7inn

Jul 21, 2020
I took the liberty of adding more brightness to this image and showing a screenshot that might give us a little insight into the story. A hint from DPC?

Think your part.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's about damn time to discuss this picture.
But still, i can't imagine what that is in the background (behind the tape). Just looks so out of place

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
I took the liberty of adding more brightness to this image and showing a screenshot that might give us a little insight into the story. A hint from DPC?

Think your part.

Josy's going to die. :KEK:
Also, on another note. That reflection(?) looks like a ceiling. Ceiling from Bella's locked room, maybe?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
i feel like you might be missing my point. pretend that DPC never said in a random Q&A that the games arent connected.

pretend that never happened and play AL and then BaDIK. can you then tell my any reason to assume they ARENT in the same universe? what information would you take from either game that makes it an impossibility for a shared universe? the simple fact that the frats exists in both games (and the DIKs when mentioned in AL are hinted at being pretty wild and crazy like in BaDIK). unless im missing something crucial, it seems like there is obviously more evidence that they are in the same universe as opposed to any evidence in either game that proves they arent.

if you explicitly take away what DPC said since it's lore he establishes outside of the games themselves, and acknowledge that most people who play these games on Steam and arent patrons or pirates would likely never read any DPC Q&As; most people who play this legitimately would very likely assume its a story set in the same universe because there really isnt any specific reason not to.
DPC has written that BaDIK is not a "prequel" to AL. But what if BaDIK is a "sequel" to AL? Then DPC wouldn't have lied, because a sequel can also be considered a standalone game. :rolleyes:

I never played AL, but I know that a Lynette was mistaken for this Megan during a phone call.:eek:

7inn

Jul 21, 2020
Josy's going to die. :KEK:
Also, on another note. That reflection(?) looks like a ceiling. Ceiling from Bella's locked room, maybe?
lol didn't even realize there were 2 lights hanging there. Only after you said it was the ceiling did I think of it. But I have to say the blood of whoever it is reflects almost better than a mirror. :WaitWhat:

Reactions: LizaS and dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I think Maya's calendar, showing our Time, the 2020-2022. So it's our present days.
AL MC's is about 40 years old, when he was 20, the time he should be in the Dik fraternity were in 2000. But the fraternity in Burgmeister & Royce was recently created, I think 2 Year before MC joined. :unsure:
So the AL MC and liam can't be part of this one, and I don't remember either if he mentioned which college they were in.

so either they were in a different college, that somehow have the same Dik and Hots stuff existed.
or it's a different universe.
Maya's calendar shows 2017-2020.

My good you are forgetting one thing in your musings. The DIK fraternity was formed two years ago at Burgmeister & Royce. But why shouldn't there be a DIK fraternity at other colleges? What if Rusty's father was not at B&R, but is still a DIK brother from another college and gave Rusty the opportunity to expand the DIK fraternity.

That's not unusual. There is a fraternity called "Delta Kappa Epsilon" which is abbreviated DKE but pronounced "DIK" in German-speaking countries. This fraternity was founded on June 22, 1844. The reason for the founding was that 15 students were not accepted by the existing fraternities (e.g. Alpha Delta Phi and Psi Upsilon (Dartmouth College Greek organizations)).

Three years after its founding, branches (chapters) were established at Bowdoin, Princeton, Colby, and Amherst College. Today, Delta Kappa Epsilon has 64 branches and over 85,000 members and alumni throughout the United States.

Reactions: SomboSteel

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
i get that. but does it actually matter what Maya's calendar says? would the entire universe of BaDIK implode if the calendar in game was actually a mistake and its supposed to say its 2019? or even 2023?? what if it was supposed to say 2030?

unless DPC plans on using the exact year to make some kind of jab at a particular person/event which was relevant during that specific time, i dont think it actually matters what the "official" year is. and with that line of thought, its pretty easy to accept that these two games are essentially an anthology series focusing on different stories within the same universe. both games are contemporary with the with 20-teens and beyond, the specifics at this point in time arent relevant to anything for either story and to be honest i never expect them to be.

maybe im technically wrong, and if so then so be it. i dont really care that much about all this. but most people who would play both of these games on Steam that arent patrons or pirates would basically make the same assumptions i did in this post. there are no disclaimers in game specifically stating the two games are unconnected. most people playing that arent like us here on this forum wont be scanning every single detail of every scene looking for connections or lack of connections, more so if we count people who will only play this when the whole thing is actually 100% finished and wont have to wait months between episodes.

so even if DPC says in some random interview that the games are in no way connected and never shall be in the same universe, the majority of people who buy and play this game will not know that and will likely assume the opposite. so what is really canon then, what the creator says even if its meaningless or what the majority of people will believe on their own even if its wrong? its an interesting question :)
It is important what Maya's calendar indicates. The year difference is exactly 3 years. What did Maya say to the MC in EP7 shortly after her father Patrick left? That if she stays away from Josy, studies and takes extra classes, she can free herself from her father in 3 years. A strange coincidence.

Also a strange coincidence is what the MC can answer Gordon, Christian and Geoff. Either the MC is a student, an alumnus, or an intruder.

- Student could be the present (CHICK)
- Former is maybe timelines game (DPC himself wrote so he has to follow the timelines in the game).
- Intruder could also be the present but the DIK variant.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SomboSteel

7inn

Jul 21, 2020
That's not unusual. There is a fraternity called "Delta Kappa Epsilon" which is abbreviated DKE but pronounced "DIK" in German-speaking countries.
DKE is not pronounced "DIK" in GERMAN-speaking countries.
But your right, DKE's German wiki says so

But I don't think that's what you meant :)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
biggest question i had with the maya storyline is why she didn't apply for scholarships. plenty of ways to get money to pay for college. though hopefully sage's solution will expose the big conspiracy at B&R.
Well B&R does run a scholarship program:

Jan 16, 2022
i figured out who sage's adopted parents were pretty early on. it was both obvious and convenient.
I was quite convinced there would be a photo of Lynette (MC's mom) in the room, and that It would be revealed Sage had been adopted by MC's grandpa or something, when the final scene started rolling with Sage leading them to meet her adopted parents...

Last edited:

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
I have created a monster with the theory of parallel worlds :eek:. It was just a joke and in these games there are always small introductions of characters from other games. Although in this game there are few exceptions.
But it's been fun to see how some people remember certain AL conversations.;)

Reactions: Sasanid
Jan 16, 2022
of course it a decoration for the party. What else? Come on you cant seriously think that its a crime scene oO Nobody is gonna die, except some pumpkins and maybe Dereks ass if he is stuffing vodka tampons up his ass again.
As someone who played Acting Lessons (previous DPC game), you never know...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There is a special place reserved for people like you in Hell.:devilish: . I will be there, waiting for you, to torture your sinful soul, for the eternity:devilish:
I was joking about that part!! :ROFLMAO:

It's cuz dalli brought up the DnG pic of Josy and then I jokingly said that!
Or... did I? :unsure:
Even for those who talk about D&G there is a special place in hell ...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes