Tayr89

Jan 21, 2021
I don't recall exact lines, but I am sure Neil said it was Lynette's belongins not inheritance. I am trying to say that situation with grandma, who keeps her daughter diary for grandson, looks more logic than grandpa :)
Oooooh :) okay that would make sense in a way! I must have made an assumption because of the cheque :s

it will be interesting to see what the next update brings!

Jan 30, 2021
Jill acts out of fear and fear never brings you to the side of justice.

This is so obvious that I have difficulty explaining it.

If Jill thinks MC is guilty she's doing the wrong thing because she's covering for a guilty man, and she's doing it without even hearing his side of the story.

if Jill thinks MC is innocent she's still doing the wrong thing, because if she's innocent she has to defend her innocence, not cover up the accusations, doesn't MC have the means to defend herself? she does.

blackmail must be reported and dealt with, there's really nothing to discuss. there and then we can justify Jill's reaction, but it's been at least a week and we're still there.
i didnt even have time to talk about it in reply to abhishek_tanwar post

issue is that it doesnt matter what she thinks .

in court of law Tybalt has witness and MC was trespassing (Jill wasnt there so no he wasnt invited) .
Tybalts dad could easly kick MC out from B&R . he already had fights with Chad .
Bruke may have seen some post from Quinn about MC being pervert .
And maybe DIKed his wife / also he may feel MC is on to him .

i'd say is a toss up . Derek could take all the blame and all but then Derek could
end up in trouble .

By the time Bella managed to talk some sense into her it was already done .

As of a moral question ? its hard to tell

Jill and Bella will react to dicpic and punching Tybalt so its safe to asume
they only gonna bail MC once .

You're borderline asking how to deal with blackmail .
i think your question is bigger then just Jill or Being a DIK .

I accept Jills decision as part of the story . thats all .

tiqoff

Apr 1, 2021
The flags for helping Quinn are DIK affinity, lewd scene on the roof after smoking weed, and not being on M&J path. If you're unlocking it without having those conditions, the mod is doing something strange.
how's m&j blocks Quinn's path?
I wanna make a replay for Sage pass, with M, J and Q (and ofc Riona one love)) and full ignore Jill.

And btw, what Jill texts fter Tyb's presentation if there's no dickpick in it?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I accept Jills decision as part of the story . thats all .
we don't have much choice in this matter..., :ROFLMAO: we have to accept it, but we can always consider it a wrong choice

i didnt even have time to talk about it in reply to abhishek_tanwar post

issue is that it doesnt matter what she thinks .

in court of law Tybalt has witness and MC was trespassing (Jill wasnt there so no he wasnt invited) .
Tybalts dad could easly kick MC out from B&R . he already had fights with Chad .
Bruke may have seen some post from Quinn about MC being pervert .
And maybe DIKed his wife / also he may feel MC is on to him .

i'd say is a toss up . Derek could take all the blame and all but then Derek could
end up in trouble .

By the time Bella managed to talk some sense into her it was already done .

As of a moral question ? its hard to tell

Jill and Bella will react to dicpic and punching Tybalt so its safe to asume
they only gonna bail MC once .
without going too far into legal issues that nobody is interested in.

the fact that mc went uninvited to a party at the college is absolutely minor.

what are Tybalt's witnesses supposed to testify? they saw him do what? there are also HOTs at the party that would testify in his favour

then just because of Chad's precedent: one student beats up another and gets off with a reprimand and the office of president, another enters a party uninvited and what should they do to him?

Then what does it mean that when she talks to Bella it is too late? Why didn't she talk to her before? And can't she stop obeying Tybalt because she has already started?

You're borderline asking how to deal with blackmail .
i think your question is bigger then just Jill or Being a DIK .
no, establishing what is right is extremely easy, it's a different story to actually doing it.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Does anyone have any games similar to Being a Dik that they can suggest as good time fillers until the next update?
Similar in what way?

I just finished my first run of Heavy Five
It's a solid choice if your looking for 'similar' in that it is
A)Well written
B) Excellent renders (and the animations beat the stuffing out of BaDIK)
and C) a reasonable selection of branching paths.
But, sci-fi setting.
A Dev to watch. This one is their first venture and they're making some rookie mistakes. But I think, once they get it figured out, DPC has some real competition.

Also, got a chuckle from some of the same models being used as in BaDIK.
(For a split second I considered quitting when I saw the pilot):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
Similar in what way?

A)Well written
But, sci-fi setting.
A Dev to watch. This one is their first venture and they're making some rookie mistakes. But I think, once they get it figured out, DPC has some real competition.

Shit, Dani does look flying, I will check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

I just can't stand the Star trek guise, always more a Battlestar Gallactica kinda guy.

• Love
Reactions: Warscared
Jan 30, 2021
we don't have much choice in this matter..., :ROFLMAO: we have to accept it, but we can always consider it a wrong choice
[...]
no, establishing what is right is extremely easy, it's a different story to actually doing it.
No i can agree it was wrong choice but DPC wrote her without one .

Lets say she says no . Whole thing goes to court . who they gonna believe ?
im almost sure its not MC ( not to mention the costs for lawayers and all of that )

Bruke would easly expel him .
starting fights with everyone its obvious whos fault it is .

MC gets kicked out of B&R

Game Over

for the 2nd half of your question . why cant she stop ?
well she has Bella watching over after the first 2 dates i'd say Tybalt is getting screwed .

She maybe dealing with wrong but ... call me crazy and it maybe that i spent to much time in gender studies
but arent you guys victim blaming . Jill is being blackmailed here not Tybalt .

• Haha

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No i can agree it was wrong choice but DPC wrote her without one .

Lets say she says no . Whole thing goes to court . who they gonna believe ?
im almost sure its not MC ( not to mention the costs for lawayers and all of that )

Bruke would easly expel him .
starting fights with everyone its obvious whos fault it is .

MC gets kicked out of B&R

Game Over

for the 2nd half of your question . why cant she stop ?
well she has Bella watching over after the first 2 dates i'd say Tybalt is getting screwed .

She maybe dealing with wrong but ... call me crazy and it maybe that i spent to much time in gender studies
but arent you guys victim blaming . Jill is being blackmailed here not Tybalt .
Chad started the fight... Why this has to be a problen for MC?

A victim who does not report the crime is part of the prpblem

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Similar in what way?

A)Well written
But, sci-fi setting.

There was at least one reference to DPC in there too. Annie says, "And we could -all- survive. It's not like you're in a burning building and only have time to rescue one of two people now is it?" :rolleyes:

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018

View attachment 1219455
Such an awkward shot. So much effort into lightning, color, pose etc etc and yet static hair downright deletes the whole thing, uncanny valley instantly stikes hard. I'm not sure how to solve this - hardly buying appropriate hair cut just for these kind of shots is easy or even worth it since most people don't seem to be bothered by that.
Yeah, this is sad. Contrivances, really? Is it really going to break your heart to admit that there are flaws in this game?
Not only that but they cannot even ignore posters with different opinions about the game in question. The idea that basically any complex enough game is flawed in one way or another and still might be good if not even one of the best is just too much for some people.

Jan 30, 2021
Chad started the fight... Why this has to be a problen for MC?
srsly ? look . MC is the patern of the fights happening at B&R . not to mention later
he also has Dawe , 3 more joks . and that pile of fat reject .

im not sure if you're pulling my leg or just have never ended up in trouble .

no authority will look at Chad fight and go "ah but thats ok it was self defence'
they will go " ah so it happened before"

MC has history of getting into fights , trouble . if you on a DIK path Bella will even say as much

and there is no way Bruke will take MCs side over Tybalts .

from moral point of view = yes you're right
in real world = you're screwed .

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Image from Reddit ! 3 is pretty much Maya's style, but I think that white pants would also look good on her ! I prefer 2. 4 Black and yellow that's another great call back to Maya the bee :LOL:
View attachment 1227260
This is the most easy decision ever :ROFLMAO: . 4, easy, no question, no hesitation, or second thought , undisputed 4. if the Patreon voters can't see it, then there is officially no hope for them:ROFLMAO:.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Image from Reddit ! 3 is pretty much Maya's style, but I think that white pants would also look good on her ! I prefer 2. 4 Black and yellow that's another great call back to Maya the bee :LOL:
View attachment 1227260
I get that everyone likes the yellow top but... White pants, gotta be. Nothing highlights contours better than white, and that tight ass needs to be highlighted! :sneaky: Then I'd say the red top. #2 it is.

srsly ? look . MC is the patern of the fights happening at B&R . not to mention later
he also has Dawe , 3 more joks . and that pile of fat reject .

im not sure if you're pulling my leg or just have never ended up in trouble .

no authority will look at Chad fight and go "ah but thats ok it was self defence'
they will go " ah so it happened before"

MC has history of getting into fights , trouble . if you on a DIK path Bella will even say as much

and there is no way Bruke will take MCs side over Tybalts .

from moral point of view = yes you're right
in real world = you're screwed .
Jill witnessed the MC's fight with Chad, and the administration totally accepted the mc was the victim there. As much as we loathe Burke, he was fairly professional in that context.

I don't know how whiny the Burkes consider Tybalt to be, but considering the MC and Tybalt were involved in an altercation, I think they'd rule to sweep it under the carpet.

Not only that but they cannot even ignore posters with different opinions about the game in question. The idea that basically any complex enough game is flawed in one way or another and still might be good if not even one of the best is just too much for some people.
I take that as a direct comment towards me ('cause DavDR was talking to me at the time).

Personally, I don't think it's healthy to go around simply ignoring people with different opinions to ourselves, it leads to ignorance. Open minded discussion, with healthy debate leads to people stepping outside their comfort zones and growing.

Sure we get a little worked up here from time-to-time, but it's a discussion forum, it's good to discuss opposing ideas. Even if we don't come to a consensus by the end of an argument, no harm done.

Regarding the flaws, no one is denying that flaws exist, it's just some people are labeling anything they don't agree with as a flaw.

I'm not debating the existence of flaws, just whether the examples that some people are giving are actually flaws or not.

Entertainer33

Jul 24, 2018
I caught up with the current content for this game yesterday and I'm hooked... though not sure what I'm going to do inbetween now and the next update...

Does anyone have any games similar to Being a Dik that they can suggest as good time fillers until the next update?

ik it wasn't that long since the last update but does anyone have some kind of idea for when the next update will be released?
Lots of good suggestions so far. I personally have been enjoying "Halfway House" just as a suggestion.

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
View attachment 1227260
I truly like all 4 options here, so I won't care how this one turns out. If I had to pick one, it would be #3. It feels the most correct for Maya, but I think they all fit her style. Heh. I do agree that the white pants will show her great body off the most though. DPC has done well here to create 4 good options. :love:

Reactions: Marley300

RyanH

Oct 7, 2020
Renpy starts displaying errors when the game introduces the first english test. Haven't managed to ignore it nor skip it in any way, game remains unplayable thanks to that

tiqoff

Apr 1, 2021
What does Jill texts MC after Tyb's presentation?
And is it possible to stay with M&J and also maxout Quinn's relations?

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
when is the next update.
It will be around October or November at best.
thats true but Jill also seems to be only one that wants relationship

Sage - wants f-buddy
Bella - seems on the fance about it . she may not be against it but there is Jills feelings to consider.
Maya - right now i'd say she's happy with the way things are maybe in the future
(happy as in she's to busy getting her things fixed first - she's happy MC is around)
Josy - has to consider Maya . If she wants Maya as well - she's happy with things the way they are
Quinn - if being her bitch is considered relationship . then yes
You described the characters really well especially Maya's that she's happy that MC is around whereas josy want's more
The easy answer is, they don't care.

Maya fans won't like Quinn, because Quinn's behavior to Maya is inexcusable. Unlike Sage who misunderstands the situation as Maya not knowing Quinn's humor/style, we as the semi-omniscient audience know that Quinn is fucking with Maya without any concern for the damage she does.

Quinn fans simply don't care about Maya, and consider she is responsible for her own choices and behavior, and if she was naive enough to think all she had to do was pass the initiation and she'd get free tuition (which was her understanding), then she deserves all the shit that comes her way. I even have a bridge she might be interested in buying. :rolleyes:

Then there are those (like myself) who enjoy all the characters for their merits and don't really concern myself with their short comings unless I find them too annoying. Quinn isn't annoying me, plus she's a very interesting character to pursue. In real life? Fuck no! But this is a no-consequences endeavor (it's just a game), and I want to ride Quinn out to see where it goes.
A simple healthy discussion here...
Quinn Fans fuck Maya fans
Screenshot (168).png
And vice versa
Screenshot (170).png
Does anyone know what the other polls looked liked? And what the winners were?

Option 4 won and this was the first poll for ep8

Reactions: SteveyP
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes