Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Dude's is making at least $30,000 a month from this game, gross. Why the hell would he want to quit? He's got plenty of story left to tell.

Nah, he'll finish out this game as he has it envisioned, and probably make smaller stuff from now on.

And even if you're retired, the advice is still good. Enjoying things is fun.
He makes a lot more than 30k a month. Money is not everything. He is burned out on this. He has another story he wants to start, a Medieval one.

He is big time now. He can count on patrons following him. Money won't change. Better to go out when he is still a bit motivated on BADIK than to drag himself down grinding it out 7-9 months at a time. He won't hire help. He is OCD style perfection on his renders, and while they are 99% of the best there is, there are a couple of slips starting to creep in.
He can't keep up the pace, and yes, regardless of what the bois on here say, the workload just increased with this last chapter.
So 1-2 more tops, then new game time.
I am enjoying life.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Nope I am afraid I am willing to bet I am much older my friend. I am a retired rocket scientist lol. For Real. Sadly got out before Elon got rolling or I might still be there. I am an old man. Kids, Grandkids, 2 ex wives, 1 current wife, 1000 Ren'Py girlfriends.
You just made me feel a lot better about being older. I don't know why but I always picture the users on the other side of their monitors as teenagers.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Give me Jill babies come next update.
Give me Bells wedding the one after that.
Give me Jade engagement in the third.
Give me Maya+Josy photo studio cowonership and 1st tripple marriage in the world on 4th.
Give me Quinn rehab in my cuddly deep throbbing arms in the next ...
He makes a lot more than 30k a month. Money is not everything. He is burned out on this. He has another story he wants to start, a Medieval one.

He is big time now. He can count on patrons following him. Money won't change. Better to go out when he is still a bit motivated on BADIK than to drag himself down grinding it out 7-9 months at a time. He won't hire help. He is OCD style perfection on his renders, and while they are 99% of the best there is, there are a couple of slips starting to creep in.
He can't keep up the pace, and yes, regardless of what the bois on here say, the workload just increased with this last chapter.
I am enjoying life.
My dreams could use some realisation.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

I am enjoying life.
There is no reason to believe that the game will end in 1-2 updates. There are too many questions in the game that can be completed in this time. Yes, he is no longer young. And so I think that most likely he will release shorter updates in order to keep within 3-4 years. He sees how much his game is loved and appreciated to finish it so quickly. In any case, you just need to wait for the first news. Hopefully this Friday.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018

I am enjoying life.
I get his OCD - it's pretty much a basic job requirement for what I do for a living - and sustaining it for decades isn't a problem, if you like what you're doing.

It looks like he's gonna get a break for the next update anyway - it looks like we're gonna get a story line about Zoey, which will give him time to create whole new environments, characters, settings, etc. Just the thing for the middle of a big project. And, if it were me, it would be a good place to do a shorter update, since she's not the main character of the game, and he probably just has to give enough of her back story that having her show up will make sense. Sort of like the flash backs at the begining of episodes, but a bit longer. I mean, it's a guess, but it would make sense.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Arigon

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Nope I am afraid I am willing to bet I am much older my friend. I am a retired rocket scientist lol. For Real. Sadly got out before Elon got rolling or I might still be there. I am an old man. Kids, Grandkids, 2 ex wives, 1 current wife, 1000 Ren'Py girlfriends. Oh and I am not complaining. I am simply saying that we are coming to the end, enjoy it while it lasts and move on to the next game.
Amateur, I've got way more exes than you do

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020

I am enjoying life.
Hmmm Idk 2 more Episodes seem a bit unrealistic at least imo unless they are both like 20 hours long each there is no way every little plot point will be resolved/explained not to mention every episode introduces new ones also think it would be weird to essentially make a new game with season 3 just for it to be 2 eps some of the rumours back when ep 7 came out was that we are getting 16 to 20 eps in total which 20 seems more likely or at least 18 but of course that's just my opinion

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I get his OCD - it's pretty much a basic job requirement for what I do for a living - and sustaining it for decades isn't a problem, if you like what you're doing.

It looks like he's gonna get a break for the next update anyway - it looks like we're gonna get a story line about Zoey, which will give him time to create whole new environments, characters, settings, etc. Just the thing for the middle of a big project. And, if it were me, it would be a good place to do a shorter update, since she's not the main character of the game, and he probably just has to give enough of her back story that having her show up will make sense. Sort of like the flash backs at the begining of episodes, but a bit longer. I mean, it's a guess, but it would make sense.
I'm not sure, but I think he created all the locations of the campus and it will save him time. We don't know anything about the interlude at all. Obviously, this will be a linear and simple story without transferring saves. Something like a big prologue. I don't think it takes a lot of time to create an interlude.

dturpin

Jul 25, 2017
Hey, can anyone help me please. I'm stuck with the task: Invite Josy and Maya to your room. I want to text them, but get no option for that?

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
I'm not sure, but I think he created all the locations of the campus and it will save him time. We don't know anything about the interlude at all. Obviously, this will be a linear and simple story without transferring saves. Something like a big prologue. I don't think it takes a lot of time to create an interlude.
No question, having an existing catalog of venues for the game saves time, but it's also kind of fun. So, he can make a bunch of new ones for the interlude, then get back to the main game. It gives him a bit of a break, a bit of a chance to shake out his hands, as it were, and go on from there.

Aikadil

May 6, 2021
Hello, I notice that the link of the patch 0.6.1 > 0.7.2 has been replaced by the link of the patch 0.8

Unfortunately for French people the translation of the 0.7.2 is only released a few days ago, so we still need the 0.7.2 patch. Does anyone still have the link?

Thank you.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes