3.10 star(s) 92 Votes

ZoZo0311

Aug 13, 2019
I'm not able to progress any further in quite a bit of the quests. Does anyone know what I'm missing or what I should do next?

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
This isn't the place to argue about DS's practices, but you presented the question and i have to give the answer.
There's three possible scenarios that fit the narrative you are so perplexed about(the "ridiculous assumption").

1. DS gradually lost creative control of a game he cared about, due to his high paying patreons having completely different expectations from BB, and in order to not lose the insane income, he "sacrificed" his creativity thus gradually losing interest in it(and the patreon shakedown was the easy way out). So he started anew on another game he cared about and had full creative input. Glamour.

2. DS never really cared about BB, he always wanted to find a way to revive Glamour(that he preferred as a narrative), and used BB's success to build a team capable of remaking Glamour to the game we have today. At the first opportunity, he bailed on BB, and jumped to Glamour(with the insane online server scheme to squeeze that extra money and get rid of us pirates).
Ofcourse Glamour is a mess of its own, and all these BB fans kept pushing him to revive BB.
Which led to the new mess we have today(neither Glamour nor BB fans are happy with the result).

3. DS is a lazyass scam artist that loves milking his loyal fans out of every cent, and couldn't bear the thought of losing extra money from pirates, even when making 50k+ per month, so he revived Glamour with a system that would get rid of pirates(online save-server system/spyware). Ofcourse that backfired horribly, and he had to abandon it and live with the pirates, and whatever income Glamour is giving him today(plus adding BB in it for an extra income by its fans).

Bottom-line is, DS could continue and finish BB if he wanted today, and most of BB fans would follow him(along with their subscriptions). Why do u think BB-Another Story is alive and kicking? He could move the game to a different platform if Patreon hunted him, rename the game to something else, patch the content etc.
But he doesn't want to get(at least some) of that 50k income back? Does that make sense to you? Isn't it a contradiction?
On the other hand, it's easy to continue pushing 1-2 scenes(with a couple of renders each) and call it a huge update every month in Glamour, and pretend he's caring about both fanbases.

His team is putting the minimum effort for the maximum profit. Because the fans allow it.
Glamour is piece of shit. Boring, useless etc. Unplayable.
I Hope BBas will not be same mistake.

Reactions: nmiki and Kaiadas

wpolo

Jul 20, 2017
in quests "stick or carrot" and "who doesn't take risk..." says i didnt give them sweet on time is that normal in this stage of game or i fail quests?

cosimar

Apr 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive events/olivia_cam.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 691, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Reactions: Elemento

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
As grindy af, opportunities don't progress properly for inexplicable reasons (never am able to progress the blog), and renpy errors popup every other scene (which seems to be caused by using Cyrillic in the scripts?).

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
So........... "Load and save menu" not fix yet?
I "fixed" it by deleting all autosaves in both savegame directories and all but my current quicksave file. After that the manual saves worked again. Just remember never to try to load a autosave.

Reactions: lazt96

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
As grindy af, opportunities don't progress properly for inexplicable reasons (never am able to progress the blog), and renpy errors popup every other scene (which seems to be caused by using Cyrillic in the scripts?).
If you have already gifted her a dress for the Blog and trying to open the next stage.
Type this in the Console to bypass and open the scenario. You can now talk with Alice to progress in Blog quest.
alice.dcv.intrusion.stage = 1

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Edit ... I finally stumbled across the Carrot solution ... gee.
After the current end of schoolmate save Lisa from being spanked, then talk to her about it in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan.spam

HVS3

Jul 12, 2018
RE Eric / game overall a few points for the dev / posters on this thread:
  1. Eric. Keep him, but get rid of him. I.E Have an option to get rid of him, not by doing tasks and having to see him get on with Alice / Lisa, not by seeing him with mom, just give Max the option to put a landmine down when he first enters the house. That way, people who don't want to see that content can skip it straight away and hopefully reduce the amount of people complaining about him. Those who like the challenge or like the type of content can keep him around. Pleases both sides.
  2. Keep developing the content for Eric. I'm impartial to Eric content (keep him or leave it, is whatever), but those that like it are just as insufferable as those that don't like it (basically: humans are annoying and none of you / me are an exception). Balancing things out (by developing both routes), will output the best response from people imo (won't please everyone, but at least it's fair to both audiences). PS (not for the developer but for everyone else): If you just want your route developed, you can skip on telling me, I know and everyone else knows you guys exist.
  3. For posters (exceptions apply): Stop trying to argue that he's a challenge or whatever, there are plenty of ways to introduce challenges without forcing people who don't like certain type of content to watch it. A way of perhaps (hopefully) get the point across is this: Imagine if the only way to keep Eric was to watch 10 scenes per week of scat (Max and Lisa eating it, Alice and mom bathing in it, Eric taking a shit on Kira's face, etc.). You wouldn't like it, neither do people who dislike the Eric content. PS: For some (not all) that are arguing that he's a challenge but are instead so obviously into ntr and are just trying to get a better look out to everyone by seeming impartial, you're not fooling anyone.
  4. Reduce the grind. Seriously, please... The original game was extremely annoying for this, you can improve on it... please do so.
  5. Perhaps get a team of playtesters if you haven't already, send them private builds before posting them for your patrons and see if that helps reduce the amount of bugs.
  6. Keep up the good work.
fyi this dev is doing it as hobby right now so amount of content will b limited, meaning dev will not be able to add enough content to all paths every update.
as to grind some players like grinding games(i dont but some good story games are grinders.)
also grinding is not that bad (its the walkthrough they tell u what to do but forget that u also need certain mood & outfit when u do things. with proper mood & outfit ive been able to do events 3-5 times & im done with event.)
& as to testers thats what top supporters are for to most dev, they are paying to be the 1st to try out new version. (its not dev fault when the top supporters release the game b4 the free to public version is is ready, bc most bugs are usally fix by time free to public release date comes.)

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 691, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
There is a fix on the front page that deals with things related to watching Olivia through the camera, have you installed that?

ecksdude

Apr 24, 2020
Even with the update I'm getting crashes on a regular basis.

Also, I signed up to be a patron, and for some reason, the game is updated here but low-rent patrons can't download direct yet? Odd.

In any case, would be good to see this fixed. Very frustrating.

3.10 star(s) 92 Votes