Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I am probably not going to make many friends with this opinion. But it doesn't bother me one bit if DPC takes 6 months or longer to come out with a release. Don't get me wrong, I will devour it eagerly when it comes out. But in the meantime, I get to play other very good games. In the last few weeks I have gotten to play 2 games that I had wanted to play for a long time. I've enjoyed them so much that I have subscribed to their developers. There are even more on my list of games I know are good, but haven't had time to try (other than a brief sampling). So, take your time, DrPinkCake. I can use the break productively, and when the next release comes out, I will be tied up for weeks (months?) with all the routes.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I am probably not going to make many friends with this opinion. But it doesn't bother me one bit if DPC take 6 months or longer to come out with a release. Don't get me wrong, I will devour it eagerly when it comes out. But in the meantime, I get to play other very good games. In the last few weeks I have gotten to play 2 games that I had wanted to play for a long time. I've enjoyed them so much that I have subscribed to their developers. There are even more on my list of games I know are good, but haven't had time to try (other than a brief sampling). So, take your time, DrPinkCake. I can use the break productively, and when the next release comes out, I will be tied up for weeks (months?) with all the routes.
On the practical aspect, I agree with you.

even if i follow very few games, there is always a complete game that i am curious to play (now i am playing now and then, very nice)

however, let's not hide behind a finger, the longer the process, the more the risks increase. in the first 3 pages of the most beloved games there are 10 abandoned projects out of 90, it doesn't seem little to me, considering that the completed ones accumulate acclaim while the abandoned ones collect grudge votes.

Reactions: SomboSteel

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
On the practical aspect, I agree with you.

even if i follow very few games, there is always a complete game that i am curious to play (now i am playing now and then, very nice)

however, let's not hide behind a finger, the longer the process, the more the risks increase. in the first 3 pages of the most beloved games there are 10 abandoned projects out of 90, it doesn't seem little to me, considering that the completed ones accumulate acclaim while the abandoned ones collect grudge votes.
If this game were to be abandoned, I would grieve, certainly. But life goes on. It certainly wouldn't be the first game I've been interested in that was abandoned. Nor would I hesitate to withdraw Patronage were DPC to start ghosting us. Don't see that happening, though, either.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm sure the time between chapters can grow even more. This is the bane of all non-linear games. With each new part, more intersections and options means more renders, more dialogues, more animations with each part. It's all need time. I play a lot of VN and often see this situation.
By the way, the drama is not only with Jill and her connection with Lynette. In every relationship there is such a thing. Sage is Burke's trap. Bella has a trap with her husband. Maya and Josy are just a doomed way from Acting Lessons and I imagine the drama when you have to choose one of them. Quinn (and she will be among the main girls) is a trap with her criminal business. And don't forget Zoey. The possibilities for content are endless.
There are also many unsolved questions of the global plot in the game. 8 parts have passed, and we only have guesses on most issues. There is still a lot of work ahead.
most of the little mysteries I wouldn't even assume will ever be unraveled, but they're still pretty much irrelevant in the micro world of MC and his LI

a chapter whose main content was finding out why Melanie interfered between Chad and Sage would probably be an "empty" chapter, and likewise for lots and lots of mysteries that have accumulated so far

but the point is that there is no way to quantify how many chapters are needed to tell BADIK's story, the whole drug war could run out in a moment or last 2-3 seasons, look at Maya's debt for how long it drags on and how long it could drag on, even an infinite amount of time might not be enough.

the issue of Lynette's family ditto, it may end in a diary chapter or give way to a clash for inheritance

and in this the greater "size" of the chapters does not come to us much, large chapters but with content exclusive to the different paths, which do not advance the horizontal plot because that must be common to all

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
DPC hates redheads

Mona? kicked out/escaped from the BR
Cathe? humiliated and fled from the BR
Sage? all the bad luck he could think of (boyfriend, best friend, stepbrother, stepfather..), and the worst is yet to come
I had this in my bookmarks for whatever reason, thanks for reminding me of DPC's transgressions :HideThePain:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
so at this point we kinda have to accept that this year we will have just one chapter, right? sad, and is all Zoey´s fault, i dont even know the girl and she is already annoying me!
2 releases this year were never really on the cards at all except for the irrationally optimistic ones, even if we didn't have the interlude release.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
2 releases this year were never really on the cards at all except for the irrationally optimistic ones, even if we didn't have the interlude release.
sooner or later a year with only one chapter would have happened anyway

I don't blame the interlude, but that, plus DPC's COVID stop week, plus the launch on GOG, plus the launch of the second season aus STEAM led to this

if proximately back on the 6 month wait would not be bad

Reactions: SomboSteel

Xabder

Feb 10, 2021

I don't blame the interlude, but that, plus DPC's COVID stop week, plus the launch on GOG, plus the launch of the second season aus STEAM led to this

if proximately back on the 6 month wait would not be bad
i also have a strong feeling that we cant expect an update before the end of the year

May 4, 2017

You're wrong. We should blame ourselves, i.e. people who supported him as he drew out the release dates further and further.

As far as I know when I cancelled my pledge he was still working alone and I think he still is, with the amount of money he is making he can upgrade his equipment to no end, or hire people to render for him, write the code and so many other things to shorten the development time, but he doesn't.

Because we love BAD.

vixen20

Feb 14, 2019
Well now I feel personally attacked!! :KEK::KEK:
jk, I agree to a certain extent that we computer dwellers are privileged

I really doubt DPC has ever spent 12 straight hours coding, and if he has, then he's doing it wrong (unless it's simple if else monkey typing).
I've done my fair share of overtime and what I can say is that it's actually quite counter-productive, it absolutelly drains me mentally, and after 6 or 7 hours my logical thinking starts to go out the window and I start to run circles around the problem. Then I go home after spending 10 hours around a problem, get a good night of rest and sleep, return to work the next day and manage to fix the problem in 2 hours.
And although the work is not physical, anyone who thinks these conditions for prolonged times won't fuck up your health is dead wrong.
Every collegue of mine attests to the same problem, the only people who actually think more time == more work done (by a single person) in IT are clueless business managers.

But in DPC's case, since he wants to do everything himself he'll always have more menial tasks that barely require a braincell to be done so he can do that when he's tired and he'll still be putting in the hours.
I'm assuming he's taking into account the rendering his PC's are doing as part of his work hours - checking in on them and the like, making sure they don't break down. I agree that I find it hard to believe he's in front of a computer all day, especially with a wife and presumably a social life of some sort.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I'm assuming he's taking into account the rendering his PC's are doing as part of his work hours - checking in on them and the like, making sure they don't break down. I agree that I find it hard to believe he's in front of a computer all day, especially with a wife and presumably a social life of some sort.
DPC is from the future and came back after learning how clone so one is on a computer all day another is with his wife and another is doing cool guy stuff

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes