TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
The music is pretty great, I wish it was all officially on Spotify. It's a shame about The Friday Prophets though.
what happend between the friday prophets and dpc? I played the game again for the first time in years and the main theme didn`t play was kinda sad not hearing it

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
what happend between the friday prophets and dpc? I played the game again for the first time in years and the main theme didn`t play was kinda sad not hearing it
Apparently DPC asked them for permission/approval to use their music way back when. Around the time of Episode 9's release, they finally responded and told DPC to stop using their music, and he complied.

That's why Punk Rock Flu and the other Friday Prophets songs are gone. Fucking sucks (unless you mod them back in ;)).

This is from the relevant Patreon post about this.
I rarely have to post bad news, but today I must, so let's get it out of the way.
I've been asked to remove all songs from The Friday Prophets from the game.
When I downloaded their songs from Soundcloud, they were uploaded with the CC BY-SA 3.0 license, making them free to use commercially, but this usage wasn't what they intended.
I reached out to them four years ago about using their songs, and I got my reply this week asking me not to use their music and to remove anything I had added since.
It's sad for all of us, for me, the game, and fans, since the songs have grown to become iconic during that time. No replacement to Punk Rock Flu will give the same nostalgic feeling when you start the game or a new episode, at least not for many more future episodes and years to come.
I will respect their copyright and remove all their songs from Seasons 1/2, and 3.
Please, I ask you not to direct any negativity toward them because of this decision.
I truly believed I used their songs in good faith because of the licenses, and it's unfortunate for everyone that it came to this.
I tried my best to replace the songs with similar tunes to preserve the college feeling of the game. We'll see what happens in the future regarding the title song.

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
Apparently DPC asked them for permission/approval to use their music way back when. Around the time of Episode 9's release, they finally responded and told DPC to stop using their music, and he complied.

That's why Punk Rock Flu and the other Friday Prophets songs are gone. Fucking sucks (unless you mod them back in ;)).
So he used there music without premisson and winged it
How could he release on steam dont they check for these things :unsure:
Sad the new Theme Song does not have the same punch

Reactions: Riaman

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I think it was royalty free in beginning but they later changed their tone since their music was attached to an Adult game.
That's what DPC makes it sound like, yeah. I could understand Friday Prophets' decision if this was more of a degenerate fetish game, or even just about incest, but it's a college boner comedy game. And Punk Rock Flu was fucking perfect.
So he used there music without premisson and winged it
How could he release on steam dont they check for these things :unsure:
Sad the new Theme Song does not have the same punch
I liked the first replacement song. It's not as good as the original, but I dug it. The new one though, from the band DPC teamed up with, Dirty Toy Company... not really feeling that one...

Reactions: Riaman and TREXrg
4.80 star(s) 1,541 Votes