S_Hlog

Mar 8, 2020
I have got a new laptop and have my BAD on a usb stick. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get my 9.8 saves/paths over to my 10.1 so I can carry on the story. Can anyone help please

Stantz9545

Jul 5, 2022
I have got a new laptop and have my BAD on a usb stick. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get my 9.8 saves/paths over to my 10.1 so I can carry on the story. Can anyone help please
2 ways that are one way, sort of. Just go to the install folder for 9.8, and copy the saves folder (found in game) and copy to the 10.1 folder in the same location. This is ONLY if the 10.1 install folder hasn't automatically located the save folder in appdata/username/roaming/Renpy

Start up 10.1 and select import. It's actually quite simple

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Just download the full game, then move the saves folder from the thumb drive to the to the new installation. The saves folder is located in the game folder of BeingADIK-0.10.1-pc-lin. (It might be a couple layers deep. Just keep opening them until you find it.)

S_Hlog

Mar 8, 2020
2 ways that are one way, sort of. Just go to the install folder for 9.8, and copy the saves folder (found in game) and copy to the 10.1 folder in the same location. This is ONLY if the 10.1 install folder hasn't automatically located the save folder in appdata/username/roaming/Renpy

Start up 10.1 and select import. It's actually quite simple
I have done that but i get given a traceback screen and when I go to load any of the saves and then click (rollback/ignore etc etc) it takes me to the import screen from season 2

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Quite a few people are pretty sure that DPC is planning a route to end the throuple and have MC continue with just one of the girls. And granted, i've seen the suggestive evidence too, and it certainly seems likely, i'm just really curious how that is going to play out. I mean let's say Maya and MC decide they want to be together without Josy. So what, they just sit her down together and tell her as nicely as possible that she's been voted off the island? So Josy can move forward with the pain of not only being dumped once, but twice at the same time. And honestly, it's even worse for Maya, cause that girl already has self-esteem issues primarily stemming from a shitty father. Mc and Josy are the two of the three most important people in her life, and make her feel accepted for who she is, and then whammo, kicked to the curb. Those are going to be some brutal scenes, and i don't know if i would have the stomach to watch them. Plus Derek would not take it well. Not at all. 'Just don't hurt her bro.' is what he said. Kiss that friendship goodbye at the very least. Should be interesting.

Oh, and Happy Holidays everyone.
Hmm... I think what's gonna happen is that they're gonna have a big fight and that's where the choice is gonna come from, not so much from a "oh btw, josy/maya, you've been voted off the island" kind of thing.

The fight would have to be between Josy and Maya tho, because if they're angry at the MC they would just dump HIM, I suppose... so the question is more what could possibly detonate a fight big enough for Josy & Maya to break up? Specially if you're on the throuple path, because at least, if you're not, you can see their relationship getting worse, but on the throuple, the MC acts as a sort of buffer or glue I suppose, it's harder to see them getting into such a fight with the MC in the equation.

Maybe for a solo path you will need to NOT get the documents (and to continue the throuple you will need to get them), because logically, getting the documents would somewhat resolve Maya's issues and allow all of the to be a bit more chill about everything...

What I'm saying is that it might actually not even be a choice per-se, but more of an outcome dependent on previous actions and choices...

Last edited:
Reactions: KaiserST

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Oh and speaking of throuples and polys in general, I do wonder if there are plans to have more of those in the future... like, Jill & Bella seems like the obvious throuple choice (and it looks like it's gonna happen), but like, could there be a way to combine other girls in the future? As long as it made sense of course, I doubt there's gonna be a Maya/Quinn throuple ever =P

But a Sage/Maya or Josy, Zoey/Josy, Bella/Sage, Nicole/Lily, etc, etc... any number of compatible combinations... I mean, it's not like DPC is averse to polys anyways. Obviously I'm not expecting a wide array of choices, since that would be a development nightmare in terms of branching and production, but maybe a few select throuple choices...

Last edited:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Oh and speaking of throuples and polys in general, I do wonder if there are plans to have more of those in the future... like, Jill & Bella seems like the obvious throuple choice (and it looks like it's gonna happen), but like, could there be a way to combine other girls in the future? As long as it made sense of course, I doubt there's gonna be a Maya/Quinn throuple ever =P

But a Sage/Maya or Josy, Zoey/Josy, Bella/Sage, Nicole/Lily, etc, etc... any number of compatible combinations... I mean, it's not like DPC is averse to polys anyways. Obviously I'm not expecting a wide array of choices, since that would be a development nightmare in terms of branching and production, but maybe a few select throuple choices...
I'm seeing two main routes hinted at strongly. One you've already mentioned, the Jill/Bella route.

Sage very probably could be paired up with Maya/Josy and/or (more likely "or" because I don't see Maya and Quinn getting along) Quinn or Riona or Nicole.

Sage gets along with Bella but *spoilers* Jill
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DPC has limited his branching (sometimes a bit awkwardly) but at the same time he did take an unexpected (and welcome) turn with more branches involving Quinn, Riona, Nicole, Lilly.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Quite a few people are pretty sure that DPC is planning a route to end the throuple and have MC continue with just one of the girls. And granted, i've seen the suggestive evidence too, and it certainly seems likely, i'm just really curious how that is going to play out. I mean let's say Maya and MC decide they want to be together without Josy. So what, they just sit her down together and tell her as nicely as possible that she's been voted off the island? So Josy can move forward with the pain of not only being dumped once, but twice at the same time. And honestly, it's even worse for Maya, cause that girl already has self-esteem issues primarily stemming from a shitty father. Mc and Josy are the two of the three most important people in her life, and make her feel accepted for who she is, and then whammo, kicked to the curb. Those are going to be some brutal scenes, and i don't know if i would have the stomach to watch them. Plus Derek would not take it well. Not at all. 'Just don't hurt her bro.' is what he said. Kiss that friendship goodbye at the very least. Should be interesting.

Oh, and Happy Holidays everyone.
*looks at DPC's first game*

Dude loves the soap opera brutal drama. I don't see him shying away from it with a Maya/Josy breakup.

There are options for MC to try and have them mend fences, so for those who don't want that, there may be a way to keep them all together.

I think DPC's hinted strongly enough that the Maya/Josy bond isn't strong enough to handle their incompatibility. Relationships are hard work. It'd be believable, the way dev has set it up, that they break up anyway, with or without MC's involvement.

Pussycake

Sep 23, 2023
in what sense?

if no footage of Jade and Mc has been shared (so just don't show it to the DIKs), Burke, at least for now, has no way to blackmail her

surely carrying on the relationship with Jade won't be a good luck charm in the relationship with Sage, but for now we don't know how it will strike, for now we only have Jade's threats
Jade will definitely blow up in MCs face at some point if he's with Sage. No way could DPC resist that drama.

It's feeling like the games MILFs bar Nicole all cause trouble elsewhere.

Cathy-Bella
Jade-Sage
Nora-Nicole
Madame-F95

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
*looks at DPC's first game*

Dude loves the soap opera brutal drama. I don't see him shying away from it with a Maya/Josy breakup.

There are options for MC to try and have them mend fences, so for those who don't want that, there may be a way to keep them all together.

I think DPC's hinted strongly enough that the Maya/Josy bond isn't strong enough to handle their incompatibility. Relationships are hard work. It'd be believable, the way dev has set it up, that they break up anyway, with or without MC's involvement.
There might be options for MC to try to mend fences, but for me the question is will it matter. The break up seems more and more a matter of when not if even weather in Throuple or not. There could be a way to save the throuple however right now I'm leaning toward there won't be a way to save it but I could be wrong. The fact that Maya is more comfortable with MC than Josy even when you spend more time Josy says a lot to me anyway it makes me question if there is going to be a way because if you go by that scene it doesn't what mc does it would only matter in terms of who you end up with

Reactions: Porthas

jackjack5854

Jul 27, 2018
What happens, if MC didn't bang Jade, how does Stephen blackmail Jade then? The other question is, what will happen, if one banged Jade before choosing Sage as a LI, will it bite the MC in the ass if Stephen is using the video of the act to blackmail Jade into an unequal divorce?
Stephen divorces Jade regardless of whether or not he has MC's video. He's just sick of his life. If MC doesn't show Derek the video, or doesn't fuck Jade, Stephen still wants a divorce all the same, no blackmailing included.

For the second question, MC already got slapped by Jade in that situation at the Burkes' dinner. In this case things still go on normally with Stephen using the video to force Jade into a divorce and MC fucking Sage still. So I assume Stephen is still letting it happen. Which is fucked up and/or poor reaction on Stephen's part. The only upside is that Tommy thinks you're cool.

Reactions: StingerWolf

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
in what sense?

if no footage of Jade and Mc has been shared (so just don't show it to the DIKs), Burke, at least for now, has no way to blackmail her

surely carrying on the relationship with Jade won't be a good luck charm in the relationship with Sage, but for now we don't know how it will strike, for now we only have Jade's threats
I had no relationship with jade, I stopped her in the class when she tries to give him a handjob. So there was no blackmail.

Reactions: dav3knight

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
You all put so much thoughts about what he gonna do, and at the end he does some cheesy stuff that we won't even care aboout. and I don't think there will be more trouples in this game. It would be stupid then do the branches to link them back later on.

Reactions: Christ P Bacon

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
You all put so much thoughts about what he gonna do, and at the end he does some cheesy stuff that we won't even care aboout. and I don't think there will be more trouples in this game. It would be stupid then do the branches to link them back later on.
It's fun to speculate. I don't think anybody's claimed they know 100% what's coming next. But in general, people talk about their favorite TV shows, movies and such and speculate on the characters - and if the characters are in an ongoing story - they'll speculate on what's going to happen next. It's the most normal thing in the world.

And if it's not movies or TV shows, we're always speculating about other things. What kind of moves will Microsoft make vs Sony. Who will win an election. Will my next hand hit blackjack. Pondering about a future that interests us is what we do.

The dev is already exploring unconventional relationships, like with Maya and Josy - right at the beginning half of the story. The game is popular so it's probably clear to the dev that people share interest in that topic. What makes you think he won't continue to do that? Sincere question.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
But he wouldn't be "linking them back later on" since they weren't linked in the first place... a throuple would be its own different branch... I'd say that's more the drawback, there's already A LOT of branches, but if Ep10 showed us anything is that he's not afraid of adding more, sooo... who knows. At any rate, the Jill/Bella throuple has been hinted at waaay too much for it to not end up happening... I mean, I guess a threesome could be what happens, but that's not really their style, so a throuple makes more sense for them, not just a sexual one time thing.

Reactions: Porthas

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
Maya and Josy, and Bella routs. Not sure how you got the Maya scene in episode 10 without getting the Maya and Josy routes in 9.
Already done the true Bella and true Josy Maya routes long ago but the scenes didn't unlock. I'll try playing those routes again from episode 8 and hopefully they will unlock this time. Thank you.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
But he wouldn't be "linking them back later on" since they weren't linked in the first place... a throuple would be its own different branch... I'd say that's more the drawback, there's already A LOT of branches, but if Ep10 showed us anything is that he's not afraid of adding more, sooo... who knows. At any rate, the Jill/Bella throuple has been hinted at waaay too much for it to not end up happening... I mean, I guess a threesome could be what happens, but that's not really their style, so a throuple makes more sense for them, not just a sexual one time thing.
Agreed about Jill/Bella. I'm sensing it could be something "not just a sexual one time thing" with maybe Sage/Josy/Maya as well. Especially if you dated all three of them of the same time and not "broke up" with, say Maya/Josy in episode... 5? 4?

Only time will tell.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes