Ferrugem

Oct 10, 2022
Good afternoon, could someone tell me the path of the introductory lines? I managed to translate most of it, but I couldn't translate the introduction, I can post it here after proofreading, translation pt/br

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Sooo,
Out of curiosity, why don't people just start with subscribestar rather than
patreon?
Subscribestar doesn't have any rules against incest and other fetishes so far.

Just curious.

I'm another that is going to wait for the patch. No hurry or anything, just going to
wait.

Thanks so much
Cheers
I can only speak for myself but I have more experience with patreon, I am supporting other creators on it too.
Heard about SubscribeStar from F95 just some month ago! But I got one set up with all the benefits patreon has as well!
It is linked in the first post :)

Today is a good day friends ! We find a dev that deserve support, i can't wait to see more of your game Panda :) gl
Thank you very much Elde! :giggle:

Good afternoon, could someone tell me the path of the introductory lines? I managed to translate most of it, but I couldn't translate the introduction, I can post it here after proofreading, translation pt/br
Do you want to translate the introduction only or do you have the other parts already translated? If you need the translation blueprints send me a pm!

Great character models, there is potential for a fantastic game here. This is a really really good first release. Looking forward to more and I hope this game gets a lot of support!
Thank you very much! I hope that too!

Reactions: Forgotted

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Sooo,
Out of curiosity, why don't people just start with subscribestar rather than
patreon?
Subscribestar doesn't have any rules against incest and other fetishes so far.

Just curious.

I'm another that is going to wait for the patch. No hurry or anything, just going to
wait.

Thanks so much
Cheers
And that's without considering that Patreon is about to raise the cut that they're going to get for every single patreon that starts donating a developer

example: currently Patreon gets 5%(i don't know the exact amount, this percentage is just here for the hell of having a small number XD) of every single "donation", with the new "rule" they're going to TAKE something around 30%

DebatingPanda

Dec 7, 2018
example: currently Patreon gets 5%(i don't know the exact amount, this percentage is just here for the hell of having a small number XD) of every single "donation", with the new "rule" they're going to TAKE something around 30%
Well damn, that's a pretty hefty increase. Looks like someone else apart from Unity is getting greedy.

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
And that's without considering that Patreon is about to raise the cut that they're going to get for every single patreon that starts donating a developer

DebatingPanda
Uff... that would be bad for any creator on patreon, might need to fully migrate to subscribestar if they are going to take 30 percent... Currently it's 8%, at least for me.

Reactions: Forgotted

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Uff... that would be bad for any creator on patreon, might need to fully migrate to subscribestar if they are going to take 30 percent... Currently it's 8%, at least for me.
i read it somewhere that they're going to take MORE(a lot more) as a way to incentivize developers to improve their projects even further (like raising the bar) and therefore attract more subscriptions

True or not, Patreon's strict rules are still enough to make people change website

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
i read it somewhere that they're going to take MORE(a lot more) as a way to incentivize developers to improve their projects even further (like raising the bar) and therefore attract more subscriptions

True or not, Patreon's strict rules are still enough to make people change website
That's true, I will just wait and see what happens, if they fuck up like unity did, I'm out.

Aug 3, 2020
patreon's rules suck. they aren't clear save in certain cases where things are clearly illegal, and they have proven they're willing to bend over backwards for whatever horse shit the payment cards desire from them.

Ferrugem

Oct 10, 2022
I can only speak for myself but I have more experience with patreon, I am supporting other creators on it too.
Heard about SubscribeStar from F95 just some month ago! But I got one set up with all the benefits patreon has as well!
It is linked in the first post :)

Thank you very much Elde! :giggle:

Do you want to translate the introduction only or do you have the other parts already translated? If you need the translation blueprints send me a pm!

Thank you very much! I hope that too!
yes, it is already translated, not for the introduction because I didn't find the path to the introductory dialogues

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
yes, it is already translated, not for the introduction because I didn't find the path to the introductory dialogues
They introduction is in a file called ch_00_01

patreon's rules suck. they aren't clear save in certain cases where things are clearly illegal, and they have proven they're willing to bend over backwards for whatever horse shit the payment cards desire from them.
True. PayPal is on the same boat as I found out recently.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
DebatingPanda Hey there.

Question - Did you obfuscate your script files on purpose or was that an accident?
It took me some effort to get them "open".
Also, I did this because one particular screen caught my attention:
1696953536748.png

You see, whilst this may not look like much, I was quite surprised to see the name of the OS profile listed instead of the names of the characters, as seen per this snippet:
1696953768160.png

Let's follow where the name variables originate:
1696953817942.png

To end up here:
1696953889865.png

Now, why would you garble (or at least attempt to) both the information and the file name of the place where you call of the "login name"?
Python:
if renpy .variant ('pc'):IlIIlllIIlIIllllI =os .getlogin ()
You see, I'm not accusing you of malpractice or malicious intent (after all, DDLC did some wacky shit with user's game and OS back in the day, too), but why would you go through so much effort to make (in my opinion) a shitty joke? I mean, you could've easily just do the "You're [MC], right? Huh. I thought they called you [os.login.name]... I guess I got the wrong information." bit instead.
Not to mention that visual obfuscation is pretty dated.

Anyway, thank you for your answers in advance!

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
DebatingPanda Hey there.

Question - Did you obfuscate your script files on purpose or was that an accident?
It took me some effort to get them "open".
Also, I did this because one particular screen caught my attention:
View attachment 2995291

You see, whilst this may not look like much, I was quite surprised to see the name of the OS profile listed instead of the names of the characters, as seen per this snippet:
View attachment 2995301

Let's follow where the name variables originate:
View attachment 2995305

To end up here:
View attachment 2995312

Now, why would you garble (or at least attempt to) both the information and the file name of the place where you call of the "login name"?
Python:
if renpy .variant ('pc'):IlIIlllIIlIIllllI =os .getlogin ()
You see, I'm not accusing you of malpractice or malicious intent (after all, DDLC did some wacky shit with user's game and OS back in the day, too), but why would you go through so much effort to make (in my opinion) a shitty joke? I mean, you could've easily just do the "You're [MC], right? Huh. I thought they called you [os.login.name]... I guess I got the wrong information." bit instead.
Not to mention that visual obfuscation is pretty dated.

Anyway, thank you for your answers in advance!
Hello! I indeed have no intend to do anything malicious, I just obfuscated the person classes to see how that could be done with available tools, it's pretty obvious what they do when you have programming knowledge, at least to my understanding. I can easily show you the original if you want to see it. :)

At first I had the names from every character there but why using the "???" instead of the name if the user already know who is talking so I invented this joke back then. Might not be funny for everyone that's understandable.

Didn't get too much negative feedback about this, but I will make sure to revert the changes if some devs did malicious things this way. I even commented the line to include my motives.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: bitsybobs3

DRinWV

Donor
Nov 22, 2017
I added the link to the improvised fix of URMx52 into the first post under Extras!
I still end up with errors using the URMx52 you are refering to. Extracted from the file "0x52_URM_WOTD-Only.zip" and placed in game folder.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load from archive 0x52/classes/API.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E:\AGames\B\Be\Bet\BetweenHumanity\BetweenHumanity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "E:\AGames\B\Be\Bet\BetweenHumanity\BetweenHumanity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "E:\AGames\B\Be\Bet\BetweenHumanity\BetweenHumanity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 312, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
  File "E:\AGames\B\Be\Bet\BetweenHumanity\BetweenHumanity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 787, in load_appropriate_file
    raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805

Tue Oct 10 12:35:50 2023

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
I still end up with errors using the URMx52 you are refering to. Extracted from the file "0x52_URM_WOTD-Only.zip" and placed in game folder.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E:\AGames\B\Be\Bet\BetweenHumanity\BetweenHumanity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "E:\AGames\B\Be\Bet\BetweenHumanity\BetweenHumanity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "E:\AGames\B\Be\Bet\BetweenHumanity\BetweenHumanity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 312, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
  File "E:\AGames\B\Be\Bet\BetweenHumanity\BetweenHumanity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 787, in load_appropriate_file
    raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805

Tue Oct 10 12:35:50 2023

That's the one I have placed in my first post here. It's not a .zip file but the .rpa instead which you can place inside the game folder! :)

FloridaNed

Apr 21, 2018
I finished all the content, and on the summary I apparently only got 2 out of 5 of the affection choices for Jane. And, when I selected the drunk route, the top option was grayed out when she was passed out on the bed. What did I miss?

Also, do choices like that matter? Because going to Alya's room you get an invitation to play video games with her later.

4.90 star(s) 36 Votes