Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
That theory has become so evident that people have started thinking it's too evident to ve true, but I think you are spot on on why. There's one more thing that sealed it for me and it was the kiss on Sage's forehead.

As for who is the blackmailer my bet is on Sally/the tribetas. It has been since episode 3 and I'm still convinced about it.
My bet would've been on Quinn, but despite the few conflicts between the two, I think Quinn respects Sage too much on a certain level. I think you're on to something with the Tribetas, they've had a pretty passive presence so far but who knows what part they really play.

Dec 20, 2019
Adding death wouldn't make it a horror/thriller, it would make it more like a dramedy (drama/comedy) where even though it's mainly light-hearted, it can also include very serious and emotional moments.
My bad for not being specific enough. I meant to say death to LIs with a psychopath running around. I do understand death in normal dramas as I watched enough al Korean dramas to constantly see them. And yes I forgot to add "light-hearted" to my narrative of them game.

The only thing that bugs me about the Chad gay theory is DAT PANTIES. Otherwise I am 100% all in.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
I bet on the Tri-Betas because they're way too quiet, Sally being at that party was really suspicious as well. The cluck is the one i really don't know who did it, because the list of suspects is way too long.

But probably Vinnie, i'm really curious about what happened to him, the dude was introduced almost as if he was the MC of another story.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
My bad for not being specific enough. I meant to say death to LIs with a psychopath running around. I do understand death in normal dramas as I watched enough al Korean dramas to constantly see them. And yes I forgot to add "light-hearted" to my narrative of them game.

The only thing that bugs me about the Chad gay theory is DAT PANTIES. Otherwise I am 100% all in.
It could be one of those "sisification" situations. Idk if that's the PC term but it fits I guess.

Reactions: flippityflop

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
This also kind of gets into that issue of "catering for different players". Some players might not want Sage, and that's fine, a friendship path can be available for them from ep 5 onwards. Some players might want to pursue all LIs for as long as possible, and that's fine too, so there should be way for them to do that.

So all LIs will likely still be there as friends if players reject romantic relationships, but I also think they'll be there as romanitc relationships as well and then it will come down to variable checks, player choice, or a combination of both.
I'm all for that in theory, but it does force further branching. The longer the MC can maintain a growing relationship with multiple girls OR settle on a single romantic partner (possibly two for M&J) and stay friends with the rest, the more branches the game will need to accommodate all those variations.

Now, among possible branching topics, I think this is one of the best to lavish developer time on. So if DPC is willing to put in the work, great! Let's keep the choice alive until the home stretch. But I won't be surprised if he maintains the open dating regime for a few more episodes, then forces us to commit to a dwindling set of options in an effort to compress some of the branches.

Dec 20, 2019
I bet on the Tri-Betas because they're way too quiet, Sally being at that party was really suspicious as well. The cluck is the one i really don't know who did it, because the list of suspects is way too long.

But probably Vinnie, i'm really curious about what happened to him, the dude was introduced almost as if he was the MC of another story.
Gal is allowed to party ya all. If Jill happens to attend the one of the parties, people will start suspecting the ANOs and starts coming out with new psychological evaluation for Jill.
It could be one of those "sisification" situations. Idk if that's the PC term but it fits I guess.
The thought of Troy in bra and undies scares me

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
i hope so too, Chad is surely into someone else, attacking mc without thinking then crying over a blackmail letter, on ep 5, one of the jocks - Jimmy, said that Chad seemed to be happy, just days after being kicked out from his frat, of course something/someone makes him happy, and i think its definitely a someone.
Maybe Troy made him happy again :LOL::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: derek.is.the.key
Jun 25, 2017
And I'll bet most of these guys who hate on M&J so much would have no qualms if it were them getting close to someone while dating someone else and not telling either of them about it, the very thing they dislike about M&J.
Lol, looks like we're calling out the white knights and "nice guys" today! Seriously though, the amount of lying and the exact thing they lied about isn't enough to deem them bad people or "unworthy" (whatever the hell that means). When it comes to writing a good character at all, they have to have flaws. Taking it personally is on you (especially if you're mad at M/J and not Dr Pinkcake). If you want a girl who will love you unconditionally and never lie to you, maybe try playing some WVM instead.

Its fine to not be interested in their story, personally they're my least favorite story thread right now (as far as LGBTQ+ story lines go, it's nothing particularly ground breaking) but I'm also not here acting like they're terrible characters. If you are, might need to reexamine why.

Reactions: moskyx

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
See... You think her admitting she was in a relationship took a lot of courage. To me that isn't courage, it's called not being a liar. Not being a liar isn't a courageous act, it isn't a praiseworthy trait. The human default shouldn't be to expect to be mislead by people and you get brownie points for not lying.

Honesty should be the default. I still like Josy and Maya as characters and as friends to the MC. I don't hate them in the slightest. I just wouldn't date them because I expect more from people.
Yes, it took a lot of courage considering she had other options available to her. A lot of people are liars in these times of day in a way that could benefit them. Josy on the other hand chose to be honest, and isnt some hypocritical liar in general. She didnt choose the easy way out. It is courageous considering the context of how the scene progressed. To each their own.

You see, I find characters that are flawed and shown flaws to be quite interesting, because it shows room for growth and development.

Sep 22, 2017
But now that I think of it, Sage's relationship is going too well. So maybe we start having some setbacks soon :unsure: .
Most likely yeah, though I don't think it's really that warranted. At least not something so dramatic as the Josy/Maya twist.

When you think about it, 3 of the other main LIs started out with a clear romantic interest in the MC and even Bella came around by EP3. Sage on the other hand has rejected every romantic advance and insisted on keeping it mainly physical, not to mention refusing to break up with Chad even after she had proof of his cheating. It's been an uphill battle all the way and the MC really deserves a rest on this front. I'm sure he won't get it, I just hope Doc will be somewhat merciful.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm all for that in theory, but it does force further branching. The longer the MC can maintain a growing relationship with multiple girls OR settle on a single romantic partner (possibly two for M&J) and stay friends with the rest, the more branches the game will need to accommodate all those variations.

Now, among possible branching topics, I think this is one of the best to lavish developer time on. So if DPC is willing to put in the work, great! Let's keep the choice alive until the home stretch. But I won't be surprised if he maintains the open dating regime for a few more episodes, then forces us to commit to a dwindling set of options in an effort to compress some of the branches.
Not necessarily. I think ep 5 gave us a fairly good preview of how DPC will handle friendship paths and relationship paths going forward. If you're not FWB with Sage, you can still talk to her but you don't get the sex scene, and if you're not in a throuple with M&J, you can also still talk to them but don't get either of their sex scenes or the "picnic" scene. There are, however, several sex scenes with side girls - Camila, Lily, Sarah and Melanie - even a small bit with Jade.

So it's probably likely that they will thread that "branching" needle by having plenty of scenes with the LIs that have "relationship" and "friendship" variants, but also include plenty of scenes with side girls on CHICK and DIK to ensure there's always some sexy action. Maybe they could even have "alternate" scenes, for example, a Jade scene where there would be a M&J scene on their path. This, in my view, wouldn't add anything more to the workload than was probably going to be there in the first place.

Lol, looks like we're calling out the white knights and "nice guys" today! Seriously though, the amount of lying and the exact thing they lied about isn't enough to deem them bad people or "unworthy" (whatever the hell that means). When it comes to writing a good character at all, they have to have flaws. Taking it personally is on you (especially if you're mad at M/J and not Dr Pinkcake). If you want a girl who will love you unconditionally and never lie to you, maybe try playing some WVM instead.

Its fine to not be interested in their story, personally they're my least favorite story thread right now (as far as LGBTQ+ story lines go, it's nothing particularly ground breaking) but I'm also not here acting like they're terrible characters. If you are, might need to reexamine why.
Are you sure you quoted the right post? :WaitWhat: Because I'm honestly not sure why this reads like you think I don't like M&J because I am one of, if not THE, most staunch defender of them, especially Maya.

The post you responded to was me crticising those who do dislike/hate M&J because most of them are likely to be hypocrites who wouldn't think there was anything wrong if they did the same thing as them.

Dec 20, 2019
Most likely yeah, though I don't think it's really that warranted. At least not something so dramatic as the Josy/Maya twist.

When you think about it, 3 of the other main LIs started out with a clear romantic interest in the MC and even Bella came around by EP3. Sage on the other hand has rejected every romantic advance and insisted on keeping it mainly physical, not to mention refusing to break up with Chad even after she had proof of his cheating. It's been an uphill battle all the way and the MC really deserves a rest on this front. I'm sure he won't get it, I just hope Doc will be somewhat merciful.
He IS being merciful by not tossing 5 dramas at you in one go. Sage's, Jill's and Bella's turn will arrive as their back stories are being revealed. The question is who's next? My bet is on Sage with the HOT drama and Mel/Sarah's move and Heather's move coming.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Wrong. I don't lie to my partners. Ever. It's just not right and i wouldn't want to be lied to so why lie? Ever if the truth makes me look like shit i'm telling it. Sadly usually no one wants the truth...they'd rather hear a lie.
I think you're taking the situation a bit too seriously. They weren't partners. At most it was puppy love seeing as how they barely interacted. A little lie means very little about a person's character especially considering what the lie was about. What matters is how they develop after that. To completely write someone off for that is a bit childish. But to each his own. Someone disliking a character doesn't matter to me lol

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Y'all need to stop with all the Josy/Maya drama. Some people like them, some don't, get over it. I swear sometimes i believe half of these pages are either people defending Josy/Maya or hating on them.
Well, that's just goes to show that DPC has done a remarkable job at sparking so much controversy and heated arguments over two fictional characters. And he didn't even have to light anything on fire or kill anyone this time.

What would you like us to talk about though?

Reactions: Cokebaths

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
True, and honestly there have clearly already been dark themes in the story already. Abandonment by Maya's father, prostitution and drug use (though it's only a bit of weed which is legal in so many parts of the world at this point anyway). I don't mind the dark themes by any means, my worry is that he's gonna pull a Zack Snyder and make things needlessly dark and gruesome just for the sake of being dark and gruesome. There's a line between having dark themes and being edgy. I really hope the story doesn't slip into the latter.
Mean parents, prostitution, and drug use (you forgot the Ep 4 Quinn Tommy heroin scene) are conflicts and plot devices. These elements can and are in any genre. Doctor Detroit was a hilarious comedy with prostitution, abusive parent (Mom), and drug use, and it isn't considered "dark" by any stretch of the imagination. "Dark" is a genre, like "westerns," "action," "romance," "sci-fi," "situation comedy," "drama", or "musical." "Dark" is a mood, an atmosphere, a theme that is grim and borders on the thriller and horror genres. The (rather brilliant) game City of Broken Dreams is a great example of the dark theme. If you want to SEE what the dark genre looks like, play this game, or watch shows like Dark Matter, or Space Above and Beyond, Blade Runner, or Escape From New York for some Dark Sci-Fi, or just about any Tim Burton movie. The Adams Family movies are dark comedies, etc. I'm reasonably sure you would not suggest that BADIK share the genre of these movies. BADIK has more in common with Glee than Blade Runner!

BADIK has not a single shift in theme so far up to Episode 5 and has remained true to its format. It is currently firmly a romantic sex college drama with strong comedic elements, with crime, intrigue, romance, betrayal and other interesting dramatic subplots. But there is yet to be the grim, dread, fear, terror, depressed mood, perpetual darkness, constant rain, and similar elements that make stories dark. These elements emerged (in the form of psycho-horror) in a sudden splash in AL act 3, which had been a romantic/sex drama up till that point. This was intentional on the part of the writer. He was going for shock value and subverting expectations by suddenly derailing the theme to something utterly dark. It was a gamble but in the end, it didn't work. It was sudden, emotionally violent, and painful (as intended). The characters you had come to care about were suddenly made to suffer brutally before your very eyes where moments before you were smiling and enjoying the romantic tension and humor. Shocking changes that, as one player put it "as I was forced to watch." Many people were very put off by that.

Of course there are conflicts going on in BADIK. Conflicts must be present to form a series of words into a story. Something bad happened to Ashley at the AnO party. Something's creepy with Bella. And other conflicts. None of which has to change the entire genre and theme of the story. That is the concern.

If City of Broken Dreams suddenly turned into a light hearted family friendly comedy in the 3rd act, you can be sure, people would be pissed.

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
I think you're taking the situation a bit too seriously. They weren't partners. At most it was puppy love seeing as how they barely interacted. A little lie means very little about a person's character especially considering what the lie was about. What matters is how they develop after that. To completely write someone off for that is a bit childish. But to each his own. Someone disliking a character doesn't matter to me lol
Nah, was just stating not all people lie just to lie. Or maybe i'm trying to say some people are just better people.

• Angry
Reactions: Holy Bacchus
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes