Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Sometimes i feel like i'm playing a different title than you guys. I'm playing a college setting disney-level soap opera..

..while you are, apparently, playing one of those insane japanese visual novel games where you at the end of the first playthrough end up failing horribly and everyone dies.. only to realize that you have to replay the story again because its a cruel game that is set up so if you replay then further secrets will reveal themselves and after like 14 playthrough (witnessing horrible deaths of your loved ones each time through various tragedies) on the 15th one you can actually manage to get away without watching your lover's mangled corpse eaten and instead finally dares to reveal she loves you too, kiss kiss, congrats 'the -true- end' and "oh we hope you don't mind that 14 suicide-inducing horror trip to get here, hope you had fun, love, Dev."

I'm trying to figure out why do you guys think this holds more than what it actually shows and what makes you think there are complex secrets lurking behind every tattoo, every conversation, every look, every classroom door, every picture on every wall that has one, every smile, every smirk.

Have it ever crossed your minds that maybe there are simple answers behind mysteries here? Like.. two person wearing the same tattoo, why?.. just because. One had it and the other liked it and wanted it too. Out of childhood promise. Out of accident as both just picked one out of the tattoo catalogue.

Maybe there isn't a hidden reason behind every single miniscule detail of the game. The pictures on the wall are props and not keys to a hidden universe. Drugs and money aren't ties to international crime syndicates.

Maybe, just maybe, the characters in this title are 18-21 years old kids who just overreact the importance of college years and act like young and stupid true to their age-range stereotypes. Unthinkable? What if this is just a simple story, with just a bit more depth to it than usual, instead of a mystery novel.
2 things; this is certainly not a "disney-level" story, and if you view this as a "soap opera" then by that very definition it is going to have twists and turns, and mysterious intrigue, and characters holding deep, dark secrets, and relationship drama, family drama, inexplicable coincidences, outlandish plots, and emotional highs and lows.

DPC is not writing a straight-forward, cookie-cutter story, it's more of a mystery drama series like "Secrets and Lies" where, on the surface, BaDIK may seem like it's just a simple teen rom-com, but it isn't. Just think about the number of characters that were or are hiding secrets; Maya, Josy, Bella, Jill, Chad, Melanie, Sarah, Quinn, Riona, Camila, Burke, Tommy, Cathy, etc. There's mystery and intrigue everywhere in this story, and something that might seem coincidental likely isn't because it's all about building that intrigue by including hints and clues about how certain dots are connected.

This tattoo/symbol, for example, is simply too distinctive for it to not have some kind of significance not just because it's the same symbol, but it's also in the exact same spot. It means something, even if it's just as simple as being some sort of gang sign, it's still significant and not something DPC would include without a reason.

BaDIK is far from being a "simple story" with more depth, it's a deep story that presents itself as a simple story.

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020
Sometimes i feel like i'm playing a different title than you guys. I'm playing a college setting disney-level soap opera..

..while you are, apparently, playing one of those insane japanese visual novel games where you at the end of the first playthrough end up failing horribly and everyone dies.. only to realize that you have to replay the story again because its a cruel game that is set up so if you replay then further secrets will reveal themselves and after like 14 playthrough (witnessing horrible deaths of your loved ones each time through various tragedies) on the 15th one you can actually manage to get away without watching your lover's mangled corpse eaten and instead finally dares to reveal she loves you too, kiss kiss, congrats 'the -true- end' and "oh we hope you don't mind that 14 suicide-inducing horror trip to get here, hope you had fun, love, Dev."

I'm trying to figure out why do you guys think this holds more than what it actually shows and what makes you think there are complex secrets lurking behind every tattoo, every conversation, every look, every classroom door, every picture on every wall that has one, every smile, every smirk.

Have it ever crossed your minds that maybe there are simple answers behind mysteries here? Like.. two person wearing the same tattoo, why?.. just because. One had it and the other liked it and wanted it too. Out of childhood promise. Out of accident as both just picked one out of the tattoo catalogue.

Maybe there isn't a hidden reason behind every single miniscule detail of the game. The pictures on the wall are props and not keys to a hidden universe. Drugs and money aren't ties to international crime syndicates.

Maybe, just maybe, the characters in this title are 18-21 years old kids who just overreact the importance of college years and act like young and stupid true to their age-range stereotypes. Unthinkable? What if this is just a simple story, with just a bit more depth to it than usual, instead of a mystery novel.
Sorry to disagree but the resemblance of having the exact same tattoo (at least not permanent in Quinn's case) in the same exact spot of two people who are most likely connected (at least on the 'business' level) is not really 'far-fetched' but it's pretty on the nose and has some ground to it, so why not speculate? Having the exact same sign of a tattoo on yourself in the same spot can't really be justified by 'just because' as you said, there is definitely some kind of affiliation there, we don't know the degree of it, but we'll probably learn about it in the upcoming episodes

Last edited:

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Beginning of . Ending of .

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
but how would having the same tattoo be a sign of kinship? maybe if Quinn was a Native American ...

it seems to me much more likely that Quinn was initiated, and is now part of a real gang, voluntarily or not
Maybe that guy is Quinn’s brother and she has to sell his drug because the big boss will kill him...

Reactions: Dashxp4k

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
Not sure how that fight would go down. Bella would easily grab her magic axe that she keeps hidden on her body. And Sage would use her redhead powers.
Quinn eats popcorn watching the fight and does too much noises in the library. Ice Queen loses her focus on Sage and Sage kills Bella. Jill makes Sage fired after calling Cathy and Quinn wins MC. End of the game

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cokebaths

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Same hair-color too... even if it’s not a natural color.
if they were albinos it would already make sense ...:D

the hair color even if it were natural would not be an important test ...

I don't understand the hypotheses about the tattoo, among other things Quinn does it now (always if it's really a tattoo)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
anything can happen.

what I don't understand is how an identical tattoo would indicate kinship.

then perhaps it is a common custom far from Italy
It is not exactly a common custom in any country, it's simply not outside the realms of possibility that siblings who share a close bond could get matching tattoos of something that is significant to them. For Quinn, it doesn't seem to be a tattoo since she's sometimes seen without it, but it's still a symbol shared with someone else and you'll usually see that sort of thing with people who share a bond like close friends, military, and gangs, but siblings could equally do it as well.

Jan 23, 2020
Has anyone else noticed this guy's face tattoo from the previews?

Maybe Quinn and her dealer share the same tattooist, and hairstylist for that matter, or maybe its something more... possibly siblings?
That's clearly name88 - King of Hearts
He loves Quinn so much that he got that tattoo as a token of love.

"Quinn, my queen, look what I did just for you... We have the same tattoo now!" :HideThePain:
"Honey, that's sweet, but mine is just makeup..."

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019

Yeah, we know. Sometimes there's nothing there, we overthink, slightly miss the point and sometimes we are right. Some theories are serious, some are just for fun (looking at you, futa-Jill :ROFLMAO: ). That's a way to enjoy the experience too.
Not theories. Hypothesis would be the right term, a theory is something tested and supported by evidence.
That's in science. In regular speech saying theory is perfectly fine. It's like correcting people saying mass instead of weight at the supermarket.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
2 things; this is certainly not a "disney-level" story, and if you view this as a "soap opera" then by that very definition it is going to have twists and turns, and mysterious intrigue, and characters holding deep, dark secrets, and relationship drama, family drama, inexplicable coincidences, outlandish plots, and emotional highs and lows.

DPC is not writing a straight-forward, cookie-cutter story, it's more of a mystery drama series like "Secrets and Lies" where, on the surface, BaDIK may seem like it's just a simple teen rom-com, but it isn't. Just think about the number of characters that were or are hiding secrets; Maya, Josy, Bella, Jill, Chad, Melanie, Sarah, Quinn, Riona, Camila, Burke, Tommy, Cathy, etc. There's mystery and intrigue everywhere in this story, and something that might seem coincidental likely isn't because it's all about building that intrigue by including hints and clues about how certain dots are connected.

This tattoo/symbol, for example, is simply too distinctive for it to not have some kind of significance not just because it's the same symbol, but it's also in the exact same spot. It means something, even if it's just as simple as being some sort of gang sign, it's still significant and not something DPC would include without a reason.

BaDIK is far from being a "simple story" with more depth, it's a deep story that presents itself as a simple story.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, we know. Sometimes there's nothing there, we overthink, slightly miss the point and sometimes we are right. Some theories are serious, some are just for fun (looking at you, futa-Jill :ROFLMAO: ). That's a way to enjoy the experience too.
Toilets i'm telling you. They are everywhere. They are always watching. Girls are always naked infront of them have you noticed? :alien:
"Quinn, my queen, look what I did just for you... We have the same tattoo now!" :HideThePain:
"Honey, that's sweet, but mine is just makeup..."
I love this one :D

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes