Master5043

Jul 30, 2020
Is Sage wise?

She doesn't realize that her longtime boyfriend is gay.

She doesn't realize that the sorority she's supposed to lead is a house on fire on the verge of crumbling down.

:unsure:
Yes, she is.
1. Uncovering a gay who is encrypted is a very difficult task. In behavior, they do not differ from heterosexuals, all that we know about them from old movies is stereotypes and prejudices. Chad is good at hiding erection problems with Sage by taking steroids.
2. She doesn't see what's going on in the sorority. She dumped all the work on Quinn, while doing her dissertation. She doesn't actually lead the community. And Quinn is from a crime family, very good at conspiracy.
You're right about one thing, the sisterhood is on fire that Quinn started. And she's like that dog from the meme, sitting in the middle of a fire and saying "THIS IS FINE"

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
1. Uncovering a gay who is encrypted is a very difficult task. In behavior, they do not differ from heterosexuals, all that we know about them from old movies is stereotypes and prejudices. Chad is good at hiding erection problems with Sage by taking steroids.
Honestly, do you mean it? for real?

Her mother even told her he is gay.

She doesn't see what's going on in the sorority.
Dude, they live together under the same damn roof. She didn't realize that her flatmate is selling drugs. She didn't realize that her flatmates are prostitutes. How can it be?

Man, are you for real?

Are you trolling?

As John McEnroe would say: "You cannot be serious!"

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
No, I have it completely muted throughout the entire game. Unless I'm playing a game where I need to hear footsteps behind me or something other vital, I shut of all sounds(excluding VoIP, communication is important). I've disabled all music in games I play since the 1980s. If the writing/story of a game is good it will be just fine without the music. Kinda the same reason I avoid shows that use a laugh track. If you have to queue up the laughter so that I know it was funny, it wasn't funny. The thing that irks me the most is when somebody releases a game and it ignores my mute-all settings and they insert random knocking (on doors) or really shitty moaning, too.
I hope you play the games in black & white, too. :p

I'm with you on the moans, though; I'll mute whatever it takes to get rid of those. What kills me is when games include a separate volume slider for Voices and *still* lump the gawdawful sex-sounds under Music (if they're mutable at all). It's like they're toying with me.

What? No. He'd never.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The man is far too smart to revisit that.
He's too smart to do it by accident, but I think he's entirely willing to do it again if that's the story he wants to tell. I don't think BaDIK is going there, but I'm sure not letting my guard down; that's precisely what he'd be waiting for! :eek:

the comparison with salt seems a tad exaggerated to me....

a food without salt (except if it is not completely needs like a dessert, not all of them, or anything else) hardly makes its point

instead in an AVN the music is an addition, to stay with the culinary comparison, like cream on ice cream or spicy.

And in BADIK this cream is among the best in the world, but it still remains an addition.
People are welcome to play the game however they like*, but I don't think you can say the music is just an add on. It's clearly a major part of the game's design, just like the character models or the UI. DPC wouldn't bother to hardcode specific tracks to certain scenes otherwise.

* At least they are in my book; based on his War On Mods, DPC probably disagrees.

Master5043

Jul 30, 2020
Honestly, do you mean it? for real?

Her mother even told her he is gay.
Adoptive mother, first of all. Do children always listen to their parents? Here I am about the same. She is not on very good terms with Burke and tries to keep herself independent of them. It can be seen how unpleasant their lifestyle is for her. No wonder she didn't take it seriously, but she should have listened. Fortunately, the MC gave her a cold shower.

Dude, they live together under the same damn roof. She didn't realize that her flatmate is selling drugs. She didn't realize that her flatmates are prostitutes. How can it be?

Man, are you for real?

Are you trolling?

As John McEnroe would say: "You cannot be serious!"
Of course it can be hidden. You need to follow the conspiratorial rules and keep your mouth shut. Only a few HOT were involved in this. Quinn, Riona, Sarah and Mel (The last two are particularly well kept secrets). Heather knows about drugs, but apparently doesn't participate. Of the newcomers Camilla, Mona and Lily. Lily only found out and got involved because Mona talked a lot. And what happened to her, we know. Quinn has leverage over those who talk. I think the story of drugs and prostitution does not last long, maybe the last six months or a year. Maybe the truth will come out soon, because Quinn is not a very good leader and makes mistakes. For example, she sort of understands the psychology of people and know that Maya, Josy, Ashley, Arieth, Elena should not be involved in dirty dark secrets. But she made a mistake with Mona.
And of course, any thinking that is alternative to yours is trolling. Dude, seriously?

Reactions: CoalPhelps

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
People are welcome to play the game however they like*, but I don't think you can say the music is just an add on. It's clearly a major part of the game's design, just like the character models or the UI. DPC wouldn't bother to hardcode specific tracks to certain scenes otherwise.

