Murgus

May 17, 2018
Oh my god...
I was talking about something else entirely.
I don't give a shit who Fuckface loved there. He can love anyone.
The question is , what interesting things can Josy 's storyline reveal to us ? The answer is simple - nothing. Zero.
Even Maya is an interesting character because there is an unresolved intrigue.
How to resolve her conflict with Patrick and the loan ?! But we don't even expect anything from Josy. She has no problems.
You sound a lot like Quinn. Either way Quinn has nothing except problems which is quite uninteresting to me, but to each their own.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
So DPC will add a corruption route to Jill or are you just theorizing? I can't say that I'm a fan of that. It's enough that you will likely get the option to cheat on her with her best friend (if you are a cold bastard). Also corruption plots in these kinds of games can be very "adult gamish", i.e. unrealistic as many games on this sites are. Not that DPC can't pull something like that off but targeting Jill just because she is gentle doesn't make sense to me, and having her cheat on the MC would make even less sense. In that case it makes more sense to give Sage an NTR path. But my impression from DPC is that he neither likes nor writes any NTR for love interests. Even Zoeys story got retconned so that she never had a boyfriend in the interlude.
Zoey wasn't a retcon, the MC just misinterpreted the picture. Saying it's a retcon would be like Josy having a boyfriend was retconed to Maya in episode three. This kind of one sided miscommunication happens a lot in this game. I called the Zoey one before it happened, it should be around here somewhere.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Zoey wasn't a retcon, the MC just misinterpreted the picture. Saying it's a retcon would be like Josy having a boyfriend was retconed to Maya in episode three. This kind of one sided miscommunication happens a lot in this game. I called the Zoey one before it happened, it should be around here somewhere.
the one in the Zoey photo is not a communication problem, but a scam, a lie.

Emma posts her photo talking about how she stole her boyfriend, it's not clear yet but MC probably believes her (how naive to think that someone she had sex with could have other men...), but she didn't misunderstand anything

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
But her existence was meaningless. Now she has a purpose.

Maya and her tution crap is Josy's biggest problem at the moment. Toxic relationships are her problem, she was depressed and was about to run away until the MC finally scratched his balls and came to calm her down over the weekend. Just because it was in the first chapter a long time ago doesn't make it any less significant for the story.
Ok, each of us will still have his own opinion. I think, and I am sure, that Josy is a boring character in the context of the game. But for real life, she would probably be the best option. I don't want to, and I won't say anything shitty about her or any other girl. That's what Josy's fans do. When Soprano posts some stinky shit here depicting Quinn with a bullet in her head. Do you think Josy is an interesting character to play ? Ok. That's your business.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
the one in the Zoey photo is not a communication problem, but a scam, a lie.

Emma posts her photo talking about how she stole her boyfriend, it's not clear yet but MC probably believes her (how naive to think that someone she had sex with could have other men...), but she didn't misunderstand anything
I know how it is. I'm talking about the plot device DPC used there. He uses it quite a lot so it can be predictable. The MC saw the cluck and jumped to conclusions, but we don't know (at that moment) what the MC had seen and if he was justified in thinking that. People don't think too much about stuff and if someone says something they consider it a hard truth already.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I know how it is. I'm talking about the plot device DPC used there. He uses it quite a lot so it can be predictable. The MC saw the cluck and jumped to conclusions, but we don't know (at that moment) what the MC had seen and if he was justified in thinking that. People don't think too much about stuff and if someone says something they consider it a hard truth already.
the interlude is quite confusing in terms of timing, in theory the incident in Emma's post is toward the end, so by that time MC should have already cut ties with Zoey, so it should be "a rumor" that has come to him, and at that point he doesn't really have all that much reason to investigate

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Ok, each of us will still have his own opinion. I think, and I am sure, that Josy is a boring character in the context of the game. But for real life, she would probably be the best option. I don't want to, and I won't say anything shitty about about her or any other girl. That's what Josy's fans do. When Soprano posts some stinky shit here depicting Quinn with a bullet in her head. Do you think Josy is an interesting character to play ? Ok. That's your business.
Not exactly. I think BaDIK is an interesting game to play. I mean multiple playthroughs, not just a single path. Otherwise, the experience of this game will be incomplete. Josy's playthrough is no less interestinig than Jill's or Quinn's. It's actually M&J, the player can try to pretend it's just Josy, but there's no way to have Josy and avoid Maya and vice versa. I know the guy who's very upset about this :) Anyway, arguing about the favorite girls is initially pointless.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
I am not convinced that DPC ever intended Zoey to join the story from the start, in that case it didn't matter if she had a boyfriend. It took her 8 episodes to show up and the MC talked about her in episode 2 or 3, that's a lot of time for stories and ideas to change. There are many clues that Josy is hiding a secret but we don't see any clue that Zoey is coming back until the final scene in episode 8. Either way whether it was a retcon or not it doesn't affect the story negatively and the explanation makes sense.

My point was that it is not unreasonable that Zoey would have a boyfriend when she was away for a year. The fact that DPC didn't include that in the interlude shows that he doesn't write NTR.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Even you know, that what you're saying is a lie. Because this whole game essentially revolves around Quinn and her activities. Without her, it would be some Sims 4
It revolves around Maya needing money
what the fuck are you two talking about, the protagonist's original goal is to go to college to study science, graduate and use the money from his job to help his father renovate the house where he grew up. everything else that happens is secondary.

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Vinny would had been with or without Quinn he even said heard there was a big party and wanted to check it out
It was Tommy's fault, he was the one who bought him drugs and with that Vinny took the liberty of inviting himself to the Halloween party.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
what the fuck are you two talking about, the protagonist's original goal is to go to college to study science, graduate and use the money from his job to help his father renovate the house where he grew up. everything else that happens is secondary.
Yeah the game is all about the college experience of the MC. Quinn is just a side plot who barely had any relevance until Vinny showed up (which wasn't even because of Quinn but Tommy). That is just a renegade side story and I doubt it will be that relevant unless DPC plans on going all AL again.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
I am not convinced that DPC ever intended Zoey to join the story from the start, in that case it didn't matter if she had a boyfriend. It took her 8 episodes to show up and the MC talked about her in episode 2 or 3, that's a lot of time for stories and ideas to change. There are many clues that Josy is hiding a secret but we don't see any clue that Zoey is coming back until the final scene in episode 8. Either way whether it was a retcon or not it doesn't affect the story negatively and the explanation makes sense.

My point was that it is not unreasonable that Zoey would have a boyfriend when she was away for a year. The fact that DPC didn't include that in the interlude shows that he doesn't write NTR.
It not unreasonable but Zoey isn't that type tho. It was pretty much clear in the interlude that she had feelings for Fuckface and how much she regret coming here instead of staying with him. Interlude was pretty much about that and what happened to her and how she dealt with it. Dpc is not shy when it comes to Ntr(if it for story purposes), he may not explicitly make it but there is always hints. Even in acting lesson the ex gf cheated and then returned. (It also possible to end the game with her and she didn't even had that much of a bigger role or contents) Most of us also didn't expected her to return as a li. I kinda already knew Zoey will return when we learned about her just not when (She even had bio box as far as I remember).

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes