jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Open Poll for the entire community! Who is best girl?

See I feel like Hannah should be a given because all the other girls will happen through her. So it should be who is after Hannah.

So I can vote Bailey.

But with Hannah included you kind of cannot vote for anyone else if you are being honest.

Gwydion

Apr 14, 2018
See I feel like Hannah should be a given because all the other girls will happen through her. So it should be who is after Hannah.

So I can vote Bailey.

But with Hannah included you kind of cannot vote for anyone else if you are being honest.
Agree, yes. With those kinds of polls, I always prefer the ability to be able to select multiple options, in which case my votes would equally go to Hannah, Bailey, and Sky; although I do still like Em and Kaylee - there's a lot to love about all of them. As it is, I couldn't possibly choose just one.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hannah is best girl simply because she is Hannah. This is one of the few stories I have seen where the "open" relationship still feels like a partnershiip and a "mutual" endeavor and I attribute much of that to the way Drooskati has written her character. Best girl!

Reactions: ename144

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
anyone know if the savegames are compatible with the steam version? Some are some arent is why Im asking

edit:
Seems copying the savegames DOES work for the steam version, I even got a buncha achievments retroactively

Last edited:

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
anyone know if the savegames are compatible with the steam version? Some are some arent is why Im asking

edit:
Seems copying the savegames DOES work for the steam version, I even got a buncha achievments retroactively
Yep, if you've previously been a dirty rotten pirate and later decide to buy the game, all of your progress will be retained when you open Steam, and it is all retroactive. I've made sure to ensure that this is the case to make it more appealing for people to transition :)

And let me say, thanks for the support! <3

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
Yep, if you've previously been a dirty rotten pirate and later decide to buy the game, all of your progress will be retained when you open Steam, and it is all retroactive. I've made sure to ensure that this is the case to make it more appealing for people to transition :)

And let me say, thanks for the support! <3
yeah I was gonna do patreon but then I saw it on steam under recently updated since I had ye on my wish list and that was just perfect

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
This was recommended by another GAME, and I do enjoy seeing cameos of other good novels and games incorporated into the one I am enjoying.
Anyway, does most of the dialog here start with the same 2 words "I Mean", I am not too far into it now but it comes up...a LOT, and I am wondering if the one single dialog writer does away with this habit through this story?

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
This was recommended by another GAME, and I do enjoy seeing cameos of other good novels and games incorporated into the one I am enjoying.
Anyway, does most of the dialog here start with the same 2 words "I Mean", I am not too far into it now but it comes up...a LOT, and I am wondering if the one single dialog writer does away with this habit through this story?
I mean... I'm not sure.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I just had Renpy export the entire dialogue and did a review. There are 173,751 words so far in the first 6 chapters. Those are contained within 11,989 lines of dialogue and narration.

The word sequence "I mean" appears 52 times in total. That means that it's in 0.4% of dialogue lines. It even include statements like "you know what I mean", which isn't what you're actually getting at. Excluding statements like those, it appears 39 times out of 11,989 times, or 0.3%. If we go with JUST where a line or general statement starts with "I mean", it drops to 29 times or 0.24%.

So, I believe I have conclusively and thoroughly answered that no, most of the dialogue does not start with "I mean" :)

Edit: One of my testers was offended by this, so I want to clarify I am not being mean. I'm just letting my inner Spock come out to play.

1673415496270.png

Last edited:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I just had Renpy export the entire dialogue and did a review. There are 173,751 words so far in the first 6 chapters. Those are contained within 11,989 lines of dialogue and narration.

The word sequence "I mean" appears 52 times in total. That means that it's in 0.4% of dialogue lines. It even include statements like "you know what I mean", which isn't what you're actually getting at. Excluding statements like those, it appears 39 times out of 11,989 times, or 0.3%. If we go with JUST where a line or general statement starts with "I mean", it drops to 29 times or 0.24%.

So, I believe I have conclusively and thoroughly answered that no, most of the dialogue does not start with "I mean" :)

Edit: One of my testers was offended by this, so I want to clarify I am not being mean. I'm just letting my inner Spock come out to play.

This is the EXACT kind of petty pendantry I'm here for! Well done, Sir! :whistle::coffee:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vleder and Gwydion

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Shoutout to Bare Witness, I assume?
It was from Droid at one of my favorite projects, Love and Magic, the one you mentioned was in it as well.
Same as a dozen others as part of a computer in the MCs room, there is another incredible game named Ataegina that will show games in the library, listed as some of the SPELL books.
I love how creative some devs can be when giving cameos and shout-outs to other creative works, thats how I found my top ten, ALL by the same method.

Reactions: Gwydion

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019

I mean...52 times is still a lot lol.
Still...THIS is my favorite reply I have EVER received!
Undoubtedly the most researched, thought-out, well-planned, and EDUCATIVE reply to date!
I CHALLENGE anyone to find a better one!

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Alright now, THIS is utterly fantastic!

I have progressed to a point where a couple enjoy a night out at a CAVE-Restaraunt (something I have seen in a few other works btw) and MUCH more importantly they are about to enjoy a VERY specific label of wine from an incredible vineyard located just south of Bordeaux France, I know exactly where this is since my beautiful Lady and I have been there, marking it as a very fond memory of having, no GETTING to travel on assignment to a few locals in the southern France area, with stops in both Pamplona and Andorra right on the border with Spain, then ending in a little chateau within Bern, or the heart of Switzerland.

But I DIGRESS, the LABEL of this wine used within the novel here is very specific as I mentioned, which is Chateau La Mission Haut-Brion.
The name would most likely come as an afterthought to many reading through this, or even to the Editor working through the dialog, but they produce some of the FINEST wine on the planet, I am not ONLY talking from my girlfriend and I personal experience, but WORLD renowned!

The bottle we enjoyed last June while on our deck overlooking the tide coming in on a very clear and starry night (I go into more detail during some parts of this post as they bring back very vivid recollections of being there at the time, whenever I close my eyes), was one of such remarkable creations, listed as Pessac-Leognan, one of which few bottles that a close friend of my family had delivered, while she was enjoying a night within her international layover.

One cannot fully describe the flavor or presence of this wine AND by NO means are either of us connoisseurs or wine snobs at all, so I can't go into the specifics, we just fully enjoyed it for what it was, a very fine creation.

So I have to thank you for bringing us back to our trip, and more recently to a very enjoyable warm evening last June.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

In a world...where Marriam-Webster defines literally as:
2: : —used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible
will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice—Norman Cousins
facts become meaningless.

• Sad

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I'm wondering if he's going to turn out to be a druid, only CURRENTLY in dog form.
That got me thinking too. But I ended up abandoning that theory. Into what could logically a DM translate in the game world? A guide to the players at the table and a guide/explorer to the adventurers in Euchora. Maybe it's as simple as that: a dog. Maybe if Kaylee pets him enough he'll change into a treant... or not. There's already a joke about him licking his junk... o_O

• Haha

Gwydion

Apr 14, 2018
That got me thinking too. But I ended up abandoning that theory. Into what could logically a DM translate in the game world? A guide to the players at the table and a guide/explorer to the adventurers in Euchora. Maybe it's as simple as that: a dog. Maybe if Kaylee pets him enough he'll change into a treant... or not. There's already a joke about him licking his junk... o_O
Oh wait, so he's a GUIDE dog. Clever son of a bitch.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
For those who enjoy the game, ever wonder where it started? Well, I'm doing a bit of cleanup on my drives, and came across some of the renders I did back when I was still in the VERY early stages of planning the game. This is the first ever render of the core group.

From left to right:

Oscar, Emily, Hannah, Skylar, Kenny.

Opener.png

And to compare, another one of the characters now.

Family Photo 4K.png

Talk about "How it started/How it's going" :)

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes