• Josy:
  • Maya:
  • Bella:
  • Sage:
  • Quinn:
  • Jade:
  • Cathy:
  • The MC:

Haha, that's great! After the first two, when I figured out what you were doing, I tried to guess what they be. The only one I guess correctly on was Jade's song... and Tybalt's mom does got it goin' on.

Reactions: aarbei23

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
How do you get this scene? My playthrough was Sage route with Dik Affinity, but I don't remember getting that scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You must be on the Sage Path, but have CHICK affinities.

MC-DICK wants to beat alphas and Sage stops him.

MC-CHICK tells Sage not to listen to them, and Sage makes this gesture.

Rogueswan

Feb 7, 2019
Anyone else having problems with the compressed windows version? Errors occur during both lessons. The first lesson can be progressed through by pressing ignore a few dozen times, you fail the lesson but that doesn't really matter, but the maths lesson is impossible to get through. I pressed ignore about 100 times but its just ends up crashing altogether and shuts down. I've read that the big 10gig file doesnt have these issues, but I can't download a file that big without it stopping for some reason.
Hope someone can post a fixed compressed version soon. (I've downloaded two so far, the original 2.6gig and todays 2.61gig version 6.1 file, but both bug out in the same places)
Thanks to anyone who can help

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Kinda hilarious that some people are stressing over the Jill vs Sage choice. If you read into what Jill "thought" choosing Sage was the right choice. She thinks "now I can't tell him, maybe this is a sign" her goal was to
that's my perspective anyway.
I understand it as a sign that you are not as interested in her as she thought and therefore, move on

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
It's things like this that are making me feel more and more despondent with this game; character contradictions and forced drama to seemingly start pidgeon-holing people into particular routes way earlier than are perhaps necessary. As has been pointed out, Jill stood up to Tybalt on Rooster in defense of the MC, so why not here? Also, Jill said that she didn't mind the MC dating others and that it was only when people are in proper relationship that they shouldn't, so why does he suddenly decide not to do anything with Nicole and Sandy after their date? For those on the M&J path, he also laments afterwards about his relationship with them as another reason why he didn't fool around with Nicole and Sandy, but he was given a "free pass".

Everthing's just happened so quickly in this game and it seems to be getting sped up at a fair rate of knots. I know we have a lot of speculation about episode numbers, but there a post here a while ago about something said on Discord by DPC that sounded like 10 episodes could be what we're getting. If that's the case, then this would explain why things are starting to seem very sudden and rushed, but even so, it's still feels like too much too soon.
Gotta say... I was thinking we were nearing the end. Makes me retroactively pissed off about Ep5 being a waste of time.

Im worried the issues we have now are going to be the defining character arcs which sucks because these characters were setup to be so much more than the melodrama they have been given now.

Sage deserves more than her arc being “boyfriend dumped me, I got over it and now I’m with MC”

M&J (for all their flaws) deserve more than “my daddy was mean to me, I dragged my girlfriend along for the ride but I got over it and now I’m with the MC/Happy)

Bella sure as fucking shit better get more than “I was unhappily married, the circumstances of why came out, but I came to terms with it and now I’m with the MC”

Jill needs more than “I was blackmailed into not being with someone for spurious reasons but I got over it and now I’m with the MC”

I know I’m being factious but if this episode is the turning point, start of the end, it’s rapidly looking like this game is gonna be like every fucking other one and the character arc is just “what contrived drama do I have to overcome to be with MC?”

fuck that, characters deserve more.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I tried to link them to a song:
  • Jill:
  • Josy:
  • Maya:
  • Bella:
  • Sage:
  • Quinn:
  • Jade:
  • Cathy:
  • The MC:
Well done! I enjoyed almost all your choices. I wanted to disagree about Bella's song, but honestly you're probably right.

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
maybe its just me but after my most recent play through I kind of wish DPC could have time skipped it a little so it didn't feel like MC's first month of colledge was a cluster fuck. although the MC is also the narrator talking in the past tense so maybe that's why passage of time feels off.

before anyone says it I get why the first season had to take place over 2-3 weeks but still... (I realize this is possibly the dumbest thing to not want to suspend disbelief over but it just occurred to me. after like 50 posts discussing characters here)

edit: also I have to say I think Jill's response to you chosing sage is maybe the most grounded thing i've seen in this game so far

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
edit: also I have to say I think Jill's response to you chosing sage is maybe the most grounded thing i've seen in this game so far
What do you mean? explain please, I have my opinion but i like to see others

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
What do you mean? explain please, I have my opinion but i like to see others
Part of why I say that is the amount of time that has passed by this stage. at this point she's known you what maybe 4-5 weeks at a push. been on one date with you.

now she is in a position of where she has been told your going to get sued/have charges pressed against you if she sees you again and then dispite that she plans a surprise for you. (someone arguebly barely friends with she's barely friends with and may not be if she weren't in to you)

who then tells her they can't go because they said they'd look after a sick friend.

but in her mind the only friends of yours she's met are the DIKs and Josy. so its not that much of a stretch that after you turning down a date with her (albeit to look after a friend) she decides to take the path of least resistance and stop making an effort to see you

Reactions: Gladheim

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Kinda hilarious that some people are stressing over the Jill vs Sage choice. If you read into what Jill "thought" choosing Sage was the right choice. She thinks "now I can't tell him, maybe this is a sign" her goal was to
that's my perspective anyway.
I too think that the better decision is to go with Sage in this instance if you're still with both because it does show that the MC is a compassionate person wanting to help out his friend, so it puts him in a good light and I think she does believe him there. I can also see your point because whilst it sucks to turn her down after she made all these preparations, it could be seen that she was doing it as a sort of "goodbye" date, so by turning her down, she will see it as a "sign" that she shouldn't go through with Tybalt's blackmail because now she doesn't have this "goodbye" date.

Gotta say... I was thinking we were nearing the end. Makes me retroactively pissed off about Ep5 being a waste of time.

Im worried the issues we have now are going to be the defining character arcs which sucks because these characters were setup to be so much more than the melodrama they have been given now.

Sage deserves more than her arc being “boyfriend dumped me, I got over it and now I’m with MC”

M&J (for all their flaws) deserve more than “my daddy was mean to me, I dragged my girlfriend along for the ride but I got over it and now I’m with the MC/Happy)

Bella sure as fucking shit better get more than “I was unhappily married, the circumstances of why came out, but I came to terms with it and now I’m with the MC”

Jill needs more than “I was blackmailed into not being with someone for spurious reasons but I got over it and now I’m with the MC”

I know I’m being factious but if this episode is the turning point, start of the end, it’s rapidly looking like this game is gonna be like every fucking other one and the character arc is just “what contrived drama do I have to overcome to be with MC?”

fuck that, characters deserve more.
It does seem like each relationship is kind of coming down to overcoming difficult obstacles in order to be together, but what worries me more is that we're needlessly being held back from a lot of these relationships all because of this affinity/status system which is becoming more and more needlessly restrictive.

I keep coming back to the choice to help Quinn in this episode because although my MC isn't DIK and he's with M&J, he still took Quinn's number, used her services, and had sex with her, and even though he wasn't privy to the info from Sage that she might like him because my MC stayed with Bella, that is still true, yet the game isn't taking the more important interactions with Quinn into consideration in determining if she accepts his help or not.

So this concerns me in the sense that, just because we might not have a particular affinity and/or status, it will restrict us from relationships with certain characters and making certain choices even if we've done enough with them to surely be worthy of these relationships and choices.

RCDL

Jan 22, 2020
Amazing scene, you can feel sorry for her, but I haven't decided yet if she's genuilly developing feelings toward the MC and that's why she is so confused and angry because she's feeling weaker and afraid of her own feelings, or she's just working on another scheme involving the MC..

Man, this episode still give me chills. What a journey is this fucking game...
I think she is "in love" with us, but I feel that the anger she shows for us when she says that she is not a fragile little girl, is because we make her forget about business and that is unacceptable, she cannot lose focus aand hates us for destabilizing her, but let's wait for the next episodes, Quinn is my favorite girl.

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Im with you with the Maya and Josy.

I add: I firmly believe that on the path to friendship at some point you will be able to return with one of the two since their relationship will be broken. And in the path of the trio because I think that it will not work either and you will only be able to keep one and in both cases the other will be very, very fucked.
a trio path is a possibillity
it was a path in Pine Falls

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I understand it as a sign that you are not as interested in her as she thought and therefore, move on
Part of why I say that is the amount of time that has passed by this stage. at this point she's known you what maybe 4-5 weeks at a push. been on one date with you.

now she is in a position of where she has been told your going to get sued/have charges pressed against you if she sees you again and then dispite that she plans a surprise for you. (someone arguebly barely friends with she's barely friends with and may not be if she weren't in to you)

who then tells her they can't go because they said they'd look after a sick friend.

but in her mind the only friends of yours she's met are the DIKs and Josy. so its not that much of a stretch that after you turning down a date with her (albeit to look after a friend) she decides to take the path of least resistance and stop making an effort to see you
Well if you see my message I think almost the same.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I think she is "in love" with us, but I feel that the anger she shows for us when she says that she is not a fragile little girl, is because we make her forget about business and that is unacceptable, she cannot lose focus aand hates us for destabilizing her, but let's wait for the next episodes, Quinn is my favorite girl.
Who is not in love with MC? Hahahaha Sage,Jill, Maya and Josh are... Bella almost

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes