GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
I will say that Josy by herself would be a totally different girl then she is in the throuple. For example, Josy def wouldn't have let Tremolo explore other relationships, she just did that because the other two were cool with it.
Maya also implies she wasn't really big on it either, but Maya, like Derek, hates hurting other people. So she kinda quietly went with it. You can tell if you get in their path but then back out for someone else like Jill or Bella, Maya acts better about it than Josie does (who is justifiably pissed), but doesn't want to show how much it hurts her to get rejected.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Ok, time for another "What if" situation:

What if... Josy hadn't EVER known Tremolo OR Maya BEFORE university

First impressions:

- Maya wouldn't be in trouble with his father (unless she knew another girl, but I think it's unlikely, being so shy)
- Maya didn't ask to join the HOT's
- The history between Tremolo and Maya did happen at least until Josy the reject appears
- No early throuple drama (living Maya and Josy together in the same room can start it)

More ideas?
on Josy wouldn't have changed much in the first part, she wouldn't have had the guilt of betrayal, but she would still have had the drama of non-acceptance at the BR, so still we would have ended up with MC at the BR not knowing what happened to Josy and her announcing herself only at the last moment.

at that point probably depending on the relationship with Maya there would have been a fork in the road where Josy may or may not have caught MC and Maya in intimate attitudes, or even this could have become a DPC “trap” where regardless of the decisions made Josy would have misunderstood the relationship with Maya or the other way around.

if that had been a canon passage it wouldn't have changed much with the role reversal of an MC trying to explain himself and the girls wounded avoiding him (with all the simp on the side of the girls running away).

more difficult would have been to justify Mc seeking hospitality around that only makes sense if Mc has a problem with Maya

at that point perhaps the relationship between Josy and Tommy would have been better developed, otherwise she would still have had to wait until the eighth chapter somehow.

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Is there a chance that DR Pinkcake hires some VOICE Actors for the game?
Can we not add voice retrospectively? I hope he is not that narcissistic to add his own voice for all the characters.Jokes apart if he hires voice actors then the game will be in a league of its own which it is already,M just saying it will go a notch above
Voice acting is a luxury, not a priority. DPC has already said that it's way too late to even try, because everyone has their own idea of how the characters sound.

And on top of that, mf already tried this in the very beginning.
View attachment 4068858
I got curious enough to try and find the gifs in old versions of the game, because I also want them. I didn't see them in 0.1, BUT I did find something. Something disturbing. Something I wish I never did, because they are possibly the worst fucking thing I've ever experienced.

I found Bella's voice acting files. And they. Are. SHIT.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's obviously more, but I won't further subject you all to this abomination unto God.
I thought the ones for Jill were bad, but this is just... like I can't fathom how DPC ever thought this sounded good enough to include. I understand we all have an idea of how the characters sounds in our mind, and it won't be the same for everyone, but goddamn. That is not Bella, not even close. The smartest thing DPC ever did was throw the voice acting in the dumpster where it belongs.

But there is a silver lining. I did manage to find my original objective in 0.4! The report gifs :giggle:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
After all of this, just let me fucking die...
View attachment 4068984
You don't want voice acting. I definitely don't.

Sep 17, 2022
Ok, I'm really confused. I read the link with the safe transfer and that seems understandable.

What I don't get... What if I'm new to the game and want all content e.g. all seasons. As far as I understand there's only Season 9 +10 or EP.3 on the front page.

Can someone tell me how to proceed for a working full version?

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Ok, I'm really confused. I read the link with the safe transfer and that seems understandable.

What I don't get... What if I'm new to the game and want all content e.g. all seasons. As far as I understand there's only Season 9 +10 or EP.3 on the front page.

Can someone tell me how to proceed for a working full version?
Watch this informative video!
Simps and gentleman, may I present: Better Cock Spock's Guide to Installing "Being a DIK" View attachment 3907647
View attachment 3949416

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Voice acting is a luxury, not a priority. DPC has already said that it's way too late to even try, because everyone has their own idea of how the characters sound.

And on top of that, mf already tried this in the very beginning.

You don't want voice acting. I definitely don't.
the experiment that DPC had done counts for nothing for better or worse, too long ago. in fact if we really have to consider it, it would be favorable evidence since it is proof that DPC would avoid a terrible VA, which is the real danger.

the problem is that he has no reason right now to make an effort, considering the expenses (not huge but still present) he would not gain anything from it

different would be the case if the earnings start to drop and he wanted to revive the focus, or after finishing the game, then it would allow him to continue earning from BADIK without even having to work directly much anymore.

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
on Josy wouldn't have changed much in the first part, she wouldn't have had the guilt of betrayal, but she would still have had the drama of non-acceptance at the BR, so still we would have ended up with MC at the BR not knowing what happened to Josy and her announcing herself only at the last moment.

at that point probably depending on the relationship with Maya there would have been a fork in the road where Josy may or may not have caught MC and Maya in intimate attitudes, or even this could have become a DPC “trap” where regardless of the decisions made Josy would have misunderstood the relationship with Maya or the other way around.

if that had been a canon passage it wouldn't have changed much with the role reversal of an MC trying to explain himself and the girls wounded avoiding him (with all the simp on the side of the girls running away).

more difficult would have been to justify Mc seeking hospitality around that only makes sense if Mc has a problem with Maya

at that point perhaps the relationship between Josy and Tommy would have been better developed, otherwise she would still have had to wait until the eighth chapter somehow.
What if... Josy hadn't EVER known Tremolo NOR Maya BEFORE university

I misspell NOR. I meant no tremolo and no Maya

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
the experiment that DPC had done counts for nothing for better or worse, too long ago. in fact if we really have to consider it, it would be favorable evidence since it is proof that DPC would avoid a terrible VA, which is the real danger.

the problem is that he has no reason right now to make an effort, considering the expenses (not huge but still present) he would not gain anything from it

different would be the case if the earnings start to drop and he wanted to revive the focus, or after finishing the game, then it would allow him to continue earning from BADIK without even having to work directly much anymore.
I think that's a charitable interpretation of why he stopped doing VA so early on, that he realized he made a terrible casting choice. It's more about the money and effort that'd be required to go into fully voicing the entire game, he says as much himself.
I would love to have voice acting for all main girls, the problem is twofold: 1) Money - I can't afford it without more support (yet) 2) I need to find more talented voice actresses. VoiceLikeCandy does a superb job, imo, and I will continue having her act for Jill and Isabella. I know that it might feel weird that only two characters have VA, but that will hopefully change in the future. If anyone knows of a talented VA, please feel free to contact me. It would be a paid job.
Many AVN and other adult game developers use voice acting for some parts in dialogue and/or lewd scenes. You have so far completely avoided these. Is there a game design reason you shy away from this, or a personal preference for some reason? or have you/are you considered experimenting with such sound in the future?
That's not true. I played around with them during Episode 1 of Being a DIK. Jill and Bella had partial voice acting. However, I moved away from the idea for multiple reasons. It was a big task to manage code, preparations, sound, and communication with voice actresses. It felt weird only to have partial voice acting for a few characters and the cast has somewhere between 100-200 characters who'd need to be voiced. I didn't have the budget for it back then either and had to prioritize hardware and software. So, I decided to scrap that idea early so I didn't have to adapt the story and write with that in mind. By now, every player has some voice in their mind for the characters and the workload of getting everything voiced by now is daunting. Even just adding and synchronizing sound to lewd scenes would take quite some time. I haven't planned to add it to Being a DIK in the future, but I'm not against using it in another game.
I think the only thing I'm still fuzzy on is why he hasn't gotten rid of Jill's voice acting when you first start the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What if... Josy hadn't EVER known Tremolo NOR Maya BEFORE university

I misspell NOR. I meant no tremolo and no Maya
Well, in that case the first season would be turned upside down.

Maya would either have another girlfriend or she would have to have a completely different story since she would no longer have a reason to seek free tuition.

but going beyond this plot problem: at that point Maya and Josy would become similar but opposite stories, on the one hand the beloved sister of the best friend, on the other the adopted sister opposed by the “worst” friend, same mechanisms of jealousy and cockblocking for different reasons.

On the other hand, it would seem to me to be an even weaker and uninteresting plot than the present one

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
On the other hand, it would seem to me to be an even weaker and uninteresting plot than the present one
Perhaps you are right, but I would like to see a Maya without the fatherly drama and how the relationship between the three of them would be developed without cheating nor lies (at least at the start)... I could be less interesting, yes, but it also would be less toxic

4.80 star(s) 1,545 Votes