konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
sooo why was the game abandoned?
i mean... i heard that it had something to do with patreon and anti-incest policy
but probably i got it wrong because in his glamour u can change relationship statuses
so it is hard to imagine that he rage-quited without pulling basic landlady-roommates stunt or adding 'user-made' incest mod.
was it impossible to re-code all names/statuses on unity engine? (no knowledge of coding so the only reasonable for me explanation)

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
sooo why was the game abandoned?
i mean... i heard that it had something to do with patreon and anti-incest policy
but probably i got it wrong because in his glamour u can change relationship statuses
so it is hard to imagine that he rage-quited without pulling basic landlady-roommates stunt or adding 'user-made' incest mod.
was it impossible to re-code all names/statuses on unity engine? (no knowledge of coding so the only reasonable for me explanation)
Yip you pretty much have it right, was Patreon.

DS felt like the story would not make sense without the incest (I kinda agree). Patreon also threatened him to that no hiding or step... or any linking whatsoever to BB would be allowed if there's sniff of incest still in the game. Obviously with Glamour, he put in all the precautions in place to be able to switch. I'm pretty sure he did not start Glamour of with incest in mind, but put it back due to losing of patreon and trying to fit the cast of BB into Glamour.

I have not really played glamour, so not sure how well it was received. The grind was a bit much for me. (Was also rough in BB, but back then there was not such a large selection of good quality games. And BB was one of the best out there in terms of graphics and interface. Glamour looks just as good, but a lot of other great games caught up and surpassed the greatness of BB, so now glamour tends to be just one of lot of other good games.)

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
threatened him to that no hiding or step... or any linking whatsoever to BB would be allowed if there's sniff of incest still in the game.
that is weird... given the amount of renpy games with incest and mods (i assume most of them are on patreon)
was BB the very first case patreon decided to regulate after implementing that anti-incest policy (to make an example of in order to send some message to other devs)...but later deviated from that rigid approach

The grind was a bit much for me
yeah bb was more grindy than needed. stats n cash i will cheat anyway but progression was sometimes uneven and burdensome (which created 'grindy' vibe). not sure if i could played it without usermade walkthroughs and cheats.

other great games caught up and surpassed the greatness of BB
i think i am a fan of bb. as i played its mods/remakes . and overall enjoyed the original one. it was catchy and immersive.
though it was one of the first games i played so novelty effect contributed to my perception
milfy city was the first one, was ok but not memorable, i played with lain mode and when it comes to renpy im in a severe insta-skiptext mode
then i ran into bb-style time-management sandboxes, not sure if BB was the first i touched
the twist was alsmot fun as those lag-delays on my machine were untolerable so had to drop. renders were mehish but it felt like i was able to distance myself from such visual imperfections.
moth was a comfy experience. some renders were soso but i wasnt picky back then.
cma. despite having solid qol and some goodlooking gials (half) its quest chains were kinda forgettable and unimaginative, and its boat isolation premise was self-restrictive. ditched after half of ch2.
i wanted to play luckymark but dropped because it had no good skipping, lmb only is a nono.
and most other games were generic, undeveloped or semi-vnish...
so my point is that personally i cannot point on any game and say that it is surpassed bb

i think i am kinda struggling to find 3dr sandbox to play
also lately i am not so tolerant to questionable renders (faces). i want something with cute (and as authentic as possible) gials, not crackhole eyed ones. and not dolls-manequnes . last one was high-rise climb but tagged abandoned unfortunately.
and generally i switched to RP games (RP beats any render :cool: )

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
that is weird... given the amount of renpy games with incest and mods (i assume most of them are on patreon)
was BB the very first case patreon decided to regulate after implementing that anti-incest policy (to make an example of in order to send some message to other devs)...but later deviated from that rigid approach
No, it wasn't the first. Far from it.

Mr Dots' game, Dating My Daughter, used to be on Patreon. It moved off (for obvious reasons) and continued (along with a different non-incest game on Patreon) long before Patreon's eye hovered over BB.

DS was supposedly going to be looking into alternatives to Patreon so that BB could be finished, but instead it went like Glamour... It was abandoned, and is currently being remade inside of the (also currently under development) remake of Glamour.
Yes, Glamour is a 2-for-1 remake of two prior abandoned games from DS.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
weird. i never kept track if each given incest game listed its patreon link in OP ...
checked milfy city, the twist - they have links to patreon . i assume the same is true for a bunch of incest (or stepcest) games
so how to explain that?
id play DmD had it some cute gial like melody ...or well, any which doesnot resemble some human-like doll or sextoy...
is there any actual sex (penetration) content for glamour gial mc (kate? i thought it was alice!) or is content somewhere on bj stage?

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
weird. i never kept track if each given incest game listed its patreon in OP ...
Most of the popular ones do.

checked milfy city, the twist - they have links to patreon . i assume the same is true for a bunch of incest games
so how to explain that?
The ones on Patreon don't have incest by Patreon's definition.
This was where the "Landlady and roommates" cover comes in. Same game, relatives are now "Landlady" (mother) and "Roommate(s)" (sister/sisters/cousin etc). Then what's known as an incest patch (to restore the intended incest) "appears" and puts things back to "normal".

is there any actual sex (penetration) content for glamour gial mc (kate? i thought it was alice!) or is content somewhere on bj stage?
(For people reading this and ignoring the context, the below is in Glamour only)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
...where the "Landlady and roommates" cover comes in.
yeah that is what i started my questions with. like why to abandon if you can just go stepcest or roommates route.
and alfiuz said that basically ds was not allowed to pull that off.
and as we can see - most games did that without any problems. so that BB misfortune looks very suspicious
oh looked at dmd - it has patreon link . dating your daughter sounds kinda incetish :cool:

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
yeah that is what i started my questions with. like why to abandon if you can just go stepcest or roommates route.
and alfiuz said that basically ds was not allowed to pull that off.
and as we can see - most games did that without any problems. so that BB misfortune looks very suspicious
Honestly, I don't doubt that DS just couldn't be bothered to actually find an alternative to Patreon for BB. Either that, or he did look, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.
He certainly decided not to bother with faking compliance with Patreon's rules, like so many others.
He'd already announced the remake of Glamour, and that it would be in the same setting as BB, featuring characters from BB.

What's funny, is that even before the BB remake portion began, there was already incest in the game - Kate and her sister Julia were able to engage in sexual activities before a playable Max/BB remake was announced.

oh looked at dmd - it has patreon link . dating your daughter sounds kinda incetish :cool:
No, the developer has a Patreon page that people can support him on, but the game doesn't have a patreon page.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Yip you pretty much have it right, was Patreon.
He used Patreon as excuse to stop working on the game and now he is trying to get his patrons back by adding same story to new game. Turns out that dropping the game had effects on patron count.

If incest is bad for Patreon, then what it can say about his current icon. I am pretty sure that it is not his real face and it can attract more serious legal problems.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
Patreon page that people can support him on, but the game doesn't have a patreon page.
never checked how it all works ...but it looks the same as it allows to get montly payments from supporters especially if u have only 1 game (or 1 active game) on this account .
dunno if several accounts are allowed (to use another name as developer), to put 1 strictly incest game on each in case you have several ...so only in the case of several games in development on one account it could be bit uncomfy scheme for 'milking' as u would need to raise prices which would be no good for those who opt to support only one of games

so dunno ...with all those schemes and ways ... dzeris ' Patreon as excuse to stop working on the game ' thought sounds logical.

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Patreon was definitely more strict then. I got the feeling that they wanted to send a message. People talk about Mr. Dots, but he had to move DmD completely of Patreon and start his new game Melody just to stay on Patreon.

Also Remember that DS was among the most popular Devs back then earning about $4000 pm. They completely removed him from Patreon with only allowing him to come back with a game devoid of any incest. DS had about 4 devs working for him at the time, so in order to get back to Patreon, decided to start a new game with the idea to maybe later continue on BB.

Redoing BB to not have any incest content would have taken a lot longer then a month for a game that was not designed with that ability, so this was not really an option for DS as an immediate option.

What DS shoulda, woulda, coulda have done is a mute point now. At least he brought out the last version 0.13 after the ban, giving closure to many of the story lines in the game.

Nowadays, everyone including Patreon is turning a blind eye to incest patches and work arounds. Some games even have the ability to turn incest on inside the game.

yeah bb was more grindy than needed. stats n cash i will cheat anyway but progression was sometimes uneven and burdensome (which created 'grindy' vibe). not sure if i could played it without usermade walkthroughs and cheats.

i think i am a fan of bb. as i played its mods/remakes . and overall enjoyed the original one. it was catchy and immersive.
though it was one of the first games i played so novelty effect contributed to my perception

I enjoyed BB immensely, and look forward to playing the BB Remake once the story catches up to the original.

It was definitely a novelty back then, standing head and shoulders above the other games at the time in terms of graphics quality. Nowadays, all the good games have the same and better quality renders along with good stories to boot.

milfy city was the first one, was ok but not memorable, i played with lain mode and when it comes to renpy im in a severe insta-skiptext mode
then i ran into bb-style time-management sandboxes, not sure if BB was the first i touched
the twist was alsmot fun as those lag-delays on my machine were untolerable so had to drop. renders were mehish but it felt like i was able to distance myself from such visual imperfections.
moth was a comfy experience. some renders were soso but i wasnt picky back then.
cma. despite having solid qol and some goodlooking gials (half) its quest chains were kinda forgettable and unimaginative, and its boat isolation premise was self-restrictive. ditched after half of ch2.
i wanted to play luckymark but dropped because it had no good skipping, lmb only is a nono.
and most other games were generic, undeveloped or semi-vnish...
so my point is that personally i cannot point on any game and say that it is surpassed bb
I do like a good sandbox game. MOTH was fun for me too. The Mega tits of The Twist is a turnoff for me, but I still wanna give it a spin. LuckyMark had its problems but I enjoyed it at the end. (Btw, you missed the best parts if you dropped LM. It only gets really good, right at the end)

In terms of Games on here that I enjoy: I don't only play Sandbox games so maybe that's the difference. But I consider the following games better then BB.
Being a Dik (Sandbox Elements)
City of Broken Dreams
Echoes of Lust (Sandbox Elements)
Cure My Addiction (100% Sandbox)
Time Stamp (Sandbox Elements)
Light Of my Life
The Deluca Family
Long Story Short

In general, I'm not an RPGM fan but the following games are also better then BB IMO:
Treasure of Nadia
Struggle with Sin
Wicked Rogue
Peasants Quest

There are more, but these are some of my top ones.

So BB was one of the top at the time, but it's been surpassed. It's still pretty good, but there are so many good games on here nowadays.

i think i am kinda struggling to find 3dr sandbox to play
also lately i am not so tolerant to questionable renders (faces). i want something with cute (and as authentic as possible) gials, not crackhole eyed ones. and not dolls-manequnes . last one was high-rise climb but tagged abandoned unfortunately.
and generally i switched to RP games (RP beats any render :cool: )
Have you tried
Cure My Addiction? It's a 100% sandbox game with pretty solid renders.

Another only you can maybe try is Water World.
I don't like RP games, I feel like I would rather watch normal RP...

Last edited:

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
Mega tits of The Twist is a turnoff for me
generally im not into bigtits but in thetwist everything felt rather caricaturish so i accepted it as is.

Cure My Addiction (100% Sandbox)
my comments above (cma) . i just got bored at p2 as everything started to feel alike and repetitive. also i think all the build up was completed in ch1 so lewd content became abundant and hence unrewarding.

Light Of my Life ; City of Broken Dreams ;Long Story Short- if pure vns then of no priority as it will be a skipfest for me. i need a narrative derived out of quests, hints and visuals (things true for sbxs) not otherwise. i just dont like reading and without it i basically get tons of scenes which value falls down quite fast ... i think the only vn-cyoa i kinda liked was GGGB because i could make choices comparatively quickly and keep track of what is going on. even read occasionally. plus real?pics into drawings added to immersion. basically when it comes to vns i can only evaluate if i can trace the story while skipping. more or less worked for some corruption-orientiered games with fem mc.

Being a Dik (Sandbox Elements) played . i am ok with semi-sbx /vns-into-sandboxes. all those datesimish choices into love stats into routes. plus ui elements.
Time Stamp (Sandbox Elements) played p1
Echoes of Lust (Sandbox Elements) - on my list caz of sb elements.
The Deluca Family -- also on my list as i heard it has sb elements.

RPGMs is a big no-no caz that ui is torturing.

I don't only play Sandbox games so maybe that's the difference
apparently.
looks like you left me with not many options (if we remove vns, semi-sandboxes and rpgms) actually with 0 options if to exclude ones i played :coffee:

Last edited:

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
One of the only games where the cute sisters justified the endless grinding!

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
I keep running into someone saying BB in a lot of games and I remember seeing this game a lot time ago but I never asked why did this game get abandoned?

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
I keep running into someone saying BB in a lot of games and I remember seeing this game a lot time ago but I never asked why did this game get abandoned?
Patreon hit original developer with second strike for close relationship between two related pixels and he abandoned the game.

Now he is working on other game and pissing off some dude from "four rooms" and "lie to me"

Reactions: randomguy6516265165

Polo93

Nov 24, 2017
hello i stuck when i must see the movie on friday 9pm with mom and aunt. i go there and nothing happened , any idea ?

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes