L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
Although I have to agree that there are serious problems with the writing for Jill in season 2, DPC seemed to increase her level of naivety to the absurdity, turning her into a social autist, and it felt forced
Yes he did. From that scene forward in which Tybalt is eating watermelon out on the balcony and Jill sits there talking with him is when her naivety became excessive and exaggerated because DPC started writing her behavior as completely different from what it was before that.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Biased much? You are literally defining stupidity on the basis of who you like.

Well then let me counter:

-Sage: People who kept telling her Chad was gay but she wouldn't listen = zero. How is Sage stupid for not realising something no-one else realised either?

-Maya: A teenager who trusted that her father wouldn't betray her. She was unlucky in having an untrustworthy father, but if trusting your parents is stupidity, very few people can be called smart.

-Bella: There have yet to be ANY legal consequences for her relationship with MC. You are arguing that there should be, but even the real world doesn't work like that. People get away with things all the time. And since she is well aware of the risks her behaviour is simply reckless. She is taking a risk. It may lead to tragedy, but it may also lead to happiness. This is not stupidity.

-Josy: Well she is definitely insecure, but not stupid as such. Getting into a hobby so that her profile won't look basic is definitely something I wouldn't do. But if she actually likes what she finds and doesn't simply do it for the sake social media, how is it stupid?

Compared to this:

-Jill: People who understood what Tybalt was like within minutes = everyone else. Granted only Bella kept telling her so, but literally no-one else takes Tybalt at his word. This is stupidity. True she is not Arieth level stupid, but still more than any of the others.

Main Girl Smartness Ranks:

Bella>Sage>Maya>Josy>Jill
Meh, smart people do stupid shit all the time, especially when they are pursuing comfort and happiness in life, which is Bella's case.
Jill is absolutely the most naive character in the game and was certainly stupid in the way she first dealt with the Tybalt situation, but Bella is definitely being stupider than Jill so far.

For example by not telling Jill about her and fuckface when she was certain she wanted to pursue something more serious with him (somewhere in EP7 after she had her little fun with fuckface) and she's being absolutely daft in the way she's dealing with the teacher/student relationship. She'd be in the clear if she came public and let the school take the appropriate measures but instead she's afraid and hiding it and it will backfire badly.
My theory is that she'll end up getting fired for it but if we play our cards right will ultimately end happily owning a book store like she used to dream, hence the whole conversation about it during lunch in EP10.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Yes he did. From that scene forward in which Tybalt is eating watermelon out on the balcony and Jill sits there talking with him is when her naivety became excessive and exaggerated because DPC started writing her behavior as completely different from what it was before that.
And she believes that MC is the saint, but there was red flags in his actions: trespassing, fighting, he's always finding trouble. But Jill believes he's Prince Charming. In Ep.10, DPC fixed a lot of that, and of course it looks weird after her autistic state, Jill's path was bearable for me. She finally started asking questions!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
And she believes that MC is the saint, but there was red flags in his actions: trespassing, fighting, he's always finding trouble. But Jill believes he's Prince Charming. In Ep.10, DPC fixed a lot of that, and of course it looks weird after her autistic state, Jill's path was bearable for me. She finally started asking questions!
Too late, and the clarification with Trent is in fact accidental, now useless after the game is over.

Jul 5, 2020
The DIKs aren't actually the target of these schemes. The target is the Burgmeister family as a whole and we see the parts that target Rusty because MC suffers because of them. Cathy was targeted because of her connection to the family.

Who targets the Burgmeisters? It's either the Royces trying to prove the Burgmeisters killed Lana and then get revenge or it's the people who killed Lana going after their next target.

The camera was planted by Vinny who infiltrated the DIKs to get to Rusty. He also planted other cameras and surveillance equipment, but those were removed and the mansion trashed to mask it. They missed the one in the janitors closet because it's the damn janitors closet. Caleb works for the same people Vinny does and the whole reason he is at B&R is to infiltrate the tri-alphas and mask his real work as moves in a frat-war.

The tri-betas might not be involved at all, but there will probably be some red herrings or individual involvement in the same way Caleb is involved, but tri-alphas as a whole are not.

Now where did I put that tinfoil hat?
In your ass, because what you wrote is absolutely nonsense :KEK:

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Why do people keep saying Jill is stupid? She's the less stupid of all the main girls... She may be "naive" in the strict sense of "inexperienced", but she's not stupid. If she were, she would be being sodomized by random guys across the campus, or fallen for Rusty or, even worse, Tybalt. Let's compare:
- Bella: dating a student, what could cost her job and, in some jurisdictions, her liberty (but nothing's gonna happen because we're living a fairytale).
- Maya: signing contracts without reading and she was kinda inexperienced too, right? She didn't even know she liked men...
- Sage: being a beard and being clueless about it...
- Josy: well... Josy's just Josy... She looks for hobbies on the Internet to fill her social media profiles...

The other girls? Well... Most of 'em suck cocks (or worse) through glory holes and/or are drug dealers and/or have crabs (because it's the only STD in our fantasy world, otherwise, it would be worse). It's not I don't like 'em (or the others above)... I probably wouldn't play the game without 'em... But it doesn't mean they are what I consider "standards of intelligence" or the kinda girl I'd marry in real life. Never been the marriage-type kinda guy but, if I were, the only one would be Jill. The rest would be just for fun.
Nobody knew Chad like she did though. It's implied that Jade also picked up on Chad being disingenuous with Sage. Many of the HOTs, such as Quinn, outright state that they don't even really give a shit about the relationship/drama between Sage and Chad so there wouldn't even really be anyone to tell her anything like that in the first place. She's the one that should've realized it by herself and only after the MC discovers that Chad is gay, even she reacts in a way which suggests that she should've already realized it by then. She chooses to believe the MC about that because it makes so much sense to her due to the fact that she was ignoring the blatantly obvious signs before that Chad was indeed gay.

I wouldn't say that it wasn't stupid for her to sign the documents but it's definitely a hypocritical argument on behalf of the original post. If anything, it could be argued that Maya is the one that's really not as stupid as most people believe, but "naive" more so. Besides, I think many people would've done the same thing that she did if only they were a few years younger than she was at the time, so I genuinely believe it's about inexperience and immaturity on her part.

Jill is really dumb for falling for Tybalt's bullshit on any of that. The audacity of her to tell the MC that Tybalt is "a nice guy" and that he shouldn't be badmouthing him is ridiculous. In my opinion, The Dick made some good arguments about why she's not that stupid, but she has a lot of moments during which she's displayed the most ignorance that I've seen in the entire game.
It's hard to judge the Sage/Chad situation. Just about all relevant details are vague as hell. For example we know Sage was into him when the DIKs started their frat, but how long were they actually together? The whole moment of realisation leaves a lot to the imagination too. To me it seems like lots of little things suddenly made way more sense. Perhaps she should have suspected, but I imagine "blatant" to be a wrong word for describing them. But that's how I imagine it, which is the point. We don't have solid facts on this.

The best we can do is say that at least four people know that Chad is gay: MC, Chad, Troy and the blackmailer. Sage and Josy make five and six if MC chooses to tell them.

Still compared to Jill and Tybalt Sage is WAY smarter.

Here again we are dealing with frustratingly vague information. Patrick definitely has abused both his children and thus they should be more wary of him, but the impression I get is that it has always been him losing his temper and acting in anger. Calculated cold blooded deception was a new thing.

Well in truth our whole approach is flawed as we are trying to establish general intelligence based on isolated anecdotes. Any specific situation may be unusual for the character. You need way more examples to draw reliable conclusions.

What I was originally getting at with Jill was that her naive attitude seemed to be a constant. "Foolish" might have been a better word. She jumped to conclusions that were very likely to be wrong and stubbornly held on to them.

In comparison Sage and Bella adjust to new information very quickly. They make mistakes, but they learn from them. I see that as the very definition of "smart".
We all know who really is the Smartest girl at B&R. ;) The others are just fighting for second place.

screenshot0001.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ahrimy and The Dick

Better Cock Spock

Engaged Member
Jul 29, 2017
She is talking about drugs, knowing Quinn and Riona deal weed. Why? If it was her dad's links to prostitution with the HOTs, she would not have brought Maya there about scholarships. This is before the Chad reveal, so it's not that either.
What makes you think it's about drugs? And if it was, Sage doesn't do shit about it.

The Chad reveal is about him being gay, but Sage knew he's been cheating on her since Episode 1.

Reactions: Sephironii

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
There's very vocal different opinions on this, but it's been debated to death in this thread within the last few months so I won't get into it again.

Suffice to say, my personal opinion is that there will be branches where they stay together and where they break apart depending on what choices MC has made throughout the game affecting their relationship.

If there is a break-up path, it wouldn't surprise me if a potential crisis point is reached sometime within the next chapter or two. Personally, I see a break-up as being most likely on an Other's path where you continue to pursue Josy or Maya separately and least likely on the throuple path if you support them evenly and resolve Maya's loan situation favorably.
I haven´t kept up with the discussion. I stay away from here for a day and when I come back there´s like 8 pages or more to read
I got the sense that they don´t feel comfortable in that type of relationship either. It is a uncommon situation, so it makes sense to me that they would separate. But if the MC has to choose, that´s a tough position now, after dating both.

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
But if the MC has to choose, that´s a tough position now, after dating both.
Not necessarily, depending on the player. You can already choose how much more time you spend with one than the other while on the throuple path. I mean, it would be kind of odd if someone chose to spend time/sleep with Josy each and every time that there was an opportunity to do so throughout the game and then the MC would still have a hard time choosing between the two after all that.

Reactions: Rehwyn

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
I haven´t kept up with the discussion. I stay away from here for a day and when I come back there´s like 8 pages or more to read
Yep, that's how this thread tends to go. :ROFLMAO:

I got the sense that they don´t feel comfortable in that type of relationship either. It is a uncommon situation, so it makes sense to me that they would separate. But if the MC has to choose, that´s a tough position now, after dating both.
At least in my playthrough, it feels like they've made progress on being comfortable with their triad. I've made a point however of spending roughly equal time with them, and always taking dialogue choices supportive of the triad as a whole when possible. But that's definitely subjective, so won't get into it more deeply again.

I did want to mention that the game does a pretty good job depicting two common challenges for polyamorous relationships.

First, while growing up, most people see or read about lots of examples of what healthy monogamous relationships look like either in person or in shows, movies, and books, but there's very few public examples of healthy polyamory, despite it being more common than most people think (about 1 in 9 people in the US have tried it at some point, and 1 in 20 currently are in a polyamorous relationship). Because of this, people trying polyamory for the first time often have a bit more they need to figure out on their own in terms of being comfortable and making the relationship work.

Second, the biggest challenge people in a poly relationship typically face isn't from the relationship itself, but dealing with social stigma and legal disadvantage. A significant majority of people view any non-monogamous relationship as inferior or immoral, so most poly groups keep it secret. Having to do that and deal with legal issues can take a toll on the relationship, so it's reasonably authentic to see how that secrecy and, now that they're partially out, the social judgement affects them.

Anyways, enough rambling. We won't really know what's in store for the throuple until updates come.

Dee_Daa

Jul 21, 2021
Yep, that's how this thread tends to go. :ROFLMAO:

At least in my playthrough, it feels like they've made progress on being comfortable with their triad. But that's definitely subjective, so won't get into it more deeply again.

I did want to mention that the game does a pretty good job depicting two common challenges for polyamorous relationships.

First, while growing up, most people see or read about lots of examples of what healthy monogamous relationships look like either in person or in shows, movies, and books, but there's very few public examples of healthy polyamory, despite it being more common than most people think (about 1 in 9 people in the US have tried it at some point, and 1 in 20 currently are in a polyamorous relationship). Because of this, people trying polyamory for the first time often have a bit more they need to figure out on their own in terms of being comfortable and making the relationship work.

Second, the biggest challenge people in a poly relationship typically face isn't from the relationship itself, but dealing with social stigma and legal disadvantage. A significant majority of people view any non-monogamous relationship as inferior or immoral, so most poly groups keep it secret. Having to do that and deal with legal issues can take a toll on the relationship, so it's reasonably authentic to see how that secrecy and, now that they're partially out, the social judgement affects them.

Anyways, enough rambling. We won't really know what's in store for the throuple until updates come.
the mc should convert to islam to marry them both...thats the good ending...even better if he adds isabella and her friend for more halal gameplay

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
the mc should convert to islam to marry them both...thats the good ending...even better if he adds isabella and her friend for more halal gameplay
Or move to , one of very few cities that recognizes polyamory and has non-discrimination legal protections for it. ;)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Dee_Daa

The Dick

Oct 22, 2022
Biased much? You are literally defining stupidity on the basis of who you like.
Me? No... I like all the main girl (Bella and Maya less, I must admit, but it's not a dislike, just less) and most side girls. And Jill's not even my main route. I play "The Others" 1st, then Sage's, and, only then, Jill (and probably would play a solo Josy first if it ever existed). I just don't think she's stupid in the literal sense of "lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, or wit, an inability to learn." In fact, I think only Arieth qualifies as this, and none of the girls are really stupid in that sense. I was just "lawyering" to prove that you pick isolated events, acts, or speeches, every girl can be qualified as stupid. But even you said that:

Well in truth our whole approach is flawed as we are trying to establish general intelligence based on isolated anecdotes. Any specific situation may be unusual for the character. You need way more examples to draw reliable conclusions.
So I rest my case. But, if by "stupid" you meant not "street smart", I agree, but I think "naive" is a better word to describe that. She's introspective, socially awkward, and inexperienced. About the Tybalt thing, I just think she has a good heart and, more importantly, she's living in his house, so it's good to have a good relationship with him. However, she never acted as a friend in the sense she goes out with him or do things together: he even had to blackmail her to do simple things like playing tennis or going out to dinner, which are things friends normally do together. She was always rejecting and deflecting his advances. The most she used to do was have some lunch with him in the house. She was polite. It's only when he crosses the line, blackmailing her and stealing her points, she ceases to be (helped by the fact most of his frat brothers are also pissed off with him).

Well then let me counter:

-Sage: People who kept telling her Chad was gay but she wouldn't listen = zero. How is Sage stupid for not realising something no-one else realised either?

-Maya: A teenager who trusted that her father wouldn't betray her. She was unlucky in having an untrustworthy father, but if trusting your parents is stupidity, very few people can be called smart.

-Bella: There have yet to be ANY legal consequences for her relationship with MC. You are arguing that there should be, but even the real world doesn't work like that. People get away with things all the time. And since she is well aware of the risks her behaviour is simply reckless. She is taking a risk. It may lead to tragedy, but it may also lead to happiness. This is not stupidity.

-Josy: Well she is definitely insecure, but not stupid as such. Getting into a hobby so that her profile won't look basic is definitely something I wouldn't do. But if she actually likes what she finds and doesn't simply do it for the sake social media, how is it stupid?

Compared to this:

-Jill: People who understood what Tybalt was like within minutes = everyone else. Granted only Bella kept telling her so, but literally no-one else takes Tybalt at his word. This is stupidity. True she is not Arieth level stupid, but still more than any of the others.

Main Girl Smartness Ranks:

Bella>Sage>Maya>Josy>Jill
About the other girls, I admit that with Sage I pushed too hard. She even suspected Chad was cheating... She only didn't know it was with a dude. As I said, I don't think any of them is stupid in the sense of lacking intelligent, but some do "stupid" (or foolish, reckless, inconsequential) things, which is different. Though she's probably the smarter (no wonder, she's almost two times the age of the other girls) and, maybe, the most intelligent, I think Bella tops 'em all in stupid things of risking lose her job (and career) dating a student, but she has the excuse of being in a smut visual novel where every faculty member is as "stupid" as her in that sense -- no one can resist our hero's charms, right? Maya's foolish act could be excused as you said if her father weren't who he is... But, indeed, it's an ambiguous case... My issue with her is that everybody talks about Josy, like, she's bland and so on. I don't think Josy's stupid in the sense I'm using here, but I agree that I wouldn't probably have a very interesting with her. However, what about Maya? What intelligent thing she ever said? It's only because she care about wOmAn AnD sOcIaL iSsUeS and is a damsel in distress she's intelligent? For me, she's the worst of the five: less intelligent and also closer in naivety to Jill.

B.T.W., for me, this is just a debate about a theoretical disagreement... I'm not in pissed off in any way (and I don't think you think I am, but, you know... Internet... Typed words can be misinterpreted... Better be cautious). You can badmouth Jill as much as you want; and I'll keep thinking she's not stupid. It's cool to see people's different takes and opinions. At least we have some discussion different from "alady here; alady there." :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,561 Votes