Helpme2001

Apr 14, 2019
guys when i start the exe it show my a tab to close the program or to wait the program to respond what can i do to solve it?

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
I know it's been done to death but it may be possible MC's dad didn't know and that's why he didn't tell the MC. I mostly base this on two things: 1. In flashbacks Neil is shown to be a bit of a fuckaround so it's possible he didn't know or care who he was working for when he met Lyn, and 2. Lyn might never have told Neil about her heritage, just like Jill never told the MC until Bella spilled it.

Imagine if Jill and the MC hooked up and she got preggers. Jill might not have ever told the MC about her parents and just run away with him. Even being surrounded by people who knew Jill was a Royce, and being at the school where that name is plastered up everywhere in big letters, MC never figured it out on his own. Possible for Neil to also have missed the clues about MC's mom.

But Neil also says not to expect anything from Lyn's side of the family. That might imply that he knows who they are and they said that. But he might also have said that because he doesn't know who they are and was told that by Lyn.

I might be missing some other stuff that was said, happy to be corrected. Like others have said, I don't really care if MC is from money or not, just an interesting topic.
I'm like 99.9% sure Neil knows Lyn's family and they just treated him like shit/disowned her when she didn't make the choices they wanted her to make so he has no relationship with them. Why would Lyn only tell him half of her background? That convo would look something like "Yeah, so... I'm from a rich family." "Which family?" "Oh, you know... just... one of them." Also, most (if not all?) marriage certificates include the wife's maiden name so wouldn't he just be able to look at that? Unless that's just a massive oversight by DPC...

Reactions: ename144

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I know it's been done to death but it may be possible MC's dad didn't know and that's why he didn't tell the MC. I mostly base this on two things: 1. In flashbacks Neil is shown to be a bit of a fuckaround so it's possible he didn't know or care who he was working for when he met Lyn, and 2. Lyn might never have told Neil about her heritage, just like Jill never told the MC until Bella spilled it.

Imagine if Jill and the MC hooked up and she got preggers. Jill might not have ever told the MC about her parents and just run away with him. Even being surrounded by people who knew Jill was a Royce, and being at the school where that name is plastered up everywhere in big letters, MC never figured it out on his own. Possible for Neil to also have missed the clues about MC's mom.

But Neil also says not to expect anything from Lyn's side of the family. That might imply that he knows who they are and they said that. But he might also have said that because he doesn't know who they are and was told that by Lyn.

I might be missing some other stuff that was said, happy to be corrected. Like others have said, I don't really care if MC is from money or not, just an interesting topic.
so when Lynette died, they buried her in the backyard like a house cat?

she may or may not have told them anything but to give birth and die a name and surname they put it on the certificates.

Also, did the inheritance cheque arrive, also anonymous? Signed by Lynette's secret family?

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
but mostly that's the point:

would it be such a big revelation that MC was a Burg? we know Lynette's family is rich, what does it change who they are?

as it stands Mc is basically an disinherited person, as long as that doesn't change who his family of origin is it really matters little.

if he was Rusty's cousin, what would that change?

And at the same time if he became rich, he would lose everything that has characterized him so far. He would become a good Tybalt...
Yeah, him coming from a big-name family won't mean much unless there's some sort of inheritance/trust fund that he's entitled to that the family has been keeping him from or something.

I'm not sure I agree that he would necessarily lose everything that's shaped his character f he were to suddenly find himself with money. It'd depend on how he handled said money/whether or not said money changed his personality. He could act pretty much the same and just no longer be a broke boi. He doesn't have to become a Tybalt. Or even a Rusty, although I don't think Rusty acts like an entitled asshole (anymore)/probably wouldn't even suspect he's from a v rich family if we weren't explicitly told so.

Reactions: dalli_x and isotope

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Aunt, right... now, is there anyone who could explain to me this crazy aunt Jill theory? :D
I think the basic idea is that Jill's mysterious/rebellious older sister is MC's mom? It's really not the craziest of theories, tbh. But I'm also not 100% sold on it either.

Reactions: Hermith

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
The story of Lynette and her wealthy family is not in the story for nothing.

(except to imagine a false trail left by DPC)

There's a point where it's going to come back into the narrative. But that doesn't mean Lynette's family is tied to Jill, Rusty, or Tybalt (or whoever else in the story).

Also, be careful, we only know what the MC's father said. If so, it was he who cut ties with the Lynette family after her death.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah, him coming from a big-name family won't mean much unless there's some sort of inheritance/trust fund that he's entitled to that the family has been keeping him from or something.

I'm not sure I agree that he would necessarily lose everything that's shaped his character f he were to suddenly find himself with money. It'd depend on how he handled said money/whether or not said money changed his personality. He could act pretty much the same and just no longer be a broke boi. He doesn't have to become a Tybalt. Or even a Rusty, although I don't think Rusty acts like an entitled asshole (anymore)/probably wouldn't even suspect he's from a v rich family if we weren't explicitly told so.
that would be almost inevitable

Even now that he only has that $5,000 he is constantly thinking about how to use it, if he had a lot more there would be no doubt, he would buy the windows, Maya's tuition, Quinn's drugs etc etc etc.

he certainly wouldn't still be thinking about how to replace the windows...

Giaochino

Mar 5, 2019
The story of Lynette and her wealthy family is not in the story for nothing.

(except to imagine a false trail left by DPC)

There's a point where it's going to come back into the narrative. But that doesn't mean Lynette's family is tied to Jill, Rusty, or Tybalt (or whoever else in the story).

Also, be careful, we only know what the MC's father said. If so, it was he who cut ties with the Lynette family after her death.
Of course is not for nothing.
Jill's sister isn't dead, she run away and her family told little jill "she's dead". In reality she became a very good surfer and is MC's first gf mentor.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
I'm like 99.9% sure Neil knows Lyn's family and they just treated him like shit/disowned her when she didn't make the choices they wanted her to make so he has no relationship with them. Why would Lyn only tell him half of her background? That convo would look something like "Yeah, so... I'm from a rich family." "Which family?" "Oh, you know... just... one of them." Also, most (if not all?) marriage certificates include the wife's maiden name so wouldn't he just be able to look at that? Unless that's just a massive oversight by DPC...
I'm about 50% sure I know anything at all so definitely could be. But we don't know exactly how those conversations went, or if Neil would even care. Remember at the start of the game it's mentioned explicitly that Neil has a bad memory, he gets sidetracked in a very simple conversation with the MC and takes a second to find his way back. Admittedly his wife's parentage is one hell of a thing to forget or overlook, especially with how influential they are but the door is open on some details. As for the marriage certificate, I dunno how it works, what has to be supplied or omitted. Possible that Lyn did put down her real name and Neil either forgot or didn't know the significance of the name, too many what-ifs to make the theory sound convincing atm.

so when Lynette died, they buried her in the backyard like a house cat?

she may or may not have told them anything but to give birth and die a name and surname they put it on the certificates.

Also, did the inheritance cheque arrive, also anonymous? Signed by Lynette's secret family?
What's wrong with burying your mom in the backyard? That's how I wanna go.

Obviously I don't have answers to what happened to Lyn's body, where she's buried etc. because it's not in the story. Maybe the B's took the body. I answered the thing about the certificates above and so I dunno about that either, whether she put a fake name or her real name and Neil forgot or didn't recognize the name. As far as the inheritance cheque, most big family's have trusts which I imagine would mention the name of the family but not necessarily. These are all great questions no one has the answers to yet... I only want to leave the door open on the theory because it's interesting, but again I don't care if MC is a B. Makes no difference in my book.

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Even now that he only has that $5,000 he is constantly thinking about how to use it, if he had a lot more there would be no doubt, he would buy the windows, Maya's tuition, Quinn's drugs etc etc etc.
Him buying windows for his frat house and paying Maya's tuition is like... 100% in line with who his character is now though. Like, the only reason he hasn't done it already is because he can't afford to do it. But if he could, he most likely would. So nothing would change.

As far as the drugs claim goes... idk what kinda wild boy you've been playing your MC as, but the most my MC has done is smoke a lil weed. I highly doubt he'd start doing cocaine or whatever tf Quinn sells lmao.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Him buying windows for his frat house and paying Maya's tuition is like... 100% in line with who his character is now though. Like, the only reason he hasn't done it already is because he can't afford to do it. But if he could, he most likely would.
A DIK MC should be able to lend Maya the money but make her sign a contract for a high interest rate.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Him buying windows for his frat house and paying Maya's tuition is like... 100% in line with who his character is now though. Like, the only reason he hasn't done it already is because he can't afford to do it. But if he could, he most likely would.

As far as the drugs claim goes... idk what kinda wild boy you've been playing your MC as, but the most my MC has done is smoke a lil weed. I highly doubt he'd start doing cocaine or whatever tf Quinn sells lmao.
disagree

there's all the difference in the world between giving your support, your work, your time and donating money (when you have lots and lots of it and you haven't even earned it)

To say that would be like saying that MC and Rusty have the same character, which is not the case at all.

an MC involved in Quinn's affairs would also pay her debts.

Reactions: Abhishek_tanwar

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I come from a different place than a lot of you guys do. I don't necessarily think having sex for money makes someone a slut.
"So you agree that since she's a sex worker, she's a slut."
Nah. By definition, a prostitute. Possibly a whore. Not necessarily a slut, but there is a reasonable amount of overlap, just as in the prostitute/stripper categories.

If it came down to Sage or Quinn, sorry Sage but you gotta leave. My bed may be big but 3s a crowd after sex. YEET!
You need a bigger bed, hombre. If you get the chance to have both you should absolutely take it.

• Angry
Reactions: brichouse

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm about 50% sure I know anything at all so definitely could be. But we don't know exactly how those conversations went, or if Neil would even care. Remember at the start of the game it's mentioned explicitly that Neil has a bad memory, he gets sidetracked in a very simple conversation with the MC and takes a second to find his way back. Admittedly his wife's parentage is one hell of a thing to forget or overlook, especially with how influential they are but the door is open on some details. As for the marriage certificate, I dunno how it works, what has to be supplied or omitted. Possible that Lyn did put down her real name and Neil either forgot or didn't know the significance of the name, too many what-ifs to make the theory sound convincing atm.

What's wrong with burying your mom in the backyard? That's how I wanna go.

Obviously I don't have answers to what happened to Lyn's body, where she's buried etc. because it's not in the story. Maybe the B's took the body. I answered the thing about the certificates above and so I dunno about that either, whether she put a fake name or her real name and Neil forgot or didn't recognize the name. As far as the inheritance cheque, most big family's have trusts which I imagine would mention the name of the family but not necessarily. These are all great questions no one has the answers to yet... I only want to leave the door open on the theory because it's interesting, but again I don't care if MC is a B. Makes no difference in my book.
you say that a forty year old man bringing a twenty year old pregnant woman to the hospital to give birth is inconspicuous? if she dies he signs a form and says goodbye to everyone?

That would be an incredible strain on the credibility of the story.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes