Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
DebatingPanda not working

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load file J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\game/walkthrough.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 880, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore
Exception: Could not load file J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\game/walkthrough.rpyc.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Between Humanity 0.1.1
Mon Oct 16 17:46:24 2023

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
DebatingPanda not working

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "J:\02_Harem\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\Between-Humanity-0.1.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 880, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Between Humanity 0.1.1
Mon Oct 16 17:46:24 2023
Did you download it recently or some time ago? I reuploaded it about an hour ago after LukeRY pointed it out earlier :)

Reactions: Vortex@

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
This game is great! I really enjoyed the update, it looks promising so far and Lucy is adorable. I have two questions after seeing my final stats which I hope you won't mind explaining to silly me:

I'm assuming the number in the brackets are the overall points, but what are the points outside of it?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and

Is pregnancy something to expect in the endings or is this a theme that will be explored throughout the game?
Great job on the phone too! I'm a fan of the 3D view :BootyTime:

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
This game is great! I really enjoyed the update, it looks promising so far and Lucy is adorable. I have two questions after seeing my final stats which I hope you won't mind explaining to silly me:

I'm assuming the number in the brackets are the overall points, but what are the points outside of it?
and

Is pregnancy something to expect in the endings or is this a theme that will be explored throughout the game?
Great job on the phone too! I'm a fan of the 3D view :BootyTime:
Hey there!

Thank you! Appreciate it and happy to have you in the discord! :)

And now the questions:
The first number is the amount you got (or maybe receive) something in your current run, let's say a handjob. The second number in the brackets is the number you got handjobs overall, that's saved across multiple runs. Hope that answers it properly!

I'm not entirely sure about the pregnancy system, yet. It will still take 9 month to bear a child, so that's a long time.
I wouldn't rule it out at the moment, but unfortunately, I can't yet estimate the extent of the effort involved. Perhaps I'll start with just 1-2 girls during the playthrough and then with the others during an ending.

Glad you like the phone and the 3D view as well! :D

Jun 15, 2017
Greetings, some "degenerate community modder" right here.

I made an incest patch for the game, feel free to try it out and provide feedback in the patch thread:
This really needs to be added to the front page, wouldn't have found it if I didn't see people talking about it. Also super impressed with the work that went into it! It's not just the typical change from "roommate" to "sister" you've actually rewrote certain things to make the incest make sense. Good stuff (y)

Scaredrow

Oct 11, 2023
This really needs to be added to the front page, wouldn't have found it if I didn't see people talking about it. Also super impressed with the work that went into it! It's not just the typical change from "roommate" to "sister" you've actually rewrote certain things to make the incest make sense. Good stuff (y)
Thank you! There was indeed a lot of work involved in this one. I don't know if the dev of this game will add it for certain reasons but let's hope the best, shall we?

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Hey there!

Thank you! Appreciate it and happy to have you in the discord! :)

And now the questions:
The first number is the amount you got (or maybe receive) something in your current run, let's say a handjob. The second number in the brackets is the number you got handjobs overall, that's saved across multiple runs. Hope that answers it properly!

I'm not entirely sure about the pregnancy system, yet. It will still take 9 month to bear a child, so that's a long time.
I wouldn't rule it out at the moment, but unfortunately, I can't yet estimate the extent of the effort involved. Perhaps I'll start with just 1-2 girls during the playthrough and then with the others during an ending.

Glad you like the phone and the 3D view as well! :D
Had to join the moment I finished the update :) I understand the points system more now, thank you! As for the pregnancy system, I understand - I was kinda surprised to see there are stats for it already which was why I asked. Good luck working on the game n rest well :coffee:

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Had to join the moment I finished the update :) I understand the points system more now, thank you! As for the pregnancy system, I understand - I was kinda surprised to see there are stats for it already which was why I asked. Good luck working on the game n rest well :coffee:
Perfect :) glad I could help! I tried to implement as much functions / variables as possible, so I won't have to touch some of the already implemented functionality later one and may risk a non-compatible save game during the process!

Thank you, Have a great day! :)

Reactions: Lumi24

Specter2470

Aug 12, 2019
Literally just started the game and it asks me to choose the color of my characters name in a HEXADECIMAL FORMAT? Who the fuck knows that format?
Just allow us to click on the color we want, dude.
I'm not wasting my time looking up the format to change the color - you shouldn't be wanting people to walk away from your game to google the colors if they really want a change; just give us an option - it can't be that hard

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Literally just started the game and it asks me to choose the color of my characters name in a HEXADECIMAL FORMAT? Who the fuck knows that format?
Just allow us to click on the color we want, dude.
I'm not wasting my time looking up the format to change the color - you shouldn't be wanting people to walk away from your game to google the colors if they really want a change; just give us an option - it can't be that hard
You can just skip the process and take the default color if you don't want to choose. :censored:
Nonetheless, it's already planned to have a menu where you can choose between a couple of defaults or choose your own. (Not sure about the defaults, though. Stay tuned!)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
Using family dynamics without an actual family makes more sense to you? Same "problem", maybe more hidden under the skin: speaking of gettin' help.
It's a different kind of family, because what it really is, is Lucy is wife material. She caught the MC at his most vulnerable time and pulled out all the stops to help him and take care of him, when his blood family failed him.
She's the kinda girl Jan should straight up marry, then sure, then she's family and Anya and Jane are family too, and would take care of you like family would.

I suppose it could be messed up in the path to that, messing around with Anya, or worse, Jane, along the way. But that's another issue rather than incest I guess, betraying someone as good as Lucy. Harem is kinda its own moral compass thing.

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Uhh, thanks :D I like to hear that even though I think it's quite chaotic sometimes...

You mean outline for the name label? I have planned to do that, but not in the first chapter, will be in chapter 2!

Awaiting your thoughts!
No I meant text outlines customisation. Both for name and dialogues. Adding multiple outline colours and width options.

Reactions: DebatingPanda
4.90 star(s) 40 Votes