* At least they are in my book; based on his War On Mods, DPC probably disagrees.
I remain convinced that it is an addition

AVNs are also a very particular industry

but let's also take a different media as cinema can be: however perfectly related to the scene the soundtrack is a compendium, a bad scene remains bad even with the best soundtrack, and a movie of which you remember with pleasure only the soundtrack was probably a mediocre movie

AVNs without music I do not "necessarily" see them as inferior to one with music

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
a movie of which you remember with pleasure only the soundtrack was probably a mediocre movie
Ah, so you've seen Captain Marvel, too?

It was an okay background filler, but the first thing I noticed as the movie went along was "Ah, yes, the Girl Power message wasn't strong enough, so they chose almost every single song to be women as well". Which is a criticism of the film makers more than anything, the music was actually all pretty good stuff already.

I just wish we had that FTL communications tech.

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Ah, so you've seen Captain Marvel, too?

It was an okay background filler, but the first thing I noticed as the movie went along was "Ah, yes, the Girl Power message wasn't strong enough, so they chose almost every single song to be women as well". Which is a criticism of the film makers more than anything, the music was actually all pretty good stuff already.

I just wish we had that FTL communications tech.
I can hardly remember its soundtrack....

in my opinion, however, the pinnacle of randomly put "girl power" remains the scene in the endgame, where a handful of heroines, who do not know each other, promise protection to cap Marvel herself, who is hundreds of times more powerful than they are. "she is not alone," no but you are in her way. completely unnecessary addition as both Scarlet and Ms Marvel had their own excellent scene.

what do you mean by FTL? faster than light?

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
You just remember games like Bloodbourne, Dark Souls or Last of Us. Without music, these games are nothing. Moreover, the music of bossfights in soulslikes is connected with their background and history, and the rhythm of the songs helps with timing. Music is important when it's part of the gameplay.
Pink tries to imitate the teen films of the 90s with punk music and the atmosphere of student parties. If you turn off the music, you just read and scroll through the pictures. How can you feel a party without the appropriate club music? How can you experience moments of intimacy with your girls without special tracks?
Pink chooses music carefully and painstakingly, and therefore the music does not feel like garbage as in a Leap of Faith, where, as it seems, the author just threw the entire playlist from the artlist into the game.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This discussion about music is a little different to the usual merry-go-round of subjects here. :giggle: I'm sure it's not the first, nor even the second time it's been the prominent topic, but it's definitely a nice change from the usual suspects. (y)

Some quotes from DPC regarding his music:

"The topic of having a character theme is interesting. I've tried to match songs with characters already. The main character has acoustic guitar songs, Jill has piano themes, Quinn/Riona often get edgier soundtracks. But one specific theme song per character isn't really what I'm going for. I want to set the mood as good as possible for each scene in the game using music. And when/if something happens in the future, I may use songs from the past to bring back the same kind of emotions from before."
"I'm adding as many tracks with lyrics as possible, provided they fit. It's tricky because listening to songs with lyrics can make it hard to read the dialogue, so I'm being very careful when I add a song with lyrics to a scene."
"A lot of thought goes into selecting music. For instance, I tend to lean towards piano themes for Jill, acoustic songs for the MC, and big band songs for the diary scenes, since they make it feel like we're taking a trip back in time. Sometimes, songs are happy coincidences. For example, the last song you'll hear in episode 8 is named "Crossroads". I didn't know what to search for when finding it, so I typed the episode title and stumbled upon it. When I wrote episode 5, I had no clue what La casa del papel was (yes, I am living under a rock while doing this). A patron pointed it out to me, and to my surprise, "Bella ciao" now fits even better than I originally intended. If I had watched the series first, I would probably not have added that song to the game because it's iconic for that TV series, but I'm happy I did."

It's funny, I've heard some of the royalty free music that is so great in this game being used in other games, and it just falls flat. Typically it's just inappropriately timed. DPC's music and scene transitions are typically so fluid that it just works so well.

That comment of his regarding getting the lyrics to fit, the song "Mayday" that plays in episode 7 when Josy sleeps with the mc (like literally sleeps with him, not necessarily fucks him - of course that happens if you are on the M&J path), seemed so perfect given the trials and tribulations in Maya's and Josy's relationship.

Or when the DIK's go to the strip club with the mc for the first time. As they are standing outside you can hear the music from within the Pink Rose, but it's a little muffled, but when they walk in, it's cranking and the girls are all there on display, it just works so well!

Then there's the Hyde Instrumentals, they are so uplifting, when the mc's happy, I'm happy. :giggle:

Then there's that Inspirational Acoustic by AshamaluevMusic, that music, and looking up at Sage's ass, how can you not be inspired!!

The amount of thought that DPC puts into everything in this game is so obvious. Sure he fucks up from time to time (I'm not gonna mention the loan again - oh fuck I just did), so to simply bypass an entire aspect of the game without even sampling it once, especially something as mood inducing as the music, is to deprive one's self indeed! :eek:

Music is very powerful. It's not just icing on the cake, it's an important ingredient!

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes