patreon. He's the reason I found my way to F95 in the first place (I mean that literally). After my interaction with him I'll never buy anything from him again, either. Not for the reasons as CDPR above, but because he's just an asshole. I like BaD and all (Acting Lessons kinda sucked), but the dude is just a jerk and I'm not giving money to someone like that; as others noted I will buy other games from developers who are friendly toward the community and don't try to control every aspect of it.

Last edited:

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Seems like a bizarre objection, since Reddit is just another place to discuss the game. Weird guy.
He wanted to own/be the sole moderator of the subreddit and when the creator of the sub refused, he declared it haram or verboten or whatever you want to call it. If the sub were called "BeingaDIKfans" maybe he wouldn't have made such a fuss? I don't know. Like most artists and driven entrepreneurs, he wants to control all the communication and marketing around his product. It may not be very realistic, but he can handle it however he likes.

• Haha
Reactions: YeOldeWanker

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
He wanted to own/be the sole moderator of the subreddit and when the creator of the sub refused, he declared it haram or verboten or whatever you want to call it. If the sub were called "BeingaDIKfans" maybe he wouldn't have made such a fuss? I don't know. Like most artists and driven entrepreneurs, he wants to control all the communication and marketing around his product. It may not be very realistic, but he can handle it however he likes.
DPC wasn't objecting to discussion of the game, he was complaining about paywalled content regularly being posted on the subreddit.
been rumbled! :eek:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Obviously they didn't let DPC assume control, but I believe the moderators were more rigorous about not allowing paywalled content after this? Don't follow reddit, so don't know for sure though.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes