Miskatonic81

Aug 2, 2020
Plus there was that one exchange in episode 4 I think, where you tell Tommy he was a terrible DIK father because he never taught you anything, and he says he'll try to do better. It kind of led me to believe that he'll start being friendlier eventually.

Reactions: Razrback16

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Plus there was that one exchange in episode 4 I think, where you tell Tommy he was a terrible DIK father because he never taught you anything, and he says he'll try to do better. It kind of led me to believe that he'll start being friendlier eventually.
He kind of has to now that MC isn't a maggot anymore.

Dec 20, 2019
Until episode 5 where his position as the "vice-president" is apparently slowly being usurp by MC. He's been giving me mixed impressions. Treating MC to a free lap dance, being proud of some of the things (bad things) that MC is doing, but being a jerk to MC at the same time.

Miskatonic81

Aug 2, 2020
Yeah mixed impressions is a good way to put it. And I guess who else could be a male foil at this point? Chad is a limp dick and roided out, who also low-key respects you for standing up for him (if you chose that option). And Tybalt is well... goofy as fuck.

Reactions: Razrback16

always86

Mar 19, 2020
If I recall correctly, DPC had a poll about VA, and most of the people deemed it 'not so relevant' or unimportant. I agree tbh, ofc you don't have the voice of a particular character, but, at least for me, it doesn't take anything away from the experience. Certain facial expressions (smirks, grins, etc.) set a good tone for the characters in general
I tend to think at the point it might be too late for VA. As others have expressed its tricky once you have a voice in your head. I don’t agree with the quality concern. There are lots of very good voice actors doing adult stuff at the moment. The big test will be Subverse, and how people react to that next year.

Some random skank hanging out with the drug dealers.
I’d guess she is the HOT who the DIKs mention who left.

The Jade sex scene 100/10
Yes, it is a shame to have to skip it for Maya x Josy. Bit like in Episode 5 having to miss the Josy bone down because the right choice is Maya.

Reactions: Pewdiepie9966

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, whatever Quinn and this guy have on their faces may not necessarily be a tattoo since we've seen Quinn without it, but it's definitely the same symbol on both of them.

View attachment 767954 View attachment 767953

:unsure:

It's either a gang sign or they're related in some way, siblings probably but maybe cousins.
but how would having the same tattoo be a sign of kinship? maybe if Quinn was a Native American ...

it seems to me much more likely that Quinn was initiated, and is now part of a real gang, voluntarily or not

Reactions: ename144

JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
Remember this day people. Burn it into your memory forever, as it's the day that Jaeger got his soul stolen by the short white haired chick in the banner. If possible, I'd like my soul back, but knowing DrPink it's gone forever and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Zirael Q

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I want to agree but going to the extend that she's going just to come up with money to pay "her brother" doesn't seems logical? Unless her brother is some ruthless kingpin, or she's trying to prove her worth to her brother and climb up the echelon, this is going towards the direction of a manga of a girl with brother complex.
If this were her brother, then how would Quinn feeling like she has to help him out of some sense of family loyalty or that she's repaying a debt to him be a "brother complex"? The whole concept of the brother/sister/Mom complex in manga/hentai is that the character has an attraction to this person and desperately seeks their approval, but this is not likely to be the case with Quinn if this were her brother.

As I said, perhaps he would be the only the family she has left and therefore feels like she has to help him because she doesn't think she has anybody else, or maybe he helped her when they were younger and she feels that she owes him for that. That's not "seeking approval", that's feeling trapped, because you feel like you owe it to this person to stick around and help with what they're doing even when you know it's wrong.

I'm sticking with my original theory that they are brother and sister. Makes perfect sense for a game about fraternities and sororities. Plus there are already several secretive family links.

Of course though, this is DPC, and I wonder if that's too obvious for him... maybe it's a double bluff...
The thing is, if this were her brother and she's helping because she feels she has no other choice, it could tie in quite well to the MC's opening monologue about the nature of family; that it's not always the one that you're born into and the people that you grow up with who are your real family, but the friends and connections you make in life that are your real family.

So if this were her brother and she's doing this for him because he's all the family she has left, this life lesson would help her to see that the people at B&R - HOTs and DIKs mainly - can be her family, and so she doesn't have to do what her brother wants just to keep him around because there are other people in her life that can, and probably do, care about her.

but how would having the same tattoo be a sign of kinship? maybe if Quinn was a Native American ...

it seems to me much more likely that Quinn was initiated, and is now part of a real gang, voluntarily or not
It could definitely be some sort of gang sign, absolutely, and I wouldn't rule that out. The guy in the preview pic might have it actually tattood on his face while Quinn applies it as make-up because she's not officially in the gang but is associated with them. But equally, it could be something shared by siblings to signify something important to them.

Either way, the fact that both have it is surely going to be a point of significance for Quinn's story.

Diavel

Apr 2, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Might wanna check again?
It's just her makeup.

From the same previews...

Well, whatever Quinn and this guy have on their faces may not necessarily be a tattoo since we've seen Quinn without it, but it's definitely the same symbol on both of them.

View attachment 767954 View attachment 767953

:unsure:

It's either a gang sign or they're related in some way, siblings probably but maybe cousins.

It isn't a face tatoo it's makeup or something Quinn puts on. We've seen her without that mark on her face.
A Stencil Makeup?????
The Shooting Star Gang Symbol????

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
The thing is, if this were her brother and she's helping because she feels she has no other choice, it could tie in quite well to the MC's opening monologue about the nature of family; that it's not always the one that you're born into and the people that you grow up with who are your real family, but the friends and connections you make in life that are your real family.

So if this were her brother and she's doing this for him because he's all the family she has left, this life lesson would help her to see that the people at B&R - HOTs and DIKs mainly - can be her family, and so she doesn't have to do what her brother wants just to keep him around because there are other people in her life that can, and probably do, care about her.
That's a pretty good point, I could see the story going this way, it totally fits the theme.

Reactions: zaynmessi12345

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Sometimes i feel like i'm playing a different title than you guys. I'm playing a college setting disney-level soap opera..

..while you are, apparently, playing one of those insane japanese visual novel games where you at the end of the first playthrough end up failing horribly and everyone dies.. only to realize that you have to replay the story again because its a cruel game that is set up so if you replay then further secrets will reveal themselves and after like 14 playthrough (witnessing horrible deaths of your loved ones each time through various tragedies) on the 15th one you can actually manage to get away without watching your lover's mangled corpse eaten and instead finally dares to reveal she loves you too, kiss kiss, congrats 'the -true- end' and "oh we hope you don't mind that 14 suicide-inducing horror trip to get here, hope you had fun, love, Dev."

I'm trying to figure out why do you guys think this holds more than what it actually shows and what makes you think there are complex secrets lurking behind every tattoo, every conversation, every look, every classroom door, every picture on every wall that has one, every smile, every smirk.

Have it ever crossed your minds that maybe there are simple answers behind mysteries here? Like.. two person wearing the same tattoo, why?.. just because. One had it and the other liked it and wanted it too. Out of childhood promise. Out of accident as both just picked one out of the tattoo catalogue.

Maybe there isn't a hidden reason behind every single miniscule detail of the game. The pictures on the wall are props and not keys to a hidden universe. Drugs and money aren't ties to international crime syndicates.

Maybe, just maybe, the characters in this title are 18-21 years old kids who just overreact the importance of college years and act like young and stupid true to their age-range stereotypes. Unthinkable? What if this is just a simple story, with just a bit more depth to it than usual, instead of a mystery novel.

Last edited:

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
This game is fantastic! I really like the model used for the Sarah character, it feels realistic both face and body (other ones are somehow too perfect, but I do not complain about it ;)). Her proportions feel natural. I wish her to be more present in future releases.
Could anyone please tell me what is the original source and if it has been used in other VNs?

Reactions: Aniac010

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Sometimes i feel like i'm playing a different title than you guys. I'm playing a college setting disney-level soap opera..

..while you are, apparently, playing one of those insane japanese visual novel games where you at the end of the first playthrough end up failing horribly and everyone dies.. only to realize that you have to replay the story again because its a cruel game that is set up so if you replay then further secrets will reveal themselves and after like 14 playthrough (witnessing horrible deaths of your loved ones each time through various tragedies) on the 15th one you can actually manage to get away without watching your lover's mangled corpse eaten and instead finally dares to reveal she loves you too, kiss kiss, congrats 'the -true- end' and "oh we hope you don't mind that 14 suicide-inducing horror trip to get here, hope you had fun, love, Dev."

I'm trying to figure out why do you guys think this holds more than what it actually shows and what makes you think there are complex secrets lurking behind every tattoo, every conversation, every look, every classroom door, every picture on every wall that has one, every smile, every smirk.

Have it ever crossed your minds that maybe there are simple answers behind mysteries here? Like.. two person wearing the same tattoo, why?.. just because. One had it and the other liked it and wanted it too. Out of childhood promise. Out of accident as both just picked one out of the tattoo catalogue.

Maybe there isn't a hidden reason behind every single miniscule detail of the game. The pictures on the wall are props and not keys to a hidden universe. Drugs and money aren't ties to international crime syndicates.

Maybe, just maybe, the characters in this title are 18-21 years old kids who just overreact the importance of college years and act like young and stupid true to their age-range stereotypes. Unthinkable? What if this is just a simple story, with just a bit more depth to it than usual, instead of a mystery novel.
we are in many Acting Lessons veterans.

so we expect the worst and look in every trifle for clues to the tragedy that will destroy us

:cry:

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020

There is nothing wrong with people having discussions based on theorys, it's what keeps this game alive and fresh.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
There is nothing wrong with people having discussions based on theorys, it's what keeps this game alive and fresh.
Sure they can, i'm not saying they can't, i had my fair share a year ago but after a while i got curious because theories become so far fetched and i wonder what makes people think this hides a Sherlock story.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes