TastySnickers

Aug 14, 2017
Thanks guys for you warm welcome :)
I came here not to stop piracy, it's just a stupid idea.
I came to read quite opposite position to understand what people like and what they dislike mostly. Because on my patron I have a people who likes game mostly, but very little of people who dislike it.

Of course it way too late to change plot story, but I still want to have a feedback to understand what is working good and what is working not so good as planned.

However, I still do not support piracy for _my_ games :) So don't expect me to comment or provide any kind of support about it :)
Hope you like it here! Do you have any current plans for making Big Brother 2 after you finish with the first?

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Aside from the fact that most of these patreon devs use gaming rigs for 3D rendering is just them wasting time/money. I would be shocked to learn of DS or DC actually having a proper workstation. But to properly state an answer to your query: MILK
Pfft. I can build a 32 CPU core, 32 GB RAM, Quad SLI, SSD RAID rig for under $2K. It would be a travesty if they did not do the same. Especially if they are pullng in $12k A MONTH. Hell, there are DISCARDED Russian Bitcoin mines they could use, that are cheaper.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
My main issue with BB right now is that it lost it's appeal as a game for me after 0.4. I will never understand why developers are doing those stupid polls and changing their games according to their patron's opinions. It's seems right but in my opinion it's not. In normal gaming industry I can't see any developer deluded enough to do so as you can't create AAA game listening to crowd's opinion. BB's patron growth rate was at it's peak until DS started to listen to patrons moans and it's the same with other developers. You're doing your game, it comes as a success but after a few versions you're trying to fit into your patrons vision and your game become a mindless fuck-fest as most of the patrons doesn't realy need any form gameplay nor story as they're only there for fap. BB at this point become one of these games sadly. At first you see a game that has this sandbox feel where your choice matter and you know you will be able to choose your path. Later on Eric comes and you see him as a rival. That's great, regardless of people opinion. If people hate an antagonistic character it means he's well done. Their opinion doesn't matter as only cash is important and patrons number was growing with Eric's update as well. Now as I look at BB I see a game where every single path leads to MC fucking every single female character even when it doesn't make sense. Ofc I will probably never see any logic behind incest in games in general as it's pretty damn stupid but even tho it's so unrealistic in a game in which you're giving a choice to the player it would be nice if this choice would mean something else than only fucking in different setting. Lisa's after a guy but she prefs her own brother. Eric, regardless of some people moans and paths we play is without any power so his image as an opponent is broken as he can't really win. We can't lose and it's not even said clearly. If we are friendly with Eric Max is still pissed on him for fucking Kira tho he agreed for that and much more. I highly respect DS for making this game as it's prooven to be on a higher quality level than most and it's gameplay has some extreme potential. Sadly at this point in my opinion BB is not worth it any more. Patrons number ofc will be pretty much stable for a long time as BB is well known in pervs society and it's enough to keep it alive with it's quality of cgs. I wish for BB to end soon at 1.0 and for DS to create something much better on it's base where incest would be at most secondary fetish as it obviously doesn't fit into any sensible plot where choice would matter and it's only a marketing tool as with most of the creators.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
He told us that was how he planned the game and to be patient because Erik was not going to be around forever.
If you don't think DS had a bit of change in plan at the reaction to OP Eric, I have a bridge to sell you.

And I for one, respect his attention to his patrons.

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Wife, girlfreind and Daughter, and I might be on board with more Eric.
Well, Eric not making a return is obvious.. however expanding his content before he gets kicked out should be A-OK storywise. Nonetheless after finding out his true identity, Max could also research his family before kicking him out and then the reverse NTR could happen :3

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
You're emotional. That's why mainstream game development is not listening blindly to their playerbase. I was his patron back then. His patron's number was growing. Patron is not his boss. Patron is a customer and his opinion doesn't matter if he'll be replaced by 2 others. Being emotional over something like that is meaningless.
DarkCookie, Vren, DarkSilver and MrDots ALL do polls to both keep the player base happy, and determine development direction. And THAT is why they are 25% of Patreon revenue. You not getting you personal niche, kink, rocks, off is too bad - so sad. If you want mainstream go play an EA game.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
You're emotional. That's why mainstream game development is not listening blindly to their playerbase. I was his patron back then. His patron's number was growing. Patron is not his boss. Patron is a customer and his opinion doesn't matter if he'll be replaced by 2 others. Being emotional over something like that is meaningless.
I don't really see more people becoming Patrons because things return to DS's original plans. I'm a Patron myself, but I only discovered the game a few months ago, once the course of the game had already been changed. I had actually passed over trying the game before because the voyeurism aspect and corruption didn't appeal to me. When I did play it, Eric almost drove me away for good, until I found this forum and found that he could be beat. Although at that point I just downloaded a save where he was already gone, because I hated dealing with him so much. I honestly like the direction the game is going at the moment, although there's lot of changes I'd like to see as well. DS is in a better position than all of us to know what his fans want though, and presumably, he's delivering based on that. Maybe he's not making quite the game he wants. But at the same time, I'm hardly doing what I want with my life right now either. I'm jealous that DS gets paid to do something at least close to what he wants.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
That build, under 2k... Unreliable components don't last long under strain. Regardless, the number one excuse I read is "render times". And then I see they used some cash to buy a 1080 and downloaded some RAM. The issue is that these people with a "team" put out as much content as a lot of the part-timers, month to month. And that makes me laugh.

About the new translation poll I read about ~15 pages back, he actually wants to use google translate! I really thought he was already using that for the English. Comedy gold.
No. I can build a rock-solid high quality all EB parts rig, that can hit the top 5% (if not 1%) 3DMark score at that price-point.

But that IS what I do for a living, having worked at both Dell and AMD doing EXACTLY that.

Reactions: Born2game

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
No. I can build a rock-solid high quality all EB parts rig, that can hit the top 5% 3DMark score at that price-point.
well for rendering is all about graphic, so if you want to have sli normal 1080 is 600+ depend on company 1080ti are 700+ . so unless you get from back hand or ally its not possible.

i guess they got bit cheaper since i got mine but still.

Last edited:

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
well for rendering is all about graphic, so if you want to have sli normal 1080 is 700+ depend on company 1080ti are 1k+ so 2 of them are 2k where is the rest. so unless you get from back hand or ally its not possible.
There are better value propositions on the curve that yield good enough results. ESPECIALLY if you use multi-core on-die graphics solutions from AMD and link those in with some tasty Radeons.

F181

Jun 30, 2017
DarkSilver? What a twist! I'm a Patreon donor ($5), but I have downloaded the cracked version because it offers mod support (such as for the cheats). It might be an interesting Easter egg if there's time (cheat mode that can be unlocked on the laptop).

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
There are better value propositions on the curve that yield good enough results. ESPECIALLY if you use multi-core on-die graphics solutions from AMD and link those in with some tasty Radeons.
well if you stick with amd + radeons then y you can get computer under 2k i guess. not sure how the prices are because am not interested in that myself. i stick with intel and envidia. in future only msi components u pay more but its well worth it 0 issues. for now current comp serves me well can still play all on ultra when this will change will be time for upgrade.

Reactions: Darkaura

Dasati

May 30, 2017
My main issue with BB right now is that it lost it's appeal as a game for me after 0.4. I will never understand why developers are doing those stupid polls and changing their games according to their patron's opinions. It's seems right but in my opinion it's not. In normal gaming industry I can't see any developer deluded enough to do so as you can't create AAA game listening to crowd's opinion.
That's a pretty unbalanced comparison to make though. A AAA dev will continue to be paid a salary during a games development. A patreon dev's income is directly affected month to month by the number of patrons. Also AAA dev's don't publish a newly updated game every month. Development lasts years, during which again they know they'll be paid. There's a compromise to be made between a dev's artistic vision for their game and the feedback from customers. You're comparing two vastly different development models, and then complaining about them being different.

Edit: Also look to the recent-ish explosion in early access games. Dev's taking to early access in order to allow their customer's to have input into the development e.g. Divinity Original Sin II to point at one example.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
That's a pretty unbalanced comparison to make though. A AAA dev will continue to be paid a salary during a games development. A patreon dev's income is directly affected month to month by the number of patrons. Also AAA dev's don't publish a newly updated game every month. Development lasts years, during which again they know they'll be paid. There's a compromise to be made between a dev's artistic vision for their game and the feedback from customers. You're comparing two vastly different development models, and then complaining about them being different.
You can't really compare an AAA game with a game on patreon in regard of content and quality either. How many hours of fun do you get out of a game such as GTA5 Vs any patreon game. And when you consider cost. If you stay Patreon on a game from start to end, you probably end up pay the same cost as many AAA games in the end.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Although at that point I just downloaded a save where he was already gone, because I hated dealing with him so much.
I have a post-wallet save day 32 that I work from on new releases, that I have no desire to repeat and am unlikely to beat. A ton of F5-F8s and a bunch of lucky rolls involved. Eric makes me want to punch an NTR fan in the face.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes