indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
instead of seeing great renders i would prefer to see fast content of the actual game...why waste time on those instead spending all time in updates>?? they are great, ofc but still....

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
instead of seeing great renders i would prefer to see fast content of the actual game...why waste time on those instead spending all time in updates>?? they are great, ofc but still....
Not sure what you mean here. Renders are game content. They're the visual part of the visual novel. Without them it'd be a novel, or maybe a text based adventure. Rendering also takes up the bulk of resources while developing the game, but can be pretty tedious so sharing a rendered image while rendering other images is not really slowing down development either.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Not sure what you mean here. Renders are game content. They're the visual part of the visual novel. Without them it'd be a novel, or maybe a text based adventure. Rendering also takes up the bulk of resources while developing the game, but can be pretty tedious so sharing a rendered image while rendering other images is not really slowing down development either.
I think they mean the random renders that aren't going to be in game, obviously the game needs renders. I like the random for fun renders

Reactions: someyoungguy

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I do the "random for fun renders" for a couple of reasons.

1) I sit at my computer, working on BTW for 12+ hours per day, 7 days per week. Sometimes, I need a break from the story side of things. So, I'll make something NOT directly related to BTW. Most of the time, it's just a 4k shot. Sometimes, it's an animation. Either way, it's a break from the story.

2) I use those renders, both still and animated, as a way to test my limits. ESPECIALLY the animations. It's how I push myself to learn more, get better at doing them. They are the reason that with every chapter, the game looks better and better.

So those random renders are actually quite important :)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

1) I sit at my computer, working on BTW for 12+ hours per day, 7 days per week. Sometimes, I need a break from the story side of things. So, I'll make something NOT directly related to BTW. Most of the time, it's just a 4k shot. Sometimes, it's an animation. Either way, it's a break from the story.

2) I use those renders, both still and animated, as a way to test my limits. ESPECIALLY the animations. It's how I push myself to learn more, get better at doing them. They are the reason that with every chapter, the game looks better and better.

You should do a 'Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom!' animation featuring the girls in this. :p They'd look much better than the ones in the real video. :ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Never let TROLLS-get-you-down.gif

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I think they mean the random renders that aren't going to be in game, obviously the game needs renders. I like the random for fun renders
Even if they're referring to "extra renders" they're implying that whatever renders they're referring to are preventing the dev from working on the game or slowing down development, and there's absolutely no reason to believe that's the case. Droosk has always made renders for fans while while working on the game. It's part of the development process. It doesn't make sense to me that making renders while developing a game slows down the development of the game.

Making a few extra renders for fun isn't functionally different from the few extra renders devs usually end up with because they didn't come out right and needed to be redone, or the scenes were written but when actually putting it together it threw off the pacing too much. Extra renders usually already happen a little bit anyway, so it doesn't even make sense for the renders we're being shown to slow down game development even if they're not going into the game. As far as I remember, it's usually only one or two extra renders a week, too. The rest are actual preview and teaser images.

The whole attitude of "every moment you're not doing what I expect you to be doing at work is wasting my time" is also such a boomer attitude I just don't get. So I guess the sentiment in general doesn't seem valid at any level

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Even if they're referring to "extra renders" they're implying that whatever renders they're referring to are preventing the dev from working on the game or slowing down development, and there's absolutely no reason to believe that's the case. Droosk has always made renders for fans while while working on the game. It's part of the development process. It doesn't make sense to me that making renders while developing a game slows down the development of the game.

Making a few extra renders for fun isn't functionally different from the few extra renders devs usually end up with because they didn't come out right and needed to be redone, or the scenes were written but when actually putting it together it threw off the pacing too much. Extra renders usually already happen a little bit anyway, so it doesn't even make sense for the renders we're being shown to slow down game development even if they're not going into the game. As far as I remember, it's usually only one or two extra renders a week, too. The rest are actual preview and teaser images.

The whole attitude of "every moment you're not doing what I expect you to be doing at work is wasting my time" is also such a boomer attitude I just don't get. So I guess the sentiment in general doesn't seem valid at any level
Pretty sure S1nsational was just messing with the guy ... you've seen his avatar, right?

My two cents: Anyone in these forums who ever complains about a dev's productivity on any level -- even if that dev has proved to be problematic with a mountain of evidence -- is a piece of work.

If you want to go complain on a paid tier in Discord, or a tiered post in whatever other subscription service of theirs you have access too, that's one thing.

But if you're here TAKING their work for free ...

Anyway, that's my two cents about the post S1 was responding to.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
This seems like a good time to plug the following:

Or, if you're feeling generous, you can hit me up on .

Or or, if you just don't like for some reason, well guess what, you can actually support me on a monthly basis (Or even buy a Steam key!) directly via now! The Emily, Skylar, and Hannah tiers are available via Discord directly. Perks are EXACTLY the same, as I cross post everything.

Okay, shameless plug is done. Thanks :)

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Pretty sure S1nsational was just messing with the guy ... you've seen his avatar, right?

My two cents: Anyone in these forums who ever complains about a dev's productivity on any level -- even if that dev has proved to be problematic with a mountain of evidence -- is a piece of work.

If you want to go complain on a paid tier in Discord, or a tiered post in whatever other subscription service of theirs you have access too, that's one thing.

Preach.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

not arguing your point coz you're right, but some of us paying customers still come here to talk (or bitch) about a game :)

Reactions: Ancandune

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Woah woah woah, what's this about my avatar?

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer
4.40 star(s) 57 Votes