Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
3 months and 3 weeks after episode 10 release and he still haven't finished writing every episode 11 scene (he's far from finishing, he says!).

I have the dire feeling that episode 11 development is slower than episode 10, too.

This is so damn... frustrating.
He has been posing for animation all January. He started creating renders and scenes only in February.

jadenyuki

Oct 9, 2019
You can tell Josy you still have feelings for her and can kiss forehead, breakup very likely coming soon 11 or 12
Well, in E10, in Josy's bedroom scene, MC just said her he was over her, I didn't have a choice. Idk if I made something wrong in the previous chapters.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Well, in E10, in Josy's bedroom scene, MC just said her he was over her, I didn't have a choice. Idk if I made something wrong in the previous chapters.
If you tell Derek you still have feelings for Josy in 5 and if you tell her you still think about her at halloween party then you should be able to

• Hey there
Reactions: Ekzou

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
3 months and 3 weeks after episode 10 release and he still haven't finished writing every episode 11 scene (he's far from finishing, he says!).

I have the dire feeling that episode 11 development is slower than episode 10, too.

This is so damn... frustrating.
Each new chapter will be slower than the previous one and probably the last one or the epilogue will take 2 years to come out. The real winners will be those who discover this game when it is finished in the year 2045. :HideThePain:
This is and always will be the case with any VN in development that has multiple outcomes. As branches/paths and sub-branches/paths diverge it takes longer and longer to write content for each of those possibilities by proxy... it's simple math bud. There's no way around it unless one makes a kinetic novel or offers choices that simply don't matter at all... that way the dev only has one "path" to write content for. Make sense?

Sidenote: If you read this post backwards while standing on your head it translates into: "Try SanchoMod for BaDIK today!" (since I got removed from the OP again)
I'm going to be devil's advocate on this topic, but... DPC doesn't get the recognition he deserves. It's not easy to create an episode like EP10, full of ramifications, sexual content for countless girls and align all of this perfectly with the main story of the game (regardless of the player's choices).

It's already an immense challenge for him to make a game of this magnitude with 5 main girls, but he goes even further... he even creates scenes for secondary girls who have little expression in the plot. Some people are asking too much, if the DPC manages to release one update per year it would be a true miracle at this point.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
OK, Need some potential help. Got a new rig so im redownloading games I need to catchup on with new updates like this one. I downloaded what I thought I needed but I have 3 files now, 10.0 game bersion, the 9.0 to 10.0 patch and a 8.3 game version. Is 9.0 the interlude? I cant remember and I wanna have everything I need to do a full playthrough and get caught back up.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm going to be devil's advocate on this topic, but... DPC doesn't get the recognition he deserves. It's not easy to create an episode like EP10, full of ramifications, sexual content for countless girls and align all of this perfectly with the main story of the game (regardless of the player's choices).

It's already an immense challenge for him to make a game of this magnitude with 5 main girls, but he goes even further... he even creates scenes for secondary girls who have little expression in the plot. Some people are asking too much, if the DPC manages to release one update per year it would be a true miracle at this point.
Not sure why you quoted me with you being the "devil's advocate". You basically just rehashed my point.

Reactions: DMNOV3R and jimbro

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK, Need some potential help. Got a new rig so im redownloading games I need to catchup on with new updates like this one. I downloaded what I thought I needed but I have 3 files now, 10.0 game bersion, the 9.0 to 10.0 patch and a 8.3 game version. Is 9.0 the interlude? I cant remember and I wanna have everything I need to do a full playthrough and get caught back up.
Season1/Season2 is v0.8.3 (latest). Season 3 is v0.10.1 (and includes "Prelude"). That's all you need, just those two versions to have the entire VN to date. For v0.10.1 you can DL v0.10.0 then the update only for v0.10.0 to v0.10.1, it's only minor issues resolved but recommended over v0.10.0 alone regardless.

If you go with compressed versions then you can just DL two files total... S1/S2 and S3.

At the end of v0.8.3 you'll have the opportunity to make an export data file (save). In v0.10.1 you can then import that S1/S2 data file as needed.

Last edited:

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Season1/Season2 is v0.8.3 (latest). Season 3 is v0.10.1 (and includes "Prelude"). That's all you need, just those two versions to have the entire VN to date. At the end of v0.8.3 you'll have the opportunity to make an export data file (save). In v0.10.1 you can then import that S1/S2 data file as needed.
A quick reply and from my favorite mod maker Thanks for the help Sancho!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022

I think my man DPC has already received his well-deserved recognition, especially every month-end when he receives his money from those 12,346 members with paid subscriptions. Let's not talk when December comes and those 12,346 members become 34000. :KEK:

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
That is just how PinkCake works, he never writes everything in early months of development, entire dev cycle is pure chaos.

This is probably first status update I paid attention to since he started, and still nothing - it will remain like that for at least 2 more months.

Once he starts posting more previews and reveals next party theme then we can speculate. December is still so so far away.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
I think my man DPC has already received his well-deserved recognition, especially every month-end when he receives his money from those 12,346 members with paid subscriptions. Let's not talk when December comes and those 12,346 members become 34000. :KEK:
It is not enough. He should earn a lot more money for trying to do something unique and at the end of the day still have a reputation as a milking developer. If you or anyone else thinks otherwise, I have issued a challenge. Try to create a successful game of the same quality and magnitude as BaDIK in less time than DPC. If you can do it, great. You can say what you want about DPC, otherwise... recognize that the guy is a good developer and that releasing one update a year is surreal if he manages to do it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Each new chapter will be slower than the previous one and probably the last one or the epilogue will take 2 years to come out. The real winners will be those who discover this game when it is finished in the year 2045. :HideThePain:
:cautious: :cautious:of course giving up a trip to Mars to play the latest chapter of BADIK will be a tough call....

eeSithy

Nov 25, 2018

I worked on art all week, mostly Sage and Jill renders, but also some other scenes.

I completed Maya's special render set and it came out fantastic. I put a lot of effort into it and I'll show you a preview of it in the upcoming week.

Next week, I will go back to writing dialogue since I've almost produced all the art I can do for the currently written scenes. I have lots left to write and will most likely focus on writing canon story events first.

Poll news
The winner in the cosmetic poll for Sage that ended today was option 2.

Thanks for voting! Stay tuned for more polls.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Sage looking less like a Keebler Elf can only be a good thing.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
It is not enough. He should earn a lot more money for trying to do something unique and at the end of the day still have a reputation as a milking developer. If you or anyone else thinks otherwise, I have issued a challenge. Try to create a successful game of the same quality and magnitude as BaDIK in less time than DPC. If you can do it, great. You can say what you want about DPC, otherwise... recognize that the guy is a good developer and that releasing one update a year is surreal if he manages to do it.
I am convinced people just want to complain to complain. DPC has given us 10 episodes plus a prelude and is working on the 11th. As far as I can remember the game has never been "On-Hold" or delayed and the overall look and feel of the game has gotten better. Meanwhile we have "Devs" who go MIA for like months or a year at a time, No updates, No On Hold tag, Patreon not paused and then they pop back up with the most soulless update ever.

DPC definitely deserves the credit and recognition, There are not that many games on here that I can think of that span this amount of content along with the quality of the art.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes