Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
Saying the game grinds your gears does not mean you hate it. at least not for me. When I hate a game I ignore it completely.
Agree...Grinding is only an issue on replays not for liking or disliking it!
Every game has some grinding in it as it has to otherwise it's just a click through romance novel.
The issue of grinding only stops me from starting over and replaying. I'll go through it once but never twice.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Agree...Grinding is only an issue on replays not for liking or disliking it!
Every game has some grinding in it as it has to otherwise it's just a click through romance novel.
The issue of grinding only stops me from starting over and replaying. I'll go through it once but never twice.
Grinding is fine as long as the result meet expectations and grant some sense of completion and satisfaction. On the other hand, grinding your ass off to be meet with a sad panda face....

greenymph

Oct 2, 2016
Fully agree with OP. Kissing options are very lacking in the game at the moment, and would bring an extra layer of intimacy and sensuality.
Max asking Alice for a kiss when catching her smoking for instance, or Alice giving him a kiss when he offers to do the dishes, could be two options more.

Aug 15, 2017
Maybe add some interactions between the various NPCs. For example, have Ann and Alice discussing what they got on the last shopping excursion or what they'd like to get on the next one. There could be a conversation between Alice and Lisa, although I don't think the two of them are ever together under the current schedule. Anyway, just small things to make it seem that the characters have lives outside of the game. I also like the simple kissing ideas already expressed.

Fix the hour where Lisa is missing in her room. Given that she is gone from the house the next hour, it could be a simple, "It looks like she's preparing to go somewhere," scene like with Alice.

Have Olivia's mom come over once a week to have coffee with Ann. They're neighbors. It'd be nice for Ann to have a friend she can just chat with. The character could be expanded later, but I think this small scene would add a lot with little effort.

Expand the Arachnophobia Opportunity. Once Max's level gets high enough with Alice, perhaps she could say that she is scared and ask Max to sleep with her. At even higher levels, after something like the Blog or Cunning Plan opportunities have reached the point of sex, perhaps she'd be willing to offer certain incentives for Max to agree.

Finally, I'll add to the chorus requesting the ability to look through the cameras. That one seems so obvious, and probably should have been added to the game a long time ago.

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
hey darksiler, just posting to ask, i know you dislike the piracy, thats understandable ofcourse,but how do you feel about people modding your game? ie adding new images or cheats and events?
Good question. We have some disagreement about this inside our team :)

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Sorry about the poll, it's just something that has been talked about in staff and we were wondering what the outcome would be. (don't disappoint me I've got 10k$ on the line) <.<

Stuwi71

Aug 2, 2017
Hello DarkSilver,I would like to say you are doing a great Job and i hope you go a long Way further.(.....with Ann I hope ;))

ThatJuanGuy

Aug 26, 2017
I have just found this forum after playing dreams of desire. I came buckets after the last scene with Alice in the shower. Looking for more I came here, glad I found this place! Excited to dive into big brother.

Antoninus_

May 23, 2017
Hello Darksilver. I have some questions for you :
- are you using blender for render your pictures?
- are you heavy photoshopping your renders? If yes, on what points exactly?

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
My main issue with BB right now is that it lost it's appeal as a game for me after 0.4. I will never understand why developers are doing those stupid polls and changing their games according to their patron's opinions. It's seems right but in my opinion it's not. In normal gaming industry I can't see any developer deluded enough to do so as you can't create AAA game listening to crowd's opinion. BB's patron growth rate was at it's peak until DS started to listen to patrons moans and it's the same with other developers. You're doing your game, it comes as a success but after a few versions you're trying to fit into your patrons vision and your game become a mindless fuck-fest as most of the patrons doesn't realy need any form gameplay nor story as they're only there for fap. BB at this point become one of these games sadly. At first you see a game that has this sandbox feel where your choice matter and you know you will be able to choose your path. Later on Eric comes and you see him as a rival. That's great, regardless of people opinion. If people hate an antagonistic character it means he's well done. Their opinion doesn't matter as only cash is important and patrons number was growing with Eric's update as well. Now as I look at BB I see a game where every single path leads to MC fucking every single female character even when it doesn't make sense. Ofc I will probably never see any logic behind incest in games in general as it's pretty damn stupid but even tho it's so unrealistic in a game in which you're giving a choice to the player it would be nice if this choice would mean something else than only fucking in different setting. Lisa's after a guy but she prefs her own brother. Eric, regardless of some people moans and paths we play is without any power so his image as an opponent is broken as he can't really win. We can't lose and it's not even said clearly. If we are friendly with Eric Max is still pissed on him for fucking Kira tho he agreed for that and much more. I highly respect DS for making this game as it's prooven to be on a higher quality level than most and it's gameplay has some extreme potential. Sadly at this point in my opinion BB is not worth it any more. Patrons number ofc will be pretty much stable for a long time as BB is well known in pervs society and it's enough to keep it alive with it's quality of cgs. I wish for BB to end soon at 1.0 and for DS to create something much better on it's base where incest would be at most secondary fetish as it obviously doesn't fit into any sensible plot where choice would matter and it's only a marketing tool as with most of the creators.
I think you've had the wrong preconception about the game when you started it. It's an erotic incest game, the MC having sex with every female character that's available is pretty much the norm - it was always going in that direction. The only thing I see to have changed is the inclusion of an option to get rid of Eric for good.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Do you realize that your point of view is that of someone knowing the consequence of every in-game action/decision. You're basically saying "Eric isn't OP if you follow a walkthrough".
A first time player will never be able to prevent Eric from doing even a quarter of the things you describe. In fact most your points don't flow logically from a decision, but require the player to stop progressing on certain story paths until a condition is met. This means foreknowledge on every consequence in the game.
But what shows exactly how OP Eric is - there's absolutely no leeway for the first 2 weeks. You either need to do a very specific set of actions, missing just one screws your income flow and the opportunity to beat Eric to the punch.

Pinesama

Aug 9, 2017
Do you realize that your point of view is that of someone knowing the consequence of every in-game action/decision. You're basically saying "Eric isn't OP if you follow a walkthrough".
A first time player will never be able to prevent Eric from doing even a quarter of the things you describe. In fact most your points don't flow logically from a decision, but require the player to stop progressing on certain story paths until a condition is met. This means foreknowledge on every consequence in the game.
But what shows exactly how OP Eric is - there's absolutely no leeway for the first 2 weeks. You either need to do a very specific set of actions, missing just one screws your income flow and the opportunity to beat Eric to the punch.
I disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
I disagree.

If Eric was truly OP, there would be nothing that could be done about him running wild no matter what you did. All this means is that there is a learning curve that encourages replay. Eric pretty much wrecked me the first time I played. Since then, I've played from the beginning several times and he is of no bother. For me, it's great fun exploring the different paths and discovering for myself where the triggers are.

It should be pretty simple to figure out the Kira blackmail trigger as it is stated that Eric has a video of Max and Kira fucking and the only time they do that is during the 2nd photoshoot.

The first 2 weeks isn't so difficult if you don't bother with webcams. If you simply save the cosmetics money and do chores as soon as they become available you can easily afford both Lisa's bikini and Alice's dress before Eric buys them. It's much easier than trying to manage camera viewers. Doing the things I describe take a bit of patience and add some days but as a gamer, I appreciate these small challenges over just having it handed to me.

The thing that sets BB apart from visual novels and Renpy sandboxes is that BB is an actual game with some challenges and rewards for simple strategy. That's also what keeps me playing since the scenes loose all titillation once I've seen them a couple times.

edit to add: While I agree that this relies on foreknowledge, I don't see how that is a bad thing. Replay value is a good thing in my eyes. OK, if I was using a pirate copy then sure, I can see why I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time with it and there is no value equation to be made but as a Patreon supporter, I want to get my money's worth lol
You have a different definition for OP than most.

Last edited by a moderator:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I disagree.

If Eric was truly OP, there would be nothing that could be done about him running wild no matter what you did. All this means is that there is a learning curve that encourages replay. Eric pretty much wrecked me the first time I played. Since then, I've played from the beginning several times and he is of no bother. For me, it's great fun exploring the different paths and discovering for myself where the triggers are.

It should be pretty simple to figure out the Kira blackmail trigger as it is stated that Eric has a video of Max and Kira fucking and the only time they do that is during the 2nd photoshoot.

The first 2 weeks isn't so difficult if you don't bother with webcams. If you simply save the cosmetics money and do chores as soon as they become available you can easily afford both Lisa's bikini and Alice's dress before Eric buys them. It's much easier than trying to manage camera viewers. Doing the things I describe take a bit of patience and add some days but as a gamer, I appreciate these small challenges over just having it handed to me.

The thing that sets BB apart from visual novels and Renpy sandboxes is that BB is an actual game with some challenges and rewards for simple strategy. That's also what keeps me playing since the scenes loose all titillation once I've seen them a couple times.

edit to add: While I agree that this relies on foreknowledge, I don't see how that is a bad thing. Replay value is a good thing in my eyes. OK, if I was using a pirate copy then sure, I could see why I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time with it and there would be no value equation to be made but as a Patreon supporter, I want to get my money's worth lol
I'm on my 20th playthrough with the pirate copy and will become a Patron supporter next month when the next update comes out.
This game has at this time replaced all my other adult moded games.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
edit to add: While I agree that this relies on foreknowledge, I don't see how that is a bad thing. Replay value is a good thing in my eyes. OK, if I was using a pirate copy then sure, I could see why I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time with it and there would be no value equation to be made but as a Patreon supporter, I want to get my money's worth lol
Unless you operate with many different saves and keep track of them. The grind is not THAT fun, so to start over after you find yourself shafted doesn't add greatly to the experience nor the satisfaction. Imho it doesn't matter if you Patreon or not. It would be like force yourself to watch through an awful movie just because you bought it and not pirated it.

You need a fine balance between grind and penality if you want to keep the player if not happy so at least content enough to do over without lose patience.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Edited your posts and added a spoiler. Please use them when wall of texting in a reply :c

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Things that could push this game over the top.

I will start it off.

1. After Lisa becomes Max's GF and he helps her with homework for 3 days without any demands Lisa just before dinner starts will give Max a light kiss on the check and say "Thank You for help with my homework, I got an A" .

2. After Lisa becomes Max's GF while getting out of the pool and going to the chair to sun bath "give a sly kiss to Max if he is out there".

3. While watching TV with mom Lisa after becoming Max's GF comes up and says " Max could you help me with a problem with my homework" and when Max gets to the bedroom Lisa gives him a big fat wet kiss and tells him "thank you" or "I Love You", something like this.
(All this taken no time away so max can go back to watching TV with mom.)

4. Alice, after Max starts helping with Alice blog and when she gets a bonus, during Max helping her with dishes she gives him a kiss on the check and says "Thank You".

5. One more for Lisa is at night after she becomes Max's GF she will cuddle with Max on Max's bed, just cuddle and maybe a light kiss.

There I have gotten it started, so what else can we come up with that will push this game over the top?
I wanted to add to this.

6. Being able to continue Lisa's kissing training, Lisa does say the kissing training was to short.

7. Being able to continue pleasing Lisa anytime she is alone in the bedroom, only being able to do it 1 time is crap.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes