Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Happy New Year Everyone!

What an incredible year it's been! Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement. I couldn't have gone as far as I have without all of you!

I hope you all have an amazing 2023!

New Year 2023 - Final.png

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Hi Drooskati, any plans to publish the VN on
I guess there's no technical reason he couldn't. GOG, however is a little more exclusive than Steam (that's not saying he'd get denied, just that it's higher than the near zero chance of that happening on Steam), and in my opinion is more conducive to finished games. I figure when the game fully releases, it might be something to look into. Droosk, however, might have a slightly different view. (He'd in all likelihood try to push to GOG asap if at all possible).

TL;DR: Not today nor tomorrow, but it's something he'd probably look into.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
GOG, however is a little more exclusive than Steam (that's not saying he'd get denied, just that it's higher than the near zero chance of that happening on Steam), and in my opinion is more conducive to finished games. I figure when the game fully releases, it might be something to look into. Droosk, however, might have a slightly different view. (He'd in all likelihood try to push to GOG asap if at all possible).
SomeGuy is right. GOG isn't really a platform for in progress work.
I agree with that but there are notable exceptions. Bannerlord was in development for many years and Baldur's Gate 3 or Subverse, for example are still in development, but they are available on gog. The same with Acting Lessons and Being a Dik, including season 2, so I guess a completed project is not mandatory.

Again, I agree that is not the best platform for in progress work. What gog does best is to revive old and outdated games, making work with current OS and updating old drivers or other obsolete features. It usually works very well. Unlike Steam, players can download off line installers and play their games without DRM and constant key checking...

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Downloaded latest version from Patreon, ran into this error immediately on startup:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyone else run into this?
So, wherever you got your file, it wasn't from me or my Patreon. I'm not using Ren'Py version 8.0.3, so my game cannot generate that error.

Wishes For Fishes

Jun 7, 2022
So, wherever you got your file, it wasn't from me or my Patreon. I'm not using Ren'Py version 8.0.3, so my game cannot generate that error.
Got it from here:

Playing on a Mac, it crashes immediately on startup without generating an error. I had to run in through the Ren'py SDK (my version of which is 8.0.3) to see what the hell was happening.

I payed you money to play your game. Don't be an asshole.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
It doesn't make me an asshole to point out that it's impossible for my game to generate the error you provided. You need to include the fact that you altered the game from it's original form before asking for help.

As for "paying me money to play my game", if you legitimately think I'm "an asshole" for pointing out that what you posted could not have been generated by my game as released, DM me your Patreon ID and I'll happily refund your contribution.

Beyond that, if you want to provide the REAL error logs showing what issue you're having without modifying the game, we'll try to help you.

Wishes For Fishes

Jun 7, 2022
It doesn't make me an asshole to point out that it's impossible for my game to generate the error you provided. You need to include the fact that you altered the game from it's original form before asking for help.

As for "paying me money to play my game", if you legitimately think I'm "an asshole" for pointing out that what you posted could not have been generated by my game as released, DM me your Patreon ID and I'll happily refund your contribution.

Beyond that, if you want to provide the REAL error logs showing what issue you're having without modifying the game, we'll try to help you.
As I said, when I try to open the game natively, it crashes after a second or two without generating an error log. I click the app to open, it appears in my taskbar for a second or two, then disappears. I then opened the Ren'py SDK and ran it through that. It does not modify the game files--I've checked this by redownloading and comparing the files, they remain the same. Those are "real" error logs. If I knew and had whatever version of Ren'py you are running, I'd check through that, too. And as a said, it crashes when trying to run it normally anyway.

In fact, the only way I've managed to get it to run is by modifying it--going into the files and adjusting the indentations.

Does your game just really not like Macs or something?

Edit: I've attached one of the files that gets flagged. This hasn't been modified by me, I haven't even attempted to run it. Is it somehow different from what it should be?

Last edited:

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
As I said, when I try to open the game natively, it crashes after a second or two without generating an error log. I click the app to open, it appears in my taskbar for a second or two, then disappears. I then opened the Ren'py SDK and ran it through that. It does not modify the game files--I've checked this by redownloading and comparing the files, they remain the same. Those are "real" error logs. If I knew and had whatever version of Ren'py you are running, I'd check through that, too. And as a said, it crashes when trying to run it normally anyway.

In fact, the only way I've managed to get it to run is by modifying it--going into the files and adjusting the indentations.

Does your game just really not like Macs or something?
You're the first person to bring up any mac issues. Unfortunately, as I personally do not own a mac, I cannot test on it. However, I've sold several hundred copies on Steam to Mac based customers and none of them have reported any issues.

What version iOS are you running? I may be able to find correlation with that info. Also, did you check the CLI?

In the meantime, BTW runs on Ren'Py 7.4.6 and to save you time, here's the link for it:

Last edited:

Wishes For Fishes

Jun 7, 2022
You're the first person to bring up any mac issues. Unfortunately, as I personally do not own a mac, I cannot test on it. However, I've sold several hundred copies on Steam to Mac based customers and none of them have reported any issues.

What version iOS are you running? I may be able to find correlation with that info. Also, did you check the CLI?

In the meantime, BTW runs on Ren'Py 7.4.6 and to save you time, here's the link for it:
Got it running perfectly on 7.4.6, thanks for the link.

Kind of a moot point now, but my OS is Ventura 13.0.1.

Edit: And yeah, no crash logs archived anywhere, which is really weird. I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

gregro

May 24, 2021
Earlier in "future tags" were, if I'm not mistaken tags "bdsm, male domination, slave", are they no longer planned?

Gwydion

Apr 14, 2018
So I've gone ahead and bought myself chapter 6, and it definitely progressed the plot significantly and well.

Some character-specific thoughts I had were:

Emily and the sex scene with her, felt rushed and disappointing, particularly when compared with the excellent, intimate, and very loving scene with Sky - that's not actually a criticism though, because that felt very appropriate for the situation and the character dynamic. That being said, I think Emily's dynamic is going to need to shift fairly significantly, or I don't think a relationship with her is going to be very enjoyable given how closed and combative she is.

Kaylee hasn't had a whole lot of room to develop yet, but I'll be very interested to see how Sky responds to any potential relationship happenings there; I will say I'm still very much enjoying Sky herself, and all of the very sweet interactions we have with her, in general and about her concerns regarding her budding relationship with MC and Hannah

Which really only leaves poor Bailey, who, if time moves the same in both worlds, is going to be dealing with the sudden disappearance of her sister and the entire group for potentially weeks - added concern being, with Alorine now free and having been shown to be able to operate in both worlds, Bailey is all alone and defenseless, if Alorine chooses to use her as leverage.
Then too, if Bailey remains separated from the group for too long in terms of plot progress, it's going to become increasingly difficult for her to be a full Love Interest, which I'm still very much wanting and hoping for; fingers crossed that she'll be reunited with the group in some way quickly.

RenIsLyfe

Jun 28, 2020
I also bought ch6. The big plot movement here should be obvious to anyone reading and paying attention (or just reading the VN description ;)), but is done well none-the-less.

I agree with just about everything Gwydion says.

Great update Drooskati, I look forward to the next part of the story.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
So I've gone ahead and bought myself chapter 6, and it definitely progressed the plot significantly and well.

Some character-specific thoughts I had were:
I agree with a decent amount of your post

Emily - Felt a tad rushed but they did have people coming and Emily wants to be more "it's just sex for fun" so no slow build up. But I did really like the kiss. Feels like she is more into MC than she says and is suppressing it. If that was the intent, it was well done.

Sky - Threw in a choice to have only one girl share the barn with our couple and I had to pick Sky. I was hoping for more, of course, but it played out well and did make sense they would be too tired.

Kaylee - I, too, want a bit more here but the challenge is they are all stuck together with no going to separate homes and Kaylee needs to know about Sky and the couple and then tell Sky that she wants her own part of that with the couple.

Bailey - OMG YES I want Bailey more than Kaylee or Emily. Please tell me she somehow gets pulled into the world with them. YES YES YES YES so much want Bailey.

Also Drooskati would you have liked to let the shapeshift scene go where we could actually pick but simply didn't have time/resources to animate all of that? Or was it a (very fair and VALID) desire not to "spoil" a scene that would happen "for real" later on? Like if you could choose Bailey (OMG YES) that could ruin the actual Bailey scene later. I think I would agree that waiting for "real" is better.

Thanks for the update. Everything went smooth as silk on Steam BTW.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Open Poll for the entire community! Who is best girl?

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes