AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I will tell you a story about how dangerous it is to play these games with loud sound

There was a user called A.C let's use that name to keep it the user anonymous and as I say to all of you, A.C always listens music with a lot of volume and one day A.C was playing another game and forgot that the PC had the loud sound and when a lewd scene came it had moaning sound and that shit sounds in the whole house of A.C.

Thank God there was no one from the Croissant family i mean A.C family

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This discussion about music is a little different to the usual merry-go-round of subjects here. :giggle: I'm sure it's not the first, nor even the second time it's been the prominent topic, but it's definitely a nice change from the usual suspects. (y)

Some quotes from DPC regarding his music:

"The topic of having a character theme is interesting. I've tried to match songs with characters already. The main character has acoustic guitar songs, Jill has piano themes, Quinn/Riona often get edgier soundtracks. But one specific theme song per character isn't really what I'm going for. I want to set the mood as good as possible for each scene in the game using music. And when/if something happens in the future, I may use songs from the past to bring back the same kind of emotions from before."
"I'm adding as many tracks with lyrics as possible, provided they fit. It's tricky because listening to songs with lyrics can make it hard to read the dialogue, so I'm being very careful when I add a song with lyrics to a scene."
"A lot of thought goes into selecting music. For instance, I tend to lean towards piano themes for Jill, acoustic songs for the MC, and big band songs for the diary scenes, since they make it feel like we're taking a trip back in time. Sometimes, songs are happy coincidences. For example, the last song you'll hear in episode 8 is named "Crossroads". I didn't know what to search for when finding it, so I typed the episode title and stumbled upon it. When I wrote episode 5, I had no clue what La casa del papel was (yes, I am living under a rock while doing this). A patron pointed it out to me, and to my surprise, "Bella ciao" now fits even better than I originally intended. If I had watched the series first, I would probably not have added that song to the game because it's iconic for that TV series, but I'm happy I did."

It's funny, I've heard some of the royalty free music that is so great in this game being used in other games, and it just falls flat. Typically it's just inappropriately timed. DPC's music and scene transitions are typically so fluid that it just works so well.

That comment of his regarding getting the lyrics to fit, the song "Mayday" that plays in episode 7 when Josy sleeps with the mc (like literally sleeps with him, not necessarily fucks him - of course that happens if you are on the M&J path), seemed so perfect given the trials and tribulations in Maya's and Josy's relationship.

Or when the DIK's go to the strip club with the mc for the first time. As they are standing outside you can hear the music from within the Pink Rose, but it's a little muffled, but when they walk in, it's cranking and the girls are all there on display, it just works so well!

The amount of thought that DPC puts into everything in this game is so obvious. Sure he fucks up from time to time (I'm not gonna mention the loan again - oh fuck I just did), so to simply bypass an entire aspect of the game without even sampling it once, especially something as mood inducing as the music, is to deprive one's self indeed! :eek:

Music is very powerful. It's not just icing on the cake, it's an important ingredient!
doesn't the fact alone that almost no one puts the same amount of effort into the choice of music establish definitively and without a shadow of a doubt how music cannot be a fundamental aspect of an AVN?

if the characters were not "good" what would be the point of music that increases immersion in the story? who wants to immerse themselves in a story that itnerates them and conveys nothing to them?

if I put your favorite song in the scenes with Madame suddenly will you like it? or will I actually ruin your favorite song forever? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Hopefully we'll see a deep throat from Josie in episode 9. Meanwhile, I keep a list of deep gulps.

Lily - champion
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sage - vice champion
3rd place - Riona
However, I believe that Josy has great potential!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I remain convinced that it is an addition

AVNs are also a very particular industry

but let's also take a different media as cinema can be: however perfectly related to the scene the soundtrack is a compendium, a bad scene remains bad even with the best soundtrack, and a movie of which you remember with pleasure only the soundtrack was probably a mediocre movie

AVNs without music I do not "necessarily" see them as inferior to one with music
Music is no more an addition to a game than text boxes, cutscenes, and keyboard shortcuts (or mouse commands, for us DOS grognards). You can make a game without any or all of those and it may well be an excellent game, but that doesn't mean ignoring them will make no difference if a game *does* include them. Sure, mediocre soundtracks add little; that's why they're considered mediocre! I don't see how that has any bearing on the value of soundtracks in and of themselves, much less on a discussion of a game that most assuredly does *not* have a mediocre soundtrack.

As I said, people are free to play the game however they like. If they find the game more enjoyable that way, fantastic; their enjoyment is no less valid just because their playstyle is atypical. But by the same token it is absurd to say that whatever their playstyle changed must therefore have been valueless as originally implemented.

Hopefully we'll see a deep throat from Josie in episode 9. Meanwhile, I keep a list of deep gulps.

Lily - champion
Sage - vice champion
3rd place - Riona
However, I believe that Josy has great potential!
Point of order! How does Lily claim the title over Sage? As I recall, Lily needed to be upside down to deepthroat the MC, but Sage was able to do it rightside up. Seems to me like the edge goes to Sage.

Last edited:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Yes, she is.
1. Uncovering a gay who is encrypted is a very difficult task. In behavior, they do not differ from heterosexuals, all that we know about them from old movies is stereotypes and prejudices. Chad is good at hiding erection problems with Sage by taking steroids.
2. She doesn't see what's going on in the sorority. She dumped all the work on Quinn, while doing her dissertation. She doesn't actually lead the community. And Quinn is from a crime family, very good at conspiracy.
You're right about one thing, the sisterhood is on fire that Quinn started. And she's like that dog from the meme, sitting in the middle of a fire and saying "THIS IS FINE"
You're forgetting something else in point 2. Sage is working on her dissertation, but she also had the problem with Chad, which took a lot out of Sage emotionally. Yes Quinn benefits from Sage's situation. Who sent the blackmail letters to Chad and Dawe again?:unsure::devilish:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Dude, they live together under the same damn roof. She didn't realize that her flatmate is selling drugs. She didn't realize that her flatmates are prostitutes. How can it be?

Man, are you for real?

Are you trolling?

As John McEnroe would say: "You cannot be serious!"
To be honest, I don't think Sage knows anything about Quinn's drug business. On the subject of prostitution, I have a slightly different opinion. I can well imagine that Sage knows that some HOTs earn some extra money with prostitution and she will tolerate that. But she probably won't know that Quinn is pressuring the girls and Sage wouldn't tolerate and stop that either.:rolleyes::unsure:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
in my opinion, however, the pinnacle of randomly put "girl power" remains the scene in the endgame, where a handful of heroines, who do not know each other, promise protection to Miss Marvel herself, who is hundreds of times more powerful than they are.

what do you mean by FTL? faster than light?
Don't forget how they all magically teleported from different places across the battlefield at pretty much the same time, too!

And yes, faster than light. FTL tech would be quite handy, even today. Instant communication with our deep space probes and planetary rovers, etc. So convenient. I'm not worried about 20-30ms here and there, but 15 minute delays are just rubbish.
as mood inducing as the music, is to deprive one's self indeed! :eek:

Music is very powerful. It's not just icing on the cake, it's an important ingredient!
If the scene writing can't and imagery can't set the mood, I don't give a shit about the music. But for what it's worth, when I make a nice chocolate cake, I also don't put frosting on it. A good cake doesn't need it, either.

I'm not being "deprived" of anything. It's not a piece I want that I'm not allowed to have. It's extra bullshit that I don't want. I also don't need parsley on my plate when I have a nice steak dinner. It's a frivolous waste that will not benefit my meal.

I'm not telling anybody else they can't enjoy, but some people have acted like I came into their kitchen and shit on their cast iron skillet, just because I will not play a game with the music enabled.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Music is no more an addition to a game than text boxes, cutscenes, and keyboard shortcuts (or mouse commands, for us DOS grognards). You can make a game without any or all of those and it may well be an excellent game, but that doesn't mean ignoring them will make no difference if a game *does* include them. Sure, mediocre soundtracks add little; that's why they're considered mediocre! I don't see how that has any bearing on the value of soundtracks in and of themselves, much less on a discussion of a game that most assuredly does *not* have a mediocre soundtrack.

As I said, people are free to play the game however they like. If they find the game more enjoyable that way, fantastic; their enjoyment is no less valid just because their playstyle is atypical. But by the same token it is absurd to say that whatever their playstyle changed must therefore have been valueless as originally implemented.
I'm missing something...

the point of the discussion, I thought, was how much playing it without music limited the experience, not that the music in general, and of BADIK in particular was useless

for me it is a marginal aspect, without music it won't be 100% but it won't be 70% either

never questioned the effort that DPC puts into it, and he does well because it definitely adds something, but for me the judgment of BADIk would change little overall whether it was with or without music, and I often play it with audio.

Master5043

Jul 30, 2020
You're forgetting something else in point 2. Sage is working on her dissertation, but she also had the problem with Chad, which took a lot out of Sage emotionally. Yes Quinn benefits from Sage's situation. Who sent the blackmail letters to Chad and Dawe again?:unsure::devilish:
I heard about the theory that Quinn made it. But something doesn't fit together, the purpose of these pics was to frame the DIK's or unleash a war of brotherhoods. I think the situation with the photo has nothing to do with Quinn, I'm leaning towards the traitor inside the DIK fraternity. Quinn and DIK traitor may be unrelated storylines. Too little information to know for sure

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

Point of order! How does Lily claim the title over Sage? As I recall, she needed to be upside down to deepthroat the MC, but Sage was able to do it rightside up. Seems to me like the edge goes to Sage.
Lily's poses are harder and more dangerous. When a girl lies upside down on the bed and a guy inserts a penis into her throat, it is quite dangerous, since there is a risk of simply suffocating. During a сlassic deep throat, the girl still controls the process (at least partially), here the guy does everything for her, he can calculate incorrectly and get carried away as a result, the throat will be damaged.

Just try to lie on the bed upside down and eat something. It will be harder for you to swallow, food may get stuck in your throat. It's the same here.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'm missing something...

the point of the discussion, I thought, was how much playing it without music limited the experience, not that the music in general, and of BADIK in particular was useless

for me it is a marginal aspect, without music it won't be 100% but it won't be 70% either

never questioned the effort that DPC puts into it, and he does well because it definitely adds something, but for me the judgment of BADIk would change little overall whether it was with or without music, and I often play it with audio.
Hmmm. I thought the discussion was about the difference between playing without sound 'limiting' the experience vs. it 'changing' the experience. I don't think it's fair to say someone like Ilhares is getting a lesser experience because he hates soundtracks, but I do think it's fair to say it changes his experience.

Of course, some of that change may be baked in already. DPC could intend for, say, Quinn to feel sympathetic thanks to , but that doesn't mean every player will feel that way. Some might not find the song sufficiently melancholic, others might feel the music is trying too hard. Or music might not make much of a difference in how a given player feels at all. If a player claims that soundtracks add little to a story for them, I'll take them at their word. But I'm also going to discount their take when it comes time to discussing the merits of the soundtrack in general.

To me, playing a game like BaDIK on mute is similar to playing a solo run in a harem AVN. It's a perfectly valid thing to try and some players may prefer sticking with a single girl (like me, for example), but I think it's worth bearing in mind that it's rarely the "intended" experience.

Lily's poses are harder and more dangerous. When a girl lies upside down on the bed and a guy inserts a penis into her throat, it is quite dangerous, since there is a risk of simply suffocating. During a сlassic deep throat, the girl still controls the process (at least partially), here the guy does everything for her, he can calculate incorrectly and get carried away as a result, the throat will be damaged.
Perhaps, but that seems to suggest Lily is more desperate, not that she's actually more capable.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017

Just try to lie on the bed upside down and eat something. It will be harder for you to swallow, food may get stuck in your throat. It's the same here.
While that is true, the contention here is that Lily had to get the angle right in order to take all of MC, implying that she's comfortable in that position (doesn't mean the risk isn't there anymore but it's worth noting). MC even tells Lily that he's going to keep a specific pace and to tap his leg if she needs a breather (Good on MC for establishing boundaries for Lily's comfort). Whereas Sage took all of it from the get go. Even let MC take over in terms of pacing and force.

Despite the risk to Lily's throat, I think all context provided would mean Sage has the edge. IMO. Or Becky for similar reasons I give Sage the title for.

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Josy deepthroathing the banana Edit:
Cheers! I take it, that's a M&J path exclusive?

To add my 2 cents to the music discussion: I usually only play the first blind run with original music. During later playthroughs I usually prefer to listen to my own stuff or even nothing at all.
I rather listen to music I like, even if it might not fit every scene (like dance music during an emotional scene). I prefer that over listening to songs I don't like, even if they fit to their respective scene. With most AVNs I feel like it's 50/50 whether I like the song or not.
On a related note, I remember quite liking the SG soundtrack.

asdasdassdfsdgd

May 13, 2022
Hello, I have an error in the 4th free roam that says "image ep2 maya freeroam bg maya idle not found" and "maya hover not found" any solution?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes