sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Well, in my experience it's more fun and complicated when HER parents walk in on you :KEK:
It brings emotions and feelings you never possessed before in your life :ROFLMAO:
Actually this can be both of our parents now... but I agree... to add to the drama factor it's waaay better if it's her parents...
828dd94a1521ed2ff74eee978ebdc0788d9c5abfbc50860ec927f6263536af1d.jpg
Instant meltdown :KEK:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nice shot. I see off angles like this and my Dalli conspiracy brain starts kicking in. I know there isn't a hidden camera in there and certainly not behind a fan, but with the number of times DPC uses the 'dark voyeur' horror film trick, I always wonder. The most overt usage was when Bella was sucking down on MC pole in the library with the camera dolly placed outside the window. Now I always think characters are being watched or secretly filmed. Riona, back me up here.

This particular scene aside, I return to subject Stephen. It just seems like the original Jade/MC video wasnt his first voyeur rodeo. He most certainly has an infiltrator rat who is covertly funneling info and private data to him. I just wonder how many more he has (both blackmail materials and rats...one in each fraternity/sorority house?). This is something that needs to be revealed in season 3 and not 4.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Perhaps we have all misjudged Sage from EP1-EP5.:rolleyes::unsure:

The Sage from the beginning, was actually the wrong Sage. She found out that Chad was cheating on her and switched to fight mode. That's why she was so fiery and passionate, because she was jealous and wanted to take revenge on Chad. (y)

But in EP6, Chad ends the relationship with Sage and Sage realized so she doesn't have to fight for Chad anymore because she lost him. Because of this, Sage has actually returned to her normal self, which we see in EP6-EP8.:rolleyes:
Sage has always been that way. She's always been caring, remember how she tries to cheer you up when you're down after the M&J reveal. Now we're getting to see the woman behind the party girl, but I don't think she has changed. She's always been a big softie, and I've said that before in this thread.

Jun 12, 2020
Perhaps we have all misjudged Sage from EP1-EP5.:rolleyes::unsure:

The Sage from the beginning, was actually the wrong Sage. She found out that Chad was cheating on her and switched to fight mode. That's why she was so fiery and passionate, because she was jealous and wanted to take revenge on Chad. (y)

But in EP6, Chad ends the relationship with Sage and Sage realized so she doesn't have to fight for Chad anymore because she lost him. Because of this, Sage has actually returned to her normal self, which we see in EP6-EP8.:rolleyes:
See, this guy gets it. Sage is the best

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Opinion. Sage has never had a DIK personality. At first glance, when meeting at the beginning of the game, she may seem like a bitch with a superiority complex, a typical pretentious cheerleader (Bella mentions this, by the way, but stipulates that she judges people superficially in vain). The fact that she is not who she seems to be seen during the game. Sage shows concern when MC gets beat up by jocks. She resents when MC jokes about his dead mother because MC made her feel like crap. She didn't like that MC considered himself a comfort boy after her breakup with Chad. After all, she loved Chad, and it shows.

The image of a bad girl is just a mask she wears to protect herself. Sage is actually neutral. She has signs of both DIK and CHICK affinity. It's depend on situation. The proof of this is that she is satisfied with any type of MC personalities. It doesn't matter if you're DIK or CHICK - the Sage way is always available. She has a hot temper, she loves hard sex and experiments in bed, she is a little wild thing.. But she cares a lot about people close to her. She is wild, open-minded and have a big heart. At that moment I realized that she is my type:
View attachment 1830305

Sage's character is actually revealed in the seventh episode when she agrees to try and help Maya and sticks up for her because she is one of them. Perhaps Maya reminded her of herself in her early years. No wonder the seventh episode is called "True Colors". People, stop frustrating over a fake occasion. If you want a girl to be completely DIK then you have Quinn for that.
Good take, man. Very nice.

Reactions: CoalPhelps

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This particular scene aside, I return to subject Stephen. It just seems like the original Jade/MC video wasnt his first voyeur rodeo. He most certainly has an infiltrator rat who is covertly funneling info and private data to him. I just wonder how many more he has (both blackmail materials and rats...one in each fraternity/sorority house?). This is something that needs to be revealed in season 3 and not 4.
We know the DIKs are aware that Burke has "eyes" on things.

When the mc is about to fuck Sage after the CUMpetition, Jacob stops him and warns him that not only will Chad find out before sunrise:
If the dumbass mc didn't interrupt, I'm sure we all agree now that Jacob was worried about her father, Burke, finding out.

But that said, I don't think Burke's response to the video of Jade was that of a voyeur, more like that of an opportunist.

When Jade threatens divorce:

Jade: "No! If you get the screwdriver, you can bring the divorce papers with it!"​
Burke: "Will you stop threatening me with that! We're not getting divorced!"​
Jade: "Only because you were stupid to not get a prenup, you jackass!"​

Jade means that Burke doesn't want a divorce because he'll lose a lot of money. In DPC's world of gays still hiding in the closet, lesbians afraid that they will be judged for having a girlfriend, loans where creditless, broke 18 year old students can be guarantors, I wouldn't be surprised if evidence of infidelity can screw one party out of an equal settlement in a divorce.

So I reckon Burke isn't getting off at being cucked, he's happy that he now has leverage over Jade. But personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about Burke in this situation, I'd be more concerned about Jade once she finds out the video was leaked. :eek:

The other reason why Jade didn't want Burke to bring the screwdriver:

On an unrelated note, this has to be the most unflattering render of any character in the entire game!
That said, if this was Jill, imagine her toothy maw magnified under the shot glass! :eek:

If only there was a shot of Chad in the audience. Lucas was gold, but Chad would have been platinum! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
ice shot. I see off angles like this and my Dalli conspiracy brain starts kicking in. I know there isn't a hidden camera in there and certainly not behind a fan, but with the number of times DPC uses the 'dark voyeur' horror film trick, I always wonder. The most overt usage was when Bella was sucking down on MC pole in the library with the camera dolly placed outside the window. Now I always think characters are being watched or secretly filmed. Riona, back me up here.
No, that is not DrPinkCake's most overt usage of horror film angles.

This is:

Just not from this game.

Last edited:

gotmy223

Jun 4, 2017
How close (or far) is this game from beginning completed? I've been wanting to play it over a year, but I've been holding off. I think I'll enjoy the experience a lot more if I'm able to play it from start to finish.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
How close (or far) is this game from beginning completed? I've been wanting to play it over a year, but I've been holding off. I think I'll enjoy the experience a lot more if I'm able to play it from start to finish.
Episodes are coming out at roughly just around 2 per year (give or take a few months), and there's potentially another 8 more episodes (the game is said to be half way through). So 4 more years to go!

That said, there is probably close to 40 hours of the story ready to go right now, and that's without replaying it at all (and it's definitely highly replayable).

I'm really torn on this one now. Do you forget about it for four more years and play it in one go, thoroughly enjoy it and then it's all over, or do you start now and spend the next 4 years pining for each episode release, theorising with the rest of the maniacs here, and basically ratchetting this game experience up to screaming pitch?

I'm gonna say, download it now and play it (remember to download Season 1&2 first, then the interlude). Then join us for the ride for the next 4 years. But it's your risk to take. :p

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
At that moment I realized that she is my type:
View attachment 1830305

Sage's character is actually revealed in the seventh episode when she agrees to try and help Maya and sticks up for her because she is one of them. Perhaps Maya reminded her of herself in her early years. No wonder the seventh episode is called "True Colors". People, stop frustrating over a fake occasion. If you want a girl to be completely DIK then you have Quinn for that.
I must say, at first I had my doubts about Sage because of this party persona, although red-haired, green-eyed beauties are my weakness. Plus I kinda liked Maya, so I'm ghosting Sage a little bit. After she asked me to teach her on the guitar I started to realize that I underestimated her. But after the love triangle drama, caring for a sick Sage, and other demonstrations of her sweet side in other episodes, I definitely decided to switch to her path. And after she sheltered Tremolo and took care of his comfort the whole time I finally realized, "Damn, why the hell am I wasting my time with these hoes when the prom queen was always waiting by my side." So, yeah, I instantly fell in love with her and I completely lost interest in the other main routes, especially the Goblin Queen.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
First off, great comparison, although being the number cruncher you are, I can't believe you didn't back-calculate the number of Leap of Faith animations based on previous average animation length and estimated frame rate.

Tell him, Lost:

Second, my question was actually about the number of scenes. As I mentioned, I've seen a lot of comparisons regarding the number of animations and renders and the amount of gameplay time between BaDIK and other games. What I haven't seen is a comparison of the number of scenes.

On a similar note to what you said about there being no clear rules for what constitutes an "animation" (even though you mistakenly attributed it to me), it can also be said about what constitutes a "scene." I suppose it would help to define "scene" before I ask such a question.

If I were so bold as to set some basic ground rules, I would say a move from one distinct location to another is the primary definition of a scene change as it applies to AVNs, just as it does to film. For the purpose of this question, I'll mostly disregard (with certain exceptions) other types of film scene changes, such as during a group scene when some characters leave and others stay and a different dialogue begins, or when the focus changes from one group to another within the same location.

With this in mind, I'll give a rough total number of scenes in BaDIK Episode 8 with which to compare to other games. Remember, I'm mainly (but not solely) going by a change in location. Moving from one room to an adjacent room counts as a change in location.

Episode 8 Scenes by Category in no particular order:

Total: 93 (I was way off, too, Pasha)

I'm sure you've either spotted some scenes that you don't think are actual "scenes," or you think some were unjustifiably overlooked. Yes, I know I left out things such as phone conversations during free roams, the beach ball mini-game, and the MC trying to figure out how to use DPC's Official BaDIK Mod for future episodes....uhhh....I mean that black box on his desk. (A fella can dream, right?)

No matter how you want to tweak the list, I think the point is made that there is a crazy amount of individual scenes built into a single episode.

NOW, can anyone tell me how the number of scenes in Episode 8 compares to the number of scenes in an update of any other comparable games/AVNs?
You don't ask for much, do you?

I consider myself more of an analyst than a research scientist. AFAIK, the numbers you're looking for just don't exist anywhere and I have a rather busy week so I can't just go get them myself. Still, it's an interesting question so maybe if I have time this weekend I'll see if I can gather some data. I'll try to use your definition of scene, but we need to address some edge cases first.

1. if a game presents the same basic scene on different paths but swaps out some of the cast, does it count as the same scene or a different scene? What if the scenes have minor variations? What if they are completely different, but are mutually exclusive and occupy the same 'spot' in the narrative? Where do we draw the line?
  2. If the game interleaves events at two separate locations, does that count as a single scene or one scene for each location? What about flashbacks?
  3. How do we handle montages? Do we ignore them even if they include snippets of dialog/action?

Actually, I thought that scene was pretty good. Obviously not as good as when your MC avoided sex with Lily or anyone else before Sage and you got the full scene.

But the fact that Sage only rated that full scene as a 3/5 shows that Sage has pretty damn high standards, and kinda indicates she has had some previous experiences in such matters. o_O I wonder what ratings she gave Chad? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Incomplete, obviously. :p

I got bait-&-switched. Honeypotted by a foxy ginger. Everything in early game led me to believe she was our only DIK side main LI. From DIK only choices to her party girl ways and even her early carefree attitude regarding the pledges especially Maya (sees Maya in turmoil but basically tells her idgaf, deal with it). Come to find out, she is now just as Chick as any of the main girls.

I was still getting that firepussy on the regular through season1 and early season2, so if there were any signs of Saint Sage the good-hearted, I was blinded by some screamin' demon ginger box. Ep 6 i was still on board. A little miffed that Sage was out of commission, but I knew good times would return after she recoverd. How wrong I was. :HideThePain:

I'm gambling everything on ep. 9. I'm putting season 2 out of my head and placing all of my trust in season 3. I might get let down again, but I'm at least willing to give it the B&R college try.
I thought it was clear Sage was more than just a DIK-centric party girl after Episode 2, but I agree she's overplayed the responsible woman aspect more recently.

I still say the real problem is that atrocious "Rebound Guy" scene. It unilaterally slammed the brakes on the romance over an issue that had never been even hinted at previously. To make matters worse, the game promptly reversed course and hit the jets afterwards so Sage could get her lewd scene in Episode 7, then had the MC propose a threesome with Quinn in Episode 8 right before he (potentially) hit the brakes again by ending the relationship so as not to be unfair to Sage. That's not a character arc, that's a pinball machine. How we're supposed to get through it without a neck brace I'll never understand.

Last edited:

gotmy223

Jun 4, 2017
Episodes are coming out at roughly just around 2 per year (give or take a few months), and there's potentially another 8 more episodes (the game is said to be half way through). So 4 more years to go!

That said, there is probably close to 40 hours of the story ready to go right now, and that's without replaying it at all (and it's definitely highly replayable).

I'm really torn on this one now. Do you forget about it for four more years and play it in one go, thoroughly enjoy it and then it's all over, or do you start now and spend the next 4 years pining for each episode release, theorising with the rest of the maniacs here, and basically ratchetting this game experience up to screaming pitch?

I'm gonna say, download it now and play it (remember to download Season 1&2 first, then the interlude). Then join us for the ride for the next 4 years. But it's your risk to take. :p
Yeah, I'm really torn.

I didn't discover games like Depraved Awakening, Lust Epidemic, Dreams of Desire, and Man of the House until well after they were completed; and I remember how satisfying of an experience it was to be able to play them from start to finish.

And I also remember making the mistake of starting City of Broken Dreamers early in it's development, and instantly regretting it. The game is so good that I absolutely HATE having to wait on the next update. LOL! I stopped playing it 2 years ago, because I'd rather wait for the finished product.

I'm pretty certain that if I start Being a DIK, I'm going to have the same highs (playing a great game), and the same lows (having to wait for the next update). LOL! But 4 years in a long time to wait for its completion!

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
I guess my issue with this game was when I tried to continue on the next section I found all my saves were rejected so I would have had to start from scratch. Not even sure where I got to in the story....I think I was playing 8.1 or maybe 8.2, but now I'm confused as the heading in here says 'Interlude' is that something else to play or is it just saying the game development is suspended for now?

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Yeah, I'm really torn.

I didn't discover games like Depraved Awakening, Lust Epidemic, Dreams of Desire, and Man of the House until well after they were completed; and I remember how satisfying of an experience it was to be able to play them from start to finish.

And I also remember making the mistake of starting City of Broken Dreamers early in it's development, and instantly regretting it. The game is so good that I absolutely HATE having to wait on the next update. LOL! I stopped playing it 2 years ago, because I'd rather wait for the finished product.

I'm pretty certain that if I start Being a DIK, I'm going to have the same highs (playing a great game), and the same lows (having to wait for the next update). LOL! But 4 years in a long time to wait for its completion!
In a way I kind of agree with you, but discussing it is also part of the experience. A cliffhanger doesn't have the same impact if you can continue right away.

I guess my issue with this game was when I tried to continue on the next section I found all my saves were rejected so I would have had to start from scratch. Not even sure where I got to in the story....I think I was playing 8.1 or maybe 8.2, but now I'm confused as the heading in here says 'Interlude' is that something else to play or is it just saying the game development is suspended for now?
Interlude is a side story between regular episodes. The game is developing like normal.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Lily cant be a federal agent since she is dealing drugs and having sex for money. Both are crimes even if she was a federal agent. Even on moves they don't actually do sex for money or sell drugs when undercover. Reason why many or some of them gets suspended when they end up using drugs and stuff. I am pretty sure he won't go on that road.
Lily hasn't had sex for money. The only things we've seen her do is a (fucking awesome!!!!) blowjob in exchange for shots, and a straight up hook up with the MC. She's a stripper, but that's not illegal, and we haven't seen her involved with any prostitution.

But more to the point, if you don't think that vice cops will engage in any activity right up to doing drugs and having sex with prostitutes, you don't know what you are talking about. In the US, vice cops are allowed to do pretty much anything. Entrapment laws don't even exist anymore, when it comes to drugs and prostitution. Even when they are still on the books, they are gleefully ignored by every single cop, prosecutor, and judge in the system.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